What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 10, 2014

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is literally nothing to do but dump in stuff for credits at this point, pretty much everyone has what they wanted or are starting to put gear on alts. (ive had all of my personal gearing done for over 2 months now, save the arkif and uniform unlock which i got end of last month)
    Last time I checked you can still run all the Starbase projects to drop FM, doffs and commodities, even after reaching Tier 5.

Not to mention, you can run all the projects for provisions as well, if you don't mind spending dilithium.

So honestly I don't get your argument. It's not like you're missing imput projects - you still have access to all the ones you've had when you were constructing the base. My guess is you just want a new holding for new shinies.

I personally don't. Power creep issue aside, although my FED fleet is doing fine, my KDF fleet is still struggling, even with the Spire. Adding another holding to all that would certainly slow things down even more. Yes, it's not a big fleet, but it's an active fleet, so I for one appreciate the fact that at least for now we can keep focusing on existing structures and not worry about yet another resource sink.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We had to start over after our fleet was stolen, and we have all the fleet holdings completed.

Still working on that blasted T5, tho. We would be there already if we hadn't had to start over.

If you are this far in, and haven't finished the embassy or the mine, than perhaps the problem is not the grind... Just saying...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Last time I checked you can still run all the Starbase projects to drop FM, doffs and commodities, even after reaching Tier 5.

Not to mention, you can run all the projects for provisions as well, if you don't mind spending dilithium.

So honestly I don't get your argument. It's not like you're missing imput projects - you still have access to all the ones you've had when you were constructing the base. My guess is you just want a new holding for new shinies.

I personally don't. Power creep issue aside, although my FED fleet is doing fine, my KDF fleet is still struggling, even with the Spire. Adding another holding to all that would certainly slow things down even more. Yes, it's not a big fleet, but it's an active fleet, so I for one appreciate the fact that at least for now we can keep focusing on existing structures and not worry about yet another resource sink.

let me copy past the part you obviously missed even though you quoted it...

"There is literally nothing to do but dump in stuff for credits at this point"

We are over 5000 embassy provisions, over 1000 mine provisions, over 500 of EACH starbase provision and fleet ship provision, well over 200 operations spire provisions, over 100 research provisions, most of our day to day players are well geared, we are a massive fleet.

I cant imagine any of the other large fleets being any different. The only ones that are not at this level 1. started less than a year ago, 2. have like 2-3 players or something trying to do it all themselves (which is completely and totally insane)

Not to mention NOP public service pretty much nullified the reason for people to even level up their fleets anyway unless they are a big fleet with tons of members that consumes a lot of provisions.

Its not about shinys, id rather NOT see more power creep actually. Id be quite happy with a fleet holding that upgraded the old fleet level ships to be more on par with the new ones released in the last year or something.
    Refit station or something.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    There's no new fleet holding in Season 9 - between the Spire, the Mine, and the Embassy, the vast majority of fleets still have many projects to complete.

Can Tier 5 fleets get some way of dumping fleet marks that doesn't involve leaving a fleet and returning? The intention of the fleet system was to keep people together. It wasn't to have to switch to other fleets or to "fleet mark dumping sub-fleets" all the time in order to turn in fleet marks.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is nothing to do when it comes to starbase development. From what I gather you've got no issues earning FC.

Other players could say the same thing about the story content, Reputations etc. "There is nothing to do". "I've got my reps all maxed out! Give us more reps. "I've beaten all story missions already, give us more story content!".

But don't be so self centered, as there has to be a purpose to a fleet, and as such some will be smaller than others. Fleets I am in are a national community, and Star Trek isn't as popular here as it is in the US, UK or Germany for example - thus less players. Yet we're doing fine even with smaller numbers. Not to mention, some of our players are very much casual - logging in for just a couple of hours a week and naturally don't have time to grind for Fleet development.

That isn't to say there won't be a new holding. My guess is we may not even have to wait for Season 10 for that, as Cryptic has already released the Fleet Mine in-between seasons. For the time being though I don't really mind not having yet another fleet holding and actually appreciate Cryptic realising that some Fleets still need more time for their development.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The first time a player completes "Assimilation" they will have a choice of one Borg Prosthetic Arm assault weapon.
    Additional weapons of this type can be found in the Omega Reputation.
    The first time a player completes "Fluid Dynamics" they will receive:
    15 Omega Marks
    A unique "Adaptive Transphasic Torpedo Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Borg]" which deals additional damage to enemy Borg.

These don't appear to be working at all if the player has done these missions prior to season 9.

I have to admit too, I'm disappointed that you replaced the previous versions with new ones, rather than adding new missions.

• Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So after 300 pages of comments and concerns about the changes to the reputation traits and forcing us down to 4/4/4, are there any plans to change it in any way or are we really going to have just 4 passives from now on no matter the number or reps that you will add ?

No thoughts on allowing us a +1/+1 for every rep we get to tier 5 or any other incentive to actually level a reputation ?
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2014

We are over 5000 embassy provisions, over 1000 mine provisions, over 500 of EACH starbase provision and fleet ship provision, well over 200 operations spire provisions, over 100 research provisions, most of our day to day players are well geared, we are a massive fleet.

As being a fellow Vice Squad/Thlap-jen Member, I can confirm this. The only thing we're "low" on, is Buff provisioning. But most people don't buy it and unless most of the Fleet chooses to clear out the store in 48 hours, that probably won't be an issue.

We're almost at the 500 member cap. We often waiting for the Timers to clear before we can donate, so we can BUY gear. Even now, that we've completed the upgrade projects several weeks ago, some members are sitting waiting for timers to clear.

Rylana is often faster than Most members at getting Fleet Credit. I think He also joined Vice and Thlap-jen with a pile of Fleet Credit from his old Fleet.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    "New military-involved fleet holding", Gates of Sto'vo'kor interviews dStahl (24 June 2013)

Now granted, Dstahl is no longer involved in STO development. But I suppose that's just another in a long line of broken "promises" from Mr Stahl.

That promise lead directly to ones a few weeks later mentioning a "Dyson Pillar," which later became the Spire.

This is not a broken promise, it is one that was fulfilled six months ago.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    The statement that the vast majority of fleets haven't completed there embassy, spire, and mine is probably true, but it is irrelevant. Those fleets that haven't completed them are the little fleets with 10 or 20 active players. The fleets that have allot of active players have long since finished there embassy and mine, and more than likely the spire. Depending how old they are they probably have the starbase done as well. If I had to guess I'd say about half the game's active players are in fleets with the 3 sub holdings done or nearly done. Terrible decision to not include a new holding, will likely leave allot of people with nothing to do till S10.

I think the smaller fleets are relevant. Which isn't to say that larger fleets are irrelevant.

But I DO think it makes sense to slow down on introducing Fleet Holdings.

And this CAN be compensated for by introducing more optional projects to the existing fleet holdings.

Maybe a swords vendor. More energy types or mods on weapons. Alternate ship hulls. New cosmetic projects to populate the Starbase further. Things that add fleet emblems to bases. Maybe a way to upgrade the lower decks to a design more like the new ship interiors/ESD. Fleet Quality Bridge Officers. Fleet Genetic Resequencers.

Heck... Maybe that's a strong idea for the Romulan Embassy: unlocking Romulan, Klingon, Vulcan, and Human traits for more species and maybe having Ambassador BOs who combine species traits. Adding Cardassian, Reman, and Ferengi traits at the Dilithium Mine. Adding Voth traits to the Spire. These can all be new projects at existing holdings rather than new holdings.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A quick one that occurs to me would be to start adding Cardassian presence to the mine. It's in Cardassian space. They're expert mining technicians. They should be there.

Have a whole set of projects that add Cardassian foot traffic as a cosmetic, Cardassian DOff assignments, a Cardassian trait vendor, and Spiral Wave weaponry.
  • Options
    yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    And USS Loma Preita in the ESD control room in orbit? Not sure if its funny or ironic

The crew of the Loma Prieta probably really knows how to shake things up. I bet she's a really rockin' ship! :D
  • Options
    turbommx1turbommx1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A quick one that occurs to me would be to start adding Cardassian presence to the mine. It's in Cardassian space. They're expert mining technicians. They should be there.

Well technically that would mean they would have some down trodden and enslaved Bajorans doing the work for them would it not? :D
  • Options
    adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the many big fleets out there that have every holding complete and are bored to death with the game as it is get nothing, yep guess I'm not coming back till S10.

I feel sorry for you if are bored cus all you think about is getting STUFF. If that all this game is for you I hope you don't come back
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's no new fleet holding in Season 9 - between the Spire, the Mine, and the Embassy, the vast majority of fleets still have many projects to complete.

Secondary Deflectors won't be launching on release day, but work on them continues and we'll release them as soon as they're ready.

This is both good news and bad news to me. On the bright side, this gives my main fleet time to get caught up on the holdings. On the other side of the coin, characters I have in larger fleets find it extremely difficult to earn a significant amount of fleet credits quickly. Slotting provisioning for the Spire or the Embassy will be a net loss for some players because the projects require a very substantial input of fleet credits. The Dilithium Mine isn't as bad because there are duty officer missions that reward Dilithium Mine provisions.

Duty officers are always the last thing to get filled because of the extremely tedious process involved in grinding a very rare/rare/uncommon duty officer down to white for donation into the fleet projects. It would be so much easier if we could use an uncommon to fill in 3 duty officer inputs (getting 900 fleet credits), a rare to filll 9 duty officer inputs (getting 2,700 fleet credits), and a very rare to fill 27 duty officer inputs (getting 8,100 fleet credits). It would be also very nice if Tier IV or higher Starbase fleets had a input project that just needs 10,000 fleet marks. There are so many people with fleet marks unable to donate them that they are leaving their current fleet to donate them to fleets of a lower tier.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A while back, someone suggested a fleet marks/credit exchange that would work like the dilithium exchange. It wouldn't solve all the problems fleets are facing, but it would simultaneously alleviate the shortage of fleet marks in small fleets and the shortage of fleet credits in large fleets.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Wait... so there are no dilithium rewards whatsoever for the hourly projects until you reach the timegate?

There are two hourly projects. One is what we originally had with the Dyson Joint Command reputation where you filled it out and an hour later you got 140 dilithium. You can still do that one, but a max of 3 times a day. Then it'll unlock the no rep XP, bigger dilithium project that you can do unlimited until the cooldown on the hourly XP project has finished.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yulianhua wrote: »
    The crew of the Loma Prieta probably really knows how to shake things up. I bet she's a really rockin' ship! :D

https://www.facebook.com/UssLomaPrieta its an homage to the local fan group i think
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

Best news I've heard all month. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The short answer is "Yes."

The slightly longer answer is " ... oopsy-daisy."

So does 'oops' mean that it's going to be changed for melee weapons, because right now the primary attack for swords is an Expose and the secondary is an Exploit... this has cut the expose chance in half (I have logged onto tribble and can confirm this on all swords) and will nerf damage output, this will only hurt melee more :confused:
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    When I finally work out the new graphics options will there be any way to copy or import them to live after you upgrade or will I have to redo it? (maybe copy a file in the test folder)

I believe the settings are stored in Playtest/Localdata/Gameprefs.Pref

Just copy that to the equivalent folder in the Live directory instead of the Playtest directory once S9 hits holodeck.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So is that a nerf or a buff?

I know you probably wanted a dev reply, but its a bit of both actually. Its a slight buff to the 2nd attack mode of some weapons, but a huge nerf to the primary attack of the dyson rifle and the new counter-coomand rifle.
    Wich is really bad imo.
    Lets take the dyson rifle primary attack. Previously it had 10% chance to expose. With the new hirogen trait you go up to 20%. Sure you could go up to 30% with the lucky trait, but very few races has access to it. Now with the new update, you have a native 5% chance to expose and with the hirogen trait you can have a max 10% chance to expose. Most special set weapons have an extra proc, like the omega autocarbine (15% chance to imobilize), maco battle rifle (10% chance kb) or the jem'hadar full autorifle (10% chance of "something" via various nanocells buffs). The dyson rifle original 10% expose chance WAS that extra special proc, wich now has been nerfed to 5% :(
    Its allready bad as it is with the "chance on chance" proc, now with this nerf the rifle becomes less atractive, just a cool looking weapon but with less functionality. Its not a good idea that you have to use a trait to make a weapon on par with the others.

Edit: Damm, looked at the rom sci expose skills and some were nerfed to half with this new upgrade too. This totaly sux. My rom sci toon, now even with the hirogen trait+hirogen armor (wich is darn expensive) now has only 12,5% expose chance. This totaly screws sci. If tacs are about dmg and crits, and the engies about mines, what is going on now with sci? It was the expose skills its strong points, but now this has been taken away from it :(
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    So science characters get a nerf for no good reason, because they've already had one with the biochemist doff. It's hard enough to support a team as a science officer when most people can't take advantage of what you do, this is just making things worse!

I mean for example, most people I come into contact with in the game don't understand the expose/exploit system in the first place so it certainly isn't being abused. Also, most teams I run with don't take advantage of the debuffs I apply to enemies anyway because they don't know how.

So why you felt the need to make our jobs even harder I don't know, but if this is another attempt to curb the so called power creep, I'll reiterate my previous point that the only thing in this game that is OP is teamwork and no amount of nerfing is going to change that.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    [*]Maintained secondary firing modes that are "Exploit" attacks no longer consume the "Exposed" effect from the target until either they have:
    • Reached their sixth activation pulse or their maximum, whichever is less.
    • Any Primary firing mode that has the "Expose" functionality now has half the normal chance to expose the target that a Secondary firing mode would have.
      • This also means that Traits/Items that increase Expose chance have half effect on Primary attack Exposes.
      • The first time a player completes "Assimilation" they will have a choice of one Borg Prosthetic Arm assault weapon.
        • Additional weapons of this type can be found in the Omega Reputation.
      • The first time a player completes "Fluid Dynamics" they will receive:
        • 15 Omega Marks
        • A unique "Adaptive Transphasic Torpedo Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Borg]" which deals additional damage to enemy Borg.

Known Issues:
        • The new queued event, Undine Infiltration, is still a work in progress.
        • The Reputation Revamp and 8472 Counter-Command Reputation are both still a work in progress.
        • The Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone is still a work in progress.
        • The new Earth Space Dock is still a work in progress.
        • Viscous Cycle is still a work in progress.
        • The new queued event Undine Assault is still a work in progress.
        • The new Kit Revamp is still a work in progress.

Just a few questions about these points,
    1/ Why has the Expose/Exploit on the primary fire been nerf'd? As Tarastheslayer mentioned above, many people are unaware of how to use the Expose/Exploit system let alone capable of abusing the system.
    2/ The Borg prosthetic arm is it really worth it? If there anything like those available from Defera then there all but useless
    3/ Has the "Borg" proc actually been fixed?
    4/ All these known issues are worrying. You've got 10 days to try and sort these out, is that really enough time to fixed any of these issues and get them testes properly? or is going to be a case of we'll push it through and sort the bugs out later?

On a personal note it may help bring people around by explaining some of these decisions. Because the way it seems at the minute is that its another ill conceived way to try and stem this mythical power creep. But in my opinion with the rate that your nerfing everything then the game is going to become one hell of a mess.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    It appears as though anyone who has already done those missions cannot get the new rewards even on a re play though. I just spent hours trying to get the rewards and couldn't get any.

On the plus side so far the [Borg] proc is working from the old weapons.
    Well that rather bites... :(
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »

Edit: Damm, looked at the rom sci expose skills and some were nerfed to half with this new upgrade too. This totaly sux. My rom sci toon, now even with the hirogen trait+hirogen armor (wich is darn expensive) now has only 12,5% expose chance. This totaly screws sci. If tacs are about dmg and crits, and the engies about mines, what is going on now with sci? It was the expose skills its strong points, but now this has been taken away from it :(

I didn't even think about that, ya scis really needed that damage nerf because you know we do UBER crazy damage on ground... this is outrageous! Engineers and Tacs do so much damage as it is that this will maybe make a small dent in their DPS, but scis rely on exposes and people who do melee also rely on the primary expose on swords. Why don't you guys nerf the weapons that caused this issue to begin with instead of nerfing things that don't need nerfing and if anything could use a boost. Some explanation would be appreciated!
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    trelane87 wrote: »
    I didn't even think about that, ya scis really needed that damage nerf because you know we do UBER crazy damage on ground... this is outrageous! Engineers and Tacs do so much damage as it is that this will maybe make a small dent in their DPS, but scis rely on exposes and people who do melee also rely on the primary expose on swords. Why don't you guys nerf the weapons that caused this issue to begin with instead of nerfing things that don't need nerfing and if anything could use a boost. Some explanation would be appreciated!

If you stop and look at the tooltip changes here, it's obvious that the change on sci powers is a bug (The carryover of "Expose Chance reduced on primary attack" being the dead giveway). Less panicking and more bug reporting would be the advisable solution.

I've started a thread here to report the bug, if you can add to the list, please do.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think that New Romulus Command could use a few minor upgrades that would substantially improve the QOL (quality of life) for Romulan players who spend time there.

1. Security Officer DOFF contact: Pretty self explanatory, I'd like to be able to turn in contraband and other things while spending time at New Romulus Command. There are several of these spread across the galaxy and it just doesn't make sense that a Command Center wouldn't have one.

2. Allied Faction DOFF grinder: As we all know Romulans can use their allied faction's DOFFs. What they cannot do is grind them up/down conveniently due to faction specific grinders. It would make things less frustrating if there was a universal grinder stationed at New Romulus Command.

3. Lore Mission Contact: For those of you who do not know, there is a Lore Mission located at two locations depending on FED/KDF. It is located at the respective academies, and with the course of the mission you gain insight into the game's back story. Since a large part of the game's backstory deals with the fall of the Romulan Star Empire, and the destruction of Romulus itself, i believe that new Romulus Command should have a way to educate Romulan players on their rich history.

Any chance these additions to New Romulus Command could become a reality?

Okay we get it you want better QoL for your Romulan but here is the answer NO! NO! NO! why because you keep spamming this in every tribble patch forums, I would prefer to see a transporter going to and from the respected academies instead, something like what Q had for the anniversary but maybe not so flashy.