test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #21: Romulan Anniversary Event (Now Ended!)

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh thank god, you are still..you :D

Even after the film.

My dear, I shall always be...me.

*puts on sunglasses and trench coat and drives away into the sunset in a sleek convertible*
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Perfect opportunity to finally bring the bugged liberated Doff from Day of Honor/First Contact Day/Day of Romulan whatever, but nope, let's tweak a lockbox, instead.

Also: "and helped to establish a ceasefire between the Federation and Klingon Empire in the middle of repelling an Undine invasion."

Sorry, I kinda chuckled at this.

I'm sure that, while Jarok unintentionally angered both Starfleet and the KDF by claiming the Jenolan Sphere and nearly caused the alliance to shatter, Tuvok and Shon would appreciate being properly thanked for respectively establishing a summit and being the first to assist both ESD and Qo'Nos, and admitting Starfleet was wrong to ignore the Undine, while nearly sacrificing himself by finding the best use for the Aquarius.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited May 2014
    Perfect opportunity to finally bring the bugged liberated Doff from Day of Honor/First Contact Day/Day of Romulan whatever, but nope, let's tweak a lockbox, instead.
    From what Smirk said, it seems like they haven't figured out a fix yet. Also, it was from the Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend, not the Republic Day mission.
    Also: "and helped to establish a ceasefire between the Federation and Klingon Empire in the middle of repelling an Undine invasion."

Sorry, I kinda chuckled at this.

I'm sure that, while Jarok unintentionally angered both Starfleet and the KDF by claiming the Jenolan Sphere and nearly caused the alliance to shatter, Tuvok and Shon would appreciate being properly thanked for respectively establishing a summit and being the first to assist both ESD and Qo'Nos, and admitting Starfleet was wrong to ignore the Undine, while nearly sacrificing himself by finding the best use for the Aquarius.

Shon needs a lot of appreciation for (a) groveling to the Klingon ambassador and gritting his teeth and bearing it as the Gorn just had to make Shon say it again, and (b) the idiotic but brave suicide run at the planet killer. Jarok did show up in a Scimitar, though, and was rather effective at Qo'noS.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    My dear, I shall always be...me.

*puts on sunglasses and trench coat and drives away into the sunset in a sleek convertible*

..while the cold wind cools down the trail of roadkill you have left behind.
    edited May 2014
    ..while the cold wind cools down the trail of roadkill you have left behind.

...and the various dead animals reanimate as ghost terror zombies and pursue me...
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kylelocke wrote: »
    Why not move Republic Day to the 22nd of May and give Day of Honour it's own day rather than celebrating them all on one day, it'll make each faction seem more distinct.

Well, then, if you did that, you'd have KDF and RR players complaining on First Contact Day when it comes around again, Starfleet and RR players on whenever Day of Honor is and Starfleet and KDF on Republic Day.
    edited May 2014
    ...and the various dead animals reanimate as ghost terror zombies and pursue me...

...and Iean back in my comfort chair, holding Brandy in one hand and a cigar in the other, watching the mayhem.
    edited May 2014
    ...and Iean back in my comfort chair, holding Brandy in one hand and a cigar in the other, watching the mayhem.

Brandy and cigars? Someone's moved up a couple of social circles!

I spin my car around in a Fast&Furious move, activate the weapons systems (it's more tricked out than James Bond's Aston Martin) and put some flame decals on the sides. Then I charge the ghost mutant terror zombie roadkill.

This is getting so silly, so fast...:D:cool:
    edited May 2014
    Brandy and cigars? Someone's moved up a couple of social circles!

I spin my car around in a Fast&Furious move, activate the weapons systems (it's more tricked out than James Bond's Aston Martin) and put some flame decals on the sides. Then I charge the ghost mutant terror zombie roadkill.

This is getting so silly, so fast...:D:cool:

A mutated zombie Buffalo crashes through the car's front, activating the ejection seat and sending you into the air. You forgot to pack the parachute and so you smash on the ground.

You are dead and I marry Trendy and Smirk in a state that allows such a marriage.
    edited May 2014
    A mutated zombie Buffalo crashes through the car's front, activating the ejection seat and sending you into the air. You forgot to pack the parachute and so you smash on the ground.

You are dead and I marry Trendy and Smirk in a state that allows such a marriage.

I think that polygamy is still illegal at the federal level in the US. Not sure about elsewhere.

I resurrect as a demented frost zombie ghost thing from "Game of Thrones" and begin marshalling an army of ice zombie minions to destroy you utterly. Mwahahahahahahaa!!!!!
    edited May 2014
    I think that polygamy is still illegal at the federal level in the US. Not sure about elsewhere.

I resurrect as a demented frost zombie ghost thing from "Game of Thrones" and begin marshalling an army of ice zombie minions to destroy you utterly. Mwahahahahahahaa!!!!!

Well I will... aaaahhh just shut .....

:D
    edited May 2014
    Well I will... aaaahhh just shut .....

I can bring the Eyeless in as backup, you know. I cross universes for my crazy meta fan-avatar jokes (like this one!), and I think that Shai'tan's Myrddraal minions are badass, in an evil way.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!

(OOC: this conversation gets crazier by the minute, as it should. :D)
    edited May 2014
    I can bring the Eyeless in as backup, you know. I cross universes for my crazy meta fan-avatar jokes (like this one!), and I think that Shai'tan's Myrddraal minions are badass, in an evil way.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!

(OOC: this conversation gets crazier by the minute, as it should. :D)

Sometimes I have no idea what you are actually talking about, but anyway now I know why you love these books so much. Yeaaahh Looks like something from Rosamunde Pilcher..
    edited May 2014
    Sometimes I have no idea what you are actually talking about, but anyway now I know why you love these books so much. Yeaaahh Looks like something from Rosamunde Pilcher..

Wheel of Time is awesome but you need a LOT of time to dedicate to it. Those books are LONG.

Anyway...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well it's not before time that the Romulan Marks were increased to double their current rewards!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    And congratulations to all those Gamebugs like Fleet Uniform Preview or KDF Delta Volanis Bug to their 1st Anniversary as well!!! :rolleyes:

Is the Delta Volanis bug really still present?? :eek: :confused:
    I have to admit - I have't been there lately, so I haven't checked if I can enter or not.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • kira30kira30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well since they like to make it where you can't even buy a ship from the store even if you had a billion Zen, until you reach that rank I only hit 50 a few days after their ship sale and so missed it...because of that, which is stupid imo, I get not allowing lowbies of any rank use a ship without proper access but if you get one for Zen even if you can't use it, you should be able to buy the damn thing and then keep it until you do level up to use it, my friends and I that joined with me and hit 50 a few days ago expected another sale for those ships for Romuluans just for the anniversary but I guess not, lol. :mad:
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My first thought was ...seriously?? The Romulan rep is already the easiest one to build, and now you double the rep marks & throw a superfluous bonus weekend on top of the FE Replay event?? It seems like Cryptic is fixated on mandatory weekend events from their staff, instead of fixing existing bugs and creating meaningful content. It's an enormous disappointment that S9 did not have 6-10 storyline missions, akin to the Romulan Mystery or even Spectres. No self-respecting (successful) franchise in the entertainment industry thinks they can satisfy their fan base with only a handful of new episodes...
    Problem with this is, the people who come up with new content (of any kind), aren't the same people who look for the bugs and fix them.

And if we asked them all to work on one area only? For those who aren't in their field, they wouldn't exactly know what to do... so the amount of help wouldn't be noticeable, but the content would suffer because they aren't doing their jobs.

Also, as their FE runs have proven, and all MMO's have proven; we players eat up content in hours what took weeks to create. A lot of effort for no profit, essentially... not exactly good for a smallish team.

^Basically the reality imo
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :D Would be a great time to update the staging area imo or maybe something new on new romulus after all for all there for all there progress they still have an underdeveloped homeworld or capital :rolleyes:
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nalo wrote: »
    :D Would be a great time to update the staging area imo or maybe something new on new romulus after all for all there for all there progress they still have an underdeveloped homeworld or capital :rolleyes:

i agree when well us romulans acctually see the buildings being finished? u would think with all that help and work shouldn't take more then a year to get alot of the buildings up by now lol.

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    You could always sell your FM, they used to be in the range of about 4000 ec per fm.

...Okay, you're going to have to explain how that works to me, because I'm not seeing any way for the Exchange to allow someone to sell their Fleet Marks; Fleet Mark Bonus Pools from Lock Boxes, yes, but not the actual Fleet Marks themselves.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why isn't this event listed in the in-game calendar?
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My Romulan rep is not touched much at all, and I will be getting back to it in July so this ill help. May try logging in this weekend to get my sole Rom near halfway.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is really nice, thanks for this wonderful event.

Everything is all good and all, but can we get an explanation please why the romulans are been denied a Security Officer contact to exchange contraband at New Romulus Command? What are the reasons behind this? Players are asking this since LoR yet not even a word from the Powers That Be. There were planty of oportunities to add one, this event included, along with S9 launch. And a copy-paste of a NPC cant be such a time consumming or hard to do, no disrespect...
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This change should be permanent since Romulan content have way to little reward per time unit. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...Okay, you're going to have to explain how that works to me, because I'm not seeing any way for the Exchange to allow someone to sell their Fleet Marks; Fleet Mark Bonus Pools from Lock Boxes, yes, but not the actual Fleet Marks themselves.

There is at least one way to translate FM into EC (Starbase doffs.) There's the principle for you, but not the way he's described.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    This is really nice, thanks for this wonderful event.

Everything is all good and all, but can we get an explanation please why the romulans are been denied a Security Officer contact to exchange contraband at New Romulus Command?

THIS. I never understood this. So many people in New Romulus Command and not even 1 single security officer.. lmao. :D, i always need to go to Q'nos to do the contraband assignm. And its really annoying, specially when you DONT NEED to go to Q'onos and you waste 1 transwarp destination timer.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kira30 wrote: »
    well since they like to make it where you can't even buy a ship from the store even if you had a billion Zen, until you reach that rank I only hit 50 a few days after their ship sale and so missed it...because of that, which is stupid imo, I get not allowing lowbies of any rank use a ship without proper access but if you get one for Zen even if you can't use it, you should be able to buy the damn thing and then keep it until you do level up to use it, my friends and I that joined with me and hit 50 a few days ago expected another sale for those ships for Romulans just for the anniversary but I guess not, lol. :mad:

Well they are of two minds on that it would seem. When I first started this game last year I purchased the LoR Pack (through Steam) with only a character at level 0. You just got boxed ships in your inventory that you couldn't open until you reached the requisite level. Same for the Steam Starter Pack - you got the Tier 1 Steamrunner and Tier 5 bot boxed, the latter not openable until you reached 50.

New characters that Claim that LoR Bundle also get a plethora of boxed ships as above.

They should indeed remove the restriction about level - a disclaimer would do just fine.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hdhsjsjsj please delete
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One quick note about the dev blog that needs correction: it states
    " These missions will also give out a Tal Shiar Lock Box that comes with a chance to win a Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser in addition to its normal rewards..."
    Actually, it's the Destroyer, not the Battlecruiser (that's the Lobi ship). This may have been pointed out elsewhere in the thread, but I wasn't going to dig through 11 pages to look for it.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
This discussion has been closed.