Scheduled Maintenance (May 22nd, 2014) [COMPLETED]

Comments

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    I believe the issues they're having are from this thread here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090131

I'm not having any graphics problems right now (thankfully) so I'm afraid I can't give you any more info than that.

So you think. But.. have you checked your videocard temperature or the fans?? cuz that is one of the symptomps.. even if you run the game at 70fps (as do i).
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    I have gotten used to the new Rep system, and it is not that bad.

What they need to do is make all rep as the Borg for grinding purposes.
    No other Rep have good and fun grinding content.

Romulan/Undine have bad reward in the grinding.
    Undine only really have the Undine infiltration that is fun (Undine assault is an abomination that should be killed and buried in a shallow grave in some desert together with whoever designed it).
    Dyson have rather boring group content that is not as fun as Borg.
    Nukara only really have the Crystalline Catastrophe that give any acceptable reward.

Please remember that grinding is supposed to be fun so we continue to play the game. :P

Id like to see the saved loadouts fixed. im sick of items dropping and tray resetting, boffs unslotting. batteries jumping out.

then when that's all sorted out add the traits to the save like the doffs are. each setup may want to use different traits and they should be saved to that setup.

the way it is now im pretty much too lazy or just forget to go change them as needed.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With the Mac builds, I cannot say. I don't have enough experiencing with seeing problems that have been reported and fixed since it launched.

Best thing to do is check the sub-forum about the Mac bugs and see if you can locate something similar to what you are experiencing. If not, file a new bug report there to get attention drawn to the problem.

The Dev team is learning as they go regarding fixing Mac probs, but I know a lot players have been restless waiting for fixes. There are a lot of Mac builds that have and have not worked.

I wish I had the power to make all Macs behave properly, but I just work in the forums/social media. We all appreciate the patience of Mac users who are still experiencing problems, but we also know that patience is limited.

Hopefully you will get to play with all of us soon!

~CaptainSmirk

Well I appreciate the advice but the mac client forum has been completely abandoned by the devs. We're bug reporting like crazy, after crashes my client regularly sends 1gb (!) error reports to cryptic, at least it says it does.
    Mac client updates just happen, but don't appear in the patchnotes. Maybe a bit more of a two way communication would help here. An update to the known issues list (aa settings, no right click navigation, sound issues...), as well as currently supported hardware is in order.

If the Devs would let us know what kind of info they need thread dumps, more specific reproduction steps i m sure they would get it.

going through the post it seems pretty clear that despite the obvious (no multi-touch aka mac native mouse suuport etc) the client is extremely unstable on newer hardware whereas old minimum spec hardware performs okish.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you think. But.. have you checked your videocard temperature or the fans?? cuz that is one of the symptomps.. even if you run the game at 70fps (as do i).

My PC is so old right now that almost every game I play overheats it. I've actually taken the side panel off and placed a floor fan there instead to cool my cards lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Last time someone got graphic about love in these forums, the tale was deleted...

Sometimes it's a risque you just gotta take.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. - appreciated :)

I submitted a ticket for the issue, but the response I received didn't really address the issue.

I would elaborate on said issues, but I would just be repeating information that I, and many others, have been discussing in the following thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17023031&posted=1

You're welcome.

Had to check to see what problem you specifically were experiencing as there have been several reported, and we have simple fixes for some, but not all.

The FPS problem is still being reported by many players. I don't have a response from the Devs about a fix or identifying the problem exactly, otherwise I would try to help you out directly here.

I will check in with them today after maintenance and see what is going on. Hopefully I will get an answer for you and others who are still waiting. Sorry they haven't addressed this sooner.

Let me see what I can do about lighting a fire under this.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With the Mac builds, I cannot say. I don't have enough experiencing with seeing problems that have been reported and fixed since it launched.

Best thing to do is check the sub-forum about the Mac bugs and see if you can locate something similar to what you are experiencing. If not, file a new bug report there to get attention drawn to the problem.

The Dev team is learning as they go regarding fixing Mac probs, but I know a lot players have been restless waiting for fixes. There are a lot of Mac builds that have and have not worked.

I wish I had the power to make all Macs behave properly, but I just work in the forums/social media. We all appreciate the patience of Mac users who are still experiencing problems, but we also know that patience is limited.

Hopefully you will get to play with all of us soon!

~CaptainSmirk

Update on the fix for kdf tailor cannot modify or wear most my slots?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Are you telling me that the devs are are NOT AWARE of the lower of the performance and fps issues that has nothing to do with the player systems but with the game engine , since S9, including the "famous" undine battlezone??? :eek::eek:

Ok, now i am really shocked. I didnt expect this answer.. unbelievable.

You need to calm down.

I have to ask players to identify which problem they are experiencing. I in no way implied that the Devs are not aware of the FPS problem. I asked that poster for specifics so I can better address their question.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    My PC is so old right now that almost every game I play overheats it. I've actually taken the side panel off and placed a floor fan there instead to cool my cards lol.

?? 0.o ??

OK we need a kickstarter for Borg implants for you too.

Your poor machine. Hope that fan helps.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You need to calm down.

I have to ask players to identify which problem they are experiencing. I in no way implied that the Devs are not aware of the FPS problem. I asked that poster for specifics so I can better address their question.

~CaptainSmirk

Smirk, from one man to another, I have to say: Don't engage that guy. I have literally never seen him post anything on these forums other than complaints.

On an unrelated but important note, I am currently unable to patch; when I try to log in to the launcher, I get an "unable to authenticate" response. Do you have any ideas about why this might be and/or how to fix it?

EDIT: NVM on the second part, patching just fine now. Thanks to whoever fixed the patch server!
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, mebbe against next week, can you do us a favor ? Get rid off those boxes with marks ? It's pretty ridiculous to have 10 boxes of Undine marks in my inventory, when I am doing Undine Space Zone, as the only marks that are given there are Undine Marks. Same goes for the Borg STF's, the only kind of marks you can get there are the Omega ones. I know, some missions do offer you the choice of marks, but keep it like pre-season 9 : A list of marks you could recieve, and that the user select those he/she wants to recieve.

Seriously, or at least make them auto go to inventory and stack instead of taking up new inventory slots! But really we should just be getting marks.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Smirk, from one man to another, I have to say: Don't engage that guy. I have literally never seen him post anything on these forums other than complaints.

On an unrelated but important note, I am currently unable to patch; when I try to log in to the launcher, I get an "unable to authenticate" response. Do you have any ideas about why this might be and/or how to fix it?

Maybe thanks to my "complains" some bugs are fixed. But if you want a crappy game filled with fails, suit yourself. That is what you want, right? thanks to people like you, we will never see some important bugs fixed.

And i wrote A LOT of positive comments and love comments about a lot of things, its just people only see what they want to see in these forums, sadly. Negative comments or complains are not "allowed" in these forums, thats the reason when someone "abuse" a little of em, its marked in the act. Classic.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

shouldn't you wait a bit before you start going on about that? maybe the patch was still uploading and wasn't ready yet? maybe they still had the login server down. I wouldn't worry until the time ran out really.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    shouldn't you wait a bit before you start going on about that? maybe the patch was still uploading and wasn't ready yet? maybe they still had the login server down. I wouldn't worry until the time ran out really.

Yeah, looks like a false alarm...

It was strange, though; usually I'm patching just fine within 5 minutes of the server going down.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You need to calm down.

~CaptainSmirk

I am calm down. The reason im so frustrated is because IT IS NOT a problem of the users!. And because there is a HUGE post on the bugs sections since the day 1 of the Season 9. And i cant believe nobody from the cryptic team even looked at it.. but well, its good to know that now they know.

And by the way, i am not one of those who have fps problems (not in the same way anyways), i am just talking for others!!, because i hate seing people treating like this trying to receive some answers from the devs and they get nothing.. that is my frustration.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure what the whole marks-in-a-box thing is for.

What was the problem with them just being added to our mark totals?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe thanks to my "complains" some bugs are fixed. But if you want a crappy game filled with fails, suit yourself. That is what you want, right? thanks to people like you, we will never see some important bugs fixed.

Not thanks to your complains. The only thing you do is making sarcastic comments and raging.

If you do not like the game, feel free to leave. Your constant complaining is just a call for attention you might not get in your real life, or it is a way to feel like a big boss that you can't be in your private life.

What fixed bugs go on your account?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kazabok wrote: »

they probably just wanted to make sure players were seeing the amounts they were getting since the tables got screwed up on some of the missions. and that one time daily bonus 55 marks.

• Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kazabok wrote: »

It wasn't stimulating sales of inventory slots.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not thanks to your complains. The only thing you do is making sarcastic comments and raging.

If you do not like the game, feel free to leave. Your constant complaining is just a call for attention you might not get in your real life, or it is a way to feel like a big biss that you can't be in your private life.

What fixed bugs go on your account?

Manfred, dear, don't engage the grognard. Engaging him will just make him angrier.

Just sit back, watch the game patch, and put Wrath of Khan on in the background so you don't get bored. Like I'm doing, now.
  • Options
    darkansomdarkansom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great game guys but your 2.5 hour maintenance time has kind of exceeded its its schedule :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    darkansom wrote: »
    Great game guys but your 2.5 hour maintenance time has kind of exceeded its its schedule :(

Nah, it's only been 1.5 hours.

It'll be done by 12:30 EST if they stay on schedule.
  • Options
    afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know the launcher shows server status, but is there a status indicator on the new webpage? The old site had the red "Server is down" / green "Server is UP!" messages, but I don't see anything like that on the cluttered "Arc Games" site.

I'm really not a fan of the arc pages.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While we are all having tech problems...

I'm afraid I know the answer... but... A girl can hope...

My Hard Drive has started "ticking". it will tick 3 times, and while it is ticking the whole machine freezes up. Then the ticking stops and things go on their way. It is fully stable other then that. It doesn't crash or lock up, only when it is ticking.

Sometimes rebooting staves it off for a bit. Other times it starts after it reboots.

Any ideas?
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your hard drive is dying. Back your stuff up while you still can.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »

My Hard Drive has started "ticking". it will tick 3 times, and while it is ticking the whole machine freezes up. Then the ticking stops and things go on their way. It is fully stable other then that. It doesn't crash or lock up, only when it is ticking.

Sometimes rebooting staves it off for a bit. Other times it starts after it reboots.

Any ideas?

DOOOOOM! were all gonna die. before you freak make sure all your cooling fans are working.

• Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    all jokes aside, pwe trendy, his/her computer is down and out. correct me if im wrong, but dont you and trendy get paid by perfect world entertainment? isnt it your job to deal with the forums and games? and in order to do so you need a computer. SHOULD PWE PROVIDE THE WORKERS WITH A COMPUTER TO DO YOUR JOB?
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »

Any ideas?
    If you were to do a surface scan, you will find that your sector blocks are damaged. Your harddrive is most likely going to completely fail. I suggest you move all of your important stuff onto external drives.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    all jokes aside, pwe trendy, his/her computer is down and out. correct me if im wrong, but dont you and trendy get paid by perfect world entertainment? isnt it your job to deal with the forums and games? and in order to do so you need a computer. SHOULD PWE PROVIDE THE WORKERS WITH A COMPUTER TO DO YOUR JOB?

--Trendy's a she.

--Yeah, PWE really SHOULD provide their employees with computers, and they probably do, but I suspect that it takes a week or so to get a new machine from the supply department.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is still in progress. 2.5 Hours from 7am PDT = done at 9:30am PDT.

It is currently 8:45am PDT aprox

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.