• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For me, I just rotate:

CE Elite
    Colony Invasion
    Faction Starbase Defense
    Starbase Incusrion

Wash/Repeat

If Fleet Alert or Mine TRIBBLE is close to popping, I'll throw those in the mix.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seeing as in game chat is down and this makes setting up groups and matches impossible can we get the event moved or extended?

I still rather have the old events back but if this is only mark event we get for a month it needs to be available without problems like this.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My tribble isn't giving me 1.5 Dyson marks. Pls fix.
  • logan375logan375 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    Let's run the numbers, shall we?

A fairly lazy player logs on once a day to help their fleet. They do the Defera invasion zone hard missions, plus fit in two Crystalline Entity elite STFs, or the rough equivalent.

Let's say they miss some days, so it adds up to 25 days per month overall.

25 days x (60x4+20%) + (65x2+20%) = 25 x (240+130 + 20%) = 25 x (370 + 20%)

= 25 x 444 = 11,100 fleet marks per month.

Okay, now let's see the new system. Let's be generous and say the bonus marks weekend happens twice every month. So that's about 8 days out of the 25.

8 x (90x4) + 194 = 8 x 554 = 4,432 marks for doing the Defera hards and two Crystal elites for the eight bonus event days. Plus the remaining 17 active days when there is no bonus, which gives the person another 370x17 marks = 6,290 marks.

4,432+6,290 = 10,722. That's a total loss of 378 fleet marks per month.

So this hypothetical person needs to run another 6 Crystalline Entity elite STFs per month to make up the difference, or something equivalent to that. Or they can use fleet mark bonus tokens to regain the lost 20% increase from the daily events and profit overall, at the expense of fleet credits.

This all assumes that a person can actually play during the 1 weekend so far that we've had a Marks Event. I am going to be missing out on ALL of the bonus this weekend. Thanks Cryptic.
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Our Bonus Marks Weekend Event is now live!

Good luck getting all your Fleet marks, and all your Reputation Marks this weekend.

I hope to see lots of players running around with their T5 Omega, Romulan, Dyson and Nukara rewards next week :)

Have fun Captains!

~CaptainSmirk

Just to throw this in, but Klingon faction players who've unlocked their T5 Honor Guard stuff to get the uniform/costume still can't use several pieces (such as the "be'ves" chest piece or the helmet in some cases) after a full year of it being a seemingly known issue. This has been ever since the swap over to the Reputation system for the Omega gear.

It'd be lovely to look all neat and fancy in our T5 gear if it weren't missing chunks out of it, in other words.

I highly doubt newer players even realize they're missing parts after unlocking them after all this time >_<
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just finished Infected The Conduit (Elite) and got the optional which gives 22 omega marks, guess what with the bonus weekend marks, the optional still only gives 22 omega marks. My Fleet Tribble gave 2 marks, so I'm guessing that the bonus marks only apply to certain content, or just very very badly implemented. Another Cryptic fail. :mad:
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Captainsmirk do you have any news on why the radiation reports and Epohh thing are not affected by the bonus mark event? You did say all content after all.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    millybun wrote: »
    Just to throw this in, but Klingon faction players who've unlocked their T5 Honor Guard stuff to get the uniform/costume still can't use several pieces (such as the "be'ves" chest piece or the helmet in some cases) after a full year of it being a seemingly known issue. This has been ever since the swap over to the Reputation system for the Omega gear.

It'd be lovely to look all neat and fancy in our T5 gear if it weren't missing chunks out of it, in other words.

I highly doubt newer players even realize they're missing parts after unlocking them after all this time >_<

This was a major disappointment for me a few weeks back when I went through and did all the elite optionals only to find no Be'ves unlock.

Seriously they are re-working bug free missions (which have nothing wrong with them to begin with) but can't seem to actually fix the things that are bugs. Defera is still bugged after all this time as well. If I counted all those minutes I have stood there waiting for city to complete because it's bugged it would add up to days worth of game time.

The Mogh is another issue it goes white in places (when in combat) and looks terrible when this happens. You can't say that was intentional.

Personally with the state of some aspects of this game, I think they need to dedicate at least a half season to just go through and fix all these bugs, starting with the oldest ones first.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just finished Infected The Conduit (Elite) and got the optional which gives 22 omega marks, guess what with the bonus weekend marks, the optional still only gives 22 omega marks. My Fleet Tribble gave 2 marks, so I'm guessing that the bonus marks only apply to certain content, or just very very badly implemented. Another Cryptic fail. :mad:

The optional normally gives you 15 marks. 50% of that is 7.5 marks (rounded down it's 7). Which makes 22 marks in total. Being bad at math is not Cryptic's fault. :P
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why I don't like this new weekend system over the hourly system. I work weekends. I don't get to take advantage when they do finally come up. The hourly system was hourly. Every hour (or several hours) was something new so I could take advantage of getting extra marks or extra Dilithium or whatever it was up that hour.
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    During the event, content that provides Marks (Fleet or Reputation) will reward a 50% (1.5x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards Marks.

NO IT BLOODY WELL DOESN'T.

I go to trade in an Eppoh, and I'm offered the regular, non-special-event reward of 400. I saved these cruddy little moth-headed pig rabbits just so I could turn the in for bonus marks, and apparently, Cryptic doesn't understand what "ALL" means.

So, once again, Romulan Marks are obnoxious to earn, even during the event, as Eppoh trade-ins (the only decent source of Marks) is not buffed by the "event".

I'd make an in-game ticket, but no one would get back to me before the event was over.

EDIT: Well, time to eat some crow.

I was wrong. You do, in fact, get 600 Marks for turning in an Evolved Eppoh--the Store and Popup still said 400, but the actual rewards was 600 each.

I apologize to everybody, and Cryptic, for my ire about this--I really should have gone all the way through with the sale before posting.

I'm sorry, I was wrong. Eppohs turned in (ones bred before the Bonus Marks Weekend started) get +50%, as they should.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Bonus Marks Weekend seems like a good idea in principle.

However, it does seem like some pretty bad players have crawled out of the woodwork for it - upon playing ISE, StS and CSE I wound up in teams with players that, frankly (no nicer way of putting it) sucked.

ISE: two players with damage that they hadn't attended to. Optional failed as no amount of crowd control could compensate for the overall low DPS. (made a change from OP ships doing it in two minutes though)

StS: The 'team' only cared about trying to combat the Voth transports. The friendlies only had me for protection and since one player can't be everywhere, this instance ended with something like 95/280 in favour of the Voth.

CSE: Failed altogether. A cube went boom before most of the team were ready, and most of the team were ill-equipped to deal with the spawns that follow.

So yeah - I guess I still gained more marks than usual, but not by all that much considering the poor results from the content I played.

Hope things improve when I next manage to log into the game!

Did you PUG them? PUGS are bad business. All sorts and their pets play them, it's totally random and I truely believe half the people that play them have their chat minimized which I feel should not be allowed when entering a team game such as a STF.

Try using the "Publicelitestf" channel. I only ever do STF's with that channel. Everyone seems to know what they are doing and I have yet to encounter any harshness towards players. Everyone is helpful and you get the opportunity to discuss strategies and decide who will do what before starting.

I know it won't help you with the Breach or StS but at least your Borg STF's will be a lot less painful. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    NO IT BLOODY WELL DOESN'T.

I go to trade in an Eppoh, and I'm offered the regular, non-special-event reward of 400. I saved these cruddy little moth-headed pig rabbits just so I could turn the in for bonus marks, and apparently, Cryptic doesn't understand what "ALL" means.

I think that the reward's set when you get them, not when you turn them in. That's been my experience with crystalling catastrophe.
    edited February 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I think that the reward's set when you get them, not when you turn them in. That's been my experience with crystalling catastrophe.

I'll be checking to be sure. I have one "cooking"--but I doubt it. The "reward" seems baked into the Eppoh Mission-Lady's "Store" section, and unless the game adds +50% when you actually turn it in, they'd have had to change the Store payouts, which I doubt they have. But, again, I'll check on the one (One, HAH) that pops on Sunday. Too bad the three Evolved I have been holding onto for the Event will have no such bonus.

Even if you are right, it doesn't change anything--you can "cram" for Omega, Nukura, and Dyson Rep Marks by running Elite missions that reward a ton, or doing Dyson BZ or Nukura Ground. Romulan Marks, you can't. It will require immeasurably more micro-management, and since the sources of Rom Marks reward so pathetically small, this still puts it at a disadvantage.

We need Romulan Space Elite missions, and more Romulan Space missions in general. And, before "that guy" hops in here, make sure they're not limited to once every 20 hours, and are not "do the same thing five-seven times" Patrol B.S. Oh, and that one busted Red Alert that's empty 90% of the time because it's only one event per occurrence, zone-wide.

UPDATE: You were correct, I was wrong. The tooltip, and Store, and popup, all still said 400, but I actually got 600. I was incorrect, and my ire misplaced. Sorry to everyone.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Update on radiation hand ins. Even though the interface with the scientist only shows 30 marks for 300 scans, you do in fact get the bonus. It's just the visual does not show it. In my chat box it showed I got 45 marks and these hand ins followed a sale so I know the source of those marks is only the hand in.

For the Epohh thing check the chat box to see how many you actually got. I just don't think they can change them to show the bonus.

Attached image of chat box:
    marks.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Update on radiation hand ins. Even though the interface with the scientist only shows 30 marks for 300 scans, you do in fact get the bonus. It's just the visual does not show it. In my chat box it showed I got 45 marks and these hand ins followed a sale so I know the source of those marks is only the hand in.

For the Epohh thing check the chat box to see how many you actually got. I just don't think they can change them to show the bonus.

Attached image of chat box:
    marks.jpg

Yeah I was curious about that too. When I picked up the daily fleet action earlier it still only showed as 50 marks, but I did actually get the bonus when turning it in.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I was curious about that too. When I picked up the daily fleet action earlier it still only showed as 50 marks, but I did actually get the bonus when turning it in.

You're correct. And it DOES work for Eppohs too. I should have actually gone through with the sale :o, but missing out on 600 Romulan marks would have hurt.
  • buddingherobuddinghero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it just me are are we not getting double marks on Defera Invasion Zone.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "ALL content that awards Reputation Marks" clearly does not include Tribbles, since i'm only getting 1 mark from them.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    50℅ extra is better than nothing so be thankful for that. But just for clarification would the bonus also apply to the commendation reports. I know that the original post stated "All" but I don't want to assume anythung .
    I think most people are grateful for anything they can get. We just want to express our disappointment in the (probably false) hopes it will be improved.
    Yes, for commendation reports, it's a decent bonus. I'll just tend to wait for the event weekend to turn them in.
    (You get them all in the 140's, and start turning them in before the patch for the event, the bonus will be applied when you collect after the event has started).
    When we were told these monthly events would make up for the loss of our hourly event system, I really hoped it'd be at least 100% bonus for marks... This is a total kick in the teeth. With the old system we could get far more in a week than we will all month with the new system.

Bring back the hourly system, have these weekends as an addition not a replacement.
    Totally agree.
    Whereas the dilithium event seemed to have a much bigger bang for the buck, (probably because there is so much more potential to rake it in with doff assignments), getting only 90 marks for cce, versus the 80 during the old daily events,...well,...seems to fall way short of a real bonus.
    100% (120 marks for cce), would have made this event more "inline" with the dilithium bonus weekend.

(Partial)
    senselocke wrote: »
    Dear Entitlement-Card: Can it.

Here here!
    Thanks for that. People who are seemingly bucking for moderator status can't or won't point out anything that could be wrong with the game.
    What's up with that?

I've noticed there aren't anymore "events" scheduled on the calender.
    Maybe these 2 events are a test? Maybe they just screwed up the hourly events so bad we're getting this as a temporary replacement?
    Should we be getting ready for a Triple Data Chip weekend?

Personally, I slowed down on mark farming in the days leading up to this event so I wouldn't get burnt out on them this weekend.
    Apparently, I didn't slow down enough. By Friday afternoon, (didn't play Thursday), I didn't want to see another crystal for as long as I live!

Giving a thumbs up for the dilithium weekend, but a thumbs down to the marks weekend.
    I'm just glad I not someone who can only play on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    (See, I am grateful!)

Ok, back to the farm,
    Cheers.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Is it just me are are we not getting double marks on Defera Invasion Zone.

It's not double marks anywhere. It's 50% extra, and they are working on Defera. :)
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So where are the Bonus Omega marks for the Defera invasion zone missions? Hmm ... Still only getting the same crappy LOW mark rewards for missions as or more difficult than the other Reputation systems ... pathetic.

On a side note are/is Omega stuff/items Really worth the heartache of a grind for such low payouts of marks compared to other reps?
    edited February 2014
    So where are the Bonus Omega marks for the Defera invasion zone missions? Hmm ... Still only getting the same crappy LOW mark rewards for missions as or more difficult than the other Reputation systems ... pathetic.

On a side note are/is Omega stuff/items Really worth the heartache of a grind for such low payouts of marks compared to other reps?

The Defera missions are giving their bonus rewards. You've got to remember that 50% extra really isn't that much when they only reward such a small amount normally. Defera has never been a good source of Omega marks, it's more a source of Fleet Marks.

Omega Rep actually has some of the highest payouts of all the Rep systems in the game, but mostly for playing the STFs as those were the main Omega content before and after the Rep system was added.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations to everyone who leveled up in their Reputation systems this weekend! Our Bonus Marks Weekend Event has come to an end, and we hope yo uall enjoyed it!

Stay tuned for more weekend events to come!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.