test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 22nd, 2014) [COMPLETED]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 22nd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heh, same formatting error as the Tribble notes had. Ask Bort! ;)
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about some graphics love.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    How about some graphics love.
    Last time someone got graphic about love in these forums, the tale was deleted...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about some communication love? I heard rumors that some of the STObased fan creations like pvp bootcamp and some podcasts have gotten little communication from Cryptic lately.

Say it isnt so. These fan creations need a solid line of communication to function.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Last time someone got graphic about love in these forums, the tale was deleted...

C'mon, it wasn't THAT bad...

Not even anything explicit, just some innuendo.

Anyway. Looks like a nice patch. Thanks to the art team for fixing the costume issues. Thanks for the extra kit rewards.

(IC as Grand Vizier worffan101)

Trendy, I sent you an extra-large bacon shipment, courtesy of the Minions of Ba'al (tm) and my monthly Nepotism Quota. I hope that you like it!

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mmhhh... mmnning

Can someone make me breakfast?

*looks straight up to W......*
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    After all the complaints about the Rep abilities nerf, You guys can't even bring it back to normal? C'Mon, show the veterans some love by bringing the rep abilities back to season 8 style. Otherwise might as well start new toons as soon as you reach 50 cause there is nothing beyond that right now.

I honestly ran the reps just so I could have all those abilities. The gear is mearly just extras.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reps will never be turned back to how they were. Better get used to it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    The reps will never be turned back to how they were. Better get used to it.

Well, then Cryptic better get used to wallets closing, because I know of ALOT of people who hate what they did to the rep system. Some of my friends have quit until they bring the rep back, and they have bought EVERYTHING from the c-store.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Well, then Cryptic better get used to wallets closing, because I know of ALOT of people who hate what they did to the rep system. Some of my friends have quit until they bring the rep back, and they have bought EVERYTHING from the c-store.
    After all the complaints about the Rep abilities nerf, You guys can't even bring it back to normal? C'Mon, show the veterans some love by bringing the rep abilities back to season 8 style. Otherwise might as well start new toons as soon as you reach 50 cause there is nothing beyond that right now.

I honestly ran the reps just so I could have all those abilities. The gear is mearly just extras.
    I can agree with your observation. As a result of being limited to four ground and four space passives, the incentive to complete the rep systems is gone. Why play something that is now considered an extra?

Regardless about what they do to certain rep systems, the gear they provide is not worth the resources, time, and effort.

You only need to complete two rep systems, and you will have enough passives to choose.

How my two avatars are setup:

Undine - T4.5- heading to T5
    Dyson - T5 - done
    Nukara - T3 - stopping here
    Romulus - T3 - stopping here
    Omega- T5 - done

Undine - T1 - stopping here
    Dyson - T0 - stopping here
    Nukara - T0 - stopping here
    Romulus - T0 - stopping here
    Omega- T4.5 - heading to T5

Between the high exchange prices, rep gear prices, fleet holding resource costs, and those bloody time-gates, "Star Trek: Online" has become an extremely annoying, repetitive, and boring game.

Complete two full rep systems, unlock your eight passives, get some gear, and you are done. Completing the other three is just for boasting rights. Not enough Nukura and Romulus missions and marks anyway.

"Dragon Age: Inquisition" could not arrive any sooner.
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the gameplay itself isn't fun enough to carry the game for you, why did you hang around for the rep grind at all?
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    And still no fix on the tray loadout issues?? Is this becoming the BFAW of season 9? Serious question... :rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Will there be a look into why Rom/Rem toons all get the rom rep tier missions stuck as in progress? Maybe it's not everyones rom/rems but all 5 of mine have finished T5 and still have ALL the missions active. really irritating.
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing bridge officers and npcs to become stuck in their pathing on Nimbus ground.

Thanks for that

Still no Fix for the Power tray bug :(
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    Here is a Issue that should be on the known issues list

Yellowstone pets cause the NPC's to vanish on PvE

The NPCs can still shoot you but you cannot target them

this should really be fixed
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    smaksvetasmaksveta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Indeed, i am one of them.No more my money for STO until old rep gets back.All that grind for powers, and now...
    No more money!
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Then Cryptic already has what they want from them, you know because they are a business (which people tend to easily forget).

I personally am 100% behind the rep changes. Instead of more grind and forget, players actually have to pick much more selectively what is best for their builds. It gets better too, because you can change it whenever you want (given the appropriate map), whereas before when you wanted to change rep passives you had to waste zen on it. This rep update also breathed life back into a little something we all may have experienced...GROUND.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    smaksveta wrote: »
    Indeed, i am one of them.No more my money for STO until old rep gets back.All that grind for powers, and now...
    No more money!

I have gotten used to the new Rep system, and it is not that bad.

What they need to do is make all rep as the Borg for grinding purposes.
    No other Rep have good and fun grinding content.

Romulan/Undine have bad reward in the grinding.
    Undine only really have the Undine infiltration that is fun (Undine assault is an abomination that should be killed and buried in a shallow grave in some desert together with whoever designed it).
    Dyson have rather boring group content that is not as fun as Borg.
    Nukara only really have the Crystalline Catastrophe that give any acceptable reward.

Please remember that grinding is supposed to be fun so we continue to play the game. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014

If your friends quit for that, then your friends are stupid, honestly. There are other more important reasons of more weight to make you quit the game, but not the reputation system.. thats absurd. You keep surprising me, when i see someone complaining, instead of doing it for important things, its about the new reputation system and dislikes.. lol. Im not going to say anything about the patch notes, since they are the same as any other week, just the same... lol. But u guys.. seriously.. xD.

I also hate the new rep system, it is pure TRIBBLE, but it is a part of the game and i dont consider it a reason of weight to quit the game. I will probably quit the game because i cant hold on so many bugs at once, and because some of em are critically important and are ignored completely. THAT is the reason i will quit, not because i just dont like the reputation system..

I also hate the new ESD and i am not asking they to revert it to the previous ESD lol.

So, since we are not allowed to write negative comments, there we are -> "AWESOME" patch cryptic another week !!, good job!! lol.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Will there be a look into why Rom/Rem toons all get the rom rep tier missions stuck as in progress? Maybe it's not everyones rom/rems but all 5 of mine have finished T5 and still have ALL the missions active. really irritating.

Maybe a dumb question...did you actually turn them in when you completed them? You do the mission, and whatever you interact with for that mission's cutscene will allow you to turn it in.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    Then Cryptic already has what they want from them, you know because they are a business (which people tend to easily forget).

I personally am 100% behind the rep changes. Instead of more grind and forget, players actually have to pick much more selectively what is best for their builds. It gets better too, because you can change it whenever you want (given the appropriate map), whereas before when you wanted to change rep passives you had to waste zen on it. This rep update also breathed life back into a little something we all may have experienced...GROUND.

Indeed, Crytpic is a business but what they have done you can easily compare with next : suppose you buy a nice BMW with a V8 engine, double turbo charged and loads of electronic aids to be it a super performance car. A year later, after you bought it you recieve a letter from BMW which states : "Due to recent complaints from some new buyers that this car is too powerful, it's required that you return yours so we can put a V6 engine in it, single turbo charged and stripped from some electronical aids, to provide you with a less performing car." What would happen ? a. BMW would loose a bunch of costumers and their image. b. You would simply say : "**** OFF", I paid quiet a lot of money for this car and I keep it like it is, but the next time I'll go looking for another brand.

Cryptic did the same now with Season 9, that simple.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, mebbe against next week, can you do us a favor ? Get rid off those boxes with marks ? It's pretty ridiculous to have 10 boxes of Undine marks in my inventory, when I am doing Undine Space Zone, as the only marks that are given there are Undine Marks. Same goes for the Borg STF's, the only kind of marks you can get there are the Omega ones. I know, some missions do offer you the choice of marks, but keep it like pre-season 9 : A list of marks you could recieve, and that the user select those he/she wants to recieve.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only problem of the reputation system is, the way it is now, it is a bit stupid. IT needs a loadout system to make preselections of ground/space. Because right now, the need to select/unselect the traits you want every time is really non sense. But since cryptic is not really good working on loadout systems (or other matters) cuf cuf cuf.. its better if everything stays as it is now lol.

But, for example, im done selecting the traits i want every time i go to ground / space. I just selected some ground and space and those are the ones i always use. So, i will prefer by far the old method, because now, without a system to make preselections, the reputation / trait system is stupid at most.
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    “Surface Tension” has been moved to the end of the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc in the episode journal.

The minimum level requirement for this mission is now level 50.

But the rewards are still the same, right?

Indeed, Crytpic is a business but what they have done you can easily compare with next : suppose you buy a nice BMW with a V8 engine, double turbo charged and loads of electronic aids to be it a super performance car. A year later, after you bought it you recieve a letter from BMW which states : "Due to recent complaints from some new buyers that this car is too powerful, it's required that you return yours so we can put a V6 engine in it, single turbo charged and stripped from some electronical aids, to provide you with a less performing car." What would happen ? a. BMW would loose a bunch of costumers and their image. b. You would simply say : "**** OFF", I paid quiet a lot of money for this car and I keep it like it is, but the next time I'll go looking for another brand.

Cryptic did the same now with Season 9, that simple.

Bad analogy. It would be more accurate to say you bought a top-of-the-line BMW V8 supercar, but didn't pay for any of the optional extras. Over the next few months you bought the extras one by one, and now you have a really flashy top-of-the-line BMW V8 supercar. But then BMW write to you and say, "we're discontinuing support for most of the optional extras due to complaints from people who haven't bought them all, about making our cars too fast. We don't want people to stop buying our cars because of a perception they're way too flashy, and all the optional extras still work, but our authorised maintenance outlets will not be able to maintain them".

You can still use all your rep powers, not all of them at the same time, and you pick them appropriately for the mission you're doing. Changing them no longer costs you anything, except maybe some brain power to work out which ones you should be using at the moment.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, mebbe against next week, can you do us a favor ? Get rid off those boxes with marks ? It's pretty ridiculous to have 10 boxes of Undine marks in my inventory, when I am doing Undine Space Zone, as the only marks that are given there are Undine Marks. Same goes for the Borg STF's, the only kind of marks you can get there are the Omega ones. I know, some missions do offer you the choice of marks, but keep it like pre-season 9 : A list of marks you could recieve, and that the user select those he/she wants to recieve.

Is this a joke? Why wouldn't you open the boxes now and just collect the marks in your totals?
    There is absolutely no need to collect those boxes, even if you aren't using the marks for projects right away.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Maybe a dumb question...did you actually turn them in when you completed them? You do the mission, and whatever you interact with for that mission's cutscene will allow you to turn it in.

Of course, or they wouldn't have got their T5 rewards. Case in point, the mountain pass mission. fight through the pass/cave to the shuttle, watch the video TRIBBLE, submit video/report, leave cave and mission is right back in my list of things to do. So my last two Roms I didn't do any of the missions until the ruins at t5. Turned that in as soon as sfinished and nothing in list (good), switched and played another toon for a while and came back to the one that had just done the ruins and ALL the missions were right back in the list and that's ONLY on roms/rems. My Fed/KDF toons have all only done the t5 ruins mission and they had the missions cleaned out without an issue.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ogremindes wrote: »
    If the gameplay itself isn't fun enough to carry the game for you, why did you hang around for the rep grind at all?
    "Star Trek: Online" has some great episodic missions. I also enjoy the social aspects of the game. I wish there was an actual "Star Trek" rpg, which mirrors such games as "Dragon Age: Origins", "Knights of the Old Republic", "Skyrim", and "Neverwinter Knights II". While those games are single-player, I think they got the whole rpg logic right.

I do not mind grinding a few rep systems. As a result of a few major annoyances, I do not see the need to complete them all.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ...You can still use all your rep powers, not all of them at the same time, and you pick them appropriately for the mission you're doing. Changing them no longer costs you anything, except maybe some brain power to work out which ones you should be using at the moment.

Out of my last weeks worth of Azure Neb runs (280 runs), I've had ONE in which the team actually acted as though they had a single brain cell. In the other 279, the other 4 people ran around the map like lemmings with ADHD who stopped taking their meds. The red highlight in your statement is a myth with a lot of players of this game.
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Man the gates! The storm approaches.

Oh, wait. Wrong MMO.

On that note, I'd like it if the boxes stacked by the number of rep points they give so they don't consume so much space in my inventory that I could use for stolen goodies.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.