test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 3, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hailing all Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 3rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Junior Officer Weekend"? Is this that run around Starfleet Academy thing or...?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good call on removing the shuttle event weekend. Nobody would do it anyway. With the old hourly events nobody did the vault shuttle event when it came up, and nobody ever does the atmospheric assault (I've never once been able to get into it since nobody queues for it). These events need to be reworked or at least toned down. The vault shuttle event was nearly impossible to complete and the other one I've read there were bugs with it or it was too difficult or something.

I am curious about this junior officer weekend though.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmmm, that's a peculiar list.

Ah well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just found out that I will be joining ya'll for each maintenance from here on out!

Thursday mornings will be a fun thing for me to look forward to. :D
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still no bacon? :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Good call on removing the shuttle event weekend. Nobody would do it anyway. With the old hourly events nobody did the vault shuttle event when it came up, and nobody ever does the atmospheric assault (I've never once been able to get into it since nobody queues for it). These events need to be reworked or at least toned down. The vault shuttle event was nearly impossible to complete and the other one I've head there were bugs with it or it was too difficult or something.

Atmospheric Assault is near impossible to do. You're supposed to shoot down Elachi shuttles AND these humongous robots, but the robots are so frackin' powerful and the shuttles too many that trying to fight them is worthless.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Still no bacon? :(

Oh, there will be bacon!
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If the "Junior Officers' Weekend" is anything like the previous "Junior Officers' Appreciation Weekends", then that means we will be getting a boost to DOFF mission rewards. Hopefully this means that the Skill Points and Expertise will be increased by the same factor as the CXP.

Does the removal of the Shuttle Weekend mean that there will be no Shuttle Weekend(s) at all, or simply that it is being postponed until a later time? I am slightly intrigued by the part in the event text where it was saying that there would be Shuttle versions of some of the existing 5-player queued missions, such as the Fleet Alert, and thought that it would be a neat way of "spicing up" Shuttle battles.
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    Um, forgive my squirrely ignorance, but what is Junior Officer Weekend?
  • Options
    rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, there will be bacon!

Buuut, will there be Muffins and Coffee goodness too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, the kdf uniform issue still has not be re-added to the known issues list yet I see. Any chance of having this acknowledged as still being an issue since we have all these lovely new uniform options coming with Season 9?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Um, forgive my squirrely ignorance, but what is Junior Officer Weekend?

well,, this is.. ahmm.. well.. Junior Officer are.. ahmm.. and the weekend.. uhhmm..
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    any blog post about the trait and rep respec being removed or this wont get much of anything exept for the blog post about the rep changes
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just found out that I will be joining ya'll for each maintenance from here on out!

Thursday mornings will be a fun thing for me to look forward to. :D

Excellent ^_^

But hey what gives with the "species respect trait" tokens being gone, are we going to get a change on that trait system as well? I havent seen any details on that on tribble or anything O_o
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    eeh19eeh19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good call on removing the shuttle event weekend. Nobody would do it anyway. With the old hourly events nobody did the vault shuttle event when it came up, and nobody ever does the atmospheric assault (I've never once been able to get into it since nobody queues for it). These events need to be reworked or at least toned down. The vault shuttle event was nearly impossible to complete and the other one I've head there were bugs with it or it was too difficult or something.

really?.....

you really dont understand this game if you cant do these missions
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope we get double CXP for the event. Little sad we can't play the NWS and fleet alert shuttle versions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Junior Officer Appreciation Week

I've been waiting for this to come back, my Romulan needs their Exocomp! :D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Removed Shuttle Weekend and replaced it with Junior Officer Weekend for April 10-14.

I was looking forward to a shuttle nws.
    Excellent ^_^

But hey what gives with the "species respect trait" tokens being gone, are we going to get a change on that trait system as well? I havent seen any details on that on tribble or anything O_o

Here you go

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16109801#post16109801
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tilarta wrote: »

I just wanted to say the same thing. Really, but I dropped on the floor.

I swear, by the moon and the stars and the sky
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Is that what it is? Ooh, sweet!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Excellent ^_^

As a matter of fact yes. Species traits will be like rep traits not requiring use of a token to change them and we can change them any time we want like we will for the reputation traits.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16109801#post16109801 Dev post in the official tribble feedback thread on revamped trait and reputation powers.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    eeh19 wrote: »
    really?.....

you really dont understand this game if you cant do these missions

I understand that I can't do these events because nobody queues up for them and I have no fleet members to even attempt them due to only a few being on at a time and nobody ever chatting. And maybe the reason why nobody queues up for them is because they suck and are too difficult to complete.

For atmospheric assault, the closest I ever came to joining it was, well, clicking the join button when enough players were found. But then time ran out due to not enough joining and a couple had left the queue. So I can only go by what I've seen posted on the forums about it. I have never to this day ever been able to get into that event. It died about a week or so after LoR launched.

The vault shuttle event was a pain in the TRIBBLE. Obisek could have his task completed but the door won't open because every single thing that can be killed/destroyed in the room had to be eliminated, including the tractor beam things. Often times it turns out a scorpion fighter or 2 are still cloaked and by the time they show up it's too late and we run out of time. We'd fly all over the damned room and it/they just wouldn't spawn. Scorpion fighters have a habit of cloaking once their health gets low and they take a good 30 seconds or so to decloak. This always happened to me in the first room. I'd be lucky to make it past that.
  • Options
    epicdude759epicdude759 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually they are hosting a "first contact day" where you can pick up a free phoenix ship. (earth's first warp ship.) it is from april 3rd to 7th :cool:
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually quite disappointed at the loss of the shuttle event.

Is it being rescheduled?
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually they are hosting a "first contact day" where you can pick up a free phoenix ship. (earth's first warp ship.) it is from april 3rd to 7th :cool:

Ship pet.

Not the actual ship, just something that follows you around in space
  • Options
    edited April 2014

It is a non-combat space pet, so it has no use at all in the game. Romulans will get a nanov non-combat ground pet and KDF will get a bat'leth ground weapon.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Atmospheric Assault is near impossible to do. You're supposed to shoot down Elachi shuttles AND these humongous robots, but the robots are so frackin' powerful and the shuttles too many that trying to fight them is worthless.

I'd like nothing better than for them to remove Atmosphere Assault. That or remodel it into a much more enjoyable mission.
    1. Rename "Atmosphere Assault" to "Fish in a Barrel"
    2. Remove the ability to queue for the event in a shuttle.
    3. Add the ability to queue for the mission in a Tier V starship.

Could you imagine how fun that nasty mission would be with full scale ships. It makes a great deal of sense as far as the story is concerned. Starships were frequently shown entering atmospheres throughout the series. The Federation and Klingon Empire most certainly wouldn't send fighters to counter other fighters. Players would love the "revamped" mission.

It would be quite refreshing to AoE Gravity Well/Beam Fire at Will/Cannon Scatter Volley/Torpedo Spread the entire map as a punishment for their disgusting Elachi ways. I mean honestly, Cryptic made the Elachi out as the race that uses other sentient beings as incubators for their young. That process is just morbid if you think about it and the gruesome details. If I had my way, the Federation and Klingon Empire would be on a joint operation to exterminate every last Elachi in the entire universe.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the info, I must have missed the previous runs of this event, hence the confusion of the Junior Officer Appreciation Week :)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I understand that I can't do these events because nobody queues up for them and I have no fleet members to even attempt them due to only a few being on at a time and nobody ever chatting. And maybe the reason why nobody queues up for them is because they suck and are too difficult to complete.

For atmospheric assault, the closest I ever came to joining it was, well, clicking the join button when enough players were found. But then time ran out due to not enough joining and a couple had left the queue. So I can only go by what I've seen posted on the forums about it. I have never to this day ever been able to get into that event. It died about a week or so after LoR launched.

The vault shuttle event was a pain in the TRIBBLE. Obisek could have his task completed but the door won't open because every single thing that can be killed/destroyed in the room had to be eliminated, including the tractor beam things. Often times it turns out a scorpion fighter or 2 are still cloaked and by the time they show up it's too late and we run out of time. We'd fly all over the damned room and it/they just wouldn't spawn. Scorpion fighters have a habit of cloaking once their health gets low and they take a good 30 seconds or so to decloak. This always happened to me in the first room. I'd be lucky to make it past that.

Vault Shuttle is actually pretty easy if you know what you are doing. Most people just show up and shoot. Like any STF, Vault Shuttle requires people to know their jobs and do them correctly. Torpedo Spread 1 is enough to get you through the mission on a runabout.

I would like to see more shuttle PvE missions in the game. It's sad that there are not enough for to have a shuttle weekend event.

Also, I do think Atmosphere needs to be re-worked so that the walkers come down easier or we have less spawns of the attacking shuttles. It's a fun run, but way over powered for 5 shuttles.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    JOAW? It's been quite some time since we've had one of those.
This discussion has been closed.