test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 17, 2014

13»

Comments

• aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the same patching problem. Deleting Shader.hogg didn't help and makes it even worse.

No testing from me I guess.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    ktetch wrote: »
    nuh uh.
    I was playing maybe 2-3 hours ago, doors still missing (in between the tailor, and the warehouse with runabouts you can see) and the exchange console was up in the air (I had to jump and hit F to get it to register)

Also, on the undine battlezone, at least one occasion the klingon weapon wouldn't register one of the things being on, so was stuck on 3/4.

Ya huh! Has there been a patch since my last post? No? I didn't think so. I changed that stuff TODAY, at work. It will go out in a future patch.
    donburrito wrote: »
    One quick question for TacoFangs though: why did you delete the row of seats in the kinda "waiting room" area of sickbay? I thought they were a nice touch.

Those disappeared for the same reason the doors did. They've already been fixed.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    I have the same patching problem. Deleting Shader.hogg didn't help and makes it even worse.

No testing from me I guess.

Had the same issue as the rest. It froze while patching then froze on startup the next time I tried to patch Tribble. I tried deleting the the Shader.hogg and tried doing a Forced-Verify with no change.

I finally decided that since the .manifest file was where it froze I would delete it. Found it in the folder "Playtest/.patch" and deleted the contents of that folder. Started the patch up again, CPU usage hit 50% on 2/4 CPUs and memory usage hit over 500MB but after a short time it settled and completed the patch process and I was then able to log in.

No issues since.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I fear the most is that what is on tribble right now is the bulk of season 9.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Drozana console that gives out test kits is turned back on.

Well unless I've completely missed something, it hasn't. The usual test console is giving out last season's goodies and there isn't another technological thing on the station to interact with that has anything to do with kits.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ya huh! Has there been a patch since my last post? No? I didn't think so. I changed that stuff TODAY, at work. It will go out in a future patch.

Yes, sorry, I was playing after a long day at work, and came to post. Wasn't thinking.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I fear the most is that what is on tribble right now is the bulk of season 9.

They have already said that there will be only one FE and then just a copy paste of season 8 except with Undine instead of Voth.

Personally, i am hoping they go more one step in the absurd and have SHARKS WITH LASERZ!!!
  • donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the reply! And I have to say I loved falling through some of those doors today lol
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My launcher is freezing trying to patch Tribble as well with this patch, didn't happen before.

I'm trying force verify right now.
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I had to get rid of my entire playtest folder and redownload Tribble in order for it to patch properly. Extreme? Yes, but it worked.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • twwiglingentwwiglingen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My problem is I can't seem to get the game to start running. It patched ok but every time I try to start it up it says, "unable to start on-demand patching service" or something like that.
    edited March 2014
    My launcher is freezing trying to patch Tribble as well with this patch, didn't happen before.

I'm trying force verify right now.

This did not work for me, also tried Running as Admin, also did not work.

I will try deleting the entire play test folder now, and re-downloading the entire thing.
    edited March 2014
    My problem is I can't seem to get the game to start running. It patched ok but every time I try to start it up it says, "unable to start on-demand patching service" or something like that.

Turn off on-demand patching in the launcher setup options. That way it will patch the entire thing up front.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Turn off on-demand patching in the launcher setup options. That way it will patch the entire thing up front.
    I had tried that too, it didn't work, in the end I copied and pasted my live game into my playtest folder letting it overwrite everything then logged in and let tribble patch it over again, that worked for me. I'm sure it's just one file that was the culprit but which one, I have no idea.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yeah that way works. On a side point you have good taste in avatars. :cool:
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yay more new content!

I'm all for the new space battle zone. However, I've already acquired all the Dyson Rep gear and still have over 1,700 Dyson Marks collecting digital dust.

Is there new Dyson Rep Gear that is being worked on to go along with this new content? It's fun to play through on Tribble but the rewards are not going to motivate myself and perhaps many others to play this more than a handful of times.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there new Dyson Rep Gear that is being worked on to go along with this new content? It's fun to play through on Tribble but the rewards are not going to motivate myself and perhaps many others to play this more than a handful of times.
    According to what I tested, you get Undine Marks with the new upcoming content, so my guess is: new Undine reputation, your huge stacks of Dyson marks is useless.

Will we ever get a mark conversion option so all the marks we're piling up despite having unlocked everything may be useful again?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    According to what I tested, you get Undine Marks with the new upcoming content, so my guess is: new Undine reputation, your huge stacks of Dyson marks is useless.

Will we ever get a mark conversion option so all the marks we're piling up despite having unlocked everything may be useful again?

Convert them to dilithium ore.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Convert them to dilithium ore.
    Other than the obvious use, I meant. And I'd be happier to do it more if we could convert stacks of marks/processors, instead of just 3-5 at once.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a more positive note, they've at least added the patcher issues to the "known issues" of yesterday's patch notes, so they are aware of the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile