test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #21: Romulan Anniversary Event (Now Ended!)

12346»

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It worked fine the last time I tried it... Did you talk to the monks on top of Mount Seleya? Yeah... all the way up there..... It's annoying... instead of walking back down I base jump off the mountain.

Anyways, the surreal part is the way you interact with the Romulans. They really seem to treat you like a human. Not just a random Fed member but a human.

I totally agree that it made no sense for Vulcans to not know Vulcan history. that was weird too.

Seriously?

Man. That's a bit complicated.

And yeah, it DEFINITELY needs a revamp.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Man. That's a bit complicated.

And yeah, it DEFINITELY needs a revamp.
    There's 4 specific monks you need to talk to, but one is on top of Seleya and takes a while to reach.

Anyways, Mol'Rihan seems to be working now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While I appreciate the bonus week-end and increase to the Romulan Rep rewards, as others have stated it's already the easiest to complete.

If any Rep needs a bump in rewards it's the Defari Invasion zone for the Omega Rep. As a loather of all things STF, that's really the only place to earn Omega marks with any frequency. With rewards costing 1k marks and missions giving 5 marks per, the game will be shut down before I finish a set of anything Omega related even factoring in the new daily bonus marks.

Thanks for any consideration on this!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    papasez wrote: »
    While I appreciate the bonus week-end and increase to the Romulan Rep rewards, as others have stated it's already the easiest to complete.

If any Rep needs a bump in rewards it's the Defari Invasion zone for the Omega Rep. As a loather of all things STF, that's really the only place to earn Omega marks with any frequency. With rewards costing 1k marks and missions giving 5 marks per, the game will be shut down before I finish a set of anything Omega related even factoring in the new daily bonus marks.

You can always do STF's they are what I did and you gain a lot more Omega marks to
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You must be kidding.

Omega rep is the easiest to do. You get 225 marks an hour for doing the three space elite alone, unless you end up in a incompetent group that does not understand the optional goal.

No other rep is that easy to get mark in, and unlike the rest the best balanced space content on elite. :)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New romulus is still bugged it happened today and yesterday on my alt. I help out at the ruins or Vastam peaks as it asks me to i complete the mission and it is in cooldown but when in staging area and try and turn the mission in it says in progress, you fix one bug but another one still remains. Not amused anymore by the sheer incompetence of your engineers and the amount of bugs that have never been looked at since leagacy of romulus was released that it still in game.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cryptic,

I like the anniversary idea, and upping the rewards is a smart choice.:) However, saying I am currently not playing STO, due to content boredom, a new Romulan ship probably would have brought me back to the game again. But saying it's just another repeat drop box, which I have both ship variants of, I will continue to play other games.

cheers,
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If any Rep needs a bump in rewards it's the Defari Invasion zone for the Omega Rep...
    Defari Invasion Zone's problem is the associated ground stfs. Since the ground stfs barely trigger, the opportunity to run them comes in spurts.

Undine ground is the only one of its kind. All the other Undine mission queues are for space players. Its annoying.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    after doing staging ground....i think you guys should make the 4x rewards on NR permanent.....then that would make people do other stuff apart from epohh tagging...i did it and combined with the daily netted 122 marks, 40 from the staging and the remainder from the daily.....talk about awesome. i for one never grind epohhs as its to tedious to keep up and am actually getting tired of doing tau dewa defense everyday.

that and it would make doing NR ground far more worth it for the time spent running around ....40 marks per section is GREAT as it would take an hour or more to do the whole zone for the day.

that would be, if my math is correct, 200 marks per day just for NR alone, not including (overdone) epohh grinding and the tau dewa area....and that is without the daily box which would be gotten on the first zone done if one just did NR....I know i would have reason to stay thats for sure. I havent been to NR in over a year because it was worthless...now that im back to it, its pretty cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So I netted over twelve hundred marks in under two hours yesterday on my Fed, thanks to dailies and the event, plus the fact that I had all the missions already active before the event started (so I was basically running 2 copies of each mission at once, which is a nice bug even if it's no longer exploitable, at least for me). It would've been less time, except that I got bored and ran ISE in my Avenger just to laugh at a couple of Scimitars dying repeatedly.

Got myself a new shield array (Reman covariant, planning to save up and buy the Galaxy pack for the dreadnought cruiser and make it a Rommie-geared beam boat, then take it through STFs and make Scimitards weep), the flamethrower, and I'm most of the way through the Reman engines. I figure that even without the event, I'll be able to hit 250 marks a day with maybe an hour, hour and a half of work, not counting the daily bonus marks.

With daily bonuses, I'll be able to get full Romulan and Reman sets plus the console/torp/experimental beam set on my alts each in maybe two weeks.

This is a good thing, since the way it used to be meant 6 or more straight weeks of chasing rabbits. For each character.

So, to the devs: Thank you very much for both the event and the boost to Romulan reputation. This was an unequivocally good decision and you should all feel good about yourselves.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    reposted from my earlier post to show numbers:
    had2merge wrote: »
    The Radition Reports turn in isn't calculating properly.

The box says :

NR new standard should be NR should be during weekend
    Turn in 100 Radiation Reports for 8 Romulan Marks 16 32
    Turn in 200 Radiation Reports for 18 Romulan Marks 36 72
    Turn in 300 Radiation Reports for 30 Romulan Marks 60 120

When I clicked on the the turn in 300 Reports option, I received 45 Romulan Marks.

So I didn't get the double nor quadruple bonus of marks (since it's during this event and on New Romulus).

Unless my math is wrong, new bonus should be 60 and with event 120.

Also I tried the option of turn in 100 reports and received 12 Romulan Marks.

Shall I send in a Bug report and try to get the additional Romulan Marks? Or is this Working As Intended?
    .Stuff that's not specifically a mission award such as collections, get a 50% bump in reward rather than the double reward that's for mission rewards. So this is as intended

Season 9 Dev blog #21
    All mission rewards on New Romulus have had their Romulan Mark rewards doubled permanently. This includes all neighborhood missions, local events and reputation instances.

This does not include the epohh tagging daily mission (which rewards epohh research and not Romulan Marks).

The Romulan Rock Analyst will now reward 30 Romulan Marks for turning in 10 Resonating Rocks.
    Similarly, the Romulan Plant Analyst will now reward 30 Romulan Marks for 10 Glowing Plants.

Additionally, during New Romulus Weekend, which will run from May 22nd at 10AM PDT until May 27th at 10AM PDT, Romulan Mark rewards on New Romulus will be doubled again!

Amazingly both of these are local events just like Radiation collection

During these missions, the Tal Shiar Lock Box can drop which now comes with a chance to win a Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser in addition to its normal rewards (this still requires a Lock Box Key to open).

Romulan Mark rewards throughout the rest of the game, including PvE queues, will be rewarding 150 percent of their normal rewards. Jump into maps like Atmosphere Assault, Azure Nebula Rescue, Defend Rh’ihho Station, Mine Trap, The Vault: Ensnared, and Vault Shuttle Event.

CrypticFrost I have to disagree with your assertion that

"Stuff that's not specifically a mission award such as collections, get a 50% bump in reward rather than the double reward that's for mission rewards. So this is as intended"

that is not what the stated text from the Dev Blog implies.

Collect and Turn In Plant Samples old reward 10marks new reward 30marks as per dev blog

Collect and Turn In Geode, Crystal and Feldspar Samples old reward 10marks new reward 30 marks as per dev blog

That works out to a 2.0 reward modifier not the .5 modifier you stated and that is the stated new standard so it should have had the "Additionally, during New Romulus Weekend, which will run from May 22nd at 10AM PDT until May 27th at 10AM PDT, Romulan Mark rewards on New Romulus will be doubled again!" added to that which would mean that ALL NR Content on NR should be using a 4.0x mod during the anniversary and 2.0x thereafter.

It seems the coders got confused as the blog states that ANY MISSION ON New Romulus would get a 2.0x bump and 4.0x during the anniversary weekend then in addition.....
    ALL OTHER ROMULAN CONTENT NOT ON NEW ROMULUS would get a 1.5x mark boost

SO anyone that turned in their Elder Epohhs so far should have gotten 1600marks [4.0x bonus] and receive 800 marks [2.0x bonus] in the future as the epohh collection/mission/turn-in are on New Romulus as the text states that we would only NOT get bonus research points.

So far my Romulan and Reman alts think they have been getting the shaft during this Romulan Appreciation weekend. :rolleyes::eek::cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BTW, one of my characters reached T5 Romulan rep today and did the Cave mission for the T5 rewards. 1125 Mark payout was real sweet.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    BTW, one of my characters reached T5 Romulan rep today and did the Cave mission for the T5 rewards. 1125 Mark payout was real sweet.

Additionally, during New Romulus Weekend, which will run from May 22nd at 10AM PDT until May 27th at 10AM PDT, Romulan Mark rewards on New Romulus will be doubled again!

If the bonuses were working as advertised since you cashed in during anniversary celebration weekend and base reward is 750 rom marks you should have gotten 3000 rom marks as it is a mission reward. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.