The Mirror Invasion Event Has Ended!

Comments

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    # 1 Release Notes: March 27, 2014
    Pwlaughingtrendy http://www.arcgames.com/en/user/pwlaughingtrendy/activity
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064911
    • Mirror Invasion:
    • +Mirror Invasion Event Has Been Extended To Now End On Monday April 7, 2014 At 10:00 Am Pdt.
    • +Resolved An Issue Where Some Portals Were Not Respawning.
    • ++This Was Causing There To Be Nothing To Do For The Last Couple Minutes Of The Match For Extremely Powerful Players.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

RL takes priority over games, so I haven't been able to do this much; my main char has only gotten through the MU event like 5 times tops. I haven't even got all 7 of my Lv 50 chars started yet, despite the old MU event being my favorite grind & battle. So now I'll have a chance to complete 14 runs on most/all as well as grind 1 char from LV 48 to 50 so he can start at least and (possibly) get more than halfway.

Again, Thank You! This is much appreciated!!!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Thank You!!!!!!!!!

RL takes priority over games, so I haven't been able to do this much; my main char has only gotten through the MU event like 5 times tops. I haven't even got all 7 of my Lv 50 chars started yet, despite the old MU event being my favorite grind & battle. So now I'll have a chance to complete 14 runs on most/all as well as grind 1 char from LV 48 to 50 so he can start at least and (possibly) get more than halfway.

Again, Thank You! This is much appreciated!!!

Yeah, we appreciate something that was forced to do. Since nobody liked the new event and it was non sense at all. And that is the only thing they changed in the patch. Seriously....

:mad:
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I appreciate the change to get rid of the downtime for players who were able to close rifts quickly, the new change now seems to make it quite difficult to keep the base alive thus resulting in fewer mark rewards then before this new patch. Just completed a MIN where the team had quickly closed 20-25 rifts (previously this was enough to start the 'downtime'), base was still at full health but due to the new patch the rifts kept opening, basically faster than we could close them. By the end we had 35 rifts closed but a total loss on the base. Final reward was 45 marks, where previously we would have achieved at least 50 (55 marks would have been the reward for closing over 30 with a healthy base).

I think I liked it better before the patch, at least I could do doff missions whilst waiting for the final stage.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Almost done with it on my main, thanks the stars!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's funny how you noticed us all saying we hated the time gait forcing us to wait even if we closed all the rifts faster. Though instead of actually doing away with the thing we were complaining about, you just made it spawn more rifts during that time... Not what we asked for at all. I'm glad today is my last time needing to run it for the 14 day project. I had originally planned on continuing to run it after the 14 day mark but frankly I'm just glad to be done with it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hough instead of actually doing away with the thing we were complaining about, you just made it spawn more rifts during that time... Not what we asked for at all.

Face it, if they did what we asked for then everyone would just pile into Scimitars and the entire event would be over in two minutes. Right or wrong, the whole point of the revamp was to make it less about who has the highest DPS (although realistically, they failed there too).

After all, when do they ever do exactly what we ask for? There's always going to be some caveat.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • andyfuryforzaandyfuryforza Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my gmae crashs everytime I load the Miror universe??????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHY???????????????????????????:mad:
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been enjoying the event myself. Guessing it's 10 times harder on Elite because on core mode I've yet to even wonder momentarily if we'd lose the base.

Granted I still am not a fan of "You have 20 days to collect 14 of TRIBBLE and once per day max reward limit" events,...but at least this hasn't been horrible to squeeze 20 minutes to finish each night.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warlockx1 wrote: »

Granted I still am not a fan of "You have 20 days to collect 14 of TRIBBLE and once per day max reward limit" events,...but at least this hasn't been horrible to squeeze 20 minutes to finish each night.

Try it with 12 toons.

four are, thankfully, done now, but eight to go at varying degrees of done.

I know, I know, voluntary and all that.

But that kind of effort has meant my teeny tiny fleet is getting a huge boost to multiple holdings from it.
  • porkfordcrockettporkfordcrockett Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well so far I had run the event 8 times. Problem is the reputation mission dropped from my in progress events when I logged in today so I lost my progress so far. Do customer support want to know? Nope. They said raise a bug ticket but they wont respond to people personally so they are not going to fix my issue. I have had this problem with my account before in the past and it never got fixed. I have really had enough, if I start it again now I don't have enough time to get the reward anyway :mad:
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Try it with 12 toons.

But that kind of effort has meant my teeny tiny fleet is getting a huge boost to multiple holdings from it.

True...I'm only doing it on my main toon.
  • heather40heather40 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can anyone tell me why I would be getting inventory is full when trying to collect the rewards for this when my inventory is completely empty? thanks.
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    heather40 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why I would be getting inventory is full when trying to collect the rewards for this when my inventory is completely empty? thanks.

How many DOFFs do you have? You get a DOFF so if you have max there, it might give you that message.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with AFKers or people doing almost nothing in the mirror event? It seems like almost every time I do it there is at least one person who just flies around doing nothing. Is the AFK penalty not working for this instance?

In the one session I was able to play since the Thursday Patch (27 Mar) I suffered mad rubberbanding and lag, so I could barely move when/where I wanted or do anything; literally watched my ship just sit there ignoring my commands a few times. Equally non-fun was getting bounced all over the map in a blink of the eye to land in ground zero of a mob-clusterfudge & ganked.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains! Due to recent outages, we have decided to extend the Mirror Event until Monday April 7, 2014 at 10AM PDT! Thank you for your patience, Captains! We'll see you in game!

Read more about the Mirror Event here.

~LaughingTrendy
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains! Due to recent outages, we have decided to extend the Mirror Event until Monday 7, 2014 at 10AM PDT! Thank you for your patience, Captains! We'll see you in game!

~LaughingTrendy

Um...Monday 7, 2014? I wasn't aware Monday was a month. ;) (Same issue in the Dev Blog)
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Um...Monday 7, 2014? I wasn't aware Monday was a month. ;) (Same issue in the Dev Blog)

I coulda sworn we were in the month of Friday :D
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Captains! Due to recent outages, we have decided to extend the Mirror Event until Monday 7, 2014 at 10AM PDT! Thank you for your patience, Captains! We'll see you in game!

~LaughingTrendy

Question; I have MDT's that I haven't put into a project yet, because I won't be able to finish it before the event ends. Should I hold onto them, in the event that they're used in a future event rerun?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fun bug; if you close all the rifts while the mirror dreadnought has retreated through temporarily then it has no way to come back and the mission can't be finished.

Thanks for play-testing the mission first PWE, love having my time wasted.

have done this several times and the Dreadnaught just comes out at 12'O' Clock with no problems at all been able to finish the mission every time, and I have several characters.
    Question; I have MDT's that I haven't put into a project yet, because I won't be able to finish it before the event ends. Should I hold onto them, in the event that they're used in a future event rerun?

If I was you I would just slot them in the project already so they do not get lost or deleted accidentally and keep doing the event so you are that much closer the next time they do this, which they will the Crystalline Catastrophe is evidence of that.
    Try it with 12 toons.

try 28, I know I am crazy but I get them all done every night.
  • milkmanmhocmilkmanmhoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the extension!!! I was going to be 1 off from finishing and did have login problems one day which would have made the difference.

SO, thanks again!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Mirror Invasion Event is ending soon! Jump in-game today to start playing our newly remastered Mirror Event and defend our universe from the forces of the Terran Empire! Check out our Dev Blog for full details!

Save Mirror Hakeev and earn your Multidimensional Transporters now!

Link to Blog

Due to popular demand, we are extending the Mirror Event to 4/7 at 10AM PDT! Thank you captains and enjoy the event!

~CaptainSmirk

Popular demand? You mean "Due to the mission being buggy and the servers going down on 2 separate days".

The first day the mission was bugged and couldn't be completed if the rifts were closed while the dreadnaught was hiding. Then a few days later the servers were down for almost the whole day. A few days later the servers were down again for several hours, all due to "networking issues".

So no, this isn't being extended at the request of the players. It's being extended as an apology due to unforeseen events out of your control.

Apology accepted. :)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Popular demand? You mean "Due to the mission being buggy and the servers going down on 2 separate days".

The first day the mission was bugged and couldn't be completed if the rifts were closed while the dreadnaught was hiding. Then a few days later the servers were down for almost the whole day. A few days later the servers were down again for several hours, all due to "networking issues".

So no, this isn't being extended at the request of the players. It's being extended as an apology due to unforeseen events out of your control.

Apology accepted. :)

A least they could have the decency to tell us the truth rather than a bare faced lie
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    In their defence, when the servers crashed, there was a popular demand for an extension. So it is the truth.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In their defence, when the servers crashed, there was a popular demand for an extension. So it is the truth.

Even if it wasn't requested they probably would have extended it anyway. They usually do when they have servers going down for long periods of time during a special limited time event.

On the bright side it gives Cryptic a chance to look over more data and feedback so they can make adjustments and whatnot and, hopefully, bring back the mirror invasion event permanently, like they did with the crystalline event. :) And at the same time players get a chance to make up for too many days missed so they can get the event rep reward.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This begs the question: Why Are there Limited Time Events?

All events should be started and then left going so anyone just joining could play them.

It makes no sense for a game company to tell you when to play, this has to be hammered into PWE's head somehow.

If it's a matter of server capacity, time to upgrade, it's not like they are hurting for money, spend a bit here and there to maintain your architecture. This would have the added benefit of stabilizing the system.
  • glumm66glumm66 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just got back from deployment. Is there any way to complete the event just having started today? Or should I bother?
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    glumm66 wrote: »
    I just got back from deployment. Is there any way to complete the event just having started today? Or should I bother?

It's mathematically impossible at this point. The event will only last for another week, and it takes 2 weeks' worth of replays to fill the project. PWE game design philosophy at its finest.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • glumm66glumm66 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kazapsky wrote: »
    It's mathematically impossible at this point. The event will only last for another week, and it takes 2 weeks' worth of replays to fill the project. PWE game design philosophy at its finest.

Good to know. I'll put my efforts elsewhere.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fun bug; if you close all the rifts while the mirror dreadnought has retreated through temporarily then it has no way to come back and the mission can't be finished.

Now, what's really gonna bake your noodle, later on, is that the Dreadnought supposedly has the ability to create its own rifts, so it can return to its own realm. So much for closing all rifts, and 'trapping' it here, then. :D
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Now, what's really gonna bake your noodle, later on, is that the Dreadnought supposedly has the ability to create its own rifts, so it can return to its own realm. So much for closing all rifts, and 'trapping' it here, then. :D

Yeah I laugh every time I hear that line in the mission. Clearly whoever wrote this mission, was high at the time.