test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (March 6, 2014) [Complete!]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hailing all Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, March 6th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• engelenhartengelenhart Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for boosting the power of my spacebar. :)
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    Please let it be a delete button, otherwise I'm probably going to end up with more costumes than I have slots for.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    best part of the patch notes.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

*dies of happiness*

Thank you SO much, Smirk!

Hey, Devs, who was in charge of fixing the KDF costume bug? I want to marry that guy!
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why are you rushing the team changes to live so fast without us having enough chance to test this? I don't mind changes but you have to be reasonable and allow enough time for testing and feedback, a major change this fast from test server to live is completely unreasonable.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow! The KDF uniforms issue is finally being fixed! Huzzah! :D
    And the bank shrinking thing fix is good, it's was sooo annoying.

However, I'm starting with a new report now until I see these very important and even gamebreaking issues at least acknowledged.

IGNORED ISSUES

- Season 8 graphics/missing textures bug
    - KDF Captains can't enter Delta Volanis Cluster
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    why are you rushing the team changes to live so fast without us having enough chance to test this? I don't mind changes but you have to be reasonable and allow enough time for testing and feedback, a major change this fast from test server to live is completely unreasonable.

not really, in most games, things like this are decently common place when balance is a problem.
  • asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »

Major change; are you kidding me? Being able to hit two buttons at the same time is not a major change. It's golden its perfect, we will all love it! We must press forth, the borg do not wait, the borg take no hostages. And I'm not interested in hearing the complaints of the 0.01% of players who spend all of their free time in PvP aiming to get 15 kills and suffer no losses and being the major reason so many fine features of this game have been nerfed. Also Cryptic, while I'm not thrilled with the reboot, I'm happy to hear that the lance beam has finally been fixed!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As I said in the Tribble notes, all of my KDF toons still have the dead costume slots that cannot be worn or edited.

Was the fix fixed or are you people just going to wave your hands around, these are not the costume slots you are looking for
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One question before the overhauled Dreadnought and its fleet brother hit the shelves : Wil the seperated saucer stick around the hull part and being a help, or is it going to wander around doing nothing, helping out others like the Ha'akona. I have that ship and it's annoying me that I have zilch benefit of the seperated piece.

To be honest, and most might agree with me, but that seperated part should be controlled like a pet from a carrier (excluded the replenishment). For example an attack mode, defend mode, heal mode.

Also concerning the Ha'akona, when will we see a fleet version of this ship.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asovanra wrote: »
    Major change; are you kidding me? Being able to hit two buttons at the same time is not a major change. It's golden its perfect, we will all love it! We must press forth, the borg do not wait, the borg take no hostages. And I'm not interested in hearing the complaints of the 0.01% of players who spend all of their free time in PvP aiming to get 15 kills and suffer no losses and being the major reason so many fine features of this game have been nerfed. Also Cryptic, while I'm not thrilled with the reboot, I'm happy to hear that the lance beam has finally been fixed!

Well if you ignore some aspects of the game like PVP it might not be a major change for you. For those of us that play the entire game which includes pvp it will be. I am not trying to just have easy 15 kill no loss matches, I am worried some matches won't even end if everyone becomes unkillable.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    *dies of happiness*

Thank you SO much, Smirk!

Hey, Devs, who was in charge of fixing the KDF costume bug? I want to marry that guy!

Think you will have to move to a state that allows polygamy, cuz it was a team effort!

Who here thinks Worffan would make a lovely blushing bride?

~CaptainSmirk
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asovanra wrote: »

So what you're saying is that 0.01% of the players can tie their shoes while 99.99% of the players are having trouble managing to wear flipflops? It would matchup with what Geko said in the PO158.5 podcast mind you....
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So with the KDF costume issue being patched, when's the next Klingon Runway?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can see the thousands of KDF players being rushed to the hospital due to heart failures over their costume bug fix...
    :)

Oh, and, afaik there are no states in the union which allow polygamous relationships...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So what you're saying is that 0.01% of the players can tie their shoes while 99.99% of the players are having trouble managing to wear flipflops? It would matchup with what Geko said in the PO158.5 podcast mind you....

Which is unfortunate as he seems to hint that the solution is to make everybody wear those awful water socks. Small, medium, or large?

Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing how the team changes pan out. The Galaxy 'reboot' should be called something else, and I am really very hopeful that the KDF uniform situation is sorted because I am relentless with the STO Barbie mini-game. Thanks for at least a bit of KDF love guys! Now how 'bout that flanking? :D
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    The Galaxy 'reboot' should be called something else

I don't have a single Fed toon, but my vote's for "Galaxy Boot to the Head"...
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    I am really very hopeful that the KDF uniform situation is sorted because I am relentless with the STO Barbie mini-game.

Off Duty

Head
    Off Duty - Helmets and Wraps - Khan Wrap (black)

Uniform
    Upper Body
    Category - Off Duty - Jacket Loose
    Upper - Winter Coat Long Black
    Hands - Khan's Gloves (black)
    Arm Attach Left - Mercenary Pouches 3 (black)
    Arm Attach Right - Mercenary Pouches 1 (black)
    Chest Gear - Mercenary Bandolier 3 (black)
    Lower Body
    Category - Off Duty - Robe
    Belt - Mercenary 2 (black)
    Lower - Robe Vertical Pane (black)
    Feet - Boots - Mercenary (black)

I'm really digging that for my Captains.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not bad, but moving automatic shield distribution to somewhere other than Tactical Team would have been a better solution.
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't have a single Fed toon, but my vote's for "Galaxy Boot to the Head"...
    *exceptional costuming goes here*
    I'm really digging that for my Captains.

I like your title proposition - it has the virtue of being honest. I'm also digging that costume concept. It sounds very Revan from KOTOR.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only three pages after OP and hardly any whines?

I'm disappointed. I expect more from you, people.

Cheers.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only three pages after OP and hardly any whines?

I'm disappointed. I expect more from you, people.

Cheers.

See here for tirbble notes and 13 pages of whines.

Also
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140207a.18

General:
    • The Cloaking Device Console can no longer be used on the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit and Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
      • This console was not meant to be usable on these ships.
    • The Galaxy Dreadnought Saucer can now fire its mini lance when separated.

Sending things live when you know there's issues is just bad.i can only hope this patch has been ninja'd into todays patch
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wow! The KDF uniforms issue is finally being fixed! Huzzah! :D
    And the bank shrinking thing fix is good, it's was sooo annoying.

However, I'm starting with a new report now until I see these very important and even gamebreaking issues at least acknowledged.

IGNORED ISSUES

- Season 8 graphics/missing textures bug
    - KDF Captains can't enter Delta Volanis Cluster

I'll second that report. Just an acknowledgment of the gfx issues would be nice! They DO actually exist you know Dev's.
    server_hamster6.png
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And what's up with the ground weapon visual bug? It happened two weeks ago after the patch. When my character is idle- standing the weapon disappears... Anyone else has this problem?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    And what's up with the ground weapon visual bug? It happened two weeks ago after the patch. When my character is idle- standing the weapon disappears... Anyone else has this problem?

Yep, I get that as well. It seems to be costume related sometimes?
    server_hamster6.png
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still no fix for the missing weapons on characters. How hard can it be to fix it?
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    embrosil wrote: »
    How hard can it be to fix it?

Don't say that! You'll jinx it!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Say WHAT !!! :D
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Think you will have to move to a state that allows polygamy, cuz it was a team effort!

Who here thinks Worffan would make a lovely blushing bride?

~CaptainSmirk

Ok, you are officially a worthy replacement for the mighty BranFlakes, may His glorious Name be praised.

Seriously, thank you guys sooooooooo much for fixing that costume bug. That thing has been the bane of the KDF faction for...well, at least three months, probably more.
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »

It's also causing your equipped weapon to randomly appear on your back even when you have the visual disabled.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

(...)

Known Issues:

There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain’s inventory is full.
    Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.
    Warp trails are not consistently the same color for Romulan captains.

Known Issue: Rom Embassy boffs lose body parts when trained by other Captains.

Remember the speech you gave, the other day, about not ignoring things? Why, this would be a perfect opportunity to prove it, and finally get this very annoying bug fixed! :D
    Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Reports of my patience and understanding are highly exaggerated.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.