test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

vojager upgrade

nemanja102nemanja102 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
i heard some people takling abaut vojager upgrade that developers will make it better soon what you guys know abaut that?
Post edited by nemanja102 on

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nemanja102 wrote: »
    i heard some people takling abaut vojager upgrade that developers will make it better soon what you guys know abaut that?

Nothing, but since the Galaxy got a revamp, people want the Voyager to be the next iconic ship to receive an Update.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nemanja102 wrote: »

MAYBE with "Expansion 2" End of 2014... but they talked about it since 2012 ...
    StoWiki wrote:
    Polish of Voyager/Intrepid class with ship interior bundles (possibly also containing Admiral Janeway's SC-4 shuttle with ablative armor and cloaking device) might be connected to that

StoWiki isn't written in Stone, though ... check Sources for more Info (lots of them are from the last EP, back in 2012) ...

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    God do people not know how to use a spell checker first off. Hell put the word ya want in google first, least it will spell it correctly for you!

Far as an update or upgrade, maybe, maybe not. We shall see.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do it! Do it! Do it! :cool:
    P58WJe7.jpg

• ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    God do people not know how to use a spell checker first off. Hell put the word ya want in google first, least it will spell it correctly for you!

kud yu tel mi hav tu do dat?

ya know some ppl dont know english very well but you did understand what they meant, if not you have a problem, yo.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    They're possibly referring to an upcoming Feature Episode, to be launched with season 9, that RUMOUR suggests involves the USS Voyager and Tuvok.

Though, so far as I am aware, nothing is confirmed regarding this and the Intrepid class model having received attention is speculation, and nothing more, at this point in time.

The question is.. is still the Intrepid model being fabricated?? lol. I thought the starfleet discarded it not so long ago.

About the episode.. i dont like it. Voyager was placed so many years ago, now it has nothing to do with the present. It was already really weird when Tuvok keep speaking about the Undine like if time was not passed at all. An episode will be.. weird, and out of context.
    edited April 2014
    ragnar0x wrote: »

ya know some ppl dont know english very well but you did understand what they meant, if not you have a problem, yo.

And how hard is it to go to a seach engine, start typing out Voyager, and have said search engine spell it for you?

How do you think I spell things on the interwebz when I don't know how to do it. Plus it's a pet peeve of mine when they mispell the name of a ship. It's actually a large insult to do so.

Which is something else I could go on a rant about, but I won't.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014

English isn't my first language also but I try the best I can as an old man hehe.
    But like the Op wrote I could read it and translate it to understand it.

So why can you not, or do you always want it so easy, see it as a grind !!!
    Work your TRIBBLE of for it to understand it.....
    :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited April 2014
    And how hard is it to go to a seach engine, start typing out Voyager, and have said search engine spell it for you?

How do you think I spell things on the interwebz when I don't know how to do it. Plus it's a pet peeve of mine when they mispell the name of a ship. It's actually a large insult to do so.

Which is something else I could go on a rant about, but I won't.

I kinda like the name Vojager !!

Interwebz ??? and Mispell ???

Shouldn't it be : Internet, Web Browser ?
    and Misspell is with two times an S... :P

Do you also remember words that they spell for you ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I mean, lets face it - beyond the cosmetic, there is no reason to use even the Fleet Intrepid over the Vesta. The Vesta is superior in pretty much every way.

I exclusively use the Fleet Intrepid over the Vesta. It works extremely well for what I want to do. I can vape groups of enemies using GW3 and a TS3 enhanced Grav Torp. I don't feel the current Fleet Intrepid or even the C-store Intrepid is as weak as many people are claiming. It is actually quite strong for a science vessel.
    edited April 2014
    shmojo wrote: »
    I exclusively use the Fleet Intrepid over the Vesta. It works extremely well for what I want to do. I can vape groups of enemies using GW3 and a TS3 enhanced Grav Torp. I don't feel the current Fleet Intrepid or even the C-store Intrepid is as weak as many people are claiming. It is actually quite strong for a science vessel.

Well if you have a good Build the Intrepid can be quite hard to get...
    But then again that's with all the ships in game.
    If you have a good build you can do quite some damage, if your build sucks you can buy the best ship ever or have another one over another and it will fail you because your build sucks.

What I'm trying to say is this, your ship is as good as your build is !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    What's a vojager?

I think it's and Old Norse rendition of "Voyager."
  • enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shmojo wrote: »

How you manage to get TS3 on a ship with only a Lieutenant Tac, I don't know.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Because I want to be the elephant in the room: "Not before they do Fleet Vesta, which is so needed."
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    enkemen wrote: »
    How you manage to get TS3 on a ship with only a Lieutenant Tac, I don't know.

Hacks, bugs and bribing the devs. That is also why he has RSP3, TBR3, APB3, Sensor scan and fire on my mark on this one ship.

I guess that the 3 was a mistyped 2.

As for the subject, as far as I'm concerned, the Intrepid, Defiant, Galaxy, Qin, Negh'Var all deserve their ensign to become univerrsal. These vessels are overspecced (7 boff abilities in one field is the max, all of those ships have 8 in one respecctive field).

And the console of the Intrepid indeed needs twerking.

And guys, I am disappointed in every single one of you who is making jokes about the spelling. He is quite understandeable. I knew exactly what the OP wanted.
  • suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Fleet Intrepid is so beast! http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=myfleetintrepid_0 you can check it out there. Coupled with 2 GW's that can pull ships from roughly 9K away, exotic dmg abilites CD reduction, high power transfer rate for fast situation based manual power switching, 45K hull, 17.5K shields (with no field generator consoles), 60% kinetic resist, just a little over 30% energy weapon resist across the board, turn rate of 32.5 and several of both shield and hull heals with CD reducing doffs, my Intrepid is an AOE CC DPS heal/tank. An Engineer Captains that ship, it's potent. Miracle worker with the Grace Under Pressure trait really add another layer to the vessel. As others have mentioned, the build is very important, especially with this ship. But like all ships, it's the Captain that will determine its effectiveness in battle.

Personally I wouldn't mind some kind of update/upgrade to the Intrepid. What I'm concerned about though is having to yet again dedicate massive resourses to aquire it. I've already paid for the retrofit, and then the fleet version... Oh lord not again...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of all, to anwer the OP: There has been speculation about the possibility of Cryptic making the Intrepid interiors, due to the aparent appearance of U.S.S. Voyager commanded by Adm.Tuvok in Season 9, but nothing has been confirmed and it's just speculation for now.
    If anything, the devs. have mentioned that interiors are not the most cost efficent thing they do, hence only bridges lately, so all of this may as well be just wishfull thinking.

And for the "grammar police": judging by the OP's name and "Vojager", he probably lives in the same region of the world as me and here it's not unusual for that particular ship to be referred to as "Vojager".
    Besides, his sentence is ok in English, punctuation excluded.

Seriously, and people say this here is a nice accepting bunch. Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
    Whenever someone types something wrong the grammar police is here, even though this is an international forum and this is to be expected.
    Whenever someone speaks his/hers opinion without bolding that they speak only for themselves and not the Queen of England, we get trolls that yell "You don't speak for me!".
    And whenever there's some idiotic idea on the forum, it's all good as long as the grammar is correct.

What the hell happened with this forum and community? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd be happy if they just upgraded the damn console to be useful. Currently it isn't without some major skill tree work.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    What's a vojager?

It's what Thor uses when he's not commanding the Interprize. ;)
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    First of all, to anwer the OP: There has been speculation about the possibility of Cryptic making the Intrepid interiors, due to the aparent appearance of U.S.S. Voyager commanded by Adm.Tuvok in Season 9, but nothing has been confirmed and it's just speculation for now.
    If anything, the devs. have mentioned that interiors are not the most cost efficent thing they do, hence only bridges lately, so all of this may as well be just wishfull thinking.

And for the "grammar police": judging by the OP's name and "Vojager", he probably lives in the same region of the world as me and here it's not unusual for that particular ship to be referred to as "Vojager".
    Besides, his sentence is ok in English, punctuation excluded.

Seriously, and people say this here is a nice accepting bunch. Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
    Whenever someone types something wrong the grammar police is here, even though this is an international forum and this is to be expected.
    Whenever someone speaks his/hers opinion without bolding that they speak only for themselves and not the Queen of England, we get trolls that yell "You don't speak for me!".
    And whenever there's some idiotic idea on the forum, it's all good as long as the grammar is correct.

What the hell happened with this forum and community? :confused:

What the hell happened to research and using SPELL CHECK? If you can type that well the rest of the time and have good setence structure and punctuation, no excuses. Google is open to everybody and guess what! It spell checks for you.

It's so easy I CAN DO IT! And yes I'm one step shy of a caveman.
    afMSv4g.jpg

edited April 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they just upgraded the damn console to be useful. Currently it isn't without some major skill tree work.

IMO, the Ablative Armor should be similar to the Quantum Absorption singularity power, albeit only adding the "buffer" hitpoits to the ship. Or, they could make it like the Solanae 4-piece set, except instead of buffering shields at the trade-off of doing less damage, it would instead buffer your hull. Either way it's sliced, I never use the console. Using it would only make my ship less tanky and/or less damaging.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What the hell happened to research and using SPELL CHECK? If you can type that well the rest of the time and have good setence structure and punctuation, no excuses. Google is open to everybody and guess what! It spell checks for you.

Depends. To me there's a lot of spelling mistakes to me in game and on the forum for example "color", because of the difference between UK and US English. Same with spell checkers on some sites they see my UK English spelling as incorrect.

Also if you are going to rant it helps not to make simple mistakes yourself. Now get off your high horse before you get a stiff neck. The OP could be understood, and if you couldn't help then just pass by.
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Depends. To me there's a lot of spelling mistakes to me in game and on the forum for example "color", because of the difference between UK and US English. Same with spell checkers on some sites they see my UK English spelling as incorrect.

Also if you are going to rant it helps not to make simple mistakes yourself. Now get off your high horse before you get a stiff neck. The OP could be understood, and if you couldn't help then just pass by.

hey it's a pet peeve of mine when somebody misspells a ships name. It's insulting. It would be like spelling Enterprise "Enterprize" infront of a chief engineer.

It's considered an insult to a ship and it's crew. Granted fictional crew, it's still an insult.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's the internet, if people are free to ***** and complain, why not be free to relax a bit with ones writing? I feel that people who bring it up grammar and spelling in an environment such as this are themselves just being exposed to proper writing skills and mistakes just pop out at them.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hey it's a pet peeve of mine when somebody misspells a ships name. It's insulting. It would be like spelling Enterprise "Enterprize" infront of a chief engineer.

It's considered an insult to a ship and it's crew. Granted fictional crew, it's still an insult.

You can't insult an inanimate object that has no feelings. You can't insult fictional creation because it is not real and again has no feelings.

However as I said if you are going on a rant it helps if you don't make the mistakes you are ranting about in the first place.
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    You can't insult an inanimate object that has no feelings. You can't insult fictional creation because it is not real and again has no feelings.

However as I said if you are going on a rant it helps if you don't make the mistakes you are ranting about in the first place.

What mispelling a ship's name. I spelled it right. Voyager. Haven't misspelled it yet. What because I'm lazy and don't capitalize every word?

I didn't even mention his grammar at all, not once. I just said spell the damn ship's name right. It's not hard to look up. Start spelling it, google does the rest.

Just did it too, Got out Vo and Voyager was second on the list of options.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What mispelling a ship's name. I spelled it right. Voyager. Haven't misspelled it yet. What because I'm lazy and don't capitalize every word?

I didn't even mention his grammar at all, not once. I just said spell the damn ship's name right. It's not hard to look up. Start spelling it, google does the rest.

Just did it too, Got out Vo and Voyager was second on the list of options.

You should get out more, Yo.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Wha? ... ....
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Let's talk abaut that. I'm guessing the OP isn't a native English speaker because they spelled Voyager as vojager twice. Once in the title and once in the post itself.

What do you think abaut that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    And the console of the Intrepid indeed needs twerking.

No. Just NO. OH GOD NO! NO TWERKING THE CONSOLES PEOPLE! Did we learn nothing from Miley Cyrus in 2013?
    And guys, I am disappointed in every single one of you who is making jokes about the spelling.

Says the poster who wants to twerk things!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]