Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 3, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Coffee + bacon?! Eew! A man with a taste so screwed up deserves neither coffee, nor bacon!

O.o I could never choose between Coffee and bacon. To try would simply be blasphemy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just found out that I will be joining ya'll for each maintenance from here on out!

Thursday mornings will be a fun thing for me to look forward to. :D

So if your doing all maintenance and you are posting some of smirks dev blogs then does this mean you are slowly squeezing Smirk out as a form of career advancement? If so, should we assume you will be after branflakes next?
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm just enjoying some tofu bacon at the moment...

...while stroking my goatee and going over some reports so that the Sovereign doesn't have to. Who knew that ruling the Earth, and owning half of Australia, could be so much work?

It's not even like being the Grand Vizier of an EVIL alien overlord would be any better; knowing the Sovereign, he'd insist that all terror and oppression be distributed fairly, and I'd have even more of a headache.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    So if your doing all maintenance and you are posting some of smirks dev blogs then does this mean you are slowly squeezing Smirk out as a form of career advancement? If so, should we assume you will be after branflakes next?

I'd go for the big goal, Gecko
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Europe where?

Every single country in Europe.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I didn't realize that we had such unsophisticated people on this forum. Choose between bacon and coffee? When you can have both? Barbarians, the whole lot of you.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Trolls to the left of me,
    T5 connie lovers to the right,
    Here I am, stuck in this patchtime with you.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    I didn't realize that we had such unsophisticated people on this forum. Choose between bacon and coffee? When you can have both? Barbarians, the whole lot of you.

I agree. People are just barbarics.

Anyways, i cant stop thinking that i could just had bacon and coffee from 14:00 to 16:30, since i thought the game was on maintenance by then lol. I was waiting for a maintenance to finish when it was not even started yet.. lol. And no bacon or coffee for me, damn you guys... :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Got my french press right here. Workin' on the rest of my morning.

You keep talking about this bacon but we never see it. There is also no bacon in game.

Pic or it never happened.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    I'm putting that up on my quote wall.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heh... that'd be a good simple sig line.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the Earworm. :P
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Every single country in Europe.

I live next to Germany, except for emergency patches, the usual patches started at 16:00.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Didn't see any 'T5 connie lovers' to the right. Then again, I came in from the opposite direction, so maybe the trolls I saw actually *were* the T5 connie lovers.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    You keep talking about this bacon but we never see it. There is also no bacon in game.

Pic or it never happened.

Yep, we want a pic of you dressed like Cleopatra, with Smirk and Bran standing over you and gently serving you the bacon. Both men wearing nothing but a loincloth and glazed with honey
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The bacon is a lie!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, there are some seriously disturbing visuals I am left with after reading through a thread like this...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yep, we want a pic of you dressed like Cleopatra, with Smirk and Bran standing over you and gently serving you the bacon. Both men wearing nothing but a loincloth and glazed with honey

Well TRIBBLE that sounds delicious!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Got my french press right here. Workin' on the rest of my morning.

sneaks in2 pwlaughingtrendy's office and steals the frenchpress and all her coffee and bacon:D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The bacon is a lie!

^^This....

We have only heard of your bacon ways. We need proof that the bacon is real.

Show us the bacon!
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good call on removing the shuttle event weekend. Nobody would do it anyway. With the old hourly events nobody did the vault shuttle event when it came up, and nobody ever does the atmospheric assault (I've never once been able to get into it since nobody queues for it). These events need to be reworked or at least toned down. The vault shuttle event was nearly impossible to complete and the other one I've read there were bugs with it or it was too difficult or something.

I am curious about this junior officer weekend though.

the last line of your post strongly raises suspicion about how long you've been really playing STO... yearly event, nice doff, double CXP...

but actually, me, and my fleet, thought the shuttle event weekend would be nice. we like challenges, and, we do everything as a team. We don't like everything we do equally, but some we do to do other members a favor. So if you would like to do a smashing shuttle mission, don't hesitate to contact me, I'll bring 3 fleeties along, and show you some proper shuttle stuff :-)
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Didn't see any 'T5 connie lovers' to the right. Then again, I came in from the opposite direction, so maybe the trolls I saw actually *were* the T5 connie lovers.

Or vice versa.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I live next to Germany, except for emergency patches, the usual patches started at 16:00.

I KNOW THAT. lol. Thats not the point. The point is if they say 14:00 UTC in the patch notes, its 14:00, not 16:00... and if it is the GMT time, it will be as much 1 hour up, 1 hour down, not 2. Anyways, nevermind. I never cared about this and ima not going to start now lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Or vice versa.

They could be both :D..
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They could be both :D..

True dat. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Once I played STO
    Now I'll wait for you
    This tainted thread you've given
    I give you all my bank could give you

Take my dil and that's not nearly all

Oh...tainted thread
    Tainted thread

Tainted thread....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I KNOW THAT. lol. Thats not the point. The point is if they say 14:00 UTC in the patch notes, its 14:00, not 16:00... and if it is the GMT time, it will be as much 1 hour up, 1 hour down, not 2. Anyways, nevermind. I never cared about this and ima not going to start now lol.

Utc 1400 = usually 1500 in middle europe, except now after saturday because of this clock switching to +1h, then it is 1600.

Utc is the new name for GMT. People still say GMT most of the time

You german?: http://www.weltzeituhr.com/infos/utc.shtml
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Utc 1400 = usually 1500 in middle europe, except now after saturday because of this clock switching to +1h, then it is 1600.

Utc is the new name for GMT. People still say GMT most of the time

You german?: http://www.weltzeituhr.com/infos/utc.shtml

Actually i always used GMT... the first time i saw UCT was when i started playing STO lol. Thats the reason i was always confused, since GMT is not the same as UCT for cryptic.. so maybe thats an "excuse" to change by 1 hour the time they start. Who knows.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    where's the BACON! I was promised bacon, wheres the bacon.:confused:
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2014

*hands you bacon*

I have all the bacon, >.> I snuck in and grabbed it all
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/446660190926950400/photo/1/large

It's an old image sir, but it checks out.

I wish I had my camera today to actively post baconing.
This discussion has been closed.