test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I regret uninstaling the game now...

twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
Because my five hour flight delay to the banned country could be going a lot faster if I was pew-pewing.

Don't cry for me, Andoria...
<3
Post edited by twg042370 on

Comments

• Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Because my five hour flight delay to the banned country could be going a lot faster if I was pew-pewing.

You'll always have your memories :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well.. Ask yourself: "What would Janeway do?"

The answer is simple: Get a cup of coffe, Violate the prime-directive, go on a nut rage for personal purposes....

That should kill 5 hours.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

The answer is simple: Get a cup of coffe, Violate the prime-directive, go on a nut rage for personal purposes....

until you find yourself with several military officers knocking on your door accusing you of failure to heed their requests and end up in prison. but sure if those 5 hours are worth it :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    until you find yourself with several military officers knocking on your door accusing you of failure to heed their requests and end up in prison. but sure if those 5 hours are worth it :P.

Well... Correct me if I am wrong, but Janeway got punished with the rank of Butt-admiral?
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well... Correct me if I am wrong, but Janeway got punished with the rank of Butt-admiral?

That was because she TRIBBLE starfleet and made all recommendations and commendations Picard was supposed to getmove to her file....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That was because she TRIBBLE starfleet and made all recommendations and commendations Picard was supposed to getmove to her file....

I find that story believable.
  • Options
    samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm so sorry man... But I have to ask. Where are you moving, why are you moving there and why in God's name did they ban computer game there? Could they actually catch you for playing it and throw you in prison? That is some seriously stupid sh*t...
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Haha! YES!!!

Seriously I love Janeway!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dumb question? Why all the hate for janeway? What because she wasn't some paladin in shining white armor?

I mean look at other captains. Kirk, how many times did he violate protocol, the prime directive, but he's the white knight?

Picard, granted didn't do it as much, but he bent or violated the rules when it suited him or do I need to mention in First Contact he blatantly disregarded orders. But that's ok it's Picard.

Or Archer? Good god how much did the man stumble through. Granted no directive yet, but good god, when your science officer has to quote chapter and verse on why it's a BAD IDEA to contaminate species who haven't made the leap to warp travel, might want to take heed.

Or sisko? Good god man. Punched Q, antagonized the prophets, poisoned a world and threatened to do it over and over again till Edrington turned himself over. Quit his command when his best friend died, then just strolled right back in later and took command again.

Now do I think janeway is the best captain? Not by a long shot. She simply had a temper from the darkside of hell when roused. Does that make her bad? No just human.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    She simply had a temper from the darkside of hell when roused. Does that make her bad? No just human.

It made her fun as hell to watch! Who doesn't love watching the protagonist of a story deliver the wrath of hell on their enemies?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    It made her fun as hell to watch! Who doesn't love watching the protagonist of a story deliver the wrath of hell on their enemies?

You should watch when Sisko punches Q in the face. That was priceless.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Headcanon accepted.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dumb question? Why all the hate for janeway? What because she wasn't some paladin in shining white armor?

I mean look at other captains. Kirk, how many times did he violate protocol, the prime directive, but he's the white knight?

Picard, granted didn't do it as much, but he bent or violated the rules when it suited him or do I need to mention in First Contact he blatantly disregarded orders. But that's ok it's Picard.

Or Archer? Good god how much did the man stumble through. Granted no directive yet, but good god, when your science officer has to quote chapter and verse on why it's a BAD IDEA to contaminate species who haven't made the leap to warp travel, might want to take heed.

Or sisko? Good god man. Punched Q, antagonized the prophets, poisoned a world and threatened to do it over and over again till Edrington turned himself over. Quit his command when his best friend died, then just strolled right back in later and took command again.

Now do I think janeway is the best captain? Not by a long shot. She simply had a temper from the darkside of hell when roused. Does that make her bad? No just human.
    Agreeing witrh this. I like Janeway the best so far... because she is human, unlike some of these more artifical and perfect characters floating around.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You should watch when Sisko punches Q in the face. That was priceless.

hehe

Q "You hit me! Picard never hit me.

Sisko "Im NOT Picard!"

Those were the best lines written I think!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Headcanon accepted.

It's from the beginning of this.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreeing witrh this. I like Janeway the best so far... because she is human, unlike some of these more artifical and perfect characters floating around.
    Yeah, the only times I could empathize with Picard were when he was curious about something. Whenever he started one of his monologues about morality I usually just tuned him out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not true about violating the Prime Directive; as that part could vary from week to week:

IE - One week she's the staunch upholder of the PD - ready to sacrifice ship and crew. Then, the next week, she's willing to hrow the PD out the airlock, rather then sacrifice a single crewmember.

So, in the end, it depends on which Bi-Polar state the character's in.:D:P
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Not true about violating the Prime Directive; as that part could vary from week to week:

IE - One week she's the staunch upholder of the PD - ready to sacrifice ship and crew. Then, the next week, she's willing to hrow the PD out the airlock, rather then sacrifice a single crewmember.

Right... well... true.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hehe

Q "You hit me! Picard never hit me.

Sisko "Im NOT Picard!"

Those were the best lines written I think!

And this is why there's "Kirk vs Picard" conversations and never "Sisko vs Anyone" conversations.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2014

That's precisely why I don't like her as a character, she was all over the map. My suspicion as to why is that there was a struggle between different writers on the show as to what her personality was, and each side just kept writing her their preferred way, giving her the appearance of psychosis.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014

^This exactly. It's like some of you never watched the show. Janeway was a terrible captain.

However, if they would have gone full pirate/rogue in Voyager (like Captain Ransom) Janeway's bipolarity would have been fitting. Why, oh why, wasn't Voyager like the episode "living witness" throughout the series. Give me Warship Voyager any day over moralizing yet wishy-washy writing, Chakotay as a terrible stereotype, annoying Neelix, LaForge redux Harry Kim, mid-life crisis Tom Paris, let's make a deal/thump my 24th century Bible Janeway any day of the week.

End rant. Seriously devs, make a Warship Voyager, I'll throw zen at you.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Is there not some thing about Narwhals and Bacon that dealt with flight delays?
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry man... But I have to ask. Where are you moving, why are you moving there and why in God's name did they ban computer game there? Could they actually catch you for playing it and throw you in prison? That is some seriously stupid sh*t...

I will be in South Korea. A land that PWE hates to the point of blocking all players there.

Their loss.
    <3
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought South Korea was big time into online gaming?
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just that South Korea is into online gaming doesn't mean that PWE is allowing South Korea on their servers. For reasons unknown to us they block South Korean IP's out of all of their games. The issue here isn't with the South Korean government, its with a couple of shareholders in Hongkong. So the influence we will have over their decision is................ non existing.

As to you twg042370, at least add another 40 posts. 2100 is a nice post count for your forced break of the game. If you ever have a chance to join us again, you can continue working from a beautiful number :D

Ow, and LLAP in South Korea!
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They also block China, my understanding is that this is an attempt to thwart spammers who operate in those regions.
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    that really doesn't stop that one spammer who shall not be named pming me offering services, reporting spam only works after the fact.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tobar26th wrote: »
    And this is why there's "Kirk vs Picard" conversations and never "Sisko vs Anyone" conversations.

Sisko the Incomparable. ;) I find something I like in each of the captains but we all have our favourites.

On topic, interesting about South Korea. There's always StarCraft I suppose! :D
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With a bit of advanced networking / proxying, you can make it look like you're in some other "allowed" country.

I wouldn't let South Korea get between me and STO!