test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down? (no - also, regional ISP resolved their issue, so you can get in again)

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The server has gone down so many times lately it's beginning to look like a $5 pros..

Seriously, i don't know what you folks are doing with your network but fix it ASAP.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • k4t3k4t3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    It's the patch server that seems down. My guess is you'll be logged out when you move to a map that needs server files patched (which happens quite frequently: it's a pull-on-demand thingy). That's what happened to me.

I didn't move to another map, nore do I need to patch a map, because I'm patching everything before I login.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i was just chatting on esd and got kicked, so i didn't move a map either
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »
    I didn't move to another map, nore do I need to patch a map, because I'm patching everything before I login.

That's what you *think*. :) A lot of updated map files, however, are patched on demand. You'll see a little text in your upper-right corner, saying 'Patching files...'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i was just chatting on esd and got kicked, so i didn't move a map either

So it was YOUR foul mouth which caused all this.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • feromonicaferomonica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was in a map, like halfway. Server started acting odd, stopped working and kicked me. Can't just be the patch server. :confused:
    edited March 2014
    well i was chatting about the fact that i was going to do the mirror event, so yes it's foul :)
    edited March 2014
    feromonica wrote: »
    I was in a map, like halfway. Server started acting odd, stopped working and kicked me. Can't just be the patch server. :confused:

Could certainly be more. Sad part, however, is you can't even get past the patch server. Ergo, you can't even start the launcher. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • k4t3k4t3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hallo? Someone out there who is able to give us infos about the problem? No? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Server went down and lost "Reward package for" todays Mirror Universe Invasion event. :(:mad:
    edited March 2014
    so maybe they knew what the problem was , but they never fixed the reason why the problem occurred, looks like they hoped it would happen after the duration of the event and would be discarded, which it clearly doesn't, because now for the second time it's out.
    who ever who is responsible for this, please get your act togheter
  • feromonicaferomonica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »
    Hallo? Someone out there who is able to give us infos about the problem? No? :rolleyes:

They are trying to catch the hamsters. No time for a quick reply, brb. Lol... :P
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    Server is up, but by chance, are you all in the EU? Internet health reports may indicate that some online services are unreachable due to a regional ISP issue: http://www.internetpulse.net

This is unfortunately out of our control :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's what you *think*. :) A lot of updated map files, however, are patched on demand. You'll see a little text in your upper-right corner, saying 'Patching files...'

You can turn off the on demand patching in the options on the launcher. Then you can patch the entire game all at once rather than a little at a time.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    feromonica wrote: »
    They are trying to catch the hamsters. No time for a quick reply, brb. Lol... :P

there was an outage a few days back, i think the hamsters need some rest. maybe they are on strike? :D
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited March 2014
    eu here, still can't update the launcher
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If memory serves me Cryptic office is in PST, so they barely woke up by now and having coffee while driving to work.

Having said all that, this is 4 server downtime in the last 2 weeks. And general QoS deterioration in past 8 weeks: my lags are getting worser every week and I don't remember any lags before January 2014.

So what is it I wonder? Tribbles aren't buying enuff lock boxes and doff packs, so the cryptic downgraded their hosting package to the cheaper one?
    edited March 2014
    Server is up, but by chance, are you all in the EU? Internet health reports may indicate that some online services are unreachable due to a regional ISP issue: http://www.internetpulse.net

This is unfortunately out of our control :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

there is ALWAYS boston's ever unreliable connection. it may have nothing to do with european connection issues at all. cogent has always been a weak link in the chain.
    edited March 2014
    If memory serves me Cryptic office is in PST, so they barely woke up by now and having coffee while driving to work.

Doesn't matter. Brandon has already come in and blamed our ISP's for the problem. :(

Can't believe this. They're not even gonna try and fix this.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2014
    there is ALWAYS boston's ever unreliable connection. it may have nothing to do with european connection issues at all. cogent has always been a weak link in the chain.

I'm routed through cogent and an connecting without an issue. However, our entire office in Amsterdam is unable to connect, hence this being an issue in the overseas hops.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't matter. Brandon has already come in and blamed our ISP's for the problem. :(

Your ISP? I didn't. Regional ISP that your ISP routed you through, yes. We can't control the Internet, unfortunately. Maybe if Q was here...

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited March 2014
    I'm routed through cogent and an connecting without an issue. However, our entire office in Amsterdam is unable to connect, hence this being an issue in the overseas hops.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thats a problem because i logged in without incident and im in the uk.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How can Cryptic fix something that is out of their control? The logic that they can fix any connection errors that aren't even in the US is astoundingly inane.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited March 2014
    thats a problem because i logged in without incident and im in the uk.

Sounds like you're not affected then. It all depends on the hops your ISP takes you through to get to us. That's why you still might be able to stream online video but not connect to our network. If they share the same hops, both would be inaccessible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like you're not affected then. It all depends on the hops your ISP takes you through to get to us. That's why you still might be able to stream online video but not connect to our network. If they share the same hops, both would be inaccessible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

im pretty sure on im the same end as everyone else, maybe a tracert will provide some help for your team? whats your game server ip to tracert to?
    edited March 2014
    in a trace route the problem is in LA?
    edited March 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, then, what I do run a traceroute to? Time to figure out where the bottleneck is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Your ISP? I didn't. Regional ISP that your ISP routed you through, yes. We can't control the Internet, unfortunately. Maybe if Q was here...

Brandon, while we're at it :)

Have you guys ever considered eu or perhaps even emea shard? I know it's another 8 months till chrismas, but may be? Possibly?

From what I can tell anything which requires db interaction (exchange/banks/toon configs) aren't shardable, but perhaps pew-pew instances could be? So the european guys can pew pew on european servers?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im in the UK no problem for me.

i just checked and its saying the LA node is the problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.