edited April 2014
    damage < arc

arc < damage

Deal with it.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    I think it's already a mistake to be able to have the Cutting Beam and the Antiproton together on the same ship. Should be only 1 360 per ship.

except the KCB isnt an energy....its kinetic, so its different from the omni beam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    can we expect one day 360° weapons for all the energies ?. they could be like the antiproton 360°, 1 by ship. there are 360° turrets, so why not 360° beams?

if a poll could be created; i vote YES -> i want 360° weapons

yeah... 360° beam array + BFaW+DEM3+B3+marion+aux2bat buil = 100k dps

and what about a "god mode" button?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eurialo wrote: »

This is why I suggested their damage be weaker than 360 deg turrets. Be lucky to pull in 20k dps.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    This is why I suggested their damage be weaker than 360 deg turrets. Be lucky to pull in 20k dps.

so why run beams if turrets would be better? Do you even listen to yourself before talking? :confused:
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Has to do with powers and abilities. With A2B and FAW and tack on EP2W you can sit there and just unleash hell with 8 360 arrays, even with them just as strong as normal cannon turrets, they could pump out some impressive DPS without having to angle their ship at all. Just fly in and fire.

That's why I think that if they put in 360 array TURRETS, they need to be weaker than standard cannon turrets.

Now the current arrays, are specialty items like the antiproton beam and the kinetic borg array. Those are diffferent.

But if they put in full on 360 array turrets, they all can't be that strong otherwise we'll have FAW raging from here to christmas.

Why the hell would you ever replace a beam array with a beam turret? The overlap of the fore and rear array's arcs is big enough to consistently keep all the arrays firing with any whale of a ship.
    They could, however, be a decent buff to dbb builds.

Ohh and btw please go convince cryptic to let me equip single cannons in the rear weapon slots :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    so why run beams if turrets would be better? Do you even listen to yourself before talking? :confused:

I do listen thanks. The BENEFIT, is you CAN use BFAW, and you can run all arrays or beams instead of running a mix mash, or if you're running a torp build, you can still have a beam weapon if you so wish it.

I do want them in the game, I just don't want it so somebody can arm 8 of these and just sit there REALLY spamming FAW with the correct setup.

Balancing act.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dreadcall wrote: »
    Why the hell would you ever replace a beam array with a beam turret? The overlap of the fore and rear array's arcs is big enough to consistently keep all the arrays firing with any whale of a ship.
    They could, however, be a decent buff to dbb builds.

Ohh and btw please go convince cryptic to let me equip single cannons in the rear weapon slots :)

Hey if they made 360 arrays powerful enough, why not? And yes, if you had enough 360 arrays for a FAW build you could roll upwards of 4-5 DBB up front, then 3 360 beam arrays in the back and bam you have a beam build much like many cannon builds i see.

Only difference is, when you hit FAW instead of cannon spray, you're going to do more area damage than a cone damage or if somebody had cannon rapid fire.

Agan I'm all for 360 array turrets like the AP 360 array. I just don't want them too powerful.

Far as cannons in the rear slots, no arguments from me man, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I got any sway over PWE good man.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014

actually beam are weaker than dhcs, but that combination on certain ship can grant up to 60k dps...

If you divide by 3 the damage of beam, you can still have up to 20k dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eurialo wrote: »

Because there is one single not-working-as-intented cookie cutter build available the game cannot ever change? We have to keep the current gameplay and equipment forever, because it would for some reason change the status quo?

Btw: How are turret damage beams supposed to be so uber-powerful that people are downright afraid of them? Why does nobody rant about how turrets are OP? XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    max1002max1002 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    A Beam turret makes sense. It could easily be balanced and it could work very well.

However...this doesn't make money, so Cryptic will never use this idea. If an idea doesn't make the greedy devs richer than they are, they won't do it.

You have to understand, the devs have a compulsive need to throw money in the air, shouting "I love money". They can't help themselves.

As much as I want to see 360 beam turrets, it will never happen.

Cryptic is a business, and money is needed to develop the game. Pay the devs a salary so they can take care of there families. Pay for other business expenses. Running a Business is not as easy as it looks. Cryptic as well wants to keep the game balanced, it is supposed to be a challenge for us. Every decision they make has a sound business reason behind it. And we may not always get an explanation.
  • Options
    deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Cryptic is very greedy, moreso than most games out there. When they figure out how to monitize something...they will. It is only a matter of time before they thirst for more money. Trust me...when you see more passive rep slots appear on the greed store...remember my words.
    Can't really agree there, in STO I have full access to the entirety of the game without having to pay a cent. Even moreso, I can (albeit slowly) convert ingame-effort into out-of-game-currency (Zen).

In SWtOR, f.e. - another 'F'2P-model - I have to pay for the quick-selection user interface (quickbars), the character bank, being able to chat with other players in the same region beyond the starting planets, access to high-end dungeons and battlezones and more. I am not able to play the entire game unless I pay for it either by subscription or by micro-transactions.

Cryptic seems rather generous in comparison and I am grateful for that as a casual player.

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    deianirrah wrote: »
    Can't really agree there, in STO I have full access to the entirety of the game without having to pay a cent. Even moreso, I can (albeit slowly) convert ingame-effort into out-of-game-currency (Zen).

In SWtOR, f.e. - another 'F'2P-model - I have to pay for the quick-selection user interface (quickbars), the character bank, being able to chat with other players in the same region beyond the starting planets, access to high-end dungeons and battlezones and more. I am not able to play the entire game unless I pay for it either by subscription or by micro-transactions.

Cryptic seems rather generous in comparison and I am grateful for that as a casual player.

The above reason is the reason why I no longer play SwToR. I don't know if they changed it either, but to post on their forums, you actually had to be a PAYING customer. Couldn't even post ideas or threads without purchasing premium time.

And they wonder why that game is bleeding players.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Turrets are USELESS. Dont listen to people. Unless you can put 3 turrets at the same time in the back, they are really really bad. An AP beam and the KCB will perform ten times better than 2 turrets. And than 3 turrets. So , there is your "reason" to use beams instead of turrets. Until cryptic re vamp turrets, or they make some new special new ones, turrets in STO are in 90% of the cases, useless.