test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risian Bridge

Comments

• seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    only due to the lazyness of the cryptic team, made a lot of people just to avoid the Risa event for good, since there is really nothing more interesting in the event.

I'm sure they're doing the best they can. I can't defend their every decision, but like most folks, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. When I do something, I don't like to half-TRIBBLE do anything. If I have an unfinished project, it bugs me until the issues are fixed. But I might not be afforded the opportunity to fix it, at least not immediately.

In those situations, I can only hope that folks cut me some slack and give me the benefit of the doubt. They can still state their criticisms, but I'd hope such folks wouldn't speculate less than noble intentions to my motivations.
    rottorung02.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I guess I just take things for granted. If I want to go to the beach (ocean, lake, river) - I go to the beach. I want to go to the pool - I go to the pool. I want to go socialize - I go socialize. Etc, etc, etc...

I play MMOs to do things I can't do in real life. I fly starships, I hurl fireballs, I fight zombies, I do all sorts of exotic martial arts, I drive tanks, I pilot mechs, etc, etc, etc....
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Of course it would be nice to have. It's nice to have the Breen one. But it isn't that big a deal while bridges just aren't that well used. Especially if they have actual content they're working on.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a free ship, so as expected it's a bit m'eh as a combat vessel.

However, it had the potential to be a really interesting off duty ship, like the Tuffli or the SCS. I expected that it would at least have access to a bank, exchange, mail and Dabo table. It still would have been less awesome than the others as it would not have had the transwarp abilities or access to some other things.

Mostly I was looking forward to the 'Luxury' aspect of it. This would have been an appropriate social ship interior.

I use my bridges very often, usually for exchange/bank access, but also for science duty officer access and generally I go there or star base to afk.

Very disappointed that bridge interiors in general are being pushed out by other things. For me these are the things I talk about when talking to non-players. The game itself is pretty unremarkable, it's the look and feel of any casual MMO that makes the difference.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The devs sad?? lol, in what world do you live dude?? i dont think devs give a (you know the words..) about it lol. With no offense, but they dont need to worry about these things, that is not their job. And honestly i will not be worried about it either, not at all lol. In any case, the designers are the ones who should feel a little upset, but it is the same scenario. They dont need to, that is not their job.
    1) You're not qualified to say exactly what their job is unless you've worked for Cryptic as a dev. (Nor am I for that matter.)

2) They specifically and publicly said they're sad about this.

3) How is not completing all aspects of a project in time for launch "not their job" anyway? Since it was said that they couldn't create a bridge for it, and the team didn't like that, it clearly was considered part of the project at some point.

4) Just because you might not give a #%^$ in their position doesn't mean they don't. They clearly do care about a lot of the same things we care about.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    1) You're not qualified to say exactly what their job is unless you've worked for Cryptic as a dev. (Nor am I for that matter.)

2) They specifically and publicly said they're sad about this.

3) How is not completing all aspects of a project in time for launch "not their job" anyway? Since it was said that they couldn't create a bridge for it, and the team didn't like that, it clearly was considered part of the project at some point.

4) Just because you might not give a #%^$ in their position doesn't mean they don't. They clearly do care about a lot of the same things we care about.

Of course im not qualified. But i am a worker, and i know how things work. Maybe you still dont have enough age to work, you will understand it when you start. Of course, they could feel sad because they wanted as well a ship interior (as a players i suposse.. more than that...), but i tell you, that is not important for em, not even closer. So, why they coudnt create custom interiors?? did they answered that?? lack of time? resources? imagination?

I dont understand your point number 3. I dont think i said something about that..

I could argue the point 4 since one of the things people are complaining so much around all the forums are the lack of interest from the devs / cryptic team to hear and listen and translate ideas of the users. If you dont think so, thats your opinion, but it is the thinking of a big part of the forums. Now i dont want to enter this discussion, im just saying what i saw around the forums, thats all.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I want to know is, why cant we use our swimsuits on our own private bridges? Only people there are friends you invite... :confused:
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I have a feeling that what we are working on now, will get much more use, and be much more interesting to the players than a single, one off bridge for a summer event ship that likely won't get used much beyond August.

As usual you have peaked my interest.

So I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope that there's an overall ship interior upgrade in the pipeline.
    Many of us don't give event ships a second thought because of the lack of unique interiors.

I know that for me, the lack of a unique Bridge to draw me in, I will only be getting the ship on one toon instead of all my main alts.
    And your right, I probally won't be using the new ship much... because it lacks a unique interior.

In fact a unique interior that allowed for the swimsuits to be worn would be exactly what would make me use the ship more than any other event ship.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Check it out.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--U9K7QxiECc/UnVyv3el6zI/AAAAAAAACGI/M0qhjUZ8Aus/s1600/ANDY6.jpg

In the early stages of TNG Roddenberry wanted a Enterprise-D bridge with no consoles, and everything to work on voice command. So while that would be egregiously inappropriate on a military vessel, for a civilian cruise ship, it's perfect. So get rid of all the consoles except the Captain's chair, throw a pool in it and give it an expansive windows like the Odyssey or the Bortasqu bridge for a view and allow us to wear our swimsuits there....and allow our BOFFs to wear the swimsuits and call it a day.
    I think it will.

They can allow you to go completely nude on these ships and have the most fantastic interiors - as long as there is no content aboard this interiors, nothing that earns you marks, dilithium or energy credits, the interior will just not be seen much.

Until Cryptic can find a way to generate missions that happen inside your personal ship interior, any further investment into new interiors is just a poor use of resources. It may look awesome to look at and be fun to design for the Cryptic team - but without activities that keep you going back there regularly, it will have minor relevance.

Have DOFF missions that generate real missions onboard your ship as parts of the commendation system.

You're correct that ship interiors are underutilized, but that just means create content for them, don't ignore them right?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a feeling that what we are working on now, will get much more use, and be much more interesting to the players than a single, one off bridge for a summer event ship that likely won't get used much beyond August.

Oh yeah, Mr. Knowitall? What might those things you are working on be so we can judge ourselves?

*waits impatiently

*taps foot

* glances at watch

I guess that isn't going to work, is it? Can you please give a hint? Please? Please? Oh please?

* bats eyelashes
  • dougglendowerdougglendower Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I take it then no one is using the Suliban Cell Ships or Tuffli Freighters any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Of course im not qualified. But i am a worker, and i know how things work. Maybe you still dont have enough age to work, you will understand it when you start. Of course, they could feel sad because they wanted as well a ship interior (as a players i suposse.. more than that...), but i tell you, that is not important for em, not even closer. So, why they coudnt create custom interiors?? did they answered that?? lack of time? resources? imagination?

I dont understand your point number 3. I dont think i said something about that..

I could argue the point 4 since one of the things people are complaining so much around all the forums are the lack of interest from the devs / cryptic team to hear and listen and translate ideas of the users. If you dont think so, thats your opinion, but it is the thinking of a big part of the forums. Now i dont want to enter this discussion, im just saying what i saw around the forums, thats all.
    Nice try. I've been working for nearly 30 years.

And being a worker in one industry does not qualify you to say what is and is not their job in another.

Nor does it qualify you to say whether or not they give a TRIBBLE in the first place.

If you were conveying ideas, I wouldn't have a problem. However, you're just trying to spread unwarranted cynicism about the attitudes of the devs, and saying you don't want to enter the discussion is disingenuous; you already did so with your flippant "HA! They don't care, and they don't have to because it's not their job" comments.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Why? What is happening in August that will make a perfectly good ship so completely obsolete that no one will use it anymore?

possibly STO expansion #2 that is slated to be released this year.

Ps maybe at at later time they can hook up the Atrium to be a simulation of the classic Risian map which allows hoverboards and swimwear irrc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Look guys for most players the bridges are a one time visit n forget about it. I did go though a phase of going to them for doff missions but since all the fleet consoles came out i dont see the point. I hope there come up with something new to do there but im not holding my breath.
    Someone commented about half finnished jobs hmm power trays changing by them self since i started playing the game in feb 2012. There clamed meny times to fix it but have not its just happened again too me n it says in dev notes its fixed craptic is full of half arsed fells.
    :mad::(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First off, the devs are NOT lazy. The new improvements to the foundry are great, and I believe the latest FE was the best I've ever played.
    That being said, I feel they don't fully appreciate the amount of people who want a special interior, and who want a chance to wear their swimwear at least one other location besides Risa. I personally would love to use the floaters and hoverboards elsewhere as well.
    And yet I can understand that new main content takes priority over the interior of a summer event ship.
    Maybe next year!
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Oh Great Tacofangs, what is this wonderful thing thou speaketh of? Is it the one true thing to rule them all?

Okay cuz that wasn't creepy enough xD
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    edited June 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    possibly STO expansion #2 that is slated to be released this year.

Ps maybe at at later time they can hook up the Atrium to be a simulation of the classic Risian map which allows hoverboards and swimwear irrc

August would be S9.5...November would be the more likely date for X2.
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Oh Great Tacofangs, what is this wonderful thing thou speaketh of? Is it the one true thing to rule them all?

I say start a rumor that it's holodecks on ships. That there will be holodeck scenery available from the C-Store, Lock Boxes, and the Lobi Store. ;)
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »

They'll remove bridges from the game. No more complain about them from now on !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Nice try. I've been working for nearly 30 years.

And being a worker in one industry does not qualify you to say what is and is not their job in another.

Nor does it qualify you to say whether or not they give a TRIBBLE in the first place.

If you were conveying ideas, I wouldn't have a problem. However, you're just trying to spread unwarranted cynicism about the attitudes of the devs, and saying you don't want to enter the discussion is disingenuous; you already did so with your flippant "HA! They don't care, and they don't have to because it's not their job" comments.

Dude, is the real world, wake up... are you sure you are working since 30 years ago..? :P

I dont know what is so hard to understand. If the devs are STO players, its probably that they could be sad, if they are not, they cant, its simple. They dont have ANY reasons to be. Why they will be sad?? instead of just believe everything you read, just relax and think straight. You will see things different. Seriously.
    edited June 2014
    First off, the devs are NOT lazy. The new improvements to the foundry are great, and I believe the latest FE was the best I've ever played.
    That being said, I feel they don't fully appreciate the amount of people who want a special interior, and who want a chance to wear their swimwear at least one other location besides Risa. I personally would love to use the floaters and hoverboards elsewhere as well.
    And yet I can understand that new main content takes priority over the interior of a summer event ship.
    Maybe next year!

Yup, the devs are not lazy because they just do what they are told to. Its that simple. They cant be lazy , unless they dont do their job, obviously. And if they are lazy, its probably cryptic will fire em asap.

What i dont get it, is the meaning of the new luxury ship. Thats all. The first thing it comes to mind is a fancy ship interior. But it doesnt even have a custom one. I really dont understand the reasons to just avoid creating even a cheap interior for this ship. Specially when cryptic knows that will be a really nice addon to the ship and EVERY single player will be really happy to have it. Sometimes i just think cryptic doesnt want the major player base to be happy, thats all.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Here's a serious question - what do you use your ship interior for that makes it bother you so much?

But yeah, I could see a Risian interior being rather awesome if done.

Me too, as did many folks, which is why we were disappointed. Honestly, I'd suggest a quick [EDIT] on Dev Blog #22 to take out the...
    This ship is a space yacht with all the amenities - a floating reminder of your summer vacation that you can take to the stars!

...that gives the impression that there would actually be amenities aboard. Since amenities are only available on specific ship interiors, that is what led many to believe that there would be a custom interior. Sure, others just hoped that that "floating reminder" bit referred to some place other than Risa that the (rather costly) swimsuit options would be available, but for me it was the potential to have a bridge with an actual functional benefit. As I've mentioned before, I'd rather have a functional interior than a cosmetic Blast Door/Forest/Island and sail animations. Oh, and what I would have done with the ship interior is what folks do with the D'Kora, Tuffli, and Cell ships: use whatever amenities were there to make it worthwhile.

I'd still like to see a contest among Foundry authors to design a bridge to be made available for the Luxury Cruiser, but I also don't know that the Foundry toolset is capable of making a proper bridge...

All that aside, though, I am interested to see what tacofangs et al are coming up with en lieu of the interior. While we can be disappointed in not getting a cool interior for the Luxury Cruiser, we can't say we don't enjoy the work they do. After all, here we are playing the game and arguing passionately on its forums for the things we want to see in that game. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    The mighty taco speaketh!
    edited June 2014
    Dude, is the real world, wake up... are you sure you are working since 30 years ago..? :P

I dont know what is so hard to understand. If the devs are STO players, its probably that they could be sad, if they are not, they cant, its simple. They dont have ANY reasons to be. Why they will be sad?? instead of just believe everything you read, just relax and think straight. You will see things different. Seriously.
    Dude, it's the real world. Are you sure I can't subtract 44-16?

Your opinions about whether people are worried about an aspect of their job or not are yours. Not necessarily the devs' nor anybody else's.

They said they don't like that they couldn't get a bridge done. I'll take their word about their own state of mind over your speculation any day in the absence of any contravening evidence.

Your "logic" is flawed in that you're projecting your own opinions and feeling onto everyone else. Your "reasons" make sense to you. They undoubtedly make sense to some people, but not necessarily any of the devs. Maybe to some, maybe not. Again, you don't know them (nor do I), so you can't say.

Get over yourself, you "think straight", and you'll figure out that you are not everyone.

TL;DR: Stop thinking your worldview is universal or more clear than anyone else's.
    edited June 2014
    August would be S9.5...November would be the more likely date for X2.

I say start a rumor that it's holodecks on ships. That there will be holodeck scenery available from the C-Store, Lock Boxes, and the Lobi Store. ;)

Season 8.5 was the only .5 season in the game no reason to expect another.

STO seasons list - bottom of page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Season 8.5 was the only .5 season in the game no reason to expect another.

STO seasons list - bottom of page

There was no S8.5 before there was S8.5...
    We've got something going on in August...that's too early for X2.
    Makes sense for it to be a S9.5...

edit: Expectations for it, though - should be kept at a minimum. Cause they are working on X2 out the wahzoo...
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ultimately the huge problem here is with the last seasonal event Cryptic set a new standard of excellence with the Breen escort and the new "breen" themed brige available for both ships.
    A standard of which Cryptic "failed" to uphold with the new summer event ship.

And after the swimsuit controversy, the whole thing kind of just leaves a very bitter tastes in many players mouths.

I think a lot of people would have been quite content with the map restricted swimsuits, if they could be just one button click away from being able to wear them at any time.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    August was just me saying that the ship was only going to be used for a few weeks. It is not a secret wink about some giant expansion coming then. It means nothing.

Stop reading things that aren't there.

What I'm working on is [REDACTED] and it's going to be glorious. But if I told you that [REDACTED] was all about [REDACTED], I would likely get in trouble. Hence why I didn't mention [REDACTED] in my earlier post.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In other words do we start reading in between the lines now? :P
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    August was just me saying that the ship was only going to be used for a few weeks. It is not a secret wink about some giant expansion coming then. It means nothing.

What I'm working on is [REDACTED] and it's going to be glorious. But if I told you that [REDACTED] was all about [REDACTED], I would likely get in trouble. Hence why I didn't mention [REDACTED] in my earlier post.

Thing is, some people would be 100 times more likely to use the new ship and visit its special bridge/atrium from time to time, than they would be willing to drop everything and go to Risa and mill around, assuming it would be one of the few places where swimwear could be worn. :P
    edited June 2014

It's not just what you said about August though...it was just that you mentioned August as well. Yes, there's reading into what you said about August, but not necessarily about August itself. Besides, August will be there! Comes sometime after January and sometime before December. :P

With not needing to run 24 courses a day for 25 days...there's so much time left for speculation! ;)
    edited June 2014
    Speculation run rampant,

It is now apparent that Taco is working on the "Ratimics" Deathstar a secret project that D'Tan has been developing to bring the Romulan Empire back to their former glory. Shuttles will be the only ships able to exploit the "Ratimics" vulnerability. :P:P:P

PS Yes I do have that much free time since I can only run the Horga'hn hunt 1x per hour o.O

PPS What is up with this Risan Bird DOFF mission , its getting annoying having to beam up just to start a separate doff mission then beam back to the promenade to pick-up the bird raise mission to get it to work. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]