test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (6AM - 10AM May 29, 2014) [COMLETED]

Comments

• mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rustychat wrote: »
    Wait, really? Huh. Guess we should switch to using beatings to communicate :P

I'd subscribe to this idea. There would be no mistaking what someone's intentions are, then.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yet again as every week we need to do mantaince why is it allways during the day oh that's when we go to work oh what about that down time during the lobi event oh what down time sorry we don't know what your talking about bah 4 years of the same TRIBBLE its getting old now.:mad:
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmm always wondered why they don't do these maintenances during the dead of the night...instead of middle of the morning..
    As it's been stated before - pretty much is a combination of lowest player population times and it's close to when the Dev team normally arrives just in case something really bad explodes.

As for the downtime length.... Well my bed is comfy and I'm not moving yay to smartphones hehe
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Again no Fix for the Power tray? :( well maybe next week.
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The problem is when you use that weekly maintenance time to do, nothing? . Because thats what cryptic is doing week after week.

I know you like nothing better than complaining about this game, but you should at least base your complaints on reality on occasion. The last time the weekly maintenance was just server stability stuff was before S9.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question . what does stability updates actually mean? Which stability in what? Does it mean that the sever is getting some updates/upgrades?
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just hope the patchless patch doesn't interrupt the shuttle event!

SHUTTLES!!!!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • chillor1988chillor1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sometimes I belive STO would need a real (open) bugtracker...
    That way we could at least see

a) when the bug was recognized
    b) which priority is given to it
    c) if someone is working on it

(assuming the devs would use it)

The way it is right now isn't good for the COMA (COmmunity MAnager), the devs and us players

- The coma has to "excuse" because the bugs are not getting fixed
    - The devs maybe don't get all available informations about some bugs (because the informations get lost on the way)
    - We players are disappointed (to say it politely) because there are bugs in the game which were mentioned by moses while leaving egypt...
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like the bug tracker idea... As a player I would help in any way I could to provide pertinent information on the issues... and be happy to see any progress in it's resolution
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know you like nothing better than complaining about this game, but you should at least base your complaints on reality on occasion. The last time the weekly maintenance was just server stability stuff was before S9.

And you should think before you say stupid things. Do you really thing that they dont do server stability stuff every week in the weekly patch?? What else will they do?? :confused: that was my point... :D
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    -The world, in general don't work with words, it works with $.

Heres the deal, they have to upgrade to fix the game, they dont need to tell us what they are doing "per say" when doing these server stability updates. It would be a bunch o TRIBBLE the majority of us wouldn't even understand. People will whine and cry even if they fixed everything. Because then there would be people whining about the foundry working right or something.

What i assume is, they are handing out the account bans for people who are making the dilithium price go where it is going.

Right now, the game is Macroble, and the foundry is broke ( in the good way ) again. These are two things, they WILL NOT address due to one being thier fault ( i swear its to pump dilithium into the economy and they do it every seasonal launch) And one being a massive ToS violation.

If i am correct about this, you will see the dilithum exchange price DROP if they fix it.

I heard a rumor and it could be just that, there is an idiot using a macro on 30 accounts putting 380k dilithium on 5 toons at a time in one click.

If this is true and Cryptic knows it now, there is going to be patch notes like this.... Also i guarentee it, next thursday loadouts will be fixed.

Why? Because they "broke" them to see how the community would react, if thier new option was something players like enough to use it, and cry about it if its broke.... to get the right statistical information, it needs to be broke for the better part of a month.

Then again, it could be just to feed the hamsters.
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    I just hope the patchless patch doesn't interrupt the shuttle event!

SHUTTLES!!!!
    Thats why I plan in logging in, Want to mess around in my shuttle. I log in only when something unusual seems to be going on. This fits the bill. Besides, My LTS Stipend should be in I want to buy some more keys to open more boxes that will likely only have "Duty Officers" in it, I've only gotten 1 ship so far out of about 50 boxes.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kheldryn wrote: »
    Thats why I plan in logging in, Want to mess around in my shuttle. I log in only when something unusual seems to be going on. This fits the bill. Besides, My LTS Stipend should be in I want to buy some more keys to open more boxes that will likely only have "Duty Officers" in it, I've only gotten 1 ship so far out of about 50 boxes.

1 ship... that's pretty good... unless it was a mirror
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HA! 50 lockboxes and i only got one ship........... i am 800+ in, buddy, without getting one.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2014
    emt27 wrote: »
    1 ship... that's pretty good... unless it was a mirror

Could always be commissioned as the USS Looking Glass.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I downloaded this game to play it not be booted every five days or so for maintenance. Fix the issues and be done with it already. This TRIBBLE really sucks :mad:. If you people keep this up your going to lose and avid player. Get your TRIBBLE in order!!!!!

Dude. Calm. Down. Every MMO is like this.

Have some Baconcat while you wait.

I agree on the calm down part (sometimes its hard, but calm usually is good) but strongly disagree on the every MMO is like this part. Yes, all have occasional issues but the magnitude in which STO piles those up, let it be for long time no fix and is in (public) denial about is unrivaled.
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    are we there yet?

wait. its 4 hours? it means there still another hour to ETA finish time? duh! :(
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this patch done by 10:00 hours.

Do you mind a little advice? STO captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.

Yeah, well, I told the Captains I'd have this patch done in 4 hour.

How long will it really take?

4 hour!

Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?

Well, of course I did.

Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.
  • borganthborganth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I downloaded this game to play it not be booted every five days or so for maintenance. Fix the issues and be done with it already. This TRIBBLE really sucks :mad:. If you people keep this up your going to lose and avid player. Get your TRIBBLE in order!!!!!

Name one single MMO that doesn't have a weekly server maintenance. Unbunch your panties and go upstairs from your mother's basement and go sit under that bright, warm ball of fire in the sky that some call the Sun. Grab a book and read.
  • borganthborganth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree on the calm down part (sometimes its hard, but calm usually is good) but strongly disagree on the every MMO is like this part. Yes, all have occasional issues but the magnitude in which STO piles those up, let it be for long time no fix and is in (public) denial about is unrivaled.

Every MMO is like this...and I've played almost all of them. Eve, EQI+II, SWG, SWToR, DDO, LoTR, WoW, Dragon's Prophet, Rift, Tera ......
  • mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    borganth wrote: »
    Name one single MMO that doesn't have a weekly server maintenance.

Warthunder
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Note: He said MMO. As in, massively multiplayer online. Warthunder is a OMCG. As in, online multiplayer combat game. (per their own website, and wikipedia).
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,527 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Woah, finally able to log in at least... Was locked out of logging into the forums earlier...

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    -The world, in general don't work with words, it works with $.

Heres the deal, they have to upgrade to fix the game, they dont need to tell us what they are doing "per say" when doing these server stability updates. It would be a bunch o TRIBBLE the majority of us wouldn't even understand. People will whine and cry even if they fixed everything. Because then there would be people whining about the foundry working right or something.

What i assume is, they are handing out the account bans for people who are making the dilithium price go where it is going.

Right now, the game is Macroble, and the foundry is broke ( in the good way ) again. These are two things, they WILL NOT address due to one being thier fault ( i swear its to pump dilithium into the economy and they do it every seasonal launch) And one being a massive ToS violation.

If i am correct about this, you will see the dilithum exchange price DROP if they fix it.

I heard a rumor and it could be just that, there is an idiot using a macro on 30 accounts putting 380k dilithium on 5 toons at a time in one click.

If this is true and Cryptic knows it now, there is going to be patch notes like this.... Also i guarentee it, next thursday loadouts will be fixed.

Why? Because they "broke" them to see how the community would react, if thier new option was something players like enough to use it, and cry about it if its broke.... to get the right statistical information, it needs to be broke for the better part of a month.

Then again, it could be just to feed the hamsters.

If you think dil/zen is high here step into Neverwinter, its over 400 Astral Diamonds per Zen
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This week's maintenance will be a longer downtime as we are doing extra work on the servers at our service center.

We hope this will help with recent issues and unexpected outages.

As far as this thread is concerned, things got real ugly real quick, and that is a shame.

We have protocols we are expected to follow each week with maintenance, and we will continue to do so. This week doesn't have a list of issues being fixed with this maintenance, but we will continue to monitor the Bug Reports and Forum posts and reply accordingly.

Thanks for your patience everyone, please keep on track with this discussion thread and refrain from Flaming/Trolling.

~CaptainSmirk

While server stability might seem like an acceptable answer as far as patch notes go to some, others find it infuriating. The first line of your post here should have been in both the patch notes as well as the op of this thread.

Things get ugly because a lot of the time when you do "server stability" there's a patch that ends up going along with it, with nothing besides that in the patch notes which leads people to believe that there was more than meets the eye i.e. stealth nerfs, and that the server ends up being less stable than what it was PRIOR TO THE MAINTENANCE.

Several people also noted the removal of the known issues list that went along with the patch notes, this is also frustrating for players since all of these bugs still exist to players but removing them and the known issues list entirely, gives the appearance that the developers consider them to be a non issue.

Just some things to keep in mind:

Elaborate on "server stability" - a lot of players evidenced by this thread are tired of hearing that term and infact draw negative connotations when that terminology is used.

Stop stealth nerfing/changing things - players want to know everything that is going on with the game, regardless of how trivial it may be.

Always have a known issues list - players want to know that the developers know about their issues and are working to resolve them, even if the resolution does not come in this specific patch.
    edited May 2014
    milestfox wrote: »
    Note: He said MMO. As in, massively multiplayer online. Warthunder is a OMCG. As in, online multiplayer combat game. (per their own website).

i know... I was just seeing if anyone would point that out , considering all the P*** and vinigar i have been seeing on hthis thread today. i needed a giggle lol :)
  • kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    for those on the east coast game will be up at 1PM i hate waiting it must be a big patch that is hidden the shard maintenance
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    borganth wrote: »
    Every MMO is like this...and I've played almost all of them. Eve, EQI+II, SWG, SWToR, DDO, LoTR, WoW, Dragon's Prophet, Rift, Tera ......

Hmm? Ops, my bad. Was talking about accumulative issues. Upon re-reading it was just about maintenance downtimes. Just talking that I would lean out of the window and say that STO is even one of the better examples.
    edited May 2014
    kangsin wrote: »
    for those on the east coast game will be up at 1PM i hate waiting it must be a big patch that is hidden the shard maintenance

yeah the patch is immence.. a whopping 48mb (no joke either)
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It patched so fast I couldn't see how big it was.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
This discussion has been closed.