test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Bugs List

Comments

• keliike047keliike047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My problem is more direct: when I log into STO, after 20-30 seconds in-game the entire game freezes. Graphics and sound no longer respond and the mouse no longer moves. Its as if the entire game is dead. I had assumed this is due to massive lag based off of the release of the new season, but after several days I am not certain what is wrong.

I just began a lifetime subscription and I think unless Cryptic can answer my problems or address this issue, I may be suffering from buyer's remorse
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Controllers not working

This has been reported to software.
    STO QA Team
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [QUOTE=markfalcone;16511171I noticed you posted that Romulans who were with KDF could now replay the featured episode. What about everyone else? None of my characters can replay. It always wants me to go "talk to D'Tan". I even went so far as to go to the flotilla, but D'Tan won't talk to me.[/QUOTE]

I still have this problem, no change at all, I hope they get it fixed before the end of the fe period.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    keliike047 wrote: »
    My problem is more direct: when I log into STO, after 20-30 seconds in-game the entire game freezes. Graphics and sound no longer respond and the mouse no longer moves. Its as if the entire game is dead. I had assumed this is due to massive lag based off of the release of the new season, but after several days I am not certain what is wrong.

I just began a lifetime subscription and I think unless Cryptic can answer my problems or address this issue, I may be suffering from buyer's remorse

S9 just dropped yesterday. If you've had these issues for several days already it's probably something pre-existing.
  • katarnuskatarnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lobi purchased Jem'hadar Armor Mk XII is not displaying.

It doesn't show up in any of the tailoring options, and right clicking the item does not show a "display visual" button as with some of the reputation armors.

I have 6 characters with this set, same is true for all of them.
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2014
    After capture, before the big Planet Killers, some points in the Space Battlezone are spamming Undine to recap the points. This seems to be preventing us from getting to the Planet Killers.

I could try to stop people from fighting the Undine to see if it resets the point after the Undine recap it, but that's kind of difficult as I'm just one person & people like to blow up things.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    I also haven't received daily reward.. Recovered 4 mineral samples but seems like game didn't recognized that I completed the missions.. It still tells me that I need to complete it in order to receive the reward.

its the same for the Big Dig.
  • bluejacketbluejacket Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Starships can no longer bank in combat they just move in space like they are on a flat road.
    edited April 2014
    keliike047 wrote: »

I'm going to refer you to the PC, Network and Other Technical Issues section of the forum. The folks there may be better able to assist you.
    STO QA Team
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Even if it's not in any patch note or know issue this bug is still realy anoying for more than 6 month.

Wenever I get stuff in overflow bag while a mission, if I get back to a vendor to make room in inventory, once there's like 60 free room, if I clic on overflow bag it wont open.

Switching chars, turning on & off computer wont help at least for many hours, sometimes it's like 24h before I can open overflow bag. doing that on any chars btw.

any plan on fixing that ?
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
    edited April 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »
    I still have this problem, no change at all, I hope they get it fixed before the end of the fe period.

I've put in a bug to get the messaging improved, but for now to replay the Featured Episode, open your Journal to the Episodes Tab and find "Surface Tension" to get the Replay button.
    STO QA Team
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the mission from that special weekend is still there 'reinforcements' for romulan chars and still stuck at 1 speak with cmdr Rojal completed and another one uncomplete and unable to complete it.
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »

Don't worry. Captainsmirk had responded that the rewards for the new featured episode will be available "forever and always". Which means none of the rewards are a limited time offer (for a change).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On one account my female Ferengi Science toon, level mid 30s, has only the traits that was slotted prior to Update 9.

Another account has the same issue, this time with a female Ferengi Engineer, level mid 30s. No traits available outside of the traits that was slotted prior to the update.

No issues that I can see with the Ferengi Tactical toon, has a whole list of Space and Ground traits to choose from... wish it was sorted via space/ground.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been able to repro this with a Bajoran and a Gorn. This looks to be a less than 100% repro issue as one of us in QA has a Gorn on Holodeck that is not affected. In any case, this is off to software.

Thanks for the report.

UPDATE:
    It also appears that this issue and issue with invalid skills for which the Respec button does not work are two symptoms of the same issue.

Thank you for acknowledging the problem. Hope your code crunchers can figure out what's causing it. And it's not clear in my original post on this thread, but it makes sense that the problems are two symptoms of the same issue, seems like everyone is having the same "Invalid Skills" and lack of racial traits at the same time.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cross-posting this, since it's related to the NPCs in ESD, and I don't know if the model was touched during Season 9 development.
    The model for the female Odyssey uniform has really odd elbow behavior. The arms look fine when straight, but when the character bends her elbows, this happens.

I don't know if it's been this way for a while, but I've been noticing it due to the NPCs in ESD switching to the Odyssey uniform.

All the other tops I've checked are fine, and males wearing the Odyssey uniform don't have this problem, either.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hourly reputation projects can only be run 2 times, not 3, and they aren't resetting at 20 hours. It's been over 24 hours since my last ones completed and I'm still only getting the substitute hourly projects that reward dilithium and no experience.

We have a thread about it here.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aquarius Destroyer - Ship costume color palette & windows only changeable after hitting the randomize button; hull material only changeable with the randomize button; veteran hull material missing from hull material options.

Undine Assault - Respawning or bad positioning will result in being stuck in geometry for the whole of the queue, /stuck command & relogging does not fix the issue.

Undine Biotech Armor (Lobi Store) - Color palettes missing from pieces of armor, only half the color selections on existing color palettes work, the working half of the color selections on existing pieces of armor don't/won't/can't match colors with the Wrist Lance.

Will add more as they are found.
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    Undine Assault - Respawning or bad positioning will result in being stuck in geometry for the whole of the queue, /stuck command & relogging does not fix the issue.

I can confirm that, I had whole team stuck in invisible walls/geometry within the spawn point.
  • kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the rep tree breaks when you have some skills that are invalid can when u use the free respec
    supplied by the invalid skill tree it does nothin
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Last night I flew into ESD to dock (did not use the dock button, got close to the doors for the automatic transition), when I beamed in, I was under the playable area of the map:

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

Nice view :)

When I walked forward, I fell through the geometry, respawned in the same location, walked forward and fell through again, but this time ended up respawning on the transporter. I haven't reproduced this yet.
    edited April 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    Hourly reputation projects can only be run 2 times, not 3, and they aren't resetting at 20 hours. It's been over 24 hours since my last ones completed and I'm still only getting the substitute hourly projects that reward dilithium and no experience.

We have a thread about it here.

Thanks for pointing this out. Under investigation.
    STO QA Team
  • keliike047keliike047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to refer you to the PC, Network and Other Technical Issues section of the forum. The folks there may be better able to assist you.

Thanks for your help, sorry to complain. I know you are all trying your best but it gets frustrating when it occurs more than 15 times. Sadly, I read that i'm not the only person with this problem :(
  • jerikhaerjerikhaer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm hoping for a word on this issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090801

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1089851

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090021 (the screenshot on this one is especially worth looking at)

I have not experienced this on all of my characters, but the ones who have this are pretty much unplayable. Weapons getting switched around or unequipped completely, doffs that won't stay slotted or can't get slotted at all. I have a fleetmate who can't go through a single map transition without his shields getting unequipped. Please fix this!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't worry. Captainsmirk had responded that the rewards for the new featured episode will be available "forever and always". Which means none of the rewards are a limited time offer (for a change).

That was borticuscryptic :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • beldacarbeldacar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry if it's been posted already, but did search and didn't find anything on the topic.

Bridge officer candidates seem to be going straight to inventory, even if I have free spots on the Stations page. Normally you can have up to twelve candidates waiting for use. Right now, my Klingon LtGen has no one but K'Gan (claimed him, decided not to commission him yet) in his list, and all the other candidates are going straight to inventory. This includes new ones from duty officer assignments as well as ones that I have mailed to myself.

The issue also appears to be affecting the rest of my captains, i.e. some have free slots but new boffs have shown up in their inventory. Not going to test them, though; not enough room in either mailbox or inventory.
  • tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been having this issue all morning:

Every time I transition from a Space map to a ground map, then back to space, all my action bars are reset and I have to drag all the powers to where I had them.

This even happens on missions that have you going Space-->ground-->space

It even happens when you beam down to ESD/Academy and back to your ship.

I tried to reproduce this on my main characters that were created Pre-Season 9, but it doesn't effect them.

Really frustrating.

On another entirely different note, I created a new character to play through the new Revamped Fed Klingon war arc, and I skipped the tutorial (I played it last season, so I skipped it), I was given a Medic Science Kit and Scientist module, which can't be used together, and on top of that, they were for a Lieutenant Commander, so my Captain was with out a kit for 10 levels. Methinks this needs to be fine-tuned a little.
    Aceman67.png
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Strange tailor bug - I have put in a ticket in game.

I had two boffs that had armor visuals enabled when the patch dropped - all other boffs and my character did not.

Post-patch, all of my boffs and character can use armor visuals in the Uniform Section of the tailor, EXCEPTING these two. I tried changing the armor they were using (was Jem Hadar Mk XI set before patch, now using armor given as a mission reward for the new Borg missions), and also tried recreating their uniforms from scratch - but still no armor options in the Uniform section.

I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that their armor visuals were toggled on before the patch, and the removal of the toggles, but not sure.

Otherwise, haven't seen too much out of the ordinary, so for a season launch, not too shabby! :)
  • jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but in the "What's New in Season 9" notes under "Kits" it basically says that Common Kit Modules can be bought from Vendors for Energy Credits.

I've checked just about every vendor in the game across all three factions and I can't find any that sell Kit Modules for Energy Credits.

I know this doesn't seem like a major bug but it's keeping all my characters from using the new kits (lack of modules to equip them with).

Is this a bug an error in the notes or what?

Thanks for any assistance you can render.
  • bloodtak3rbloodtak3r Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whats up with Breach Space Elite.
    Getting 1 shot from 12km+ out from the turrets on the hardpoints.

No it isn't my ship or my build I sit at close to 65% resist when I go up against them.
    Just happened after season 9

The turrets are doing insane amounts of dmg as well as the bullwark but its mainly the turrets. 100k+ most of the time.

I know this is nothing to do with the rep powers either as I can fly any other mission and still be tanky.

I understand making them stronger but this is a bit much.