test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to know how to efficiently get that contraband?

jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
I have once again begun adding data (now with other contributors) to a spreadsheet detailing most if not all of the maruading assignment KDF side that grant contraband, prisoners and commodities. Data includes average amount of contraband, average number of commodities, average number of prisoner and average VALUE of commodities.

Love it if you guys would check it out: .
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq64hqu0WjM2dGJmbU9zN1d2NlhCSzhRRUVEcUlabnc&usp=sharing

If anyone wants to help collect data contact me in game @jarodroto123

EDIT: I would advise not scrolling to look for the assignment you want to view, instead just press CTRL+F and type in the name

EDIT 2: I have changed the permissions on the document to make it public (before you needed the link) and allow anyone to comment on it
Post edited by jarodroto123 on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for this, now I know which freighter assignments don't give contra on success.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, now I know which freighter assignments don't give contra on success.

NP, at the moment three people including me are putting data in the sheet, so averages will only get more accurate
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't see the Inspect Freighter for Contraband Mission or the trade mission where you buy Contraband in exchange for GPL.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Don't see the Inspect Freighter for Contraband Mission or the trade mission where you buy Contraband in exchange for GPL.

Whats the trade mission called? ill try to find Inspect Freighter ASAP

Thanks for the feedback

EDIT: I found the one that gives GPL for contraband
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whats the trade mission called? ill try to find Inspect Freighter ASAP

Thanks for the feedback

There is 2 Missions.

One in the personal DOFF missions where you inspect Confiscate Contraband from Crew, the other is Inspect Civilian Freighter Missions found in Sirius, Regulus, Eta Eridani, Pi Canis, or Omega Leonis.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There is 2 Missions.

One in the personal DOFF missions where you inspect Confiscate Contraband from Crew, the other is Inspect Freighter Missions found in Sirius, Regulus, Eta Eridani, Pi Canis, or Omega Leonis.

Right Confiscate Contraband from Crew ill add to it.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish someone would investigate how much the missions come up, I feel like they use to come up more frequently. Especially the investigate freighter mission, I used to get that one all the time.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Want contraband? Become a klingon. The stuff will be pouring out your ears.
  • Options
    syfyguy64syfyguy64 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was discarding contraband because I thought it was just random unneeded stuff like radiation samples, or other commodities.
    Is it important? If so, what for?
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Contraband is Great. Its primary use is at a security officer for the mission turnover Contraband, which rewards 2000 Dilithium. Also It always has a very good sell price on the exchange.

Primarily I play Fed, but out of my 9 characters, I have 5 KDF, cause KDF has a much easier time getting Contraband.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    syfyguy64 wrote: »
    I was discarding contraband because I thought it was just random unneeded stuff like radiation samples, or other commodities.

Try the exchange, Feds cannot get it like the KDF do, but they do have the 5 contraband for 200 dil mission... so they buy it as fast as you can put it up there.

Last time I looked, it was going for 40,000 ec per 1.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    I wish someone would investigate how much the missions come up, I feel like they use to come up more frequently. Especially the investigate freighter mission, I used to get that one all the time.

The "inspect civilian freighter" only appears once in a while, its been that way since i can remember.

About the others.. almost every day.... every 2-3 hours. If you dont find one in particular, wait 2 hours and it will popup. Thats the good thing about marauding missions. Or go to another sector, or to another star cluster..
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Even rarer are those diplomatic missions to "Investigate Reports Of Trafficking In Contraband".
    2 on Success
    3 on Critical Success

There's also the "Investigate Illegal Gambling" that I believe falls under espionage so it's open to both factions. I think the reward is 2 for Success and 3 for Critical Success, but I have not seen the mission in a while.

Missions that I know of which rewards contraband on Critical Success only.

"Infiltrate Intelligence Database" rewards 2 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Track Fleet Movement" rewards 2 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate" rewards 3 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Surgically Alter an Agent for Insertion at Federation Outpost" rewards 3 contraband only on Critical Success. This is KDF only.
    "Investigate Rumors of Intelligence" rewards 5 contraband only on Critical Success.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Even rarer are those diplomatic missions to "Investigate Reports Of Trafficking In Contraband".
    2 on Success
    3 on Critical Success

There's also the "Investigate Illegal Gambling" that I believe falls under espionage so it's open to both factions. I think the reward is 2 for Success and 3 for Critical Success, but I have not seen the mission in a while.

Missions that I know of which rewards contraband on Critical Success only.

"Infiltrate Intelligence Database" rewards 2 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Track Fleet Movement" rewards 2 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate" rewards 3 contraband only on Critical Success.
    "Surgically Alter an Agent for Insertion at Federation Outpost" rewards 3 contraband only on Critical Success. This is KDF only.
    "Investigate Rumors of Intelligence" rewards 5 contraband only on Critical Success.

Ill try to run these for the sheet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    syfyguy64 wrote: »

You can sell contraband for about 40k EC on the exchange each or turn in groups of 5 to security officers (a four hour doff project that rewards 2000 diltihium with no cooldown between projects)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Also if there is enough interest I am thinking of creating similar sheets for other types of assignments, if you are interested in this please PM/Mail me @jarodroto123 or comment in this thread with what types of assignments you want tracked and what types of data you want me to keep track of with said category.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

You mean where and how many times an assignment shows up per an amount of time?

It's an interesting idea for something to track
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Needless to say, you need good quality Doffs to complete missions with success. Having a blue Doffs with the right Specialization / Profession is a good start. But traits are also important. Getting blue Doffs is generally less expensive for the Fed faction since more players generally means more Fed Doffs listed on the Exchange which in turn means lower prices.

There are colonization chain missions for unexplored cluster regions and some nebulae. Examples areas follows:

Delta Volanis Cluster
    T'ong Nebula
    D'Kel Star Cluster
    Arucanis Arm
    Hrimo Cluster
    Rolor Nebula

There are a total of 7 missions in the chain. The last is known as "Renown" and it rewards a blue Doff. Completing the "Renown" mission unlocks the "Support Colonization Efforts" (Fed) / "Support Expansion Efforts" (KDF). These are repeatable missions. On success you get a refugee (Fed) or a prisoner (KDF). On critical success you get a purple Doff. Since this is a repeatable mission every time you get critical success you get the exact same Doff specific to that particular region. For example, T'ong Nebula will always reward a purple Security Officer.

Delta Volanis Cluster is connected to Sirius Sector Block which is the home sector of the Federation. A KDF toon can only travel into Sirius to go to Delta Volanis if you are granted "Marauding Immunity" by a fellow KDF player or when you reach level 3 of the Marauding commendation. This is not a big deal since it is only one cluster and the reward is a purple Doctor.

On the other hand, there are 4 regions connected to the Omega Leonis Sector Block which is the home sector of the Klingons. This includes T'ong Nebula and D'Kel Star Cluster. You need to rank up your Diplomacy commendation to level 3 or be given "Diplomatic Immunity" by a fellow Fed player with high enough Diplomacy to grant that.

Immunity only last one hour I believe. It's best to simply rank up Diplomacy / Maraudering.

At a minimum, I recommend having at least 200 Doff slots. For the longest time my KDF toon only had 200 Doff slots and I have been pretty successful in complete most missions. I actively manage my Doff roster. Every time I get a new Doff either as a reward or by simply buying them off the Exchange I look at the current Doffs I have and sell off "lower quality Doffs". I have recently purchased another 100 Doff slots simply because I like "collecting" Doffs. Not sure if I will stop at 300 or 400 Doff slots.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Strike Against Fugitive Support Networks can return 5 contraband with a critical success.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Strike Against Fugitive Support Networks can return 5 contraband with a critical success.

That one's got a lot of different loots, among them Dominion prisoners.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »

I have extremely high critical success rate for that specific mission for my KDF toon compared to my Fed toon. At best I my have only gotten the Dominion prisoner 4 or 5 times since I started doing that mission for my Fed toon (before doing it with my KDF toon). My KDF toon....? I currently have 4 dominion prisoners sitting in the brig; I seem to get one almost every 3 days over the past month.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »

That's one of the best ones. If not the best one. But seriously, if you're having trouble with contraband, just run KDF marauding doff missions. Soon you will have more than you will know what to do with.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That's one of the best ones. If not the best one. But seriously, if you're having trouble with contraband, just run KDF marauding doff missions. Soon you will have more than you will know what to do with.

Yep. Quite true.

On a "bad" day I might only get 15 contraband. On a really good day I got 50 contraband. I think for me it averages about 30 - 35 contraband per day. If it were not for transferring some contraband to my Fed and Rom-Fed toons my KDF toon would have well over 1,000 contraband sitting in inventory rather than just around 700.

As I inferred in one of my previous posts, I have a lot go good quality Doffs (blue and purple) which I have acquired over time which allows me to currently farm contraband. I would say it probably took me around 10 weeks of consistently playing KDF 2 or 3 hours per day to eventually gather what I would call a decent (not great) roster of about 200 Doffs. That's for a newly created KDF toon and I was not really focusing on Doff for the first 4 weeks or so.
  • Options
    chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can exchange 5 contraband for 2000 dilithium; the mission takes 4 hours. There's a npc you can talk to on Earth Space Dock, Deep Space 9, and I forget where on the Klingon side, probably Qo'nos. On the exchange 1 contraband can sell between 40k and 50k credits. Contraband is a valuable resource.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    chk231 wrote: »
    You can exchange 5 contraband for 2000 dilithium; the mission takes 4 hours. There's a npc you can talk to on Earth Space Dock, Deep Space 9, and I forget where on the Klingon side, probably Qo'nos. On the exchange 1 contraband can sell between 40k and 50k credits. Contraband is a valuable resource.

That has already been stated 3 other times....

... but who's counting....?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That has already been stated 3 other times....

... but who's counting....?

:D

On another note, in about 2 hours a data dump of about 45 projects will be added, expect this daliy
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yep. Quite true.

On a "bad" day I might only get 15 contraband. On a really good day I got 50 contraband. I think for me it averages about 30 - 35 contraband per day. If it were not for transferring some contraband to my Fed and Rom-Fed toons my KDF toon would have well over 1,000 contraband sitting in inventory rather than just around 700.

As I inferred in one of my previous posts, I have a lot go good quality Doffs (blue and purple) which I have acquired over time which allows me to currently farm contraband. I would say it probably took me around 10 weeks of consistently playing KDF 2 or 3 hours per day to eventually gather what I would call a decent (not great) roster of about 200 Doffs. That's for a newly created KDF toon and I was not really focusing on Doff for the first 4 weeks or so.

Even logging onto a single KDF once a day will net me about 7-13 contraband. 20 or so if I get really lucky.

It's good to be red.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the best sector for me seems to be the neutral zone / new rom area. I tend to get 8 freighters per day, one each of human, tellerite, bolian, and ferengi, each coming around on roughly 12 hour clocks. I have NEVER gotten contra off vulcans and no longer bother to mug them.

Of those, human and ferengi give more contra per. Crits on those two can net at least 5, non crits 3, average is probably 2/4 for regular/crits but that is "from doing it a lot" not actual data collection. The other two give 1/2 of that roughly.

The missions seem to be "linked" in that if I am doing a ferengi freighter, I will never find that again in another sector (or never have, and I tried for a while to do so). They also seem to have a hidden personal cooldown; I don't think I have ever had more than 3 of one type on one toon per day, and that was either rare or losing track of time.

Beating contra out of your crew is common but difficult to do, lot of injury and failures, lots of rubbish rewards, and 1-2 contraband is lucky for that one.

I feed 2 chars with 6 farmers. So 6 characters sitting at new rom can farm enough contra for 2 guys sitting at the turn in security officer. That is 4-6 complete sets per day, so 8-12k dil per day for doing "not much". But you need a ton of char slots for it -- and if you play some of the characters (I do) there will be times they can't farm.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    Beating contra out of your crew is common but difficult to do, lot of injury and failures, lots of rubbish rewards, and 1-2 contraband is lucky for that one.

You just need to get higher quality Doffs (blue / purple). Although get higher quality Doffs for all 8 toons at the same time can be challenging.

It has probably been 2 months since the last time I failed that mission. Of course getting critical success on a consistent basis is an entirely different matter. I think I have somewhere between a 24% - 29% chance of critical success for both my Fed and KDF toon.

I have a lot lower success rate with my Rom-Fed toon, but that toon mostly have white Doffs. Got 200 Doff slots, but only 110 Doffs so far. Only playing this toon every 2nd or 3rd day since it was created. However, since the Risian Event started I have been playing all three toons to basic earn those Lohlunat Favors and sell 'em on the Exchange. As of last night each favor was worth 14k EC to 15K EC each, but at the start of the event they were 20k EC each. The simply goal to to farm EC from the event, but the selling value of favors is dropping everyday.

One person claimed he made 60 million ECs selling favors in 2 days. That works out to 1,500 favors @ 20k EC each per day.

You can use the event to farm ECs before the value of favors drops too low to make it worth while. You can then use the ECs to buy better Doffs.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In the past week or so, either my luck has taken a dump or...something else has been doing on. I'd usually hit up 6-11 Contra per toon per go round. In the past week or so though, I'm usually looking at 0-3 Contra with the odd toon getting 5.

Same missions I've always done - I'm pretty lazy about how I DOFF for the most part.

edit: Then again, my overall Dil rewards have dropped off significantly as well. Used to get 4-5k, and now I'm lucky to get 1-2k.