test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate - May 27th, 2014 *Resolved*

Comments

• malkiorravenloftmalkiorravenloft Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I always think of this when we have an "intermission" due to a server problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. o7

I see your shenanigans and ante up one Youtube search: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=benny+hill+theme+song+makes+anything+funny
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Slight thread derail...

If all you're interested in is the Shard, just run the last mission in the series. No need to run them all.

That's old news to me. :) It's not my first char to get that shard with - it's the 13th, actually.
    But to be able to play that mission, you have to be lvl 44. Just reached level 40 a few hours ago.

Had I known that this would happen, I would have played on instead of taking a break...

Well, at least, I got almost all of the Lobi, this time.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • guymerguymer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just been kicked off after trying to buy a ship and it failing for the eighth time, got sent to the large login, that froze then I reset the login to come to the small one and i kept getting unable to authenticate. Seems like a serious problem, I don't know what's going on and i'm kinda worried and imagining worst ... anyone ever had any previous experiences with this and is there a solution, am i going to be able to play again ?? - From England
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks like things have just died out all together. Wonder how long the downtime will last this time. Shame too as I was just about to finish killing off the Planet Killers. Now I can't even connect to log in server. :(
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please stop adding content and fix the stuff that has been broken since the game started.

I promise i will not take back my lifetime membership if you hold the next couple of "special events" while you correct current game issues.
  • captainmikerakcaptainmikerak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still say it's their CRS employees. lol :P
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    He need to get to it first propably....

That's what the "Skip" button is for. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Must not be effecting very many people if Cryptic hasn't posted to say anything.
    That or they are tired of dealing with you lot....
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tardes13 wrote: »
    N ooooo :(

I'm going to sue Cryptic for my last 15 lobi !

well, i'm seing a bunch of people that were looking to run right before it would end, maybe criptyc could make up by extending it another day :rolleyes:
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Undine plot has finally come to light!! They have opened a fluidic rift in the game servers and destroyed normal game space!!
  • sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing it back online as soon as possible"

This is mentioned on the login screen now. So who ever is still online, may get kicked off soon as well untill its fixed.
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if only the game was down to add the tier 5 Undine rep rewards...
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Man I was just trying to get all my characters last day of extra Romulan rewards too.

I got kicked from the damn game on a character change.

Account server down. fascinating. I don't know much about how these things work so it's a bit surprising that the account authentication has it's owns server. Seems a bit convoluted to me.

most of the time it's a virtual svr on a global svr, the only missing thing here is redondant svr and ISP com so that kind of trouble never happen, but this cost extra money.

this just show how serious software / hardware setup are done ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • mowghtamowghta Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the same here , i can't log with arc launcher but still log in forum .. so sad
    vAZ8lHW.png

edited May 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »
    probably the guy looking after it fell a sleep and spilled his cofe over the server pc ... maybe somewone should poke him to wake him up :D
    sig442 wrote: »
    "Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing it back online as soon as possible"

This is mentioned on the login screen now. So who ever is still online, may get kicked off soon as well untill its fixed.

At least he woke up. lol
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    guymer wrote: »
    Just been kicked off after trying to buy a ship and it failing for the eighth time, got sent to the large login, that froze then I reset the login to come to the small one and i kept getting unable to authenticate. Seems like a serious problem, I don't know what's going on and i'm kinda worried and imagining worst ... anyone ever had any previous experiences with this and is there a solution, am i going to be able to play again ?? - From England

must be new to STO huh well man dont worry this happens alot they forget to feed the 1 server hamster they have it dies and so does the server.
    but yeah server dying is very common
  • ar0nnaxar0nnax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Star Trek Offline is currently offline...
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You joking right - no way i would skip a mission - the replay rewards
    are always smaller
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it just me, or does something like this ALWAYS happen during/end of these events. I remember First Contact Day this year causing random DCs every map change, and I seem to remember every FE event seems to end up being extended due to some calamity. Maybe it's intentional to pro-long them?

Also, for anyone who wants to check the STO server status , give thanks to 106th fleet's little server checking website http://stostatus.com/ which tells you exactly which server is down.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • n8pu#8193 n8pu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sig442 wrote: »

Just checked and saw the same message, I wonder who knocked on their door to wake up the IT guy?
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Threads just got merged, so now we can all complain together! *gets the popcorn*
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014

If you got the required level, that is. Been skipping through many missions to get there in time...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    errab wrote: »
    I was lucky and got my lobi run in this morning and I was able to get the max of 210 for the event :)

Yeah, damn it. This is/was the last day. I want my 15 Lobi!!!! :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    Threads just got merged, so now we can all complain together! *gets the popcorn*

at least the forum guy is back from break and working ..............
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It never ceases to amaze me how a company with their own personal forums use Twitter (and other social media) to update their status.
    I still say that whoever is doing the reasoning, like this example, is the problem and not the answer. It keeps Cryptic a 2nd rate developer.
    edited May 2014
    Okay, as a person who deals with networking issues, it's considered bad practice if you cannot keep 99% up-time minimum. This happens so often that I think they really should take a look at what they are using to see if it's sufficient to do more than run Windows 3.1. Either that or let IBM Watson do the work. lol :P
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's old news to me. :) It's not my first char to get that shard with - it's the 13th, actually.
    But to be able to play that mission, you have to be lvl 44. Just reached level 40 a few hours ago.

Had I known that this would happen, I would have played on instead of taking a break...

Well, at least, I got almost all of the Lobi, this time.

Ahh, yeah. I didn't think about the level restriction. Nothing to see here, move along. :P
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No one panic........ they will be on shortly to tell us that its not there fault.
  • guymerguymer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    He need to get to it first propably....
    ar0nnax wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline is currently offline...

Hahaha ok, i know it goes down for maintenance a lot but ive never seen this, thanks for the info though :).
This discussion has been closed.