What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 20, 2014) [Complete!]

124»

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yes...but the fact remains that they are sadistic trolls, in a community of sadistic trolls.

but they DO listen and attempt to fix the bugs. I see lots of threads about bugs on the forums; 95% of the time, those bugs are fixed in the next weekly patch.

So give the devs a break. They're better than the other options (WoW, I'm looking at you).

I missed something here.. u talking about STO right? are u high?? lol. If fixing bugs for you is to fix 2 bubs of the 300 available every week.. (and counting that 10 new will appear in all the patches) then, you should go to mars, i think you are not human, dude.

Oh wait, your post was a joke.. nm.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

Pssst, Community Manager is suposed to lock this thread when it's all done! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So all those people who think Cryptic doesn't care because they're taking away a saucer which they said before "it wasn't supposed to be there," What you want is cryptic to violate the agreement of the CBS License, and if they do that, CBS Shuts the game down entirely, no more STO. Then you'll complain about that.

And Sidekicking is similar to what we use in FFXI Online, Level Sync. Although ours works works opposite as the higher level syncs down to the lowest level in the party. Either way it is a great feature.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I've heard horror stories about it. I will stick to STO. I am really looking forward to the bonus marks these next few days. Still on the fence on the Dyson ships. It is like I am trying to convince myself to get them, but I just cannot think of a reason to. I keep looking at the builds and they just don't interest me. I love sci and eng, but not much for tac. I know they were trying to make something a little different with them, but I just have a hard time getting excited about them. Sure, my Romulans can use some better ships, but I'm still not sure. I don't like the Scim either. As I said, I am not crazy about tac.

I have built tanks and I love playing them. My recluse is incredibly fun and often times tops the dps charts in runs like CE Elite if you can believe that. Maybe I will post my build someday. The damage is coming from somewhere and it's not my beams.

I'm on the fence about those ships too, many in my fleet also feel that way. But I can't say I'm leaning towards getting them, more away from them. The cannons were a gimmick too far in my opinion.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    In STO, however, the devs are mostly absent, unless you suck up to them. But as soon as you bring up an inconvenient truth, like bugs that haven't been fixed in years, they stay silent for months.

They got slightly better about acknowledging bugs for a single week this year and that was it. I wish they would deal with the bug issue better, but it seems it's all about pushing more content. At least dedicate half a season (9.5 maybe?) to squashing bugs.

As far as to explaining why things are a certain way, taco takes the prize for most helpful dev. He responds frequently and throws in funny comments every now and then. It would be great if the rest of the devs actually took his example and chimed in when people talk about certain mechanics and why they work a certain way early in a thread, instead of having to wait until the thread goes to 100+ pages to finally give in and say something. Yes, it might start a lot of complaints after the response, but at least putting that info out there is appreciated.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Sigh.

This.

No, no, you got it the other way around.

In STO it actually is the opposite - people bashing other games they never even tried playing.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    U kidding me right?? STO is far worst than EVE in terms of bugs and useless patchs. As i said time ago, i never saw a game like STO talking about bugs and the lack of interest from the team of fixing em. Not even *** on their release (known as the most bugged game ever in the story).
    You haven't played many F2P games then. ;)
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    My concern about the new materials is for fleet ships. If a fleet ship does not have access to new materials, do we have to discharge them, buy more fleet modules, and purchase them again? Because that would really suck... :(

That concern is well understood. We included the possibility of having to discharge your ships, but we are hoping things wont come to that. Now that the skinz are live, we can see who is unable to swap them.

Please let us know if you have trouble with your ships, and don't discharge them right away unless you want to take the chance.

~CaptainSmirk
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He he trevor said skinz.... word!
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, when you change ship-captain backgrounds to the Origin bridge, will you also be fixing the background behind the captain of the Constitution-class at Drozana back in the 23rd Century (as seen in "Night of the Comet")? Because it struck me on the last playthrough that the bridge in the background was that of a Galaxy-class...

Good catch, I am not sure what the answer is for that now, but whoever plays through it first, let us know what you see after this patch.

Thanks everyone.

~CaptainSmirk
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That concern is well understood. We included the possibility of having to discharge your ships, but we are hoping things wont come to that. Now that the skinz are live, we can see who is unable to swap them.

Please let us know if you have trouble with your ships, and don't discharge them right away unless you want to take the chance.

~CaptainSmirk

How will this be handled, will we get free Module(s) if the Fleet ships cannot use the new skins?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the K't'inga Class Battle Cruiser's Type 3b showing 1,000 zen below.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You haven't played many F2P games then. ;)

On the contrary xD. Ive been playing f2p since years ago (maybe since fp2 was invented lol.. yeah im that old, so what?). I think you are the one who never played a f2p mmorpg besides STO. Or maybe you are a cryptic worker lol?.

I say it again. STO is the most bugged f2p game ive ever played. It was bugged when it was not f2p, and now that it is, its even more. And so you know, the only thing f2p means is that cryptic have an excuse to stop investing money on the "fixing bugs" deparment and redirect all the foundings to just release new content. THAT is what means f2p and in the case of STO, with uppercase. Cryptic is gaining now even more money that when the game was not fp2. So..
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic is gaining now even more money that when the game was not fp2. So..

And has a much larger development team than it did then, too.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syberghost wrote: »
    And has a much larger development team than it did then, too.

Is this thread still open?! *hint*hint*
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Is this thread still open?! *hint*hint*

It's supposed to be actually :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nevermind. third time trying to patch worked
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    qwikstryke wrote: »
    Ok the KDF costume slots is gettin beyond a joke by now......BUT

where the HELL is the KDF Flanking bonus for Bops that was promised back at end of November?

Iv have not seen it mentioned in feckin ages... its all bout dyson ships and second deflectors now.

It will not surprise me at all to see secondary deflectors become standard on all sci ships and we will still have no ****** flanking bonus for Bops....:mad:

Seriously u guys really hate the KDF or something?

Agreed, us KDF want our bonus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure at this point, Cryptic needs to be aware of and concerned about the potential health risks of actually going in and fixing some of these bugs, like the KDF uniform slots...

I mean, if it ever did get fixed, can you imagine the number of heart-attack or heart-failures there would be? The number of shock victims? That's a massive amount of lost customers...

;)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unfortunately am getting tmie out errors when trying to connect to login server..anyone else having an issue? (I'm on the east coast)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unfortunately am getting tmie out errors when trying to connect to login server..anyone else having an issue? (I'm on the east coast)

yes me also (uk)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited February 2014
    The first time that Captain Smirk doesn't use Scotties' trick to announce a longer time and finish early...

Watch-out, you could give some parts of the community the chance to complain about you the first time... Or did anybody complain that you finished early the last two weeks?

LoL actually I did, and I was asked to change it ;) My Scotty-ways are no longer effective.. oh no!

As for the Fleet ships not taking the new skinz, that's right I said it again, if it becomes an issue, we will update the community with solutions as soon as we can.

For the 'thread is still opened' posts, I am trying a new method so I could take some time after maintenance to try and answer some of the questions here. I do want to try and address the forgotten voices that permeate the threads, so none of you feel left out or ignored.

After reading thru the last 8 pages though, I found myself laughing at the witty back and forth between many of you. You had me bursting at the seems :D I loved some of the responses to responses, the sarcasm runs deep in many of you :) My people!

Now that Arc has launched, I have more time to devote to STO, hooray! ( I hope you enjoy all my hard work in the STO media section, the Guide section, and the Product Page section)

Closing now, but stay tuned for more bug fixes to come, and hang in there forum folks, we are all very hard workers and try to get as much address each week as we can. Oh if only I could tell you all about the upcoming REDACTED.

Then you'ld be happy :)

Smirk ya' later!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.