What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (March 6, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.

(...)

Known Issues:

There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain’s inventory is full.
    Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.
    Warp trails are not consistently the same color for Romulan captains.

Known Issue: Rom Embassy boffs lose body parts when trained by other Captains.

Remember the speech you gave, the other day, about not ignoring things? Why, this would be a perfect opportunity to prove it, and finally get this very annoying bug fixed! :D
    Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Reports of my patience and understanding are highly exaggerated.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wow! The KDF uniforms issue is finally being fixed! Huzzah! :D
    And the bank shrinking thing fix is good, it's was sooo annoying.

However, I'm starting with a new report now until I see these very important and even gamebreaking issues at least acknowledged.

IGNORED ISSUES

- Season 8 graphics/missing textures bug
    - KDF Captains can't enter Delta Volanis Cluster

Add the following to the list:
    * In "Bringing Down The House", after talking to the farmers, and they mention the Romulan, the objective does not advance from "talk to the farmers" to "investigate surveyor location", rendering the mission un-completeable
    * Two different early KDF missions give exactly the same Tac BOff, and they are both bound so you cannot sell them. They are given as mission rewards, and there is no option to select a BOff of a different type, which would be much more helpful for characters who want to fly anything other than a Raptor.
    * The exchange does not allow filtering by quality (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare) except when searching the Bridge Officer category.
    * When in the Tholian Widow fighter, using Beam: Fire at Will causes me to shoot myself, resulting in damage.
    * The mission in Defera's Power Plant where you have to rescue trapped engineers does not allow you to rescue them, rendering the mission un-completable, and the Reclaimer of Defera accolade also unable to be completed.
    * Repairing satellites at Deferi Outpost 32 no longer seem to count towards completion of the relevant accolade (Deferi Satellite Repairman).
    * The dilithium mining minigame has lost the straight lines between the corners on the alignment sight (ie. the bit you move), making it more difficult to play.
    * In the ship tailor, all ships show their optional colours as black in the lower panel, even if they have different colours applied in the main graphic. The only way to change the colours (and have that change reflected in the main graphic) is to click on one of the presets on the left.
    * When standing close to the tents & transporter pad at the Epohh Fields on New Romulus, after joining a team and changing zone to meet them, you materialise at the Altai River transporter pad.
    * My main (Tac Fed) has two copies of the Omega Force Operative accolade - one complete, one incomplete. The incomplete one shows all three parts ticked.
    * There is no graphic in the ship selector for the Kivra shuttle (the basic KDF small craft, equivalent to a Fed Type 8).
    * When viewing your ship in the character profile window, the image for the NX class is offset to the right, so the front portion of the saucer is cut off.
    * The Panels & Pockets trousers only allow you to select one colour, when before Christmas there were four areas with selectable colours.
    * Despite completing Stranded in Space with teams from all professions on multiple toons, none of them have been awarded "Plays Well With Others".
    * KDF characters are unable to claim their Borg Science Officer after walking through an IMR in Khitomer Accord - In Stasis.

I have reported all of these at some point. They range from gamebreaking to minor annoyance, and I suspect most of them are down to poorly-written code that would have taken less time to double check in the first place than it now will to fix.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.

All those who accused the devs of being anti-kdf should now eat their words....

Ketchup anyone?
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only three pages after OP and hardly any whines?

I'm disappointed. I expect more from you, people.

Cheers.

There is no point anymore on write complains lol.

People will be happy just to see 1 bug fixed, even if there are still 200 out there. Just check the first comments.. its incredible lol.

At least im glad they solved the KDF costume issue, klingon players will be happy now. Dont expect a klingon bug to be solved again in the next year lol. But still i dont understand y so many other bugs are just ignored. Week after week the same story.

I hope that you guys dont think a patch that solves 3 bugs is a "patch". I could do that myself. Im still waiting cryptic to make a real patch someday. Until then, all these crappy and cheap weekly patches says nothing to me. Sadly. Cryptic is lucky the game is about star trek, if that will not the case, the game will be dead long time ago lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    embrosil wrote: »
    Still no fix for the missing weapons on characters. How hard can it be to fix it?

Its not a problem of difficulty. I only will say that. Its incredible that you dont know cryptic by now lol.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And So It Begins kross fingers

somehow when the server go down the vid pop in my head :D
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    About the bank not saving saved shapes, does this apply to the inventory as well, i have a few characters that the inventory also defaults to original size?
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope that you guys dont think a patch that solves 3 bugs is a "patch". I could do that myself. Im still waiting cryptic to make a real patch someday. Until then, all these crappy and cheap weekly patches says nothing to me.

How often do those "real" patches come out? In my experience there's usually been several months between them, they're not much more impressive than these ones (scaling for time) and they're dealing with a stationary target, except for when one expansion comes out two years later.
    Where do you guys get the idea that patching a modern game with frequent content updates is easy?

Anyway...
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    My science captains thank you! The rest think it's pretty cool, but rarely use more than one team power anyway.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F6u5TIUbI
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    How often do those "real" patches come out? In my experience there's usually been several months between them, they're not much more impressive than these ones (scaling for time) and they're dealing with a stationary target, except for when one expansion comes out two years later.
    Where do you guys get the idea that patching a modern game with frequent content updates is easy?

Anyway...

My science captains thank you! The rest think it's pretty cool, but rarely use more than one team power anyway.

Sorry, but im tired of playin mmorpgs (that i will not name, so the admins can just erase it) that in a question of 2 weeks, released about 5 or 6 patches to fix bugs when it was required, and not just 1 crappy patch every week that will take about 4 hours to make and only solves 2 or 3 bugs and only 1 of em is important, and it should be solved ages ago (when finally is solved all people are happy , even if has passed 2 years). Sorry but i must be the only one reasonable person here. Cryptic will not fool me just solving a bug that should be fixed 2 years ago.

Obviously u didnt play too many games. A weekly patch that requires so little time to apply and so little changes, means NOTHING. Maybe cryptic wasted about 8 hours of real work on that patch (and those are A LOT of hours, lol). Because, i dont understand, being a computer coder as well, why the hell is so hard to fix some bugs, i will never understand. And since cryptic cant tell us anyways, why they are not willing to fix some bugs, the only thing we can assume if that they just dont want to waste time fixing bugs. Thats all, you dont need to be very intelligent to understand this.

Its just unbelievable. 1 crapy patch of 2 hours every week?? u kidding me?? :mad:

I said tons of times, when i started playing that if things goes this way, the game will be dead by 2015. Or maybe not dead, but more than 50% of the base player will be gone. In fact there will be only left the ones who bought a lfs.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Time to pull out my Fleet Gal-R and make it even tankier than it was before. And that's saying something.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Time to pull out my Fleet Gal-R and make it even tankier than it was before. And that's saying something.

That ought to be fun.

Sure, the damage is still pants, but simultaneous eng, sci, and tac teams?

INVINCIBLE.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, but im tired of playin mmorpgs (that i will not name, so the admins can just erase it) that in a question of 2 weeks, released about 5 or 6 patches to fix bugs when it was required, and not just 1 crappy patch every week that will take about 4 hours to make and only solves 2 or 3 bugs and only 1 of em is important, and it should be solved ages ago (when finally is solved all people are happy , even if has passed 2 years). Sorry but i must be the only one reasonable person here. Cryptic will not fool me just solving a bug that should be fixed 2 years ago.

Obviously u didnt play too many games. A weekly patch that requires so little time to apply and so little changes, means NOTHING. Maybe cryptic wasted about 8 hours of real work on that patch (and those are A LOT of hours, lol). Because, i dont understand, being a computer coder as well, why the hell is so hard to fix some bugs, i will never understand. And since cryptic cant tell us anyways, why they are not willing to fix some bugs, the only thing we can assume if that they just dont want to waste time fixing bugs. Thats all, you dont need to be very intelligent to understand this.

Its just unbelievable. 1 crapy patch of 2 hours every week?? u kidding me?? :mad:

I said tons of times, when i started playing that if things goes this way, the game will be dead by 2015. Or maybe not dead, but more than 50% of the base player will be gone. In fact there will be only left the ones who bought a lfs.

May I ask a question - do you EVER post anything positive?

I'm relatively new to these forums but every post I see from you is whinge after whinge after whinge.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Obviously you know very little about servers. STO is not running on a single home computer, LOL. There will be dozens of servers involved. Even bringing down the server will take quite some time, as things needs to be off-loaded in an orderly fashion. Same for rebooting all the backend components: database servers need to be started, login servers, payment processors, etc. And all will more or less need to wait for each other (can't start login server without database backend, for example).

And that's not even counting the time for the actual patching that needs to be rolled out.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    steaen wrote: »

I'm relatively new to these forums but every post I see from you is whinge after whinge after whinge.

Thats not the problem. I post a lof of positive things but people usually only answers to negative ones. It is an universal thing on every forum on internet. People dont understand that negative posts are necessary but in this case, in the case of cryptic this doesnt apply since cryptic will do always what they want, it doestn matter what is the opinion of the customers.

I said a lot of times lol, i love the game, but i hate how cryptic is abusing the customers and, i cant stop to notice that people cares nothing about the game dying. Thats the reason in patch notes and similar post i only write negative comments, because there is no space for positive ones. Not if you are a reasonable person. But dont worry, since it is a waste of time (it doesnt matter, since people will never change = so cryptic will never change) this is maybe one of the last "negative" post i write.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2014

u cant please every1
  • Options
    edited March 2014

No, that guy whinges all the time.

Even his "positive" posts are whinges. I don't think I've even once seen him say anything that did not contain a complaint of some sort.

It's guys like edge that make the devs look down on us.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Obviously you know very little about servers. STO is not running on a single home computer, LOL. There will be dozens of servers involved. Even bringing down the server will take quite some time, as things needs to be off-loaded in an orderly fashion. Same for rebooting all the backend components: database servers need to be started, login servers, payment processors, etc. And all will more or less need to wait for each other (can't start login server without database backend, for example).

And that's not even counting the time for the actual patching that needs to be rolled out.

I know what i need to know. I am a computer coder and i know more than you think about servers lol. Thats the reason i write this, because i know what im talking about. Sometimes i just think people that justify cryptic all the time are just kids, or people trying to justify their lfs subs.

I know that people like you, always trying to justify cryptic are the ones that are making this game be trowing away to the sewers. There is nothing much to say, except that if you think cryptic is doing a "good" job, then, i am not surprised that the game is messed up like is it now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    No, that guy whinges all the time.

Even his "positive" posts are whinges. I don't think I've even once seen him say anything that did not contain a complaint of some sort.

It's guys like edge that make the devs look down on us.

As i said, only negative comments are answered in the forums. I also saw a lot of false positive comments from you that were senseless, but i never bothered to answer those lol.

Maybe i am the only one with the "guts" to post negative comments, thats the problem. People, instead of writting his real thoughts, just write "cryptic pleas, fix this.." and thats it.

And anyways, what positives comments will possibly be valid?? yeah, make fun but i tell you xD, your dear game will be dead in 2015. Precisely because all the "cows" in the forums wiill agree to whatever cryptic does, and they will happy and they will only write positive comments. If thats the way you want it, be my guess, but only with negative comments will cryptic make things right.

You think that people saying "thanks cryptic good job!!" to a stupid patch that actually solves almost nothing (compared with all the stuff that needs to be fixed) is good to the game development?? lol, u guys really need to wake up, seriously.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I miss branflakes he posted dev blogs when the game was down for a patch ive not seen one been posted at the same time as maintenance with the new guy.:(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Think you will have to move to a state that allows polygamy, cuz it was a team effort!

Who here thinks Worffan would make a lovely blushing bride?

~CaptainSmirk

He's an attention seeking genetic disaster... Far from the lovely blushing bride category for sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    I miss branflakes he posted dev blogs when the game was down for a patch ive not seen one been posted at the same time as maintenance with the new guy.:(

Yeah, those always gave me something to do while the game was down.

Well. An hour and ten minutes left, I'd better go play chess or something. I'd study for midterms, but I already memorized the textbook for my actually important class, and the others are easy.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »

You could always go outside for a walk. I know in my city it's actually very nice out - like 65 degrees and sunny.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wow! The KDF uniforms issue is finally being fixed! Huzzah! :D
    And the bank shrinking thing fix is good, it's was sooo annoying.

However, I'm starting with a new report now until I see these very important and even gamebreaking issues at least acknowledged.

IGNORED ISSUES

- Season 8 graphics/missing textures bug
    - KDF Captains can't enter Delta Volanis Cluster

You may wish to add the KDF maurading boff skin/costume thing to ignored ssues :p (unless todays fix miraculously mends that too ^^)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    You could always go outside for a walk. I know in my city it's actually very nice out - like 65 degrees and sunny.

Im in the UK its raining n very windy temperature are hell its just bloodt cold.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Add the following to the list:
    * In "Bringing Down The House", after talking to the farmers, and they mention the Romulan, the objective does not advance from "talk to the farmers" to "investigate surveyor location", rendering the mission un-completeable.

For this one, you have to also speak to the Porters that are located at the cargo area for some reason. They give the same response as the Farmers and speaking to them as well as the farmers will advance the mission. A workaround yes, but at least the mission can still be completed.

You know what bugs me about the KDF side is that promotion/ship award progression is tied to completing the "Test of Mettle" mission and not actually just leveling up.
  • Options
    lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And anyways, what positives comments will possibly be valid?? yeah, make fun but i tell you xD, your dear game will be dead in 2015. Precisely because all the "cows" in the forums wiill agree to whatever cryptic does, and they will happy and they will only write positive comments. If thats the way you want it, be my guess, but only with negative comments will cryptic make things right.

You think that people saying "thanks cryptic good job!!" to a stupid patch that actually solves almost nothing (compared with all the stuff that needs to be fixed) is good to the game development?? lol, u guys really need to wake up, seriously.

So now I am "cow"... not bad, easy life, not much stress... Should be playable spiece in STO.
    I would play a cow... :rolleyes:

But siriously:
    You have right in some part (IMHO). I feel too, that this game is not going in good direction for some time now. It's less and less ST and I don't mean "canon" (because there is no canon for 25th century other than STO)* but "ST feeling" both in story and game mechanics.

But the game will not be dead in 2015. Cryptic job is not to make the best game ever (sadly) but to get as much money from their product as they can. So if 2013 was the best year in STO history it proofs that devs are doing good job. It is just not the job You want them doing :)
    So people like You and probably me will leave STO but that doesn't mean game will be dead. Just it will not be our game anymore.

And about negative posts: yeah, that... what would be the point to maintain this section of forum without negative feedback?

*there is, i know, but it is as much canon as STO
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ive got a lovely bunch of dragonballs do do do do do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPh3vdOY1s
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Best patch Ive seen in a significant time. The team(s) thing is awesome AND I get to pull my Galaxy Dred out of mothballs (fleet version ofc) Spectacular..

(thus answering the question: Is it shiny? Is it scrumptious? Will it make us money?)
This discussion has been closed.