test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down? (no - also, regional ISP resolved their issue, so you can get in again)

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Well it's all we can ask for, I'm not blaming Cryptic, I'm blaming the muppets that are responsible for it. Just saying that Cryptic should at least sent a notice about it or something, which would be appreciated by people affected by the problem.

Usually when a backbone or major DNS node is impaired or offline, the people responsible will consider any report a waste of their time unless you're calling to tell admit you broke it and tell them exactly what you did. And even then you better be telling the truth. And it's probably still wasting their time, but they'll at least want to make sure you get arrested.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Which is why that DDOS attack notion of mine starts to sound more and more plausible. :) Really, big international summit, wouldn't be surprised if Anonymous had their hands in this.

Why would an group of internet privacy hackers care about a summit aimed at discussing Nuclear Weapons :confused:?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why would an group of internet privacy hackers care about a summit aimed at discussing Nuclear Weapons :confused:?

Just to mess with The Man, maybe?! You tell me!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Well it's all we can ask for, I'm not blaming Cryptic, I'm blaming the muppets that are responsible for it. Just saying that Cryptic should at least sent a notice about it or something, which would be appreciated by people affected by the problem.

We have sent along your reports and tracerts to the regional ISP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That is NOT good enough! We DEMAND you go there until the problem is fixed!!! Oh and we DEMAND1000 free zen for this, even though I am at work right now.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wow, can't believe you did that! :) (in a goood way, lol)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Just to mess with The Man, maybe?! You tell me!

Nothing in their historical profile suggests they would be involved in something like this current problem. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well guess i'll take a nap before work, and hope i can log in in the morning :)
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am from Lower Saxony, Germany so i live close to the Border to the Netherlands and i have the same Issue. i can´t even log in or get acces to the launcher. 5 trys and then connection failure.
  • Options
    sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Servers are down and now regional ISP's getting blamed for it, stostatus shows clearly that all servers are down again. I traced the several ISP's that are known to be either directly related to STO and all can be traced and going strong. So there is a block somewhere for some reason.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STOstatus isn't an official site, and is probably hosted in a region that can't access it, because from the Great Lakes region the launcher shows a green light and the game logs in fine.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sig442 wrote: »
    Servers are down and now regional ISP's getting blamed for it, stostatus shows clearly that all servers are down again. I traced the several ISP's that are known to be either directly related to STO and all can be traced and going strong. So there is a block somewhere for some reason.

Servers has been up and are still up. I'm logged into Holodeck and all is well, right now I'm getting ready to do my MIE runs. It is definitely a regional ISP issue.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    sig442sig442 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still, official or not. Think about it this way:

You can connect to other games who have servers in the same region as the STO servers, yet STO is the only one not able to connect. (I do not play other games by them so couldnt say anything about that) So the claim of regional ISP's causing this is just utter bs. There is no reason what so ever to believe that in any way or form.

I myself am a techie, I did a lot of beta testing for many games, also bug hunting while the games were online and active. Plus a lot of other things that are related to even servers and problems related to servers. I can tell you that this is yet again something with the servers and it has nothing to do with regional ISP's. ;)
  • Options
    nlearthlychief86nlearthlychief86 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if you slot one by one or all 14 at a time. ;)

First time ever i took the time to get to the forum and sign in to say something about this!

This BS server down everytime make me really sick at the point i wanna almost smash the game from my pc and never look at it again! please cryptic fix ur game this didnt happen for months and now 3 in one week Come on guys are you trying to get people to leave this game if so its working gdm
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    idk who's to blame, but everything else works, everything but STO, like someone elses stated ithe launcher tries connecting 5 times and then nothing...
    I live in Belgium not so far away from the Netherlands :s
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still, official or not. Think about it this way:

You can connect to other games who have servers in the same region as the STO servers, yet STO is the only one not able to connect. (I do not play other games by them so couldnt say anything about that) So the claim of regional ISP's causing this is just utter bs. There is no reason what so ever to believe that in any way or form.

I myself am a techie, I did a lot of beta testing for many games, also bug hunting while the games were online and active. Plus a lot of other things that are related to even servers and problems related to servers. I can tell you that this is yet again something with the servers and it has nothing to do with regional ISP's. ;)

You may be a techie, but you're clearly not a network person. There are traceroutes right in this very thread that conclusively demonstrate the problem is well before the traffic gets to Cryptic.

But I get that Cryptic bashing is a fashionable sport around here.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »
    Sure, but what you could do is extending the mirror event so it ends on 5th for example. ;)

They said it's extended to the 7th already because of the previous issues. So the 5th of May is what you're asking now? Geez. lol :)

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    I can tell you that this is yet again something with the servers and it has nothing to do with regional ISP's. ;)

This is absolutely incorrect. It all depends on how your ISP routes you to our servers. If they are routing you through the affected regional ISP, you're going to have an issue. The sever at this time is as healthy has it could be.
    You may be a techie, but you're clearly not a network person. There are traceroutes right in this very thread that conclusively demonstrate the problem is well before the traffic gets to Cryptic.

But I get that Cryptic bashing is a fashionable sport around here.

Bingo!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think there would be more people posting here, if the servers were really down. If they would really try to "cover" it up, there would only need to be one player from the US that could blow that "cover" easily. ;)
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    idk who's to blame, but everything else works, everything but STO, like someone elses stated ithe launcher tries connecting 5 times and then nothing...
    I live in Belgium not so far away from the Netherlands :s

Don't think it will get resolved today, will be happy if its running again tomorrow...
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't know what or where the connection is broken.

Don't read if players from EU are using Arc or criptic laucher.

I'm using still the cryptic launcher but can't connect to the update server.

Don't know if arc using the same location update server with the Cryptic launcher.

Or did they removed the cryptic updater from the server.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like we can blame the French again.. good thing i was early finishing the MU event.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, I open Arc and then press play in the left column where Star trek Online is.
    Can I open it trough another way?
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I open Arc and then press play in the left column where Star trek Online is.
    Can I open it trough another way?

It won't matter. It's a network problem.
  • Options
    nlearthlychief86nlearthlychief86 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here not abble to login or effen get the log in screen up with arc or the cryptic launcher both give the same error after 5 times log in! will this be the new sto standard? if so im done
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At times like these i wish i could still use the old launcher. With that at least we had an option to use mirrors.

Devs, when you read this please update Arc so we can use mirrors again.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    At times like these i wish i could still use the old launcher. With that at least we had an option to use mirrors.

Devs, when you read this please update Arc so we can use mirrors again.

1) You can still use the "old" launcher

2) The "old" launcher won't help you with the current prob

3) You need another trace route to the servers cuz ur current one is broken like mine and many other peoples aswell.

4) lol arc :facepalm.jpg:
  • Options
    feromonicaferomonica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Problem here is: te4-7.ccr01.ams05.atlas.cogento.com [149.11.104.45]

After that tracert gets Request timed out. Kinda thought already the issue lays in Amsterdam.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Lt.Cmdr Data can you bypass it?:D
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was a time when the game was running horrible on my end. I tried everything to fix it sort of getting a new machine. I later discovered that my ISP, Verizon, was having a disagreement with the company that serves the data center in Boston, and they were slowing down each other's user's access. Me in New York wanting something is Boston (IE, the fracking game)? TS. Person in Boston wanting something from my end? ain't happening.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
This discussion has been closed.