Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 20, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syberghost wrote: »
    The fourth anniversary of people predicting the demise of this game passed recently.

Purple people eating transformer ships is far from it passing :)
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Ah, one of THOSE types...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let me put it to you straight, to'Ba. STO's devs are some of the best in the world. Don't believe me? Go play EVE, where the devs are sadistic trolls, making a game for sadistic trolls. Or D&D Online, where the devs are incompetent. Or SWTOR, where they're just plain lazy.

Alternatively, go play World of ********, where the devs are sadistic, incompetent, AND lazy all at once. Seriously, there's a reason why my favorite WoW parody calls the thinly-veiled parodies of the GMs and devs "GM Malevolent", "GM Famine", "GM War", "GM Pestilence", and "GM Death". WoW has the worst devs EVER.

In a nutshell, you should be licking Tacofangs's boots clean to thank him and the other devs for being so kind as to actually work to fix the long-running bugs. I've seen them try multiple FAW fixes; BranFlakes even mentioned the aggravation that this persistent issue causes on one of his last livestreams. I see in this patch alone that at least two of the biggest, most complained-about bugs are history as of this patch.

So either recognize that we are lucky to have the Cryptic dev team, or go play something else and whinge at their devs. Srsly, man...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seems like you've got quite the biased fangirl whinefest going yourself. Another pot calling the kettle black just because someone else has an opposing viewpoint. Grow up...
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it shiny? Is it scrumptious? Will it make us money?

Best post ever now copied for your enjoyment...

But when you go to ask the Devs a question, just remember this is the preamble to EVERY response.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    odinfish wrote: »
    Seems like you've got quite the biased fangirl whinefest going yourself. Another pot calling the kettle black just because someone else has an opposing viewpoint. Grow up...

Just overcompensating a little for comic effect. Sorry if it took you the wrong way.

Seriously, though, I've played a lot of games, and I can say with confidence that the STO devs are the best, period.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 20th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

The first time that Captain Smirk doesn't use Scotties' trick to announce a longer time and finish early...

Watch-out, you could give some parts of the community the chance to complain about you the first time... Or did anybody complain that you finished early the last two weeks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    macvee wrote: »
    If EvE is so great why are all their players here.:confused:

Sigh.

This.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    peterpanskypeterpansky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More like this .. nubs these days.
    "Oloth zhah tuth abbil lueth ogglin. (Darkness is both - friend and enemy)."
  • Options
    fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    peculiar new error message on the launcher
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Kdf costume slots wot still are u guys even trying to fix them cos it does not look like it to me
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought Trapped was fixed?.

Nope. I got stuck in it twice yesterday. You're suppose to get sucked into the wormhole but something goes wrong and you end up stuck at the edge of the wormhole, in combat mode, with no option of escape other than logging out and waiting.

As for all the other snarky comments, bite me. If people want to be happy with mediocre that's their right and privilege. Personally I demand and expect excellence. I have a whole list of been there done that online games and I'll keep adding to it until I find one that wants me to stick around after reaching level cap. I will not however stand hat in hand and beg for a few crumbs from the master's table when the very centre of the mmo world I'm in revolves around the fact that I'm there to experience it which is the only reason it has meaning. Make it great and people will want more. Turn it into a dull repetitive and broken grind fest which only leads to one untimate conclusion and people (namely me) won't stay all that long.

Nobody cares and rightly so. But do check back in a year or two and let me know how it's going with the mindless grind in your dull little universe that have no endgame content apart from the previously mentioned dull and mind numbing boring rep grinds. PvP is so broken you can't even play that angle.

All I want is a reason to play a game. I'm not seeing much of one in STO at the moment. The old farts who sit around and wait to pounce on posts like these? TRIBBLE them. It says a lot that it's all they have going for them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    fakefive wrote: »

I think it's just waiting for an update.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Ayup. Website is broken? WTF?
  • Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More like this .. nubs these days.

Oh, Eve really isn't that bad. The game itself is quite beautiful. I think I'd like it if it was single player.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, Eve really isn't that bad. The game itself is quite beautiful. I think I'd like it if it was single player.

I've heard horror stories about it. I will stick to STO. I am really looking forward to the bonus marks these next few days. Still on the fence on the Dyson ships. It is like I am trying to convince myself to get them, but I just cannot think of a reason to. I keep looking at the builds and they just don't interest me. I love sci and eng, but not much for tac. I know they were trying to make something a little different with them, but I just have a hard time getting excited about them. Sure, my Romulans can use some better ships, but I'm still not sure. I don't like the Scim either. As I said, I am not crazy about tac.

I have built tanks and I love playing them. My recluse is incredibly fun and often times tops the dps charts in runs like CE Elite if you can believe that. Maybe I will post my build someday. The damage is coming from somewhere and it's not my beams.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Don't believe me? Go play EVE, where the devs are sadistic trolls, making a game for sadistic trolls. Or D&D Online, where the devs are incompetent. Or SWTOR, where they're just plain lazy.

You can say a lot about EvE Online devs, but one thing they do is listen. And they interact frequently and truly. They are a living part of the community, and very open to suggestions, and often willing to explain why things are the way they are.

In STO, however, the devs are mostly absent, unless you suck up to them. But as soon as you bring up an inconvenient truth, like bugs that haven't been fixed in years, they stay silent for months.

Sometimes I even think CCP listens too much (community can be an angry mob); but they do be listening!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey... I appreciate the very existence of Star Trek Online... Never played another mmorpg... But I'm gatting a kick out of STO... And I'm being serious here!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected. But you cant get online to play. things that make you go hummmmmm.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    are they late turning the server back on or is my clock fast ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We are wrapping up our maintenance, and should be done shortly. Stay tuned for the green light message! Thanks for your patience everyone!

And good morning STO universe!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've got to say,

the new ship switch and loadout features that have been implemented are top shelf.
    they function for one, and theyve added tons of playability and replay value to the game for me with my multiple toons.

Best change to the game in ages.

It would be even better if could somehow lock the boff abilities for a certain loadout.
    Not every ships boff layout is the same, so it can be messy when changing ships.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Hey... I appreciate the very existence of Star Trek Online... Never played another mmorpg... But I'm gatting a kick out of STO... And I'm being serious here!

:)
    CM

I like it as well. I think one of the biggest reasons I have stuck around is the community. I know people have made fun of me because I tweet to Bran Flakes from time to time, but I have never had someone who worked for the company actually interact me with on multiple occasions and in such a positive way. They get a lot of heat because of the issues the game has, but they always try their best to keep it positive.

The player base is pretty good as well. Lately the trolls have really been hitting hard. I hope Cryptic places someone in game to help reel in the aggressive posts and the inappropriate chatting during peak hours. Not necessarily to jump in and converse, but just to be there to put a silence on someone who is going too far. Sometimes that's all it takes to get things under control. Just put someone "in timeout."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Never mind - ninja'd by Smirk himself. Engage warp drive, factor 7.3, and shields up full.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You can say a lot about EvE Online devs, but one thing they do is listen. And they interact frequently and truly. They are a living part of the community, and very open to suggestions, and often willing to explain why things are the way they are.
    Yes...but the fact remains that they are sadistic trolls, in a community of sadistic trolls.
    In STO, however, the devs are mostly absent, unless you suck up to them. But as soon as you bring up an inconvenient truth, like bugs that haven't been fixed in years, they stay silent for months.

I dunno. Sure, they never respond to ARC criticism (unless it's "ARC isn't working" criticism instead of "ARC is borderline illegal and wrecked my gameplay capability" criticism), but they DO listen and attempt to fix the bugs. I see lots of threads about bugs on the forums; 95% of the time, those bugs are fixed in the next weekly patch.

So give the devs a break. They're better than the other options (WoW, I'm looking at you).
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Someone please coerce the hamsters to get back on the wheel, I've got me some zen to spend ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Who knows, new smirk new start.

Perhaps smirk will actually acknowledge some of those ignored voices.

Oooh, look.....a flying pig.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We have the green light.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Oooh, look.....a flying pig.

There be bacon in them trees !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    stag65stag65 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    What do you mean good morning! It's after 5pm here.
This discussion has been closed.