test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Bugs List

Comments

• zaladazalada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For at least 2 of my ships, I cannot change the hull material appearance. Randomize, select, etc. there is no change to the look. When I log in the ship looks correct, but in game it has a completely wrong appearance and has since the release of the new season.
  • verizyneverizyne Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aside from the mentioned FE issue on all charas (I can't replay and now I can't log in to check to see if I fixed it with a log out.)

But... well... my Overflow bag won't open. oO

Edit: Well I got on and now everything works. So ignore the above. XD
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can no longer assign 2 of the same purple deflector officers - Kuvok - to space tasks. I can still assign 2 or 3 different deflector officers, but not more than 1 of the same. Other ships and setups with 2 or 3 of the same purple technicians or gravimetric scientists will load fine from the loadout, however.
  • deathomightdeathomight Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cinematic focus (depth of field) setting seems to blur everything into oblivion in a way that didn't happen prior to season 9. Seen several people complain about it ingame all of which said it was fixed by turning off said setting, I suggest someone take a look at it to fix it.

i5 cpu, Nvidia 670 graphics, Windows 8.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    “The organic nature of Undine bioships allows their hull to passively regenerate at a higher rate than most starships can be repaired. This increased regenerative capacity offers even more durability to these already formidable vessels.”

The improved hull regen seems to be broken or not doing what player expected. The Undine ships have the worst hull regen out of any ships I own. Hull regen is so low as to be next to useless.
  • areniusnastradoareniusnastrado Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bloodtak3r wrote: »
    Whats up with Breach Space Elite.
    Getting 1 shot from 12km+ out from the turrets on the hardpoints.

No it isn't my ship or my build I sit at close to 65% resist when I go up against them.
    Just happened after season 9

The turrets are doing insane amounts of dmg as well as the bullwark but its mainly the turrets. 100k+ most of the time.

I know this is nothing to do with the rep powers either as I can fly any other mission and still be tanky.

I understand making them stronger but this is a bit much.

I had the same experience with one of my chars. I pretty much got one shot on my tank skilled engineer by turrents and nearly one shot by the bullwarks
    Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened. (Winston Churchill)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My only real complaint/request is to remove/fix the bug that makes it where I hear every new Season 8 voice over every time I load into a new instance.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it something other than the borg as an actual formidable enemy in the game to wipe out or get wiped by :P lol.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been able to repro this with a Bajoran and a Gorn. This looks to be a less than 100% repro issue as one of us in QA has a Gorn on Holodeck that is not affected. In any case, this is off to software.

Thanks for the report.

UPDATE:
    It also appears that this issue and issue with invalid skills for which the Respec button does not work are two symptoms of the same issue.

Yeah I know this one a friend of mine has the problem on gorn and lethean but my gorn and lethean do not seem to be affected.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There have been some reports on the Voth content (not just the Elite content, but even the Space Zone) having gone up in difficulty:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1093811
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1093001
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • buddingherobuddinghero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ship keeps unloading my loadouts when I warp to a new sector or map.
  • distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another set of patch notes with a "Known Issues" list that's absurdly tiny. No mention of Season 9 breaking DirectInput, preventing joystick control.
  • tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ship keeps unloading my loadouts when I warp to a new sector or map.

Yep, still doing it for me!
    Aceman67.png
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    darthwoo wrote: »
    I can't seem to complete the new FE. I don't want to spoil anything, but suffice it to say the mission objective is to defeat the enemy near an asteroid field. I and my NPC allies have scoured the entire orbit of the planet and can find no other enemies than all the ones we've destroyed. The mission will not progress.

Edit: Just to be sure, I exited the system and restarted that portion of the mission. Same thing happens, only this time I notice one of the main NPC allies is stuck in one of the shipyards. I don't know if that would have anything to do with the broken mission though.

Edit 2: OK, guess third time is a charm. Not quite sure what happened, but it seems like a mission trigger didn't go off at the right time the first two runs.

Had the same issue, haven't yet played through to a successful conclusion.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • trekclaviustrekclavius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't seen any other reports about this, so maybe it's just me, but after the update, when things get hairy in space combat (lots of ships, explosions, torpedos & beams, etc., especially in Starbase 24), my framerate drops to less than a frame a second--basically unplayable. It was ok (if not great) before the update.

Has anyone else seen this? I don't think it's my system settings, because I haven't changed anything since the update but the difference is huge.:confused:
  • kimmyyumkimmyyum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Issue: hotbar abilities don't save during mapswitches

Hotbar abilities are moved/removed/reset when loading from a space map to a ground map and then back to a space map. I've been able to reproduce the ability in multiple maps. Other people seem to have had this issue as well. Interestingly all cases I've read so far were on recently created KDF-aligned Romulans, but that may be coincidence.

Reproduction steps:

1. I'm in a space map
    2. I set hotbars up to my liking
    3. I load into a ground map
    4. I load into a space map
    5. My hotbar setup is changed

I have uploaded a short movie to youtube to illustrate the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MX4kaK1ZAY

I would've made a thread for this issue specifically, but I haven't been registered long enough to create threads yet.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Let's keep this one up at the top, shall we? To stop multiple threads on the same subject.
  • tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmyyum wrote: »
    Issue: hotbar abilities don't save during mapswitches

Hotbar abilities are moved/removed/reset when loading from a space map to a ground map and then back to a space map. I've been able to reproduce the ability in multiple maps. Other people seem to have had this issue as well. Interestingly all cases I've read so far were on recently created KDF-aligned Romulans, but that may be coincidence.

Reproduction steps:

1. I'm in a space map
    2. I set hotbars up to my liking
    3. I load into a ground map
    4. I load into a space map
    5. My hotbar setup is changed

I have uploaded a short movie to youtube to illustrate the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MX4kaK1ZAY

I would've made a thread for this issue specifically, but I haven't been registered long enough to create threads yet.

I get this with my Fed Science officer that I created when Se9 came out, but all my other characters are unaffected (Kling Tac, Rom-Fed Eng, Fed Eng, Sci, Tac) since they were created Pre-Season 9.

The only difference between mine and yours is that my hotbars are totally wiped (All 3 of them)
    Aceman67.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been able to repro this with a Bajoran and a Gorn. This looks to be a less than 100% repro issue as one of us in QA has a Gorn on Holodeck that is not affected. In any case, this is off to software.

Thanks for the report.

UPDATE:
    It also appears that this issue and issue with invalid skills for which the Respec button does not work are two symptoms of the same issue.

I've got it on my Lethean but not my Bajoran. Can't test with my Romulan 'cause she's only level 24.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another set of patch notes with a "Known Issues" list that's absurdly tiny. No mention of Season 9 breaking DirectInput, preventing joystick control.

Also no mention of all the bump mapping and normal mapping on all characters being completely gone.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to ask this for a friend any one else not able to get the helmet in the maco mkxii armor set.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • dragore94123dragore94123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my ship is stuck or it cannot move worth a darn. i have no idea whats going on. when i am in a system my ship dose not move almost at all
  • johnluckpicardjohnluckpicard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for some reason my action bar keeps resetting.. to useless nothingness
  • colonelkiracolonelkira Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Haven't read the posts before, so it might be, that it already got mentioned...

Fleet Technician Trait isn't working. That's the hull heal you get from using engineering fleet. Fleet Physicist (shield heal, when using sci fleet) is working though. And yes, i have the first one set as active.
    58. / SvK
  • swgs1994swgs1994 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Since season 9 was released I've serious problem with using my skills because they're mising from menu :confused: (Ambush, Stealth Module etc.).

I have no problem with space skills, and Lock Tray works fine, but please could you look on this issue again because yesterday patch (25.04.2014) doesn't repaired this problem for me.
  • jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for some reason my action bar keeps resetting.. to useless nothingness

I am having a similar problem, it keeps resetting itself, so I'm forever having to mess about with it to get it right, only for it to change again!! I am saving it as well in the ship loadout.

Also, active space duty officers, keep defaulting with no action on my part, so I change them to what suits my particular ship, save this, and then when I go back to it, it's defaulted again, grrrrr..

Oh, and the exchange isn't working right..... Although it's letting me list items for sale, I can't view them when I do a search.....:confused:
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There have been some reports on the Voth content (not just the Elite content, but even the Space Zone) having gone up in difficulty:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1093811
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1093001

yes many and i mean many can confirm this. its not one pve or daily its any content with those nice voth turrets or ships

a simple dyson space daily which was easy peasy before.

is like oh god shields scotty shields damn it!

breach elite that was funny, of us and I be the junior guy and never had an issue before our teamspeak lit up like a christmas tree and wow the feedback ;)

then I started reading forums, and noticed all the official bug reports on it. then saw the last patch notes and went ummm..

so just quoting this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. as this needs to be reviewed by the powers that be for changes that happened before and after.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've heard of a workaround for the active space doffs bug ... anyone knows about it?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• turbosmiglowiecturbosmiglowiec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    New bridge officers instead of going to the leaderboards, jump into inventory. I can't finish any daily mission.
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have missing costume items, and whenever i go to change an outfit at the tailor it makes me start from scratch instead of just changing the one thing i wanted to, and as some items are now missing i cant edit that outfit without loosing an item that i want to keep. :(
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • nodithnodith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Doff put on space roster move back to reserve after changing chars.

Daily missions like "The big dig" cant be completed even if the instance was finished.