Install Arc
Options

Are you coming back for Season 9??

13»

Comments

• Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everyone will use the same build, eh? Sorry, not possible. Just so you know, I couldn't care less about what build's the best, I will do whatever I want with whatever build I choose, even if it's not the "prescribed" build. So, saying that everyone will use the same build is intrinsically false.

Also, Cryptic isn't stealing anything from you (you keep repeating this lie over and over on the off-chance that it is made true). You still have all of your powers, you just don't have the room to slot them all.

Regarding the bolded part of your post (my emphasis): that's only your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it.

Everyone who knows what they are doing will find the Uber combo. If I had the inclination, I would find it and use it on every toon. People who have no idea what they are doing...such as noobs...will not use the most Uber combination of traits. All it tells me is that you were a player of below average skill who thinks this nerf will close the gap between you and elite players. News flash...it won't.

All this nerf does is take away what was freely given based on short sightedness. It is downright disgusting when you call it what it is.

-Cryptic created the reps as a means of easily forcing players to play content.
    -Rewarded grinding with stackable passives
    -Saw that players like the passives
    -Continued to make reps to justify boring PVE
    -Realized it would take EFFORT to keep it in check long term
    -Decided to cap players while expecting them to continue the grind

Tell me...with the existance of Fleet gear, the hard cap on passives, and the undeniable existance of the uber passive combo...why should ANYONE do the Undine Rep, or any future rep? There is no more incentive. I only did the reps for passives...nothing more. Reps are now redundant.

This is why I am mad. The rep system was just about perfect. All they had to do was create a difficulty beyond Elite in PVE and none of this would be an issue. Had they of thought about the future beyond 6 months and put effort into the new content...we would not be in this mess.

The players are paying for the short sightedness of the devs. This is what makes me mad. We should not have to pay for their mistakes.

Why should players do anything in this game when Cryptic basicslly established that they will nullify and nerf your effort when they feel the players are getting too good at the game.

There are bigger causes of creep in this game than the passives...but all those things make money. Fleet gear, lock box ships, to name a few. Why isn't fleet gear getting the nerf? Why not nerf the JHAS? If they did that...people would close the wallets...and the METRICS would look bad.

I am disgusted by Season 9 - The Cryptic TRIBBLE Job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Everyone who knows what they are doing will find the Uber combo. If I had the inclination, I would find it and use it on every toon. People who have no idea what they are doing...such as noobs...will not use the most Uber combination of traits. All it tells me is that you were a player of below average skill who thinks this nerf will close the gap between you and elite players. News flash...it won't.

All this nerf does is take away what was freely given based on short sightedness. It is downright disgusting when you call it what it is.

-Cryptic created the reps as a means of easily forcing players to play content.
    -Rewarded grinding with stackable passives
    -Saw that players like the passives
    -Continued to make reps to justify boring PVE
    -Realized it would take EFFORT to keep it in check long term
    -Decided to cap players while expecting them to continue the grind

Tell me...with the existance of Fleet gear, the hard cap on passives, and the undeniable existance of the uber passive combo...why should ANYONE do the Undine Rep, or any future rep? There is no more incentive. I only did the reps for passives...nothing more. Reps are now redundant.

This is why I am mad. The rep system was just about perfect. All they had to do was create a difficulty beyond Elite in PVE and none of this would be an issue. Had they of thought about the future beyond 6 months and put effort into the new content...we would not be in this mess.

The players are paying for the short sightedness of the devs. This is what makes me mad. We should not have to pay for their mistakes.

Why should players do anything in this game when Cryptic basicslly established that they will nullify and nerf your effort when they feel the players are getting too good at the game.

There are bigger causes of creep in this game than the passives...but all those things make money. Fleet gear, lock box ships, to name a few. Why isn't fleet gear getting the nerf? Why not nerf the JHAS? If they did that...people would close the wallets...and the METRICS would look bad.

I am disgusted by Season 9 - The Cryptic TRIBBLE Job

Don't let the door hit you on the TRIBBLE on the way out, and make sure you hand your keys in.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't let the door hit you on the TRIBBLE on the way out, and make sure you hand your keys in.

He makes valid points.

The PvE heros have been ruining this game since s7 :P
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That was helpful reply . . . God forbid someone post something with actual thought behind it.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That was helpful reply . . . God forbid someone post something with actual thought behind it.

They are. But it gets boring when someone repeats exactly the same opinion ad infinitum in pretty much every post they make in every thread they post in.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would quote MC Skibbadee:

"Deal with the matter, deal with it proper."

It's also what I imagine certain doffs singing to themselves as they shovel anti-matter into the stoke-holds. That is how a warp core works, right?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    over the last month my friends list has taken a severe beating

So has my fleet......................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will NOT make the mistake i made with the dyson rep system of leveling all my alts right away. I spent 15 minutes in the ground battle zone doing missions i now do in 5 minutes. I will play the undine ground zone with one alt until I master it ( which is beyond easy now that they nerf the game for new players.) Then I will play in a manner that maximizies my loot take in that 5 minutes and finally level my alts at max reward play. ( 90% of players will never figure this out and the more they nerf it , the easier for the best players to do even better. )
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would quote MC Skibbadee:

"Deal with the matter, deal with it proper."

It's also what I imagine certain doffs singing to themselves as they shovel anti-matter into the stoke-holds. That is how a warp core works, right?

What I would give for a Galaxy 999 style space train.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ive just loged on to check the patch nerfs n i dont like it so i wont be redown loading the game ill check back in a few mths to see if there have undone the nerfs if not i wont ever look on this forum or play the game.

Everyone has the right too there own view on the multiple nerfs in the patch nerfs so guys dont be abusive to each other.
    Bye all the last few years have been fun but its not for me any more.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Ive just loged on to check the patch nerfs n i dont like it so i wont be redown loading the game ill check back in a few mths to see if there have undone the nerfs if not i wont ever look on this forum or play the game.

Everyone has the right too there own view on the multiple nerfs in the patch nerfs so guys dont be abusive to each other.

I can haz yer stuffz?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »

I dunno, how about playing it for a bit then deciding if you want to keep playing it?

Yeah, everyone has the right to their opinion. Everyone even has the right to keep bothering on about their opinion. Doesn't mean everyone has to like the fact people keep banging on about summat they've not even played properly yet.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been interested in the new storyline stuff(and intentionally stayed away from it on tribble), so I'll be hopping on to check that out. The last Featured episode was quite a cliffhanger and I want to know if the borg/undine story arc has any explanation to offer regarding why mechanically-compatible/susceptible Undine ships are.. a thing.

Otherwise, I already reached the breaking point about a month or two back when I discovered what was coming. After the way the Romulans were handled, the absurdity of the Dyson Science Destroyers and (potentially) ignoring the entire point of what makes the Undine such a dangerous enemy, I'm finding it hard to care about this Star Trek Universe or have a desire to support a company that will so willingly breaks its own mythos for the sake of money.

I don't hate the people. I know everyone on the team is passionate and puts a lot of long hours for the game, but the corporate mentality is sinking its venom deeper and deeper into the project, the people playing it, and the people making it. I remember when lockboxes were introduced; to see how far they've come and how much they've taken over.. every facet of the game and its development.. is disheartening.
  • Options
    zidanemorzidanemor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am :)

Literally just randomly decided to check out the game again after 3-4 months, and just happened to be shortly after a new season update!
    Liking the sound of some of the changes i've read about in the news posts a few minutes ago, looking forward to checking out the revamped ESD.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am not leaving STO but i am cutting my game time by 75% or more.

Now that there's no reason to grind the new reputations outside of your main characters, this reinforces the idea that I should have kept my toons to a more manageable 3 in the first place, rather than 12.

I will log in to complete the easier reps I started on my alts like Omega, Romulan, and Dyson, and I should see plenty of dil roll in during the next Dilithium Weekend since that work is about 80% done. I'll also complete my (very limited) planned rep purchases on my various alts. From here on they will be occasional logins... limited to very light doffing for supports/catfood, grinding for free ships during Winter and Summer (hopefully no more grindaversaries!), and maybe the occasional big dil prize event if it's more like CCE and not like that awful Mirror grind.

They'll be glorified ship spinners, now that I have all the ships I want on all my characters. Might get the occasional Mirror ship from the Exchange and/or new freebie ship set from an episode here or there, but that's it as far as investment goes especially now that we're diverging into comic book territory.

My 3 mains will grind the new rep very slowly, get enough for the gear pieces I want on them, and that'll be it for them until the next season too.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm trying to figure out how to duck out of work a little early. :D
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just logging in now.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh after thousands of dollars wasted and many many MANY hours Im half tempted to set this failed season out.. Wait til someone buys out PWE that can make REAL games, look at their line up, nothing I would play if I were paid to do so... Maybe Season 10 "we took over the borg lockbox extravaganza" with a borg drag queen and more blatant cash grabs as the game crashes every 30 seconds "working as intended"