Install Arc
Options

Update Maintenance (May 23rd, 2014) [COMPLETED]

124»

Comments

• Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Being that I was looking forward to running the Rep Missions on New Romulus for all those bonus marks, I am glad the server came down to fix the problem. I am thinking it didn't come down yesterday due to them trying to fix it with the game running? Better now than later, mate.

I soooo agree with this.

What the point of having a NR anniversary if can't get those extra marks. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bored... raining outside... want to get back to smoking some crystal... Elite Crystal Entity of coarse
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My life has no meaning without the ability to do a quick 2-man ISE run...

(seriously, a fleetmate and I can 2-man ISE with my scimi and his Palisade)
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    And I just woke up....

8:09AM GMT-7hrs... :/

*YAWN*
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    (seriously, a fleetmate and I can 2-man ISE with my scimi and his Palisade)

I believe you can... but why would you want to?!
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe you can... but why would you want to?!

Because he is gorgeous (boy, I had to google this word to type it right)
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Because he is gorgeous (boy, I had to google this word to type it right)

No, I seriously don't understand why anyone would want content to be that easy.

EDIT:
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

Ooh, a early completion again.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Well.. that is a bit more complicated then originally noticeable... and it might take an MMO lifer like me to see.

EverQuest used to be the big bad boy on the block. They patched on Tuesdays.

WoW wanted to beat them, so they moved their patches to Wednesday, so that on Tuesday patches EQ players would come to WoW to check it out.

Cryptic did the same thing. WoW patches on Wednesday, lets patch on a different day so that we can get bored WoW players.

They should have chose Tuesday. Nobody cares about EQ anymore.

Don't matter when you patch, someone somewhere is always going to complain, just get the patches done when they are ready to go live and be done till the next one imo.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good to know it's done. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, since the bugs section of the forum is useless, i will repeat again here the same bug. When you collect the boff from the reward, and you click on "not now", because i dont want him to join my stations, just to be in my roster candidates, it goes automatically to the overflow bag instead of the inventory, and you CANT recover him from there. And that happens to A LOT of people, with the Reman boff and the Breen boff. Its reported already several times. But i guess you people, cant stop asking for new stupid content and cstore ships but you never visited the bugs section of the forums. Always the same story.

Here's a simple question...Why would I go to the Bug Report Forums if I am not experiencing any bugs? I am not a Dev or CM or anything else than a player. The only reason a player shoulkd go to the Bug Forums is to check if there is a solution to a bug you are experiencing or to report a bug.

And the rare times I have troubles, usually a reboot of the program fixes the issue for me.
    And why wouldn't I compliment people for providing me an enjoyable time in game?

I am not raining on your parade, if you take it down the right streets. Don't rain on my parade that's travelling down the right route.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    I've heard some gossip about energy drinks metabolizing similarly to alcohol. I don't know how true that is I'm only a doctor in game, and we have sythahol.

My hard drive stopped ticking, by the way. I'm not trusting the drive but at least I can play again without the pauses. I know it won't last but hey, I can't afford a new drive right now I'll take the reprieve. I 'solved' it by turning the end of my drive into empty space. Apparently the problem is at the end of the drive there and if I don't try and use that part it doesn't complain.

I'm still not trusting the drive, I only have game clients and movies/music there.

Thanks again for all the responses yesterday. I knew that was the problem but I gave up my true hardcore geek credentials as I aged and didn't keep up with the latest/greatest.

It was a total shock when I discovered I no longer have a BIOS... I was like what the hell happened am I in a time warp?

When you do look to purchase a new HDD, I would suggest getting an SSD. No moving parts, quieter, more energy efficent and less enegery requirements. Which means that you won't get the ticking and everything will play better because of faster seek times. You pay more per GB this way but it will outlast regular HDD's on a regular basis.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Of course i am not english xD. You only need to see how badly i write in english most of the times.

The point is, i am one of those persons who cant read a comment with no sense and not respond to it. So, everytime someone replies me, i need to answer xD. Thats the reason it looks like i only complain. But maybe because i must be the only person in these forums who really cares about the future of this game and i dont see people cares about it or about the bad job cryptic is doing since the past year. When the only thing you see around is positive comments, even when they are not deserved, so, they make not sense at all, i really have an urge to "save" the decency of the human race. :D

My issue with you is your assumption that I don't care. That is an incorrect statement. The real problem here is that not all people experience the same bugs. SOme never encounter bugs at all. Cryptic has to look at each bug and prioritize thier time to the fixes. The obvious and smart thing to do wopuld be to fix the bugs that is affecting the greatest number of people and work your way down.

Just because you don't see the bugs you want fixed is not cause to create discension in the ranks. If you have reported the bug you have done what you can to make them aware of the issue. Now you have to give them time to prioritize and look into the issue so that they can fix the problems based on "the needs of the many outwaigh the needs of the few" approach. Will this mean that your problem will be fixed this year, possible but doubtfull if your the only one who has reported the issue.

SO instead of attacking everyone, or making unsupported claims about peoples feelings or desires, remain calm and be patient. And try to have fun instead.

You'll be better liked. And people will be more apt to listen to what you have to say than now.

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    When you do look to purchase a new HDD, I would suggest getting an SSD. No moving parts, quieter, more energy efficent and less enegery requirements. Which means that you won't get the ticking and everything will play better because of faster seek times. You pay more per GB this way but it will outlast regular HDD's on a regular basis.

Problem is you can't defragment an SSD, It would kill it.

So instead they keep accumulating fragments, filling up like some kind of filter until you don't have any space left on it. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Problem is you can't defragment an SSD, It would kill it.

So instead they keep accumulating fragments, filling up like some kind of filter until you don't have any space left on it. :(

You don't need to defragment a SSD, it is a bloody memory structure and have no trouble really with fragmented placement of files.

It is a mechanical disc that have trouble with that.

That it is fills up is probably that you got temp files on the disc, move those to a secondary mechanical disc and things should work better for you. ;)

A known problem is the virus known as windows, that fills up more and more space each patch. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quick question; were New Romulus Red Alerts also fixed and I'm just missing them by being in instances, or are they still down? Because I haven't seen one despite being on-planet for five hours or so...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Quick question; were New Romulus Red Alerts also fixed and I'm just missing them by being in instances, or are they still down? Because I haven't seen one despite being on-planet for five hours or so...

The alerts are there, it is just the alert message that is missing. :rolleyes:

With as many people doing NR right now the alerts gets done, but one have to be lucky and be in alert area or see comment on it in zone chat.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, unfortunately i am the only one who "complains" for the right things. The only thing you guys can do is to say "good job" again and again. Dont expect they take their job seriously. They never will lol. So many kids around.. lol.

"kids" lol. I think they're grown adults. Now you, on the other hand...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    The alerts are there, it is just the alert message that is missing. :rolleyes:

With as many people doing NR right now the alerts gets done, but one have to be lucky and be in alert area or see comment on it in zone chat.

Ugh...

So, have they even acknowledged this problem yet?

Being without my NRRAs takes part of the fun out of doing a New Romulus run since I don't get an alert message telling me something's happening somewhere for me to go deal with the break up the monotony of doing the same neighborhoods and instances every day...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...