What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why no female suit with Formal Wear?

13»

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    The most you can hope for is gender neutral selections. This isn't a public venue and no matter what may be politically correct in this confused real world we live in, what happens in the game is controlled by people who might have more conservative interests. They simply don't have to include things that they feel the majority of their audience may not be comfortable with.
    Star Trek Online will not benefit from ugly men running around in lacy gowns, but a woman in a suit has no uncomfortable sexual overtones to make investors cringe.
    That said, they would need to redesign these clothing options to fit the female body shape, it isn't simply a matter of just turning on an option.

On some of this stuff, I would be fine with it as a new costume pack. Suits for women (which, hey, you need some form of if you're ever doing Dixon Hill, just have dress/pants versions) and maybe for symmetry's sake, some kind of lounge lizard suit for men that roughly parallels the frilly dress. Like something Trelane would wear, maybe, as that would have a similar level of frilly flash? Or if we're being "skin equitable" maybe a euro clubbing suit with a tank top and capris.

Likewise, I think we could stand another MU costume pack rather than worrying about perfect gender parity. Include the 1st officer jacket for women, Mirror Kirk tanktop for men, some of the medals not found in the current bundles, and a proper right-side MU Terran Empire badge for all uniforms that can fit that. Maybe also a good place for the Mirror MACO patch.

I can see several places where equalizing gender or adding missing costumes options can be a C-Store thing.

I'd be fine with the Enterprise-C variant of WoK being C-Store even though it's mostly just a WoK uniform minus collar if it got bundled with WoK crewmen uniforms and, say, the inbetween WoK/S1 TNG uniform Janeway's dad wore on Voyager. (It looks a lot like the TNG later season admiral coat but there's no collar, the cut is more like the WoK uniform, and it has WoK piping in the back). I know the reason why most "lost years" stuff looks a bit off is because Roddenberry hated the WoK uniform but lacked the budget to do anything new. I like to see Janeway's dad's uniform as the proper uniform Picard would have worn as Captain of the Stargazer and not just a weird admiral variant. They'd always wanted a proper "inbetween" design and it was late into Voyager by the time they actually got one.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I also favor the interpretation that Garth of Izar's outfit was a transitional uniform used between the Kelvin and the TOS The Cage uniforms. The Enterprise suits even resemble it a bit.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I were a girl I would totally wear something like this. But that glorified tube top they have in game? Bleeeeeeah. Those shoes are UGLY. DX

ooooooooo, i like that dress. i wouldnt mind wearing it. change the color to purple with red highlights though. as for the ingame dresses, i like them, though i would also like to be able to wear a suit.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would be interesting to see more clothing options copied from the numerous civilian outfits we've seen on Star Trek over the years.
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Gorn in dresses is canon.

So where are they...?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Totally agree, a proper suit. Or at least something that isn't just designed to show off as much as possible.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oracion666 wrote: »
    ooooooooo, i like that dress. i wouldnt mind wearing it. change the color to purple with red highlights though. as for the ingame dresses, i like them, though i would also like to be able to wear a suit.

Question of taste. I personally think that dress is really horrible .. lol. I will NEVER EVER wear that.. lol.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies .

Please do not respond to posts that violate forum rules.

~Bluegeek
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oracion666 wrote: »

You have taste. :cool:
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Okay, how did you get from "This guy likes women in suits & ties with short hair and no makeup" to "he is homosexual"? Don't you think that "women" part kinda kills your assumption?

Personally, I don't understand that mentality either. According to some people liking something like this makes you TRIBBLE? :confused:
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally, I don't understand that mentality either. According to some people liking something like this makes you TRIBBLE? :confused:
    Saved.

Though she needs to lose those shoes and purse.
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Saved.

Though she needs to lose those shoes and purse.

She runs a fashion blog. Nice lady.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thread moved to more appropriate feedback forum
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Yes. we need something like this!

http://imgur.com/z1fOeIL
    The jacket's too short, it needs to come down below the waist.... and the cuffs need to actually come up to the wrist.

I like the idea though. :DPerhaps more like this? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    asovanra wrote: »
    Cross-dressers don't exist in the 24th century, thank goodness!

Skant says hi
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Skant says hi

Skants are unisex. Crossdressing requires something actually feminine in the slightest, which the skant definitely isn't.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Skant says hi

And all the Scotsman rejoiced.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    THIS:
    Scotty_in_kilt.jpg
    Needs to be in the game. If it's not Scotish, it's TRIBBLE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Must have kilts.
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would dress my officers in the appropriate kilts if they were available.

Namely, the Polaris Military Tartan.