Install Arc
Options

Dont Buy T5 Intrepid-

Comments

• Options
    larsvs96larsvs96 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    garside wrote: »
    It's the worst TRIBBLE in the game. Just bought it. Instant regret.

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

-Armor is only 15 sec? that's 150% worthless.

for real? that is equal to or more than most armor or damage resistance skills.

-The tv show explicetly states intrepid was designed for combat... with 2 tac consoles? only 3 for the fleet? seriously?

The intrepid is a science ship, mainly focussed on science skills (more than some science ships). you should have checked that before you bought it. compare.

-The HP on this ship is so low that it alone is reason enough not to fly this ship.

That you should also have checked. If you compare it to other science vessels you will see that the ones with the highest HP are the Atrox Carriers (those are massive). After that, the Nebula class which is the Galaxy Class' sister. Then you get the Dyson ships (and the developers did a pretty good job in making those badass. don't forget that they have a tactical mode aswell which makes them more suitable for combat), 3 or 4 more ships and THEN the intrepid. Also keep in mind that the intrepid has been around since the beginning of the game and that new ships are technologically more advanced because the developers need to improve that, and this is a game with a timeline so its only logical that technology improves.

-no emh feature?

Get the [Console - Science - EMH] if you want one

If it didnt look like voyager, this ship would be worthless in game. This ship really needs a reboot..

It does look like voyager, but why are looks even bothering you if you worry so much about the performance? and it doesn't need a reboot. it's becoming outdated in the star trek universe, Starfleet will make new ships that are capable of more.

ps: my gal x is amazing. thx. do that magic again!!

[/quote]

Happy your gal X is amazing, I can't disagree that that ship isn't totally awesome :)
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2014
    Why does a sci ship need more then 3 tact consoles? -.- Also why do people think voyagers a war ship, it wasnt in the show and its sure as hell not in the game...its specifically says science vessal with a 3/3 layout and sub targeting
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

-The tv show explicetly states intrepid was designed for combat... with 2 tac consoles? only 3 for the fleet? seriously?

-The HP on this ship is so low that it alone is reason enough not to fly this ship.

-no emh feature?

If it didnt look like voyager, this ship would be worthless in game. This ship really needs a reboot..

What episode did they state the Intrepid was designed for combat?
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    larsvs96 wrote: »
    for real? that is equal to or more than most armor or damage resistance skills.

The intrepid is a science ship, mainly focussed on science skills (more than some science ships). you should have checked that before you bought it. compare.

That you should also have checked. If you compare it to other science vessels you will see that the ones with the highest HP are the Atrox Carriers (those are massive). After that, the Nebula class which is the Galaxy Class' sister. Then you get the Dyson ships (and the developers did a pretty good job in making those badass. don't forget that they have a tactical mode aswell which makes them more suitable for combat), 3 or 4 more ships and THEN the intrepid. Also keep in mind that the intrepid has been around since the beginning of the game and that new ships are technologically more advanced because the developers need to improve that, and this is a game with a timeline so its only logical that technology improves.

Get the [Console - Science - EMH] if you want one

It does look like voyager, but why are looks even bothering you if you worry so much about the performance? and it doesn't need a reboot. it's becoming outdated in the star trek universe, Starfleet will make new ships that are capable of more.

Happy your gal X is amazing, I can't disagree that that ship isn't totally awesome :)

+2.4x10^e59 points to you! EPIC FIRST POST!!!!!!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2014
    What episode did they state the Intrepid was designed for combat?

The very first i believe

Its a destroyer......STO made it a science ship for this game and STO doesnt make canon they butcher it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    Given that the Vesta is the latest and greatest of science vessels - what drove you to by the Intrepid?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This dude must be playing Mirror universe STO.

Only there could someone say Intrepid bad GalX good. lmao

All well new player I guess. My friend it is a Science ship in STO. As science ships go it is one of the best in the game. You shouldn't be all that concerned about tac slots. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This thread makes me sad ... And happy ... mainly because it's obvious the OP doesn't know how to fly a Science ship or ... HAVE FUN! ... in STO and because I just got the C-Store Intrepid for my Tac Captain for Lolz, and guess what? I'm having a blast with it!!!

However i would like to see an update to the venerable Intrepid, after all, it must be agreed that it is one of the ships, like the Enterprise (in all her guises) and the Defiant, that are most recognized by people ... IMHO they would be considered 'Starship Royalty"

I'd likie to see a slight update on the Fleet Version and also a C-Store "Triple Pack" something like this:

Intrepid Fleet Retrofit Sci Destroyer(Warship Voyager… sort of)
    Weapons: 3 + 1* (Rapid Fire Proton Pulse Cannon) Fwd. / 3 Aft. (Single Cannons only)
    BoFF: Cm Tac / Lt Eng / Cm Sci / LC Sci / En Uni
    Consoles: 4 Tac / 3 Eng / 3 Sci
    Crew: 300
    Bonus +10 Aux +15 Weapons +10% Hull +10% Shields

*Non removable
    Cochrane (Sci)
    Weapons: 3 Fwd. / 3 Aft. (Single Cannons only)
    BoFF: En Tac / LC Eng / Cm Sci / LC Sci / Lt Sci
    Consoles: 1 Tac / 3 Eng / 5 Sci
    Crew: 250
    Console Universal : Gel Packs**: Increases processing speed of ship computer.
    Decreases cooldown on BO powers by 10% (same as Purple Technician DoFF passive)
    25% chance: Set recharge time to 50% of normal recharge time on Deflector Abilities (same as Purple Deflector DoFF passive)
    Bonus +15 Aux +5 Shields
    Discovery (Eng)
    Weapons: 3 Fwd. / 3 Aft. (Single Cannons only)
    BoFF: Lt Tac / Cm Eng / Cm Sci / Lt Sci / En Sci
    Consoles: 2 Tac / 5 Eng / 2 Sci
    Crew: 275
    Universal Console : Ablative Generator**: Improves ship Damage Resist vs. Borg
    +25% DR vs Plasma (?)
    Bonus +5 Engine +5 Shields +5 Aux
    Bellerophon (Tac)
    Weapons: 3 Fwd. / 3 Aft. (Can equip DHC’s)
    BoFF: Cm Tac / Lt Eng / Cm Sci / LC Sci / En Tac
    Consoles: 5 Tac / 2 Eng / 2 Sci
    Crew:150
    Console Universal : Biogenic Weapon Enhancer**: 2.5% chance to add a Biogenic Weapons Effect
    -10% Crew + DoT -20% Hull Repair (or Heal vs Undine?) for 15 Secs - can only occur once every 30 secs
    Bonus + 15 Weapons +5 Aux
    ** 3 pack Console Bonuses:

2 Pce Set Bonus: Delta Quadrant Synergy = When Hull is less than 50% +25% Hull Heal for 15 Secs + Boosts Engine (repairs disabled engines) and Weapons (repairs disabled weapons) by 10 power

3 Pce Bonus : Admiral Janeway’s Legacy = On being Critically Hit, 2.5% chance to apply Sensor Scramble = Enemies, Torpedos, Mines cannot target player/or they will lose target lock for 10 Secs – Can only apply once every 60 (30? 120?)Secs.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yes, a ship that boasted the best navigational sensors of any star fleet ship was designed for combat. lol. yes, sensors that are best at finding systems and anomolies in your navigational routes are of course, best suited fr attack ships, not science ships.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL... Spoonager...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And as capemike4 has proven, the Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit, aka T5 Nebula, is also a very capable platform.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've always wanted one, and bought one from a T5 shipyard, the hull is good.. you can get over 40K Hull, and can really rock the science abilities. I Love the fact that in that ship you really don't have to worry about power requirements, with the sci skills available.. And I'm not blasting things like the 40K dps'ers do, but for around 6K for a science vessel isn't bad at all.

I haven't regretted getting mine. It's awesome. Here's maybe a help with my boff layouts and hardware/parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd5p6oig6aszinf/Intrepid_Bridge.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clfanbds28kd14o/Intrepid_Layout.jpg

Please no flames on how I am doing it wrong. :) Thank you.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mwaldron99 wrote: »
    I've always wanted one, and bought one from a T5 shipyard, the hull is good.. you can get over 40K Hull, and can really rock the science abilities. I Love the fact that in that ship you really don't have to worry about power requirements, with the sci skills available.. And I'm not blasting things like the 40K dps'ers do, but for around 6K for a science vessel isn't bad at all.

I haven't regretted getting mine. It's awesome. Here's maybe a help with my boff layouts and hardware/parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd5p6oig6aszinf/Intrepid_Bridge.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clfanbds28kd14o/Intrepid_Layout.jpg

Please no flames on how I am doing it wrong. :) Thank you.
    Seriously dude? You're doin' it wrong.

You should use an online build planner like this. Then, if you want to share, no need to do screenshots or anything, just link.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    I, for one, consider that the passive bonuses of the Fleet Intrepid provide some rather stiff competition on to the Vesta-derived classes.

In my opinion:
    the auxiliary-powered cannons are overated, and kind of shoehorn you into a certain playstyle which is not all that good for science ships. Most of the Vesta consoles feel like pure gadgetry due to their nature as active powers (without any meatier passive bonuses coming with them, making slotting them a rather costy loss in general performance). The Vesta's hangar is generally more a hassle to handle and what it produces is usually swatted down like mayflies. It's also really, really brittle.

By comparison, the Fleet Intrepid seems to stand elbow-to-elbow with the Engineering-focused Rademaker-class. It offers different strengths, but that depends on how much and what you value. I feel out of love with the Aux cannons and hangars, so - to me, the Vesta's value decreased. In which case, the Fleet Intrepid just feels superior to me.

This said, my favorite probably would've been the Luna-class... if only the in-game model didn't look like it had aged so badly. This thing really needs the 2409 refit treatment.

I never used the auxiliary cannons or console of my tac Vesta and I think it's the absolutely best Federation ship at the moment. The only one that could maybe stand up to it is the fleet Avenger. I had an Intrepid for a while and either it's bad, or it doesn't fit my playstyle at all.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Seriously dude? You're doin' it wrong.

Screen shots are easier for me than using a skill planner that I have to change every respect, just my style I guess.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also why do people think voyagers a war ship, it wasnt in the show

Because in one episode, Tom Paris has a throwaway line about the ship being designed for combat, not comfort, or something to that effect.

For some people, that's ample evidence that the ship was designed with a heavy emphasis on combat.

Personally, I don't buy it. :rolleyes:
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No this, no that ...

Did you not look at the stats before you bought it?
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Because in one episode, Tom Paris has a throwaway line about the ship being designed for combat, not comfort, or something to that effect.

For some people, that's ample evidence that the ship was designed with a heavy emphasis on combat.

Personally, I don't buy it. :rolleyes:

Which wasn't even him saying that it was designed for combat but that it was designed more for combat than being a flying opera house.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Which wasn't even him saying that it was designed for combat but that it was designed more for combat than being a flying opera house.:rolleyes:

Your valuable context has no place in this thread! :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While it's not for everyone, the Intrepid can be a rather amazing ship, like any other I'm sure. In my Fleet Intrepid I'm getting close to a 3 ESTF average of 10K DPS. Not exactly a power house but quite respectable, IMO, and yet to reach it's potential. Coupled with 2 GW's that can pull ships from roughly 9K away, exotic dmg abilites CD reduction, high power transfer rate for fast situation based manual power switching, 45K hull, 17.5K shields (with no field generator consoles), high kinetic resist, just a little over 30% energy weapon resist across the board, turn rate of 32.5 and several of both shield and hull heals with CD reducing doffs, my Intrepid is an AOE CC DPS heal/tank.

An Engineer Captains that ship, it's potent. Miracle worker with the Grace Under Pressure trait really add another layer to the vessel. I won't claim to be completely without bias on the matter (my absolute favorite ship!) but my above claims are not exaggerated. There are, of course, areas that would benefit from improvement, though that is not exclusive to the Intrepid. If you don't like it, cool, I'm good with it. But if you do... good on ya friend, enjoy her!
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2014

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

-no emh feature?

So you bought a science ship and you're disappointed it doesn't do Science?

Ok...

But in seriousness , there's a thing called balance and sometimes canon has to give to balance, and the intrepid is one of those times.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

Like others asked: Why should she have those?

100 % Invincible for 15 seconds... how useless...

The TV show explicitly states that the Federation does not design ships for combat, Defiant and Prometheus being the only known exceptions.

You may wanna put something into that "shield" slot. That helps.
    -no emh feature?

And what should this be?
    Also: Every ship modern has an EMH at that time. Even the Sovereign hat one as we all know.

daqhegh wrote: »
    I assume he was referring to the Warship Voyager. He also said it was designed for battle, even though it was a science ship. I'm still looking for the pulse canons, though.

Likely the only episode he ever saw.

I have to assume the same...
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

-no emh feature?

Same for me I bought Intrepid tier 5 fleet edition and it sucks after Galaxy X came out updated I bought the X and put over all weapons and bought a ship with the phaser pulse cannon placed it on the X plus the special torpedo bay it's a great ship now much better then the Intrepid...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    State :

In Ensign Harry Kim's quarters, Harry plays his clarinet while Lieutenant jg Tom Paris sits on a nearby couch reading a book. They are both content until someone pounds on the wall opposite Kim's. As Kim yells an apology, Paris observes that Ensign Pablo Baytart must not appreciate music. Kim seems annoyed as he explains that the fluid conduits running through the walls conduct the sound of his clarinet; however, Paris counters by pointing out that the USS Voyager was built for combat performance, not musical performance.

Another One :

Specifications [ Edit ]
    Length: 344 meters
    Width: 144.84 meters
    Height: 63 meters
    Weight: 700,000 metric tons
    Accommodation: 168 (including 42 officers)
    Decks: 15
    1 system, 4 turbolifts (computer controlled)
    Bio-neural gel packs
    Propulsion: Variable geometry warp nacelles
    Armament: 13 phaseremitters (Type X)
    Armament: 4 torpedolaunchers (Type 6, Mark-XXV photon torpedo)
    Armament: Tricobalttorpedo (4 pieces)
    Cruising speed: Warp 6
    Maximum Warp Speed: Warp 9.975 (for 20 hours)
    Holodecks: 2

So it clearly states it's a combat vessel !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I used the T5 intrepid for the longest time before upgrading to the fleet one. Anybody who says it's a terrible ship does not know how to utilize it properly. The Intrepid is a science ship in STO, you can clearly see the stats on the c-store page before buying it. The Intrepid has great potential for superior AoE damage that the OP clearly isn't utilizing. I can't stand using any of the Vesta ships anymore since I feel they are inferior to the Fleet Intrepid. I can absolutely wreck cruisers and large groups in the MIE with a well built ship (http://tinyurl.com/l2rjtj7). You may want to try it out sometime, the Intrepid is a good ship.

Next time, before buying a ship, be sure to read over the stats before buying.

P.S. This is STO, many things that were in the show are not translated over due to balancing. By using the logic of OP, Transphasic torpedos should by all rights destroy borg cubes in 1-2 shots, and the Galaxy-x shouldn't exist since that was from an alternate future.

P.P.S. Even if it didn't look like voyager, I would still fly it for the BoFF layout and stats since it fits my needs.
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Intrepid_class

All I have to say about this pointless debate. Nowhere is it even mentioned the ship is classed as a destroyer, nor is it mentioned anywhere in the series. Get your facts straight OP. The ship is functionin the same way it has for 4 years now. It's console is still nice, and this ship can still compete against other "newer" ships of the same class if used by someone who has some skill. This is not a tactical ship, this is not a cruser, this is not an escort nor a destroyer. it is a science ship. Try reading before clicking the magic "spend money here" button. And because you couldn't read, you have brought much annoyance here to these forums. Let me guess, you couldnt make an effective aux2bat build with it and because of that its instantly trash? about sum it up?

I am an avid supporter of a revamp of this ship, but not a tactical revamp. This ship is iconically a science vessle made for long range exploration...treet it as such! This kind of post only serves to ruin the cause of hoping for a revamp of the ship.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Intrepid_class

All I have to say about this pointless debate. Nowhere is it even mentioned the ship is classed as a destroyer, nor is it mentioned anywhere in the series. Get your facts straight OP. The ship is functionin the same way it has for 4 years now. It's console is still nice, and this ship can still compete against other "newer" ships of the same class if used by someone who has some skill. This is not a tactical ship, this is not a cruser, this is not an escort nor a destroyer. it is a science ship. Try reading before clicking the magic "spend money here" button. And because you couldn't read, you have brought much annoyance here to these forums. Let me guess, you couldnt make an effective aux2bat build with it and because of that its instantly trash? about sum it up?

I am an avid supporter of a revamp of this ship, but not a tactical revamp. This ship is iconically a science vessle made for long range exploration...treet it as such! This kind of post only serves to ruin the cause of hoping for a revamp of the ship.

There was already a thread in the Shipyard section with a heated conversation. Basically, the OP there said the same thing but had no proof except for "I know but can't remember who.." And with sources no longer existing.

For me it doesn't matter if a ship is canon or not, and I would also like to have a Tactical variant of the Intrepid. Rumors say that the next Lockbox contains Mirrior Intrepids and Novas.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

WTF?

-NO pulse cannons?

-no emh feature?

First. Intrepid WAS NEVER DESIGNED FOR COMBAT. I dunno how many times we will say this. INTREPID is an science/exploration vessel more than anything else. God. You see the ship firing and fightin in the show, but that doesnt mean it is a tactical ship lol.

I dunno what yo mean with "armor" i suposse it is a skill, that grants you resistance to anything. Well i think 15 seconds is far more than enough. Most of the skills that comes with new ships dont have so many seconds of duration. Mostly of em have only 10. So, no, on th eopossite i thinkg it is not useless, on the contrary.

What the hell you expect??? The interpid is a SMALL ship compared with almost everything in the game. Having low HP is completely natural.

So, maybe for a T5 ship yes it is a bit crappy, but it is what it is, the Intrepid class. You bought what you wanted, another differnt story is that you thought all the time that the Intrepid class was a tactical ship, It isnt, it never was. Sorry.

U obviously bought the ship because u liked it in the shows, asthetically, but in a game, specially in a game like STO, you need to buy things not only for the appearance, but for the use you going to give em.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    State :

In Ensign Harry Kim's quarters, Harry plays his clarinet while Lieutenant jg Tom Paris sits on a nearby couch reading a book. They are both content until someone pounds on the wall opposite Kim's. As Kim yells an apology, Paris observes that Ensign Pablo Baytart must not appreciate music. Kim seems annoyed as he explains that the fluid conduits running through the walls conduct the sound of his clarinet; however, Paris counters by pointing out that the USS Voyager was built for combat performance, not musical performance.

Another One :

Specifications [ Edit ]
    Bio-neural gel packs

LOL, so, any ship with 3 different weapon types is a combat vessel?? are you out of your mind??. Phaers are really common in any Starfleet ship, and 13 phaser emitters is nothing. The enterprise had about 50. 4 torpedo launchers is nothing as well.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    State :

Another One :

Specifications [ Edit ]
    Bio-neural gel packs

Technically any ship that Starfleet builds that is meant to go off and explore the unknown is built for combat. That's just the way they role (which is more than one of the science ships in this game, one is even only technically designed as a technology test bed and is more tactically powerful than a Sovereign class against the Borg).

Doesn't make it something like the Prometheus and the Defiant that were specifically designed for more tactical roles than normal for Starfleet.