test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #21: Romulan Anniversary Event (Now Ended!)

Comments

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd appreciate my embassy Romulans even more if I could SEE THEIR FACES... http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/205090/screenshot_2013-05-15-16-44-151339Pop.jpg

Holly **** that's creepy ! :eek:
    Just some floating hair, ears and eyeballs. lol
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You know what they say: The Tal Shiar have their eyes and ears everywhere ! :eek:
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    You know what they say: The Tal Shiar have their eyes and ears everywhere ! :eek:

but they should at least keep them on their heads! thats just gross man

i also agree with shpoks, about the Romulan faction still feeling a mite....incomplete.

i'm okay with them being allied with the feds and kdf, that's okay by me (other romulan players may disagree)

but the lack of basic services in New Romulus Command is appalling.

surely another floor or compound could be added to NRC as their own academy, after all the militia needs somewhere to train their officers.

and a security officer on NRC is another service that both main factions enjoy, but romulans somehow miss out. is it that hard to put in a static RR NPC that can take our contraband/prisoners/captured changelings?

i'd actually be content if just these things were addressed, i'm not even asking for all the other things shpoks mentioned. just throw us a bone Cryptic

P.S.: i do like the increase in rom marks across Mol'Rihan, my newest two characters will find them useful
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    Psst. A Romulan-themed ground set to be obtained from the New Romulus reputation system would probably have been a good plan, and would've encouraged people to amass the resources to actually make use of the Romulan mark bonus weekend and greater ground rewards.

Just think about it, Cryptic. :)

Hush, that is tomorrow's announcement.

The adapted cruiser becomes available again, nice. Lately people are speculating with the price of that ship and bumping it to 125-130M.

Now let's hope that key prices plummet. 2.6m for a key is not something i cam willing to pay.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No one must be doing the Rommy ground missions. So up the reward, makes sense. (I never did them anyway since the reward was TRIBBLE to start with.) Bunny Tagging is the way to go, even after they double the ground rewards. I have over 15k Rom Marks just from bunny hunts. :D

Sad to say, Cryptic, but few are going to do Rommy ground missions even at 2x the reward. I don't care how easy the missions are, if it's 'marks per minute' are not comparable to other events, players ain't gonna do them.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd like more details on which activities have received the permanent double marks. I'm not overly fond of New Romulus ground, but the space alternatives aren't exactly great sources of marks and it'd be great if this applied to ANR too.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I know, right? How'd you like that popping up every time your officer needs to talk to you...? And then have that happening for over a year? 1/4th the game's life...
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For the anniversary, can romulans get an avenger clone?! PLEEAASSEEE?

no the scimitar isnt enough. Some of us HATE the overcompensating batship.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My first thought was ...seriously?? The Romulan rep is already the easiest one to build, and now you double the rep marks & throw a superfluous bonus weekend on top of the FE Replay event??

Umm No dyson is actually the easiest or was , but now it may be tied.
    I'd like more details on which activities have received the permanent double marks. I'm not overly fond of New Romulus ground, but the space alternatives aren't exactly great sources of marks and it'd be great if this applied to ANR too.

All mission rewards on New Romulus have had their Romulan Mark rewards doubled permanently. This includes all neighborhood missions, local events and reputation instances.

maybe a different color will help you understand it more ... hint hint reputation instance mean ques as well so yes ANR is included.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Waitaminute......

I thought the Tal Shiar lockboxes gave the Adapted Destroyer, not the Adapted Battlecruiser from the lobi store. So do these have a chance for both? Or is the Destroyer replaced with the Battlecruiser?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TRIBBLE. Yes.

May you live long in Sto-Vo-Kor, Mr. Gray!

This is a good decision and you should all feel good about yourselves.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Waitaminute......

I thought the Tal Shiar lockboxes gave the Adapted Destroyer, not the Adapted Battlecruiser from the lobi store. So do these have a chance for both? Or is the Destroyer replaced with the Battlecruiser?

Oh good catch. I totally missed that. Yeah, that box drops the Destroyer, not the Battlecruiser.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Romulan marks were a bit of a bear to get outside of the epohh tagging, so the permanent doubling is welcome.

Along with the anniversary, it would be great to get a road-map for the Romulan Republic and how Cryptic plans to flesh them out into a full fledged faction instead of just a sub-faction of their chosen ally.

Even little things, like not tagging special reward BOFFs, like the FE Reman/Breen/Jem'haddar, the Lobi Liberated Borg Romulan, or the Dyson Rep Voth as belonging to our ally, offering RR Doffs from Colonization Assignment lines, giving RR its own computer voice. Being able to group with all Romulans, despite chosen ally. Heck, a lot of us would even be willing to grind up a actual Romulan Starbase from scratch.

There are lots of great threads about it in the Romulan section of the forums, maybe a Dev can take a read.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Oh good catch. I totally missed that. Yeah, that box drops the Destroyer, not the Battlecruiser.

The box drops both.... temporarily

You can win either of the ships now at the same % rate.

So you CAN win the Adapted Destroyer, and you CAN win the Adapted Battlecrusier from the Tal Shiar Lockbox during this weekend event.

~CaptainSmirk
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So you CAN win the Adapted Destroyer, and you CAN win the Adapted Battlecrusier from the Tal Shiar Lockbox during this weekend event.

~CaptainSmirk

Well now, that's interesting. Will all Tal Shiar boxes have this chance, or only the ones dropped from the event?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited May 2014

~CaptainSmirk

So there's about a 1 in 200 chance of a TSABC, and about a 1 in 200 chance of a TSAD?

Interesting. Might actually be worth opening the boxes with the explicit aim of getting a ship...

The blog implies that there will be a battlecruiser automatically added to every box on top of the normal rewards; could you please clarify that this is not the case in the blog before more people get confused? EDIT: NVM, I see that this has already been fixed. That, or I misread the blog on my first read.

Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    Wow.. Worffan is usually the first to post. Something happened.. :eek:

I was out. Watching X-men (don't ask how), and swimming (I have swim practice Tuesdays and Thursdays all evening).
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice to see the Rom marks payout is getting increased finally. Too bad I already finished the grind on every toon I intended to do it with, but whatever.

Nothing else looks worth getting excited over.

Call me when we either get an endgame Omega-analogous armor set for Romulans and/or the city of New Romulus itself is expanded including the Reman Undercity.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Hrmm, that is kind of nifty...I'm not big on popping boxes for anything but Lobi and my Lobi space gear addiction; but that is kind of nifty.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, sorry, but I have a complaint about the language of the Dev Blog. You see, it uses terms like "have had" and "will now"...

I'm on New Romulus right now on another computer - I'm not seeing any changes in the mark rewards; still five marks for "Building A New Future", six marks for a 100% New Rom Red Alert, 10 marks for the Atlai daily and so forth. When, exactly was this change supposed to happen again?

(And that's not commenting on a related subject - the number of Romulan Republic NPCs on New Romulus who, for some reason, are wearing Star Empire uniforms... like the Commander hailing you for the New Rom Red Alerts...)

Though I will chime in that the DIZ needs something like this proposed Mark boost too. It makes little to no sense that the primary Omega Mark-earning location is always rewarding twice as many fleet marks as Omega Marks - especially annoying if you're a NON-Fleet player there trying to earn Omega Marks to advance your rep to T4 for the Omega Graviton Pulse Module trait...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am aware of one person who won both a JHAS and a Tuffli from one Reinforcements pack during that first promo. So who knows, you could get stupidly lucky.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, sorry, but I have a complaint about the language of the Dev Blog. You see, it uses terms like "have had" and "will now"...

I'm on New Romulus right now on another computer - I'm not seeing any changes in the mark rewards; still five marks for "Building A New Future", six marks for a 100% New Rom Red Alert, 10 marks for the Atlai daily and so forth. When, exactly was this change supposed to happen again?

(And that's not commenting on a related subject - the number of Romulan Republic NPCs on New Romulus who, for some reason, are wearing Star Empire uniforms... like the Commander hailing you for the New Rom Red Alerts...)

Though I will chime in that the DIZ needs something like this proposed Mark boost too. It makes little to no sense that the primary Omega Mark-earning location is always rewarding twice as many fleet marks as Omega Marks - especially annoying if you're a NON-Fleet player there trying to earn Omega Marks to advance your rep to T4 for the Omega Graviton Pulse Module trait...

For the first bit... be patient. Whenever this stuff is promoted it only goes live when they patch the game to do so; the weekly maintenance isn't until Thursday, so we aren't likely to see it right this second. It'll be okay, though... we'll have the whole weekend (5/22 - 5/27) to get double the doubled Romulan Marks, and the rest of our time with the game to get the improved base rewards. This is a good thing, even if it doesn't really help those of us who have what we need from the Romulan Reputation anyway... at the very least we can convert them to dilithium directly or get a random rep box and dilithium on an hourly basis.

If you have a problem with the Blog's wording, you must really love the use of cannon vs. canon in forum discussions ;)

For the second bit... the Deferi Invasion Zone really isn't the primary source of Omega Marks, that's the ESTF's. Defera is absolutely glorious for trying to get Fleet Holding upgrades done, though, and does also give some Omega Marks (as well as Crafting XP and neat consumables if you bother with it). As far as grinding for the Rep, you can easily run a Defera lap and fund the [Daily] project now that they added a daily bonus mark box to all the Rep missions (Omega included); you can even use Sponsorship to double the rate at which your other characters progress in any given Reputation if you've got one at Tier 5. Fleets don't have daily bonus mark boxes or Sponsorship...

Please don't nerf the best source of Fleet Marks in the game for the sake of making sense; we have T-Rex's with freaking lasers on their head, dang it, and space-magic, and Starfleet captains in Breen ships with Romulan crew :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All mission rewards on New Romulus have had their Romulan Mark rewards doubled permanently.
    [/blog]

At first, I was excited to hear that the mark rewards had been doubled.
    Then I read this line again to confirm the information and now I'm not excited.

The only Romulan mark content I do is Tau Dewa Sector patrol, I'm so bored with New Romulus I actively avoid participating in anything beyond getting my transporter patterns registered and the story missions you get each tier.

So this update gives me nothing.

And really, 25$ off the 150$ pack if we go through c-store (it is not discounted on Steam!)?
    That's not enough to motivate me to buy it.
    Drop the price to 50$ and then I'll buy it.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All mission rewards on New Romulus have had their Romulan Mark rewards doubled permanently. This includes all neighborhood missions, local events and reputation instances.

maybe a different color will help you understand it more ... hint hint reputation instance mean ques as well so yes ANR is included.

That isn't a very clear description. Reputation instances might mean the special missions tied to the rep or something like that, especially since ANR is not on New Romulus. I'd prefer an official answer to your speculation.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have the bad feeling there is an massive increase of zen needed ingame.

- new awesome lock box ship -> Key Sale. Last Year keys where about 1.3-1.4 mio EC (Do something against the EC inflation, it's mainly used for exchange nowadays. )

- ship sale
    - legacy pack sale

extra rom marks event weren't necessary. The sommerevent will provide a few thousand marks from breeding. But a generell increase is good to have. The Pve weren't compateable to STF, CE. Not sure about how they compare to the udine missions (not enough experience with times calculating a time:marks ratio.)
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2014
    This month marks the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online: Legacy of Romulus, providing us with an opportunity to revisit the accomplishments of the Romulan Republic over the past year! Join the celebrations we're having this weekend from 5/22 10AM PDT to 5/27 10AM PDT! Lead Content Designer, Charles Gray talks more about the about the exciting changes coming in our latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy

And congratulations to all those Gamebugs like Fleet Uniform Preview or KDF Delta Volanis Bug to their 1st Anniversary as well!!! :rolleyes:
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I was out. Watching X-men (don't ask how), and swimming (I have swim practice Tuesdays and Thursdays all evening).

Oh thank god, you are still..you :D

Even after the film.
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why not move Republic Day to the 22nd of May and give Day of Honour it's own day rather than celebrating them all on one day, it'll make each faction seem more distinct.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You could always sell your FM, they used to be in the range of about 4000 ec per fm.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I need a grand total of... 70 marks across two (Out of my three) characters to hit T5, so this won't be too helpful to me just now, BUT(!) I intend on eventually having nine characters, one for each faction and career path (Well, I'll only have three Romulans, as fun as I found them, I am NOT having three each for Fed or Klingon aligned), so in time I will greatly appreciate the permanent doubling. It also doesn't hurt that I quite enjoy most of New Romulus for the change in pace.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.