test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptiiic Devs, I Challenge U To Pvp!

wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvP Gameplay
yep that's it!

with this post i challenge a 5-man-dev-team! i'd go in with 1-4 other players (dev-choice), but indeed would take it on my own!
why? easy answer: by now u really made me want to shoot at you (virtually)! idc if u scatter my spaceship from one end of the map to the other.
and i really don't think u could, even with me against 5 of you :P!

so where's the dev-magic, the op'ness, the SKILL?! SHOW IT! SHOW THAT U KNOW UR OWN GAME BY BEATIN AT LEAST ONE THAT IS HERE FOR PVP ONLY (shouldn't be too hard, eh? i'm not one of the creme-de-la-creme!)

yeah.... won't happen, i know. it's comfortable on top, eh?

p.s.:
if this is may reads too offensive to u plz keep in mind: it's a challenge, it has to be offensive to some degree ;).

edit: your rules!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anger management
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd be up for a chance to play against (or with) a Dev. If anyone needs a team healer, just sign me up and give me the date and time, I'll try to make it.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I played against the devs once...a looong time ago.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

end of 1st bc if i recall right. and if so u beat them like twice, did ya? :) however, gonna hop onto my bop now and blow something up... even if it's me :D...
  • captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Branflakes would play every once in a while. Even Ker'rat, where we'd play "Kill the Bran" or "Defend the Bran"

It would be fun for more devs to get involved. Even if we just saw them at random times in the Pug Queues.
  • isinoisino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This would be cool! I would definitely like to watch a stream of it!
    Not talking about fighting myself, cuz I'm still a bit nooby, even if I have full XII gear. ;)
  • marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol, the dev's ships would probably be completely shut down by my ship leaving them helpless.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's dev accounts and there's private accounts...you may have already been fighting them.

Did you slaughterize one of them? ;)
  • jacenjacen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm really getting tired of the pay to play format they've been choosing to go on. 8000 dylithium a day and give us your money if you want to advance system, and every new ship has dollar signs on them. You've disappointed more than one player here. But I know you don't care because it's all about the dough. You've managed to destroy anything the Gene Roddenberry universe was all about. You've become the opposite of what the UFP is all about. GFU.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually bet a Dev once in a dev pvp event. Three times in that battle^^
    Good old times when they did stuff like that...
    edited June 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    They warped out?

Nope. As Wast33 mentioned, it was for Bootcamp long ago. I dunno if the video is still around, and I honestly don't feel like looking since Youtube has been a giant PITA the past couple days.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    edited June 2014
    There's dev accounts and there's private accounts...you may have already been fighting them.

Did you slaughterize one of them? ;)

hell, that it has to be! all this mess, it's all my fault :D.... and the ukraine and fukushima and mh370 and.... guess there are some good reasons to blow my ship to pieces :cool:

C'MON CRYPTIC!

Nope. As Wast33 mentioned, it was for Bootcamp long ago. I dunno if the video is still around, and I honestly don't feel like looking since Youtube has been a giant PITA the past couple days.

there ya go :)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014

In a Galaxy far far away?
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »

Much appreciated. Ahh...my old old B'rel build. How much it has changed since then. Such were the days. In the first match, I played it totally clean, figuring I would put my best foot forward. Then I found out in the next one, there were no rules. So I went all out with fun stuff (I'm the one dropping the AA's for example). That video is kind of a 'highlight reel' as well, and didn't show the tric mines I was constantly laying out as well.

I suppose it wasn't so much fighting AGAINST the devs as WITH the devs. It was still fun though.
    shpoks wrote: »
    In a Galaxy far far away?

May as well be with how much the game has changed since then.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ever feel like where Geko's taking STO makes where JJ took Trek not look so bad...?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ever feel like where Geko's taking STO makes where JJ took Trek not look so bad...?

Heh....had that same thought...
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2014

I suppose it wasn't so much fighting AGAINST the devs as WITH the devs. It was still fun though.

i have a feeling those days are gone for now :( (i xclude jesse and thomas here, just as bran who left. right mimey ;))

get em both on that team i'd say >)
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    i have a feeling those days are gone for now :( (i xclude jesse here)

Jheinig is indeed still here. Branflakes is of course gone. As for Thomas the Cryptic Cat. That I do not know.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yes Mimey it was good times for sure.

Gosh I miss those days.
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2014
    Good luck with that. I once offered them a $1000 reward if they could beat a Panda premade :P
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited June 2014
    If the devs knew how to PvP in a meaningful way, then they'd probably be the ones discovering all the broken/OP items/powers/combos that we usually have to point out to them. Or they would at least encounter them often enough to understand there was a problem.
    LOLSTO
    edited June 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Good luck with that. I once offered them a $1000 reward if they could beat a Panda premade :P

...well, this one would about the honor. i want everyone to see that they'll keep hiding. YEAH HEAR ME CRYPTIC! HIDING FROM A SINGLE PEW-NOOB! Y NOT COME OUT AND PLAY?

brandonfl wrote: »
    If the devs knew how to PvP in a meaningful way, then they'd probably be the ones discovering all the broken/OP items/powers/combos that we usually have to point out to them. Or they would at least encounter them often enough to understand there was a problem.

...that's what i thought and y i'd take em on my own. on the other hand i like gettin surprised :D;). BLOW ME TO BITS.... IF YA CAN, CRYPTIC!
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i destroyed Branflakes defiant in ker'rat a few years back b4 he went with a Kumari i believed which he still died in... but he was not the dev i wanted to kill since he was the community manager, i want to destroy the person who's making all these terrible imputs in this game for awhile now...
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not like it matters. Apart from a few, most don't even really play their game.

They're just like the rest of the PvEer masses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, I'd love to see the whole staff of STO become more friendly towards the PVP community. Not just a couple developers. But all of the people behind the scenes of STO.

I'd love to see one day D'angelo suddenly show up in a Queued match in a pug and fight it out with no response other then he wanted to PVP.

Or even Jamjams suddenly appearing on a ground PVP map just because he likes the color of a particular weapon and wants to see how many people he can kill with that weapon.

I don't expect them to do this how ever. At least not openly. I mean for all we know random puglet A, who keeps dieing because he's not distributing his shields, could very well be anyone in the developer community.

Still.. there is some giddyness in the Idea of the bragging rights of being able to say you blew up, or killed a Dev in a PVP map.. Even more if it was a whole Dev Premade..

And the amount of community support for an event like that would be awesome. PVP With the Devs.. if only that could happen again. :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »

howmuch have u prepaid for starcitizen?

lol

foot pedals
    edited June 2014
    ...7am pdt, another working-monday down in california...

I'M HERE! I'M WAITING! I WILL WAIT AND ASK FOR PEW UNTIL U TAKE THE CHALLENGE! INDEED I'D SAY WE ALL DESERVE THIS MATCH. AT LEAST FOR ALL THE THINGS WE'VE BEEN TOLD FOR YEARS :P!
    (of course i'd have absolutely no problem with stepping back and f.e. a spots-lottery for a possible match! but still i'm with what i said: i'd take 5 of u on my own as well...)

now get some coffee and start training ;)... have a nice working day (seriously)...

...AND TAKE THAT CHALLENGE :P
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If they played they would know how broken it is........
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    5 devs vs 5 pvpers. i'm in.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want to challange OP for a spelling match.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.