What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This routine has actually gotten me into using Twitter...

Hey -- good idea...
  • Options
    oklavsoklavs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Celebrity death match time lol!
    Ill bring a shinobi/dwarf from goldenaxe tag team :D

to combat this i bring forth Tails and ecco the dolphin
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going on the previous two times this issue has happened... I'd say at this point it's better if most of us got some sleep and see what tomorrow brings. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    matrixbobmatrixbob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All i can tell you sir is i was playing. Then started getting kicked out randomly. I was trying to do a Exploration Mission but got kicked out for some state error or something i don't quiet remember what the error was. A Fleet mate got the same error on the Deep space nine attack mission.
  • Options
    uppercaseplzuppercaseplz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you go on steam forums you will see they know its a DDos attack.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&time=16150&view=map

Where on that site does it mention exactly that STO is under DDoS attack?
    The Borg have it all wrong. Resistance is not futile. Resistance is electromotive force over current. Hasn't the Borg Queen ever heard of Ohm's frickin' Law?
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As frustrating as it can be to many that this thread contains some unnecessary, irrelevant, or even some absolutely ridiculous nonsense, I would like to remind everyone, Moderators, Devs, and users alike that, in this downtime, a jovial group of fans such as us simply enjoy an outlet while we wait for the servers to come back online.

In all the chaos, I think a number of people (not limited just to users) have overlooked something extraordinary and important. As of my writing this post, there were 115 pages worth of posts, many of those posts containing users that have stayed watching and replying to this thread ever since the issue began. Moderators, you may get worked up and frustrated with trying to balance your duty to contain "unnecessary" posts and punish violations of the Terms of Service and EULA. Players, you may get worked up with the moderators for constantly editing posts, or for Askray's early (honest) mistake at insisting that the problem must be client-side rather than an issue on PWE's end. In spite of all of this, look at how long this thread is, look at how many of us are still here talking amongst ourselves, really look!

We've all been overlooking just how extraordinarily passionate each and every one of us here are. Like the Romulans and Remans, we have - for a time - lost our home, and our passion drives us to do something about that. Some of us turn to anger, some to despair, some to jovial sidetracking to pass the time until we find another. This, while chaotic, should not be discouraged; it shows just how passionate of a community we have, no matter how divided we may consistently be.

Perhaps, if any Moderators or developers honor me by taking the time to read this post in its entirety, we could have someone with the information, communicate with us what the actual problem is, share with us what is taking place. We do not need to understand it entirely, it does not have to be oversimplified to make us understand, just to hear with help bring all of us a little closer together while we all wait to find our lost home once more.

Jolan tru, brothers and sisters, never lose your passion.

^^ This... yes... I think warnings should be removed for the simple fact that some posts are clearly in jest and NOT a purposeful warning... so remove the proverbial stick and join in the fun because at the end of the day, we have lost our game for the time being, we do not need to be punished further for trying to entertain ourselves. Sure...if its a clear breach that's fine but in jest? Come on...

Lets let bygones be bygones, water under the bridge. Because grudges are something that can turn to resentment. And right now I'm pretty peeved that I got a warning...
  • Options
    phyzzie8842phyzzie8842 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i feel like a drug addict unable to get my fix O_o
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    As many including myself have stated in this thread, we have 0 information above what you have. So asking us to inform you won't help as we don't have any information than what you have. The only information anyone has released has been updated in the first post and that's all I got.

And by we I mean moderators.

That sucks dude but thanks for telling us and being open.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    superineptsuperinept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    FOlks, iot's not just STO. It's ALL of the games that I have on the Arc loader (Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Neverwinter). My guess is they have a serious issue they are trying to work out.
  • Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, guess I'll throw in some Voyager reruns and read some Trek Collection comics -- Hate to say it gang, but this STO repair could take all night.
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i feel like a drug addict unable to get my fix O_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE

Maybe you'll finish before the servers come back up >8D
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    omg servers are up OPPs sorry fell asleep and was dreaming
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2014
    Steam server stability went out the moment they included MAC support. Now it's down every other day.

I must disagree. I have been using a Mac laptop all the time over the last month or so, and have rarely had STO-related problems. Granted, since my Mac has less powerful hardware than my Win7 PC does (the latter is currently in for major repairs), the graphic resolution and processing speed is less. Patching download/install has been far easier on Mac than it was on my PC. If my Mac had at least 12 GB of RAM instead of 4 GB, and its CPU speed and graphics were at the same level as my PC, I probably would never play STO on my PC again. The only limitation for the Mac is a 15" screen size vs. the 20" that my PC used. I wish I could find a way to plug the 20" monitor into my Mac laptop. I've heard it's possible, but not being an ubergeek, I have no idea how to do it myself.

Btw, I am not an Apple fanatic. I don't care which computer I use, just as long as it works, it's fast, looks great on-screen, has a fast broadband connection, and lets me play STO on it.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have another 36 minutes after watching Picard and Riker being cool, Check out some Dylan!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    clmh32clmh32 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As far as I can tell the STO servers have been down for hours now. I was able to play this morning and have not been able to get back onto STO since. With the Mirror Event going on, I wonder if Cryptic/Perfect world will extend this event so that its customers/players of STO would be able to complete the event. Would it kill you guys to give a us an update as to ETA of STO online being back up and running?
  • Options
    shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    As many including myself have stated in this thread, we have 0 information above what you have. So asking us to inform you won't help as we don't have any information than what you have. The only information anyone has released has been updated in the first post and that's all I got.

And by we I mean moderators.

I understand, Askray. As I said, anyone providing the extent of the issue for all to see and understand as much as possible would help bring everyone together. It was not a request of any kind, merely a statement of fact to anyone that may have information to share to illuminate the issue.

The most important part of my post being that we are all very passionate about this game, otherwise we would not still be here talking about it in any form. That passion is a unifying characteristic, and one to be celebrated.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • Options
    rainbowwargamesrainbowwargames Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As frustrating as it can be to many that this thread contains some unnecessary, irrelevant, or even some absolutely ridiculous nonsense, I would like to remind everyone, Moderators, Devs, and users alike that, in this downtime, a jovial group of fans such as us simply enjoy an outlet while we wait for the servers to come back online.

In all the chaos, I think a number of people (not limited just to users) have overlooked something extraordinary and important. As of my writing this post, there were 115 pages worth of posts, many of those posts containing users that have stayed watching and replying to this thread ever since the issue began. Moderators, you may get worked up and frustrated with trying to balance your duty to contain "unnecessary" posts and punish violations of the Terms of Service and EULA. Players, you may get worked up with the moderators for constantly editing posts, or for Askray's early (honest) mistake at insisting that the problem must be client-side rather than an issue on PWE's end. In spite of all of this, look at how long this thread is, look at how many of us are still here talking amongst ourselves, really look!

We've all been overlooking just how extraordinarily passionate each and every one of us here are. Like the Romulans and Remans, we have - for a time - lost our home, and our passion drives us to do something about that. Some of us turn to anger, some to despair, some to jovial sidetracking to pass the time until we find another. This, while chaotic, should not be discouraged; it shows just how passionate of a community we have, no matter how divided we may consistently be.

Perhaps, if any Moderators or developers honor me by taking the time to read this post in its entirety, we could have someone with the information, communicate with us what the actual problem is, share with us what is taking place. We do not need to understand it entirely, it does not have to be oversimplified to make us understand, just to hear will help bring all of us a little closer together while we all wait to find our lost home once more.

Jolan tru, brothers and sisters, never lose your passion.

as someone who has been in the post since the beginning very well said and thank you!
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I must disagree. I have been using a Mac laptop all the time over the last month or so, and have rarely had STO-related problems. Granted, since my Mac has less powerful hardware than my Win7 PC does (the latter is currently in for major repairs), the graphic resolution and processing speed is less. Patching download/install has been far easier on Mac than it was on my PC. If my Mac had at least 12 GB of RAM instead of 4 GB, and its CPU speed and graphics were at the same level as my PC, I probably would never play STO on my PC again. The only limitation for the Mac is a 15" screen size vs. the 20" that my PC used. I wish I could find a way to plug the 20" monitor into my Mac laptop. I've heard it's possible, but not being an ubergeek, I have no idea how to do it myself.

Btw, I am not an Apple fanatic. I don't care which computer I use, just as long as it works, it's fast, looks great on-screen, has a fast broadband connection, and lets me play STO on it.

I was talking about steam. Not STO. read what you quoted.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    xxnosxxxxnosxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we have some sort of update please
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    superinept wrote: »
    FOlks, iot's not just STO. It's ALL of the games that I have on the Arc loader (Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Neverwinter). My guess is they have a serious issue they are trying to work out.

So... help me understand why multiple Cryptic games are out, and yet the Tribble test server works just fine? I mean, I get that it's a different server, but I assume the other games have different servers as well? And if it's an issue outside of Cryptic, why woudln't Tribble be down?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    clmh32 wrote: »
    Would it kill you guys to give a us an update as to ETA of STO online being back up and running?

Well, in order to do that, someone out there has to have a clue first.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oklavs wrote: »
    to combat this i bring forth Tails and ecco the dolphin

Echo flips and flaps and dies, and tails quickly becomes "stumps" courtesy of shinobi ninja shuirken attack.
    Victory is mine :D
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hay boss maybe if we push this button that says on
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, f*** adding more days of the mirror event. Just take 1 - 2 off the event project requirement and let it end on the scheduled date.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If your bored you can read about the outrage that occurred the previous two times this happened :D

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51171&page=162

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=750041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    please dont ask them to add anything they will f it up
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    Also, f*** adding more days of the mirror event. Just take 1 - 2 off the event project requirement and let it end on the scheduled date.

Or give everyone a mirror token thingy to cover this day on each toon then no need to extend the time...
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2014
    I hope this doesn't cut into my daily grind... then again, I still got time till the mirror incursion #2 ends.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    clmh32 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell the STO servers have been down for hours now. I was able to play this morning and have not been able to get back onto STO since. With the Mirror Event going on, I wonder if Cryptic/Perfect world will extend this event so that its customers/players of STO would be able to complete the event. Would it kill you guys to give a us an update as to ETA of STO online being back up and running?
    They could give an ETA but if they're wrong it's fires and pitchforks. Since they can't guarantee any ETA they're doing some posts from time to time to make sure people understand they haven't forgotten and are still working on it, but when they have an exact ETA they will post it and it will be updated on the first page :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.