test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loginserver and server not responding

happening since last patch, every time now and then the last days, massive lagspikes and server not responding, mainly from 8pm (eu time) on
Post edited by davideight on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So have you looked at this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

.. and if you have, then post some network diagnostic data, as no one will be able to help you without it...
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    Experiencing the same right now. West coast, United States.

I've gone through the usual suspects; system, connection, reboot, repower the modem etc. etc.

Login screen is slow; character screen 40-20 seconds to even load characters.

In for 30 seconds and dumped right away.
  • drkoxdrkox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just downloaded the game and cant conect to the server can anyone help me ???
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suffering major issues here of the dreaded red server not responding. I've done the tests on the traceroutes and net test thingy and all seems fine.

Any suggestions gratefully received...
  • marko0506marko0506 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hi everyone,

I have a question. For a past few weaks now i am getting kicked out of the game during map tranfer, for example, from ESD to Sol system, even when entering an STF or leaving one. When it happens in entering STF I get STF leaver penalty, and didn't even got a chance to play. After that I cannot log back in with that toon. Normal and safe log in don't seem to have any effect. I tried doing everything GM help offered, disabeling on demand patching, force verified, running the game in safe mode, flushing dns catche, and so on. Nothing works. I reported every incident, but got no help at all. Do any of you have any idea what to do? tnx..
  • gunnyhwygunnyhwy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it just me or is the Login Server being a pain today. Can login then get discoonected from server.
  • duphy101duphy101 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having issues with my Game client not responding. I attempt to login it will go to the Cryptic title screen then i will get a "Not Responding" error.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Exact same thing here. I'll get one toon who can't login while all the rest can. I don't even need to be dropped for it to start. I have it again right now. This morning for no apparent reason I can't log one of my dudes in no matter what I try. Each failure causes a crash out and I have to relogin. Never had this in over a year of game play. Last few weeks I get it every day or so.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Managed to log in today, went to beam up got server not responding and hung there for ages. Then ended up closing the client restarted STO, wouldn't let me in checked my net connection (no problems).
    Finally got in again and it's taking ages to do everything. Not a problem at my end before anyone gets started as this is the only game I'm having issues with.

Ran Nettest program hung at port 7255, latency reporting at 85ms normal from the UK

Ran is again 10 mins later no problem latency normal.

Either there is a problem with Cryptic's server or their provider yet again.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've experienced no issue...

Run a tracert yet?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,208 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No everything is running fine. I have checked with PWE and no issues their end.
    edited March 2014
    yorethel wrote: »
    Managed to log in today, went to beam up got server not responding and hung there for ages. Then ended up closing the client restarted STO, wouldn't let me in checked my net connection (no problems).
    Finally got in again and it's taking ages to do everything. Not a problem at my end before anyone gets started as this is the only game I'm having issues with.

Ran Nettest program hung at port 7255, latency reporting at 85ms normal from the UK

Ran is again 10 mins later no problem latency normal.

Either there is a problem with Cryptic's server or their provider yet again.

No everything is fine PWE end
    edited March 2014
    No everything is fine PWE end no issues
    edited March 2014
    No issues PWE end everything is working as it should
    edited March 2014
    restarted the computer, reinstalled the game client.. still same issue.
    edited March 2014
    seems to work for the Tribble shard.. so clearly there is an issue between the Game client and Holodeck Shard.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marko0506 wrote: »
    hi everyone,

I have a question. For a past few weaks now i am getting kicked out of the game during map tranfer, for example, from ESD to Sol system, even when entering an STF or leaving one. When it happens in entering STF I get STF leaver penalty, and didn't even got a chance to play. After that I cannot log back in with that toon. Normal and safe log in don't seem to have any effect. I tried doing everything GM help offered, disabeling on demand patching, force verified, running the game in safe mode, flushing dns catche, and so on. Nothing works. I reported every incident, but got no help at all. Do any of you have any idea what to do? tnx..

Exactly what I'm getting now and its been this way since last week for me. Soon as I map move, server not responding. It seems a lot worse in the evenings for me.
    edited March 2014
    And happened yet again. Hey PW how about getting off your butts and fixing this?
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    And happened yet again. Hey PW how about getting off your butts and fixing this?

What problem? I've had no problems running 3 Alts through the Dyson Sphere Battlezone this afternoon... Its most likely your issue is ISP/Internet connection releated, but without some network diagnostic information, its anyone's guess what is causing your problem...
    edited March 2014
    What problem? I've had no problems running 3 Alts through the Dyson Sphere Battlezone this afternoon... Its most likely your issue is ISP/Internet connection releated, but without some network diagnostic information, its anyone's guess what is causing your problem...

Well, if one smart TRIBBLE didn't have a problem then I guess nobody has.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys please stop commenting that you have no issues, there are a lot of us who are experiencing this.

It's pretty pointless running endless tracerts and nettests and posting wads of data if no one from Cryptic is going to respond on the forum and smartarse comments from lifetime subbers in the US doesn't exactly help.

This is an issue affecting lots of people. I'm thinking since someone said they checked Cryptics side and has no issues ,then it must be their provider yet again. How many times have we seen issues caused by their provider, yet we are blamed to begin with and have to go through hours of uninstalling and re-installing for no reason, that is going to drive customers away not encourage them to play. Please Cryptic sort this out. :(
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whatever's going on, its getting worse. I logged in earlier today and can normally make it into the game at least. Now I couldn't even load in after choosing my character. I've ONLY had this problem since last Thursday, same as most people on here.

With this and the still unsolved graphics bug, it makes you wonder what the hell Cryptic are up to.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    Whatever's going on, its getting worse. I logged in earlier today and can normally make it into the game at least. Now I couldn't even load in after choosing my character. I've ONLY had this problem since last Thursday, same as most people on here.

With this and the still unsolved graphics bug, it makes you wonder what the hell Cryptic are up to.

You've probably already tried this, but just in case - on the launcher, before you log in, click the "Options" tab and make sure the "on demand patching" box is UNchecked. This will cause all the changes to all the maps to download first, before you log in to the game.

The on demand patching means it won't load the changes on a map until you actually go there. I've had problems before on map changes or login to a map as the client is loading and updating that particular map, and hangs in the process.

Of course, server is down for maintenance right now so you wouldn't be able to check if it works for a couple of hours, but fingers crossed.

Also can try force verify, patching proxy, etc - I've had luck with using these for intermittent problems, especially after a season update. I think the servers get overloaded when a bunch of people are trying to patch and login at the same time, and something might have corrupted. Good luck!

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Well, if one smart TRIBBLE didn't have a problem then I guess nobody has.
    yorethel wrote: »
    Guys please stop commenting that you have no issues, there are a lot of us who are experiencing this.

It's pretty pointless running endless tracerts and nettests and posting wads of data if no one from Cryptic is going to respond on the forum and smartarse comments from lifetime subbers in the US doesn't exactly help.

This is an issue affecting lots of people. I'm thinking since someone said they checked Cryptics side and has no issues ,then it must be their provider yet again. How many times have we seen issues caused by their provider, yet we are blamed to begin with and have to go through hours of uninstalling and re-installing for no reason, that is going to drive customers away not encourage them to play. Please Cryptic sort this out. :(

You have to keep in mind that Cryptic/PWE does not own the Internet, and that many Internet issues are outside their control. If PWE service provider Cogent Communications is causing the connection issues, the most that PWE can do is to complain to them to fix the problem. And compared to some of the other services that Cogent hosts, (e.g. Netflix) PWE is a small fish in a big pond. And don't think you can demand that PWE switch service providers just to make your connection better, as long term service contracts will prevent this.

And if the connection issue is not being caused by Cogent, then Cryptic/PWE has no control over the issue, as your ISP, in their choice of backbone providers their choose to peer with have a much greater influence on this issue then Cryptic/PWE does.

This is why the network diagnostics are important, as if they show the problem is related to the choices your ISP have made, you now know who to complain too...