test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Maintenance (May 23rd, 2014) [COMPLETED]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday May 23rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply an updated new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :eek:

First?

:P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Technically second...

;)

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you must make your own working houres smirk :D
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm sorry, my universal translator seems to be malfunctioning...

Does "Stability Update for New Romulus Anniversary Event" in any way translate to "New Romulus neighboorhood, instance and Red Alert missions actually WORK now"?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Technically second...

;)

~CaptainSmirk

Ummm... well.... yeah... Ok... *pouts*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    you must make your own working houres smirk :D

Yeah... started at 6:45am... about to go watch the Daily Show with my kitties before bed.

See you all at 6:45am tomorrow.

~CaptainSmirk

• Options
    edited May 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Ummm... well.... yeah... Ok... *pouts*

lol

Aww you're still special.

Chin up

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's what they tell me.

God I hope that is what it results in.

~CaptainSmirk

Don't we all.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Longest...patch notes...EVER!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Will the Romulan Anniversary Event be extended since we lost a day of it working?
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    General:

• Stability Update for Romulan Anniversary Event
    Stability updates usually makes the server cry and burn :D. Peeps close to the server; get your bacon ready! It's going to be hot today! :cool:
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Will the Romulan Anniversary Event be extended since we lost a day of it working?

Don't hold your breath
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah... started at 6:45am... about to go watch the Daily Show with my kitties before bed.

~CaptainSmirk

Oh Mr. Smirk... :o
  • Options
    templarbladedktemplarbladedk Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    time to hire some better programmers,because this is a farce.
  • Options
    chillor1988chillor1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey smirk, multi quote and edit post work wonders. and it had better include fixes to new romulus or your about to have one annoyed (at the least) player base. It's already screwed one of my fleetmates out of his daily yesterday. I am happy the devs finally decided to update the ammount of marks here though. Makes me wonder how long it will take for nukara?! also when are you guys gonna give romulans a proper city instead of a hole in the wall and an under construction area? or will it forever be under construction. honestly you guys should have phased the instance to show growth as you level romulan rep and at tier 5 make it an actual city. kind of like how eso does same area instances.
    spookpwa wrote: »

you must be new here!

I remember this...so true!
    time to hire some better programmers,because this is a farce.

and they still wouldnt test it, and even if they did they wouldnt listen to feedback!
    stoutes wrote: »
    Stability updates usually makes the server cry and burn :D. Peeps close to the server; get your bacon ready! It's going to be hot today! :cool:

I'm bringing burgers, we can do a cookout while we watch the fire burn.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok ... Gonna say it.

DEVs ... You do realize that the Romulan anniversary event would have been THE perfect time to have rolled out and introduced a new Romulan ship ... like a true Romulan science ship.

Only saying this to put it in your thoughts for next year.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why dont we just have one day scheduled gameplay and 6 days of patching.

What do you lot actually do in those offices ? it certainly does not begin with the letter W.
    And EU suffers AGAIN !

This is getting boring now, do you think one day you could actually release something that is not broken upon release, or am I asking too much here ?

I mean you are aware of a server called Tribble, yes ?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Why dont we just have one day scheduled gameplay and 6 days of patching.

What do you lot actually do in those offices ? it certainly does not begin with the letter W.
    And EU suffers AGAIN !

This is getting boring now, do you think one day you could actually release something that is not broken upon release, or am I asking too much here ?

I mean you are aware of a server called Tribble, yes ?
    Don't take it so seriously. It's a firm basen in America, so they do it based on the time which suits them best (early in the morning, so they're still fresh enough to fix things if necessary).

Grow some skin and don't bother so much. Bad for your heart!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Don't take it so seriously. It's a firm basen in America, so they do it based on the time which suits them best (early in the morning, so they're still fresh enough to fix things if necessary).

Grow some skin and don't bother so much. Bad for your heart!

I think we should use your post as template to paste it whenever a newbie discovers there are different time zones in this planet :D :P
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Since I'm on the east coast, I am writing this 2 hours before you get up with an urgent question.

When do we get to see pictures of your cats?

:D

More importantly, good to see that this is being fixed. Also, from one man with insane hours to another (did I ever tell you how I spent the Saturday before last watching and listening for birds from midnight to midnight?), the best way to get to sleep fast is melatonin supplements. Just don't use more than about 3 milligrams per night on a regular basis, because it can throw your body chemistry out of whack.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

More importantly, good to see that this is being fixed. Also, from one man with insane hours to another (did I ever tell you how I spent the Saturday before last watching and listening for birds from midnight to midnight?), the best way to get to sleep fast is melatonin supplements. Just don't use more than about 3 milligrams per night on a regular basis, because it can throw your body chemistry out of whack.

And you wonder why I like you sooooo much? It's all about chemicals :o
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In the meanwhile do Vastam Peaks : it works fine
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    And you wonder why I like you sooooo much? It's all about chemicals :o

Melatonin's a LOT safer than narcotics and/or that Ambien stuff. You can't overdose on melatonin without extreme effort, and even then the worst that will happen is that you'll be asleep for a few days.

I brought some with me on the World Series of Birding; got up at midnight, watched birds until the next midnight (the trick is listening for distinct calls when it's dark), then drove back to the hotel, took some melatonin and hit the bed. I normally take half an hour to get to sleep, but I was literally out cold before my head hit the pillow.

Almost missed the celebratory brunch, too, which would've been a bad thing because the highlight of the morning after is always seeing this guy I know drag his sorry rear in at 11 AM after doing a north-Jersey route and spending from midnight to 3 AM the previous day driving back to Cape May.

Yeah. The WSOB always has great stories associated with it.

I will now stop derailing this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

-Snip-

Although it was again a terrible story, I actually read it. Thanks for sharing it with me :o

Oh, I should go back on-topic too. Where were we?

Ah yes, wahhh Lock Box, wahh Alien ship, wahhh old bugs not fixed, wahh old bugs fixed, wahhh new bugs fixed although still too much old bugs...

Edit: the iPad inserted sniper instead of snip
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Although it was again a terrible story, I actually read it. Thanks for sharing it with me :o

Oh, I should go back on-topic too. Where were we?

Ah yes, wahhh Lock Box, wahh Alien ship, wahhh old bugs not fixed, wahh old bugs fixed, wahhh new bugs fixed although still too much old bugs...

Sounds about right. Don't forget to add "X is OP, plz nerf!"
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Once again, you've proven that your game engine CLEARLY needs an upgrade, yet I doubt that will ever happen. Way to go!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sounds about right. Don't forget to add "X is OP, plz nerf!"

You left out "Why you nerf XYZ! STO gonna die now, all your fault! Nerfing XYZ destroyed STO!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You left out "Why you nerf XYZ! STO gonna die now, all your fault! Nerfing XYZ destroyed STO!"

And, of course "Craptic sucks, the game engine is out of date, the game's boring anyway and there's nothing to do except the grind..."

People who ignore the literally thousands of different missions, both official and player-created, in this game are saaaaaaaaad.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wahhh whiners whine about whining