test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate - May 27th, 2014 *Resolved*

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i bet that they are sitting around the burning server singing koombyah and making smores :D
  • sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iamaham wrote: »
    Just checked and saw the same message, I wonder who knocked on their door to wake up the IT guy?

It's probably assimilated tribbles which are investing the servers ;) But yeah, the server team is probably not too happy now lol
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Account server down. fascinating. I don't know much about how these things work so it's a bit surprising that the account authentication has it's owns server. Seems a bit convoluted to me.
    Almost every MMO has this as it saves things from all going down at the same time.
    jaguaro70 wrote: »
    There isn't anything in the DEV Tracker yet that they are even aware of the problem. Do we know if Khan has taken control of Cryptic/PW?
    It's 8:31 am here most of the team doesn't get in till around 9-10am. That said, the networking team is there 24 hours a day.
    It never ceases to amaze me how a company with their own personal forums use Twitter (and other social media) to update their status.
    I still say that whoever is doing the reasoning, like this example, is the problem and not the answer. It keeps Cryptic a 2nd rate developer.
    This is most likely because the team is on their way into the office and posting from their phone to twitter is easier than posting on the forums, trust me I've done it quite a few times :P

Anyways folks, I'll try to keep the first page updated but this downtime picked a hell of a time lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• captainmikerakcaptainmikerak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Forget panicking, even though all of you know your chars will be safe. Let's just demand compensation from them. Cryptic can forget my losses of 635 Zen and give me Lifetime instead. I think we all should get Lifetime for how often Cryptic pulls this TRIBBLE.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    csbastian wrote: »
    No one panic........ they will be on shortly to tell us that its not there fault.
    A not there fault? That would mean everything's working fine...
    Given I understood you right.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i bet that they are sitting around the burning server singing koombyah and making smores :D

koombyah my lord koombyah :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray

Well, at least they reacted fast to get the censo^WCommunity Manager out of bed...
  • dorzysa2dorzysa2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its not the first time a thing like this happens..... :mad:
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Love it...

...now put out the fire and let me play
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • slyism3003slyism3003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I guess its back to watching DVD Extras of TNG.:confused:
    edited May 2014
    bemlega wrote: »
    Well, at least they reacted fast to get the censo^WCommunity Manager out of bed...

I was already out of bed tyvm, plus if they actually woke me up to have me do moderation they would have to start paying me, which they don't :P
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dorzysa2 wrote: »
    Its not the first time a thing like this happens..... :mad:

and bet my life want be the last :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • bomerfettbomerfett Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow! sucks that they are still on the way into work. I would hate to walk into this mess on a Monday morning. Good luck guys. May your coffee be strong, and your patients long.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    someone tripped the Ground fault circuit that the Account server was plugged into, I blame Trendy's breaker tripping hair dryer on this one:P...

That being said, what genius decided to put the server plugs on the bathroom circuit anyway:D

Shenanigans...Technically STO is still operational...for those who are still logged in xD
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Hey, when i did search for this issue i got hit from... 05.27.2013
    Is it a yearly event! :P
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=717731

It only took 20 minutes to resolve last year.
    edited May 2014
    someone tripped the Ground fault circuit that the Account server was plugged into, I blame Trendy's breaker tripping hair dryer on this one:P...

That being said, what genius decided to put the server plugs on the bathroom circuit anyway:D

Shenanigans...Technically STO is still operational...for those who are still logged in xD

No no no, it wasn't her hair dryer... it was her bacon grill :P

• sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have two accounts and can't authenticate either one to log in. Even worse, when I submit for help through the arc support, it just spins, never reports.

Along with the 8 billion other errors in this game, I have dealt with most of them and reported a few and guess what...I got no response from Kryptic! So, if Kryptic has any ethics about them, they would refund me and all the other players their money and fix their problems, but then I doubt they will even respond to this post.

So as someone else reported:

Critical Success .00001% chance
    Any Success .1% chance
    No Success 99.9% chance
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You are great worker nice job for 0 $ :)
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2014

:eek: they upgraded from the server hamsters?? OMG OMG OMG!!! now how are those poor little guys gonna buy their nutz :D
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bomerfett wrote: »
    Wow! sucks that they are still on the way into work. I would hate to walk into this mess on a Monday morning. Good luck guys. May your coffee be strong, and your patients long.

Well it is Tuesday.
    Bridger.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zntech wrote: »
    You are great worker nice job for 0 $ :)

You get what you pay for.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well hope we get a bit of extend on Lobi event, was planning to do it now when I got loldisconnected. :)
  • drakirnosslindrakirnosslin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Usually I'm not annoyed that a server is down. Though this time it's a tad different since I'm missing my last free 15 lobi. >.<
    Oh wells, at least they know there's a problem and on it. i doubt it would be solved in time before the event ends. :/
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, who wants to play "let's get this thread to 600 posts"???
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
    edited May 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Well it is Tuesday.
    Technically yes, but for a lot of people in the US it was a holiday yesterday so it's a Monday for some :P
    iconians wrote: »
    You get what you pay for.
    Ain't that the truth.

Hey...wait a minute....

• chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Blarg, I was online til my laptop shut itself off....yet again.... and now I'm stuck outside with everyone else. Oh well... Belgium waffle time :D
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Technically yes, but for a lot of people in the US it was a holiday yesterday so it's a Monday for some :P

Calendars do not work that way.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Usually I'm not annoyed that a server is down. Though this time it's a tad different since I'm missing my last free 15 lobi. >.<
    Oh wells, at least they know there's a problem and on it. i doubt it would be solved in time before the event ends. :/

yeah got the same problem, I just hope they will extend the event with a day (or so) so we can at least still get that missing lobi. I don't think they will though.
  • dorzysa2dorzysa2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »

Ain't that the truth.

Hey...wait a minute....

only a minute? YAY!!! lol
This discussion has been closed.