test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you change

holycritbatmanholycritbatman Member Posts: 12
Hello all,

I don't know about the rest of you but i was very disappointed with season 9, i was excepting/hoping they would have fixed alot of thing that they didn't fix or improve what they should have. I feel like this game is dying because some of the major issues are being over looked and not getting enough attention from the dev teams. i understand they want to make more money with new lock boxs and adding reps and holdings cause most people are lazy and just buy zen and make it into dil for the reputation gear and fleet gear from spire, starbase and mines. but if you keep iqnoring the major issues and upsetting your customers and they all leave how much money will you make then?

But maybe its just me, i would like to hear from the community on their thoughts on what you would like to see changed/fixed/improved in STO.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think you can find most of your responses and replies in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1128711 ("What would you remove?")

For the record, I don't think the game is dying and what we are probably encountering are reactions to the Dev team not working as quickly or on things that particular individuals want. It'll change from person to person.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I feel like this game is dying because some of the major issues are being over looked and not getting enough attention from the dev teams.

Dying for 4 years now ... keep dying STO ... !! *sarcasm* !!
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dying for 4 years now ... keep dying STO ...

Indeed.

I mean, it's not *really* dying. It's already dead, you just can't tell it's a vampire under all the spray-on tan and sunscreen.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dying for 4 years now ... keep dying STO ...

Not 4 , but its a fact, the game is dying since 1 year ago. It is a truly unhappy reality. :(
    edited May 2014
    Not 4 , but its a fact, the game is dying since 1 year ago. It is a truly unhappy reality. :(

So "Season 4 - Crossfire" was just fine, then ?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So "Season 4 - Crossfire" was just fine, then ?

I dont have a clue. lol, i started playing about 1,4 years ago. But after everything i saw already.. im not talking about the content of the game, im talking about the QUALITY of the game in general. Only seeing the quantity of bugs increasing exponentially in the last year, without even being fixed, that is a direct proof of a dying game. Bugs keep adding month after month, the list is already huge, and cryptic doesnt showed any interest in fixing em, so , it will be a moment that eventually, the game will do "boom!" lol. :P and that was before the new fps lag problem appeared. In fact a lot of people already left the game because of that. And since things are going to be even worst.. do the maths.
  • holycritbatmanholycritbatman Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2014
    seasons 4 - 6 i was happy i had very few complaints, but since then its been only getting worse it seems. they really need to step it up and start fixing more important issues. not adding more reps and holding and more factions. they should have finished the KDF before even thinking about romulans.
    edited May 2014
    seasons 4 - 6 i was happy i had very few complaints

Congrats, you were the only one :P
    I dont have a clue. lol, i started playing about 1,4 years ago.

QFT
    edited May 2014
    back in those days, there were a huge amount of players you could go into a que and wait a few seconds. now you can be in a que for 20 - 30 minutes sometimes depending on the event. the quality of the game has gone down alot.

if you were not happy all thease seasons why you still playing? this game use to be alot better and its gotton all about reps and holdings and grinding all day. before it was along more enjoyable then it is now. i keep playing mainly for the social aspect of things and that i have some hope that they will eventually get their TRIBBLE togeather and fix the game.
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My opinion is quite simple. There are a number of reasons I have not been so interested recently in playing. First off, with the in game economy getting out of whack, my interest is been limited because I am a merchant player.

There also seems to be a huge number of various bugs that have been unresolved. Combine that with the Rep Nerfs, the price of Dilthium and the lack of interesting content.

What really made me start to believe STO has jumped the shark is when they put laser beams on dinosaurs heads. Beyond ridiculous.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
    edited May 2014
    vamank wrote: »
    What really made me start to believe STO has jumped the shark is when they put laser beams on dinosaurs heads. Beyond ridiculous.

yeah that really is ridiculous, not really star trek what so ever
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Season 09 - That "F" up way they instituted the Kit system, GREAT if you are VA, but at lower ranks its a pain finding what you need without pay up the ying yang in both dilithium pricing and EC.

It is a horrible system really has no customization as it has you to believe, it is a sly way of monopolizing on yet another Dilithium sink. Its obscured in description for the novice player, and finding decent modules without the "D" price is a burden.

Thumbs down on the new kit system, it really is a disappointment, I wish there was really true freedom and costumization with it, where you can place other profession skills into them, yet they assign slots to certain functions.

They have yet to get rid of the combat supply skill, that a freak'n useless skill, why is it even in the game to begin with.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    back in those days, there were a huge amount of players you could go into a que and wait a few seconds. now you can be in a que for 20 - 30 minutes sometimes depending on the event. the quality of the game has gone down alot.

if you were not happy all thease seasons why you still playing? this game use to be alot better and its gotton all about reps and holdings and grinding all day. before it was along more enjoyable then it is now. i keep playing mainly for the social aspect of things and that i have some hope that they will eventually get their TRIBBLE togeather and fix the game.
    So what did we do in the game before the Rep System and Holdings were introduced? Let us think about this....

Oh, yeah! I remember! We ground the same STFs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over hoping to get an equipment drop. And when we were tired of doing the same STFs we replayed older missions over and over and over and over and over and over.

You are not remembering things as they ever were. This game has never had enough content and we have always spent our time grinding - whether for Marks pre-FTP or Dilithium afterwards - doing the same things over and over has been the norm since Launch.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2014
    back in those days, there were a huge amount of players you could go into a que and wait a few seconds

Hahahaha yeah sure ... that's probably why I was sitting for +30min on my Bridge waiting, back in those days ... and besides there were only 5 Queues to choose from ... guess it was because of the "huge amount of players" they went F2P ...
    if you were not happy all thease seasons why you still playing?

I'm playing as long as I'm happy ... if I'm unhappy I take a break (revolutionary concept) ... not really the point, though ... disliking lot's of decision/stuff they're making etc ... but claiming it was never "as bad" as now, is just delusional ... besides only unhappy with SOME Seasons -> S4 being the worst ... and nobody would really argue about that, except maybe you ...
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah that really is ridiculous, not really star trek what so ever

I know, right? Lizards with weapons, even Gorn laugh at such a silly idea. Er....wait a second...uh...

Goofy? Sure. "Not Trek?" BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    This game has never had enough content and we have always spent our time grinding - whether for Marks pre-FTP or Dilithium afterwards - doing the same things over and over has been the norm since Launch.

But apparently it was much more fun things, with humongous rewards and no boredom. At least, the "Why were we cast out of P2P Eden" faction would have us believe so. ;)
    edited May 2014
    yeah there was still grinding, but it was alot more enjoyable at least for me it was, the amount of active players was 5x what it is now. its not always about the content. fleets are less n less active doing less togeather back then fleets had alot more active people in them and there was alot more group stuff we would do togeather i use to enjoy being in fleets and doing things, now not so much

but you got to admit farming chips for gear was alot more interesting then farming marks and dill day.
    edited May 2014
    fleets are less n less active doing less togeather back then fleets had alot more active people in them and there was alot more group stuff we would do togeather i use to enjoy being in fleets and doing things, now not so much

Fleets were more active from Season 4-6 ? ... do you really believe this, or are you just trolling ... you know before Season 6, when there was no Fleet Stuff ...

I can understand praising Season 1-3 (doing that myself) but 4-6 ?? (drugs are bad m'kay)
    edited May 2014
    yeah there was still grinding, but it was alot more enjoyable at least for me it was, the amount of active players was 5x what it is now. its not always about the content. fleets are less n less active doing less togeather back then fleets had alot more active people in them and there was alot more group stuff we would do togeather i use to enjoy being in fleets and doing things, now not so much

but you got to admit farming chips for gear was alot more interesting then farming marks and dill day.
    The amount of players has not changed. What they want to do in the game HAS changed, though. Now, due to Dilithium rewards, it is about play efficiency. Why do X content and take 30 minutes when I can do Y content in 15 minutes and get he same reward? The players have gravitated to the quicker content.

And no, I will not admit that grinding and hoping to get all the Set Pieces was preferable to simply playing and buying them. I did some STFs dozens of times and never got all the pieces. That royally sucked.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2014
    there were still fleets, there may not have been starbases to throw TRIBBLE into, but in my own experiences yes when i first started playing things were ALOT more active then they are now.

people are leaving the game left and right it is not what it use to be
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So what did we do in the game before the Rep System and Holdings were introduced? Let us think about this....

Oh, yeah! I remember! We ground the same STFs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over hoping to get an equipment drop. And when we were tired of doing the same STFs we replayed older missions over and over and over and over and over and over.

You are not remembering things as they ever were. This game has never had enough content and we have always spent our time grinding - whether for Marks pre-FTP or Dilithium afterwards - doing the same things over and over has been the norm since Launch.
    True, I've been here since beta and that sums up how we got gear. Though its not so much that we didn't have enough content, its more of how easy it was to get through that content. Even now if I had the time I could likely still get a fresh character to VA in 2-3 weeks, where in many other MMO's it could take months.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
    edited May 2014
    people are leaving the game left and right it is not what it use to be
    Of course. You are dissatisfied with the game so that means everyone is, so we should fear-monger our way across the forum. :)
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, first I would remove the troll items... disco balls, party poopers.

Than put the lobi store items into the C-store. Maybe lockboxes could give a little zen instead of lobi (10-30 per box?)

I would also give all weapon types and abilities some better treatment.

Adding beam and torpedo turrets with 360 degrees arcs
    Putting single cannons, beam arrays and torp launchers at the same arcs (180? 250?)
    Giving dual cannons and dual torpedo launchers the same arcs as Dual beam banks , 90 degrees
    Adding dual heavy beam banks and torpedo launchers, at 45 degrees.
    Adding Quad cannons of other energy type flavours.

Maybe nerf FAW down a bit, making it similar to Scatter volley.

I may also nerf the Technician doffs, and add SRO to KDF/FEds, and add a Cstore Leech to the Fedside.

Allow Romulans to get Warp cores, which would disable their singularity powers, but raise powerlevels.

Oh, and most important of all. Add female gorn/Nausicaan/Letheans. Just as an option, they don't have to even have TRIBBLE, could be something else like different spot/ridge patterns.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2014

People Are Leaving The Game Left And Right It Is Not What It Use To Be

Doooooommmm!!!!!
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually I quite enjoy the old system, the sheer randomness of getting a piece of equipment, despite the challenge of the drop, was far better than the rep system we have now. In truth I missed the 3hr long STFs where everyone hunted for the Borg set, but that was an ancient system worthy of the P2P model.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasoning behind the new rep system, and at first, like most of the veteran players, I was against it. If anything, I am more annoyed with the time gated issue in the new rep system, they should have left it untouched, or not severely change it to the degree it is now. However; in its defense, its easier to acquire end game items, great for the novice player and the super casual.

STO at its heart is for the casual gamer and the novice crowd.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The amount of players has not changed.

To be fair, the above statement is about as accurate as saying players are leaving in droves.

Either position, without hard numbers from Cryptic, is based on personal perceptions.

I can't speak to numbers in game, none of us can, but I have noticed a steep decline in forum posts.

One could speculate as to its cause, but why bother?

It's not like Cryptic care about the fora, or that they respect the opinions expressed here.

And maybe, thats the issue.

I've said it before, the worst thing that can happen is that the fora slow down to a crawl and people stop complaining.

That signifies people just not caring anymore.

And the game is healthier if people care.
  • slayed13slayed13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i would like to see them move the level 45 rank(**) boost to level 50 and level 50 rank(***) boost to level 60, and add level 70 rank(****) boost, because if y'all noticed most of the Admarls have a 5 *'s on there callers. i would also like to see the ablity to retrofit ower older ships insteed of byeing new ships by upgradeing the ship you like the design of to the next level, like adding weapon, item, consol slots. and sense you can get a shuttle at the start why not upgrade them at every 10 levels, who would not love to take out that fraking Tal'shar Warbird it the Vault. i would also like to see quest that let you capture enemy ships, and that could be away for them to make money, by adding a captured ship collems one for ships and one for shuttles you could start with 3 captured ship slots and they could add to the zen market captured ship slots, but if you unlock a ship for one of the other groups you still have to go on the mission to capture it, but if you unlock a ship each charator should get a free captured enemy ship slot if it is an enemy to them. for Romulan ships they would be Tal'shar ships not Romulen Republic ships. what FED would not like to go in to battle with a Warbird or fallow in Kirk's foot steps by flying around in a Bird of Pray. :)
    edited May 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Actually I quite enjoy the old system, the sheer randomness of getting a piece of equipment, despite the challenge of the drop, was far better than the rep system we have now. In truth I missed the 3hr long STFs where everyone hunted for the Borg set, but that was an ancient system worthy of the P2P model.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasoning behind the new rep system, and at first, like most of the veteran players, I was against it. If anything, I am more annoyed with the time gated issue in the new rep system, they should have left it untouched, or not severely change it to the degree it is now. However; in its defense, its easier to acquire end game items, great for the novice player and the super casual.

STO at its heart is for the casual gamer and the novice crowd.

as do i, i found it to be ALOT more enjoyable then the current system for gear, and as you said i can see why they did it, but there are many better ways they could have gone about it.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Honestly, first I would remove the troll items... disco balls, party poopers.

Than put the lobi store items into the C-store. Maybe lockboxes could give a little zen instead of lobi (10-30 per box?)

I would also give all weapon types and abilities some better treatment.

Adding beam and torpedo turrets with 360 degrees arcs
    Putting single cannons, beam arrays and torp launchers at the same arcs (180? 250?)
    Giving dual cannons and dual torpedo launchers the same arcs as Dual beam banks , 90 degrees
    Adding dual heavy beam banks and torpedo launchers, at 45 degrees.
    Adding Quad cannons of other energy type flavours.

Maybe nerf FAW down a bit, making it similar to Scatter volley.

I may also nerf the Technician doffs, and add SRO to KDF/FEds, and add a Cstore Leech to the Fedside.

Allow Romulans to get Warp cores, which would disable their singularity powers, but raise powerlevels.

Oh, and most important of all. Add female gorn/Nausicaan/Letheans. Just as an option, they don't have to even have TRIBBLE, could be something else like different spot/ridge patterns.

In bold addressing this 1 at a time.

1. Yes to more 360 arrays, no to 360 torp turrets.
    2. No on dual cannons getting 90 deg arcs, and what dual torps are you talking about here?
    3. Just no.
    4. If that did happen, probably a c-store or lobi item.

Sorry don't really need bigger weapons.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ill catch heat for this always do in threads that are populated by feddy bears. but anyways here it goes

I did like the old omega system better than what we have now. as far as balance went you could go into a mission 1 day after lvl 50 and come out with top of the line or it might take 100 runs to get it. so it was not unfair to new players or old players it hated us all . I oh how I miss it. having to play certine missions to get the proper pieces to drop ( and probably the problem many had is they didn't know that) having to do ground missions to get ground gear makes sence , sure they could probably tweaked it a bit maybe even added in the marks we have now so we could still buy the things if we needed too. but left the random drops in just incase we got lucky.

all the complaints about the traits from rep being changed, I think all the rep traits should have always applied only to the rep they were earned for. so borg rep skills would have worked against borg. tholian skills against thoilians and so on. then we would not have needed to pick and choose and we would have had them all .

I am not going to say the game is dead or dyeing. ( I know if I had another trek option I would have tried it long ago) but the KDF is for surely dieing. Romulans were the nail in the coffin for the KDF. the only thing the Klingons excel at besides being pure awesome, is ground and hardly anybody plays it anymore.

que wait times are insanely long, I blame the change in rep system for that since now you don't have to play ground to get ground gear.

even space que times KDF side are insanely long fleet alert 45 min only 3 que pop quickly and agin it is because of the rep/dil grind CCE ISE ICE they are fast and the mark rewards convert to dil easy and the loot sells pretty good.

Romulans fed allied because of their cloak no reason for the feddybear lovers to ever come play KDF side. and the roms kick butt really they do. the mythicial power problem they have LOL my tact reman in a tavaro wether fitted with torps or cannons never has a power issue so I cant see where these others are coming from crying about the power. sing core awesome. wish I could take my sing core to my D7 on my reman cant imagine not wanting to use it with him.

dinos with laser on their heads while maybe you could say they are plausible its still a cheap hack job from dino riders that seems more geared twards generic sci fantasy crowd rather than trek people.

other than the dino lasers I like the Voth content but refuse to play the ground stuff even if the rewards are inflated just so they can justify the metrics of the kiddy content.

the Undine im really liking the battle zone the qued mission stink, the snot bubbles could be toned down a bit but I like it. largest complaint is the use of BIO SHIPS by players just seems wrong on so many levels. especially Starfleet , it is akin to lobotomizing an enemy and making them fight for you while some kid with a joystick control your movements unethical to say the least.

the kits I do like also. and finding kits or anything at lower levels that isn't given during missions is really a waste of time and energy credits so that shouldn't really be an issue. but the exchange needs sort filters for them.

exchange needs sort filters for BOFF abilities as well .

im not going to get into crafting I think its a dead horse now and no replacements on the way. since the railroad is the new preferred method of delivery these days.

pvp well I don't do it anymore now that the war is over if I cant kill who I want ( feddy bears) im not going to be forced into a civil war killing my Klingon brethren. yet another example of how they are killing the KDF side.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I can't speak to numbers in game, none of us can, but I have noticed a steep decline in forum posts.
    It is called seasonal variance and it is quite common in all MMOs. In the beginning of Summer people go out more and shake off their winter hibernation: the sun! The sun!. Then about July, when it starts getting really hot, people come back inside and gaming picks up again. This lasts until school starts back up, and we see a noticeable drop again. This is like clockwork on MMOs.