test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Double fleet marks would have been nice since they don't translate to dilithium and they're a pain to farm. Oh well, too late now, maybe next time.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    we need a dilithium refining bonus weekend tbh because you can easily get more than 8k per day ;)

Making more than 8K a day isn't the real issue here. Back when the cap was introduced it was fine, but today we have so much that requires dilithium, fleet leveling, rep gear, fleet gear and so on that 8K a day really isn't enough. A bonus weekend that eliminates the cap would be nice but we really need the daily cap increased on a permanent daily basis, that or there needs to be adjustments to reduce the amount of dilithium that is required for gear.

However I know none of this will happen, the increase in dilithium costs was Cryptic's way to try and kill the Zen/Dilithium exchange and it didn't work and won't work. Everyone has their priorities weather it's Zen or Dilithium and nothing Cryptic will do sort of removing the exchange will change that.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks like mark bonus events have gotten the nerf in the daily to weekend event conversion.

If it's on every second weekend, perhaps it's ok. If it's longer than 3 weeks between goes, we're definitely loosing out.

They've increased the grind and dressed it up as a weekend event to make you think it's something special.

Poor form Cryptic (or should I say PWE) :\
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    What they need to do is change the Dilithium bonus event. Keep the bonus as it is but add double refines or even triple refining for the weekend. I don't think it will effect market too much if its only for 4 days considering that the event doesn't run daily and the events look like they are run every two weeks which means we wont see the Dilithium event again for another month.

I personally have over 400k in ore on my main toon and several thousand beyond one days refine on multiple toons.

Frankly, I'd be against that. Why? Because I'm the kind of guy who spends things on stupid TRIBBLE. Right now, I got over 300k Dil refined and still got another ~120K left to go. Say what you will, but I'm the kind of guy who'd blow everything on TRIBBLE and regret it later on because I didn't know how it worked. You up the refine cap even for that little bit and, instead of people making rep sets, you got people buying everything they can, then making posts about how they lost all of their dil and demand Cryptic give it back because they impulse bought.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ... It begins...

The grind is afoot ...
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, the entitlement is strong with this one. Then again, the entitlement's been strong since January.

For the uninitiated, this is a slight improvement over the old Bonus Marks event. The old Bonus Marks event was 25% extra marks in a span of three hours, done at most 4 times a day. This meant that there was a chance you'd miss this because when it happened was varied.

While the current Bonus Marks event is MUCH shorter, it's much more plentiful.

That depent on how many diferent events they make.. we know 2 now (event 1x a month).
    But is this all we get ( no ec, exp, crafting, ect ???)
    If they make 2 other events then bonus mark event will only comes 1x in 2 months.
    If your working/vacation/sick then it can take almost 4 monts with-out a bonus mark event....

And maby 4 you the curerent bonus mark event is better but for me it sucks TRIBBLE.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Remarkable! Mark down the time. For it will leave a mark! :D

---
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    That depent on how many diferent events they make.. we know 2 now (event 1x a month).
    But is this all we get ( no ec, exp, crafting, ect ???)
    If they make 2 other events then bonus mark event will only comes 1x in 2 months.
    If your working/vacation/sick then it can take almost 4 monts with-out a bonus mark event....

And maby 4 you the curerent bonus mark event is better but for me it sucks TRIBBLE.

Wow, you really ARE entitled.

EC Bonus? Why do you want EC Bonus? EC's one of the easiest things to GRIND! EXP? We'll probably get one in March leading up to Season 9 like we did for the lead up to Season 8, plus there's signs that your precious Mirror Universe Incursion is coming back. Crafting? You realize the only bonus for crafting was a measly 2-3 reduction to TWO ITEMS for crafting.

Another thing, you realize, with maybe the exception of Romulan and Nukara, that marks are PLENTIFUL. Yes, I agree, having extra marks is great, but maybe if players would stop trying to TRIBBLE everyone over because TROLOLOLOLO, you'd GET more marks out of certain events!
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Entitlement in this thread is Strong. It IS a bigger bonus than the one from the daily (50% from about 25%), so they WERE telling the truth (for once). Also, this game is seriously easy to do things in anyway.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Our Bonus Marks Weekend Event is now live!

Good luck getting all your Fleet marks, and all your Reputation Marks this weekend.

I hope to see lots of players running around with their T5 Omega, Romulan, Dyson and Nukara rewards next week :)

Have fun Captains!

~CaptainSmirk
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hahaha! I'm glad I took a small break from BZ farming this week. The next few days though? It's all out dino extermination time!

NO MERCY FOR REXES.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As posted does this apply to Q Patrol? I could use a boost to my Q marks to help me get my Romulan ship.
  • logan375logan375 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Terrible idea removing the daily marks events. I will be missing the entire weekend event, and who knows when the next will be. Some of us don't get every week-end off. Hate this move, and my fleet hates you too.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We are currently running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Marks by playing content throughout the game! This event runs until Monday, February 24, 2014 at 10AM PST.

During the event, content that provides Marks (Fleet or Reputation) will reward a 50% (1.5x) bonus above normal amounts – this bonus is available for all content that rewards Marks.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we'll see you in-game!

It does not affect radiation report hand ins, these are still giving only the standard amount. Is this a bug or intended? If intended your OP needs to be amended.

Other than that happy farming everyone :)
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it will be really good as it opens up many new avenues for different events. Peace and long life cryptic
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Let's run the numbers, shall we?

A fairly lazy player logs on once a day to help their fleet. They do the Defera invasion zone hard missions, plus fit in two Crystalline Entity elite STFs, or the rough equivalent.

Let's say they miss some days, so it adds up to 25 days per month overall.

25 days x (60x4+20%) + (65x2+20%) = 25 x (240+130 + 20%) = 25 x (370 + 20%)

= 25 x 444 = 11,100 fleet marks per month.

Okay, now let's see the new system. Let's be generous and say the bonus marks weekend happens twice every month. So that's about 8 days out of the 25.

8 x (90x4) + 194 = 8 x 554 = 4,432 marks for doing the Defera hards and two Crystal elites for the eight bonus event days. Plus the remaining 17 active days when there is no bonus, which gives the person another 370x17 marks = 6,290 marks.

4,432+6,290 = 10,722. That's a total loss of 378 fleet marks per month.

So this hypothetical person needs to run another 6 Crystalline Entity elite STFs per month to make up the difference, or something equivalent to that. Or they can use fleet mark bonus tokens to regain the lost 20% increase from the daily events and profit overall, at the expense of fleet credits.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As posted does this apply to Q Patrol? I could use a boost to my Q marks to help me get my Romulan ship.

Just completed that still only gave 40, so doesn't look like it.
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    casbyness wrote: »

A fairly lazy player logs on once a day to help their fleet. They do the Defera invasion zone hard missions, plus fit in two Crystalline Entity elite STFs, or the rough equivalent.

Okay, now let's see the new system. Let's be generous and say the bonus marks weekend happens twice every month. So that's about 8 days out of the 25.

8 x (90x4) + 194 = 8 x 554 = 4,432 marks for doing the Defera hards and two Crystal elites for the eight bonus event days. Plus the remaining 17 active days when there is no bonus, which gives the person another 370x17 marks = 6,290 marks.

So this hypothetical person needs to run another 6 Crystalline Entity elite STFs per month to make up the difference, or something equivalent to that. Or they can use fleet mark bonus tokens to regain the lost 20% increase from the daily events and profit overall, at the expense of fleet credits.

If you want to be accurate calculate all the fleet marks events not just defera hards and 2 crystalline. Otherwise you are leaving out vauable marks from the equation.
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I only have one question

Y U NO DO MARKS BEFORE DILITHIUM >=/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • snubdubssnubdubs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "this bonus is available for all content that rewards Marks."

And yet Epohh's still only give 400. I think they meant "all content, except the good ones".
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I rather have the old mark event back where it was an hour or 2 every day. I don't want this new event I am going to do something else this weekend and slowly grind marks during the week.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I only have one question

Y U is OP, plz NO :D:P
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks but no thanks i don't like this bonus thing imo it takes the fun out of it i'd like to take 2X times as long to get something builds up the nostalgia for me sorry i won't be on this weekend
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I only have one question

Maybe they thought people could use the dilithium to buy zen for the destroyers. I sure did. Would have been though to have the extra bonus for mark conversion to dilithium though now.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • missconstruedmissconstrued Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When you originally posted that you were doing away with hourly events in favour of weekend events with larger rewards, I was expecting a bit more than a meager 12 mark increase. Under the old system I had 240 hours per month to grind for bonus marks, now it's been halved and the rewards have not been improved enough to make up for the loss of time. As someone who belongs to a smaller fleet, those 8 hours were our lifeblood. Yet another thing to make leveling a fleet an even more time-consuming, soul-sucking venture.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    snubdubs wrote: »
    And yet Epohh's still only give 400. I think they meant "all content, except the good ones".

Epohhs obviously do not represent content as we know it. I knew it! :P

---
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For me, I just rotate:

CE Elite
    Colony Invasion
    Faction Starbase Defense
    Starbase Incusrion

Wash/Repeat

If Fleet Alert or Mine TRIBBLE is close to popping, I'll throw those in the mix.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seeing as in game chat is down and this makes setting up groups and matches impossible can we get the event moved or extended?

I still rather have the old events back but if this is only mark event we get for a month it needs to be available without problems like this.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My tribble isn't giving me 1.5 Dyson marks. Pls fix.
  • logan375logan375 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    casbyness wrote: »

This all assumes that a person can actually play during the 1 weekend so far that we've had a Marks Event. I am going to be missing out on ALL of the bonus this weekend. Thanks Cryptic.
This discussion has been closed.