test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you coming back for Season 9??

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
Both my fleet and my friends list is almost always all "offline"

I am afraid that they won't come back, but am hopeful over the next few days to see some of them in game again.

What are you liking about season 9?

The Playable Undine ships?

The New lock box traits?

The new weapons and powers?

Having more DPS but less survivability due to the rep system change? (hope those DPS 50k guys get Infected space elite done in under 60 seconds!!)

The new missions to grind out? New reps system to grind out?

What is going to get you back in game and playing more?
Post edited by spacebaronline on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't exactly left, so...

I'm here, and I'm ready! :P
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i probably want the undine ground armour set, as i like the look and somehow i want a boff using it.

the rep system... -.- dont get me started again on this.

i am eager to see the FE rewards, and to play the new STFs aswell as play throught the whole story arc from the beginning again now with all being re "written" but i will enjoy this more than the dyson and undine battlezones.

i will try making a good kit that pleases me.

and maybe some of the new rep weapons (as i am not aware if the lockbox has weapons this time)

the lockbox traits maybe interesting, maybe something to make even for the taken away rep passives.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    New Tailor options, as well as a fix to the dreaded Season 7 Accolade Bug!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Coming back eventually, but it's finals next week.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What the hell, I'll be here, I want to see what all is going to be on these multi-page patch notes, what's included that we never saw on Tribble. All of the changes to the rep system aren't bothering me that much because I was never really bothering with it all that much to begin with, I just a casual PvEr. I couldn't care less about all of the Epeen drama that happens every single time they change something nor all the threats from people claiming to be leaving yet never managing to make it out the door.
    People hate change, but change is a constant and people always manage to adjust.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have no reason to leave, nor do I see anything that would force me to leave save the game shutting down altogether, so I'm not "coming back" since I'm not leaving.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When did I leave? I'm ready for next round, baby! Let the people cry about the Undine ships and the Rep Traits and how Cryptic is "killing" the IP (despite even CBS saying "yes" to the additions. I'll leave when I've had my fill!
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When did I leave? I'm ready for next round, baby! Let the people cry about the Undine ships and the Rep Traits and how Cryptic is "killing" the IP (despite even CBS saying "yes" to the additions. I'll leave when I've had my fill!

I am glad to hear from people still in the game. I also would like to hear from those that drop in and out between seasons.

I might be in a minority, but I have seen a big drop off in both friends and fleetmates online since the anniversary event.
  • tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been out of the game for a few months now, but I decided to check the website for updates. I'll come back and play the FE, but I don't know how long I'll stay after that. I'll have to wait and see. I might even hop on my Fed for a while.
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Meh, I'll check it out. See if I feel like staying or actually leaving at long last.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will not be returning to Season 9 because of the Reputation "revamp".

I refuse to play any of the content. I refuse to play any aspect of the game until this change is undone completely.

The only exception to this will involve me logging in for 2 minutes every day to ensure my fleet has projects slotted.

Other than this, I am done with this game. Season 9 has destroyed my interest in STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Never left, so I'm still here. My fleetmates took the last month off to try ESO so they'll be back. Once finals are over, some of my friends will be returning to STO for the summer. Some are also new players (whom I advised to wait until S9 drop since a bunch of things were going to change anyway).
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    I will not be returning to Season 9 because of the Reputation "revamp".

I refuse to play any of the content. I refuse to play any aspect of the game until this change is undone completely.

The only exception to this will involve me logging in for 2 minutes every day to ensure my fleet has projects slotted.

Other than this, I am done with this game. Season 9 has destroyed my interest in STO.

aww, you mad about some of the power creep going bye bye

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I feel bad about people leaving STO. If your EC and stuff need a good home, my bank is always open for donations! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll be back next week when things settle down, first week of a Season I spend on the forums doing my thing.

and by the looks of it...The Dukat will be pleased.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nightken wrote: »

No, I am mad because all the time I spent doing those Reputations, from Omega to Dyson, on 11 different characters, and maxing them all, is dismissed and ignored.

and FYI - you will not see a drop in the power creep. Someone is going to find 2 or 3 Uber builds, that EVERYONE will use, the power creep will go up, and Cryptic will have to give better and more powerful traits in the new and upcoming rep systems to encourage people to do the grind, and the creep will slowly climb, and all of this will have achieved one thing - rob people of their hard work and time.

that is why I am mad. I am mad that a terrible idea has seen such overwhelming praise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I never left.

Looking forward to the new ships. They look awesome! Looking forward to the reputation nerf. This nerf will slow down the power creep and add longevity. Looking forward to seeing if the people who are threatening to leave because of the nerf actually do so. My bank is always open if they do!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    Have you checked out the new Undine ships . . . no power creep there.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2014
    No, I am mad because all the time I spent doing those Reputations, from Omega to Dyson, on 11 different characters, and maxing them all, is dismissed and ignored.

and FYI - you will not see a drop in the power creep. Someone is going to find 2 or 3 Uber builds, that EVERYONE will use, the power creep will go up, and Cryptic will have to give better and more powerful traits in the new and upcoming rep systems to encourage people to do the grind, and the creep will slowly climb, and all of this will have acieved one thing - rob people of their hard work and time.

that is why I am mad. I am mad that a terrible idea has seen such overwhelming praise.

1. wah, I don't care how many characters you did. you, and I know this is heresy, should be doing it because you enjoy the game, if it's "work" you are doing wrong.

2. just like every other game ever, and now.

3. just like they do now. only new players will not have to worry about how much they suck with the new op traits and all the old ones, just the new ones.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited April 2014
    ]
    Have you checked out the new Undine ships . . . no power creep there.

lock box ship is op... yeah that is totality a new thing and has never happen before eever.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually.... I found it surprising that they only have 4 Boff seats, most other T5 ships have 5. But what that really means is that they have higher level powers. IE a LtC instead of an Ens and LT.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Of course I'm coming back. With the rep revamp I've got Rom Rep to grind on my other two Romulan toons and I've finally slogged through a Fed Engie who needs her Omega rep done so she can get the MACO armor and space set. Not to mention the new kit stuff to play with and the new tailor options to use.

I haven't seen anything I've hated yet in the S9 pipeline so I'm kind of anxious for it.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Of course I'm coming back. With the rep revamp I've got Rom Rep to grind on my other two Romulan toons and I've finally slogged through a Fed Engie who needs her Omega rep done so she can get the MACO armor and space set. Not to mention the new kit stuff to play with and the new tailor options to use.

I haven't seen anything I've hated yet in the S9 pipeline so I'm kind of anxious for it.

Not to mention the Be'ves are fixed now! :D
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Haven't left, but its on thin ice. I have had little interest in season 8 and what i've read about in season 9. I'll probably oogle ESD for 20 minutes, maybe run a undine battlezone or two, I see little point in pursuing more rep since we can no longer add to it. Then maybe make a new kit for a couple of engineers... and that will be it for my season 9 excitement :)
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

and FYI - you will not see a drop in the power creep. Someone is going to find 2 or 3 Uber builds, that EVERYONE will use, the power creep will go up, and Cryptic will have to give better and more powerful traits in the new and upcoming rep systems to encourage people to do the grind, and the creep will slowly climb, and all of this will have achieved one thing - rob people of their hard work and time.

Everyone will use the same build, eh? Sorry, not possible. Just so you know, I couldn't care less about what build's the best, I will do whatever I want with whatever build I choose, even if it's not the "prescribed" build. So, saying that everyone will use the same build is intrinsically false.

Also, Cryptic isn't stealing anything from you (you keep repeating this lie over and over on the off-chance that it is made true). You still have all of your powers, you just don't have the room to slot them all.

Regarding the bolded part of your post (my emphasis): that's only your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure, part of me is frustrated at the change over in the Rep Traits which we grinded to earn, No real explanation of how or why, Nothing to help in soothing over the fact that many of us really worked hard to earn those tiers and their traits, nothing but a big slap in the face. . My tolerance is very thin from the last 4 season changes. I will be giving season 9 a try, but after that I don't know. . In all likely hood, season 9 just may be the game killer for me, we'll see.
    edited April 2014
    Not sure, part of me is frustrated at the change over in the Rep Traits which we grinded to earn, No real explanation of how or why, Nothing to help in soothing over the fact that many of us really worked hard to earn those tiers and their traits, nothing but a big slap in the face. . My tolerance is very thin from the last 4 season changes. I will be giving season 9 a try, but after that I don't know. . In all likely hood, season 9 just may be the game killer for me, we'll see.

I have good new and bad news which do you want first.

• momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't played STO in a few months. And honestly I see no reason to come back despite my massive time investment to the game.

New season? A new lockbox that will require grind to earn keys for, a few new ships that will require epic grind to buy off the exchange, a new reputation that will require grind to rank up and then some MORE grind to get any rewards from... all to incrementally optimize my playthroughs of the few missions that give useful rewards and which I have played a thousand times already.

Just wandering through. Don't mind me.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not got the stomach for yet another rep grind.
    Only a couple of ques to get rep marks too, how tedious.
    Content effort is firmly on lockboxes.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have yet to stop playing STO. So I'm ready for Season 9!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.