What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptiiic Devs, I Challenge U To Pvp!

13»

Comments

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    LOL. I would love to see the devs troll players in their god ships. 99% resist ... (ablative armor with 0 CD) ... transphasic torpedo with 80% penetration and 2x the damage of regular torpedoes. Energy syphon with 400 points in drain.

i'd love that too... and still would bet on the players :D...
    edited July 2014
    WAZZZZUUUUUUP.... hell, gotta polish my dhc's again after they start to collect dust..... MY POOR DHC'S NEED SOME GO-.....ermmm....BLOWIN OUT, U FORCE ME TO KEEP EM AGAINST THEIR NATURAL NEEDS :D:(...

there should be a law against forcing people to torture their dhc's :mad:. C'MON, BE NICE. URS NEED A WALK IN THE PARK AS WELL I BET ;)...
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    That would be awesome!

It would be as if the battle between the Starfleet task force and the Scimitar would have actually happened in Nemsis!

In fact that would make an awesome new Queue. 1v10 but all in predetermined ships and boffs. Like putting a Player into a Tac Cube or Scimitar versus all tier 2 or 3 ships.

ahah, would be nice:P

in b4 another dead q like smallcraft one
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmm.. no Yellow replies.. Not since I last looked at this thread in june.. Can't say I'm surprised.. but I can say I am a bit disappointed. Oh well.. I'll throw out the excuse and say maybe its 9.5 taking up their time.. And the commitment to Pod Casts... Maybe that's the reason.

Nah....;)
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    webdeath wrote: »
    Hmm.. no Yellow replies.. Not since I last looked at this thread in june.. Can't say I'm surprised.. but I can say I am a bit disappointed. Oh well.. I'll throw out the excuse and say maybe its 9.5 taking up their time.. And the commitment to Pod Casts... Maybe that's the reason.

Nah....

... well, i am so surprised ^^ :D :rolleyes:... no, really.... i like surprises (but only the good ones lol) :). SURPRISE US CRYPTIC :P...

I can only equate it to is who would you want flying an F15 into combat?

An experienced airforce pilot with thousands of flight hours???

Or

The engineer who designed and built the F15? ?

The engineer might be a fair pilot but never would you chose him over the experienced Airforce combat pilot who is proficient in tactics, maneuvers and teamwork.

lol, right :-D. though a squadron of those engies may become a threat to a single pilot. or imagine it like them all in f15, fighting a squadron of supper bosted learjets lol :-)....
  • jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still think the devs think PvP is "Make - Believe".

They are too concentrated on getting new content out quarter after quarter.

I'd Challenge them to a Far simpler scenario, an hour and a half of simple PvP QA with 2 members of the Dev Team who come up with Ship design/layouts (As an Example).

They should know more about the in's and outs of the game... again this is a pipe dream.

But if they did this where we could say as a whole in a community what needs fixing, what would be a good idea to look at etc... maybe they'd listen...if we could keep the trolls at bay of course.

I hardly think 1.5 hours is a huge amount of their time, and then say hey come by again tomorrow and we will show you this OP items etc.... or even show them there and then...

alas....they don't care as PvP doesn't make money...

But thats my Challenge to the devs, Askray if your watching, send a message up saying, "I noticed this thread, check out this post" or whoever....

(Disclaimer: I am aware Community Forum mods have no power and are basically unpaid whipping boys.....no offence).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
    edited July 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    I still think the devs think PvP is "Make - Believe".

They are too concentrated on getting new content out quarter after quarter.

I'd Challenge them to a Far simpler scenario, an hour and a half of simple PvP QA with 2 members of the Dev Team who come up with Ship design/layouts (As an Example).

They should know more about the in's and outs of the game... again this is a pipe dream.

But if they did this where we could say as a whole in a community what needs fixing, what would be a good idea to look at etc... maybe they'd listen...if we could keep the trolls at bay of course.

I hardly think 1.5 hours is a huge amount of their time, and then say hey come by again tomorrow and we will show you this OP items etc.... or even show them there and then...

alas....they don't care as PvP doesn't make money...

But thats my Challenge to the devs, Askray if your watching, send a message up saying, "I noticed this thread, check out this post" or whoever....

(Disclaimer: I am aware Community Forum mods have no power and are basically unpaid whipping boys.....no offence).

thread gifted, u can have it :D;)... really nice idea indeed (if it comes to happen or not). if there ever would be such a meeting i'd say may like elect some certain members out of the pvp-community to partake. another possibility may would be to just take the tops out of mancoms ranking. or may they even already know whome they would want for such a meeting (some just stand out in terms of knowledge and/or skill. i'm out by then and happy about :)), no idea.
    edited July 2014
    meeh, gonna take it back.... a certain lead-dev kinda asks for maintaining this threads' spirit my way :D...
    so i call ya again, damn policy-regime! come out of the shadows, reveal your spiritual being and get slaughtered virtually instantly by a lot of people :D :mad:

...or just give some devs the spirit to accept a simple fun-challenge ;)...
    edited August 2014
    ...let's do it classic style in a bo-duell :D :mad:
    edited August 2014
    ....won't rhyme in here. this is no place for rhymes! this place only wants to see bare, polished dhc-barrels and a shade of cc!

come out of the matrix, take the red one :D

edit:

this
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    *very good idea from someone way more calm and smart than me*
    kinda screams "governance" lol. goverance is modern, cryptic. governance is good. hierachical structures are ineffecient and ressource-wasting :D...
    though "good-governance" (whatever that may be) is hard to achieve. and sometimes certain progresses, people or regimes make it even harder to achieve :rolleyes:.
    any modern-thinking lead-dev out there lol?
    edited August 2014
    hmm.... no response yet. no one out of the team got over here to may stand and fight for their policies.

get in touch with virtual reality lol :D... C'MON, TAKE THE CHALLENGE. and before one comes to the idea this is trolling: it's not! definetly not! i want to fight them and i want them to fight!

so the question remains if this challenge ever will be taken. i don't think so, but imo it's worth to find out :).
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *smacks wast* stop bumping the thread.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure we could find a ground pvper for the devs to pvp, but I think they would be better of with a space pvper. This is one match I would like to see. Five devs vs one space pvper.
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    *smacks wast* stop bumping the thread.

dear askray: how am i supposed to keep my challenge up, if not by keeping it up?

but ok... i not bumpin it right now in that sense... i talk about the planned aoe subnuc that just gives me another reason to want to see someone goin down in virtual flames...

AND I WANT THEM TO FIGHT! AS WE FOUGHT FOR YEARS AND STILL ARE, though we never had a chance from the start lol.

PEWPEWPEW... GIVE US DAT MATCH...
    edited September 2014
    They don't PvP.

Hell they don't even strive for damage like the DPS crowd.

All they want to do is squeeze as much money out of us as possible and if that kills PvP in the process well they couldn't care less.

i know they hardly, if at all, pvp. just one reason more to keep it up imo ;)... nothing to say 'bout those other points.
  • alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    i know they hardly, if at all, pvp. just one reason more to keep it up imo ;)... nothing to say 'bout those other points.

Based on how broken some of the stuff they release is when used in pvp it seems they don't know how pvp works at all (black hole console anyone). As far as they are concerned it seems slapping the spacebar should be enough to do anything in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In my prior online game the CEO of the company got involved in-the-game attacking ships. So why just stop with the DEV? CEO or VIP whoever wants to get in and help their players in PVE or PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!