test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One Shuttle Build To Pwn Them All

longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
Because the Fleet Alert turned into a Shuttle Event works out so nicely in terms of fun AND Marks gain I would like to ask for input how to best set up a shuttle!

I am not sure if I should use two Beam Arrays, one beam, one torpedo e.g..

I favor To'Duj/Peregrine and the Voth Heavy Fighter at the moment, what do you use for this event?
Post edited by longasc on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best ship for shuttle combat is this:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dfgvcsdfbzbcfdcg_0

Fill in the blanks as you see fit.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited May 2014
    sorry, double post.
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best ship for shuttle combat is this:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dfgvcsdfbzbcfdcg_0

Fill in the blanks as you see fit.

No offense, but that is a garbage of a build.

Fit 2x beam arrays, faw, that's all.;)
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »

Now that's a garbage build. Fit missiles with torp spread that's all ;)
    edited May 2014
    noblet wrote: »

Lol, and miss out on the chance to have 15 weapon power, 125 shield power (which gives massive shield regen), and the ability to kill waves of fighters in one pass with torp spread (especially if the grav torp procs a grav well)?
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Point Defense Console adds a third weapon to shuttles, albeit one that fires every four minutes... Still cool.
    y1arXbh.png

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    longasc wrote: »
    Because the Fleet Alert turned into a Shuttle Event works out so nicely in terms of fun AND Marks gain I would like to ask for input how to best set up a shuttle!

I favor To'Duj/Peregrine and the Voth Heavy Fighter at the moment, what do you use for this event?

I have a range of shuttles on a number of toons that will be taking part.

My Fed sci-guy will be enjoying his tricked out Aeon, I'm pretty sure my Ferengi will take her shuttle out, I like the idea of a Talkyr concentrating on the freighter in NWS, and I have a Reman who's never really had fun in his Scorpion.

Spoiled for choice really, but I have flown that Aeon before and its a beast.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here's my Delta Flyer build
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On a Tholian Widow, will work with most ships:

3pc Singularity Harness set, 4pc Solenae set, Isometric charge. Works quite well.

The one Boff seat I generally have set with Hazard Emitters. The Metaphasic shield helps if things get heavy, and the structural integrity leech is an odd but nice source of repairs,

Big problem with BFAW, you draw so much aggro you probably get vaped quickly.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For my fed and FedRom i use the Peregrine Fighter,

Quads from Thunderchild Akira, (yes they fit) The peregrine has inbuilt focused cannon fire console thing.
    Yellowstone engines with the plasma ejection to slow and disable enemy ships.
    Voth Gravity photons.
    x2 surface tension tac consoles which give not only phaser boosts to the quads but big boosts to the photons too.
    And a MK XII warp core with engine and weapon power procs.

it works for me pew pew.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you can, stuff on a Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo. Everything else is just gravy.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2014
    I found my 2x Beam or DBB Builds lacking punch even with 2 Tac Console Fighters like the To'Duj or Widow and Beam Overload.

I tried 2 Torp and 2 Beam and 1 Torp 1 Beam builds so far, I will post something later today about my impressions.

Keep it going, great info so far.

P.S. I have trouble to aim with 45° degree weapons, tried Dual Cannons before the Shuttle Event, was awkward!

P.P.S. I used 2 pieces Undine and 2 pieces KHG fror Disruptor Boost and +25% torpedo damage on the 1 Beam 1 Torp Build, and 3x Torpedo Recharge Doffs.
  • anyone#9933 anyone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm using this with 3x 20% chance of 5 second torpedo reduction boff and the 10% chance to confuse on torpedo trait:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=karashuttle_0

I must say, I die often enough cause of agro. The dmg due to the cooldown chance reduction is amazing, I fire a torpedo every 1~3 seconds but most of the time they fire constantly.

I run with 100 shield power and the rest into engines for fly-by-shooting.
    edited May 2014
    Just tried the Quad DHC and the Proton Experimental Weapon (had that equipped on this char's rather unused shuttle to "store" them) and it was really fun, you actually DO damage when hitting things. Might try a 2x DHC build again, was quite encouraging.
    edited May 2014
    inmydot wrote: »
    I'm using this with 3x 20% chance of 5 second torpedo reduction boff and the 10% chance to confuse on torpedo trait:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=karashuttle_0

I must say, I die often enough cause of agro. The dmg due to the cooldown chance reduction is amazing, I fire a torpedo every 1~3 seconds but most of the time they fire constantly.

I run with 100 shield power and the rest into engines for fly-by-shooting.

Yeah, wish the Gravimetric torp had 6 instead of 8 seconds recharge, would make things even better. Used a very similar setup yesterday.

If you forego Borg regeneration you can get 2x Undine set bonus and gain extra photon and radiation damage, maybe you would like that.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, wish the Gravimetric torp had 6 instead of 8 seconds recharge, would make things even better. Used a very similar setup yesterday.

If you forego Borg regeneration you can get 2x Undine set bonus and gain extra photon and radiation damage, maybe you would like that.

Where does that radiation/photon come from? I currently have that from my console.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aecton Assimilators, the Assimilated Set, the full Dyson Set, all fun things for Shuttles.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Aecton Assimilators, the Assimilated Set, the full Dyson Set, all fun things for Shuttles.

The breen cluster torpedo and Harpeng work very well.

When i did a shuttle run for the missions i had it with the JH set, polaron shuttle beam array from mission and 1 harpeng for extra punch.

Indoors it can be benefitial to use the Obelisk warpcore and omni beam array, combined with KCB/assimilated console.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • slyism3003slyism3003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been trying it with the 360 AP beam, Obiesk warp core, Assimilated set and a quantum torpedo for kick.

May go with Adapted MACO or the Mk XII Jem'Hadar set. Assimilated is only Mk XI but actually is fun to use. Can't go wrong with a tractor beam! :D

VADM Malinda Leisha Ketchem, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Orlando
    edited May 2014
    I'm curious how a full borg setup would do...assimilated set for tractor beam and kinetic cutting beam with torp and console along with it
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the small craft I put together. I am not saying it's perfect but it works for me.

Ship - Voth Heavy Fighter

Weapons
    Advanced Fleet Antiproton dual beams with [ACC]x2 [DMG]x2 (Heavy fighter won't take DHC)
    Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam

Assimilated Deflector Array (omega rep)
    Assimilated Subtranswarp Engine (omega rep)
    Elite Fleet Plasma Integrated Warp Cores with [W->S],[AMP]
    Dyson Regenerative Shield Array (dyson rep)

Consoles:
    Tachyokinetic Converter Console (lobi store)
    Spatial Charge Launcher
    Tactical Vulnerability Exploiter [+Beams] (fleet)

Device - Red Matter Capacitor (this is on as soon as it's cool down allows me to start it)

Rare Male Romulan Tactical Officer

It's a durable ship with a little kick. The Spacial Charge Lancher is good in this event because you can reduce a large target ship's health from a third to a half. It's 4 minute cool down means you may only use it twice, but it's helpful

Now I just have to learn how to stay out of the way of exploding ships. I usually fly a Vesta, and now i know what my fighters feel like.
  • galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=tetfighter_0

That's what I'm using right now. Yeah, it could be optimized some, specifically the missile launcher could be swapped for elite photons or somesuch, I just love the visuals on a fighter.

What makes this effective is that it stacks a few Tetryon boosts and Tetryon abilities. The Nukara 3 piece looks like a damn death ray and is about as effective.
    edited May 2014
    inmydot wrote: »
    Where does that radiation/photon come from? I currently have that from my console.

It's the 2 set bonus from the 4 part Undine ship set, Engine, Deflector, Shield and Warpcore e.g.. Two Biomolecular Torps and ideally the Enhanced Biomolecular Torp work very nicely with that.
    edited May 2014
    It's quite fascinating that the set bonuses combine a lot better than for capital ships, especially torpedoes work a lot better.

I wonder a bit about the Ferengi Missiles, I remember I used them once on shuttles before but are they not quite redundant if you have 3x Torp DOffs and already fast firing/recharging Photon Torpedoes?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014

My Kestrel Runabout on my Rom, although I'm considering changing over to my Yellowstone. 2 Romplas DBBs, my D'deridex's Beam Overload 1 boff with Subterfuge and SRO, and my Borg deflector, Borg engine, and Jem'Hadar shield (because I haven't hit T5 Omega yet on that char).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited May 2014
    http://imgur.com/XzEotq3

That's what I use right now.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://imgur.com/XzEotq3

That's what I use right now.

AFAIK, you cannot use the Nimbus Distress call while flying a shuttle.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited May 2014
    Just removed it, somehow it got in the place of a shield battery.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The 2 major mistake most ppl are making at this stage:

1. Using low arc weapons.
    Low arc weapons like DBB doesn't work. It doesn't matter if your shuttle can turn, so can other shuttles. They'll slip out of arc, and you'll parse far lower dps than beam arrays with faw.

2. Using torps with torp spread.
    Torp ability uptime is TRIBBLE - as in one shot. A spread may feel powerful as it delivers instant kills, but in the gaps you're stuck with torps. Over course of the match, you'll parse far lower dps with far fewer kills.

Frankly, rationales don't matter. The results are what they are, parse yourself and you'll see. 2x beam arrays parse the highest dps and most kills. Does it matter why?;)
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just removed it, somehow it got in the place of a shield battery.

Welcome to the wonderful loadouts system. a feature i never plan to use, yet it reeks havoc on your device slots >.<