test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 20, 2014) [Complete!]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 20th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My concern about the new materials is for fleet ships. If a fleet ship does not have access to new materials, do we have to discharge them, buy more fleet modules, and purchase them again? Because that would really suck... :(
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bring on the dyson fixes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resolved an issue that was causing Voyager to occasionally appear in missions where it was not assigned.

never seen that happen
    Nacelles on the Federation Dyson Science Destroyer have correct animation when going into and out of Tactical mode

this started working after last weeks patch for me
    All Starfleet vessels now have access to a revamped version of the “Type 5” material option

is not the fed sci destroyer a Starfleet vessel ? :P
    we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours.

it says 2 hours in the launcher
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • blastothesquidblastothesquid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rock and roll, new patch.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    never seen that happen

Regarding Voyager, heh - going to miss blowing her up in Empire Defense. :D
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sidekicking?

Ship materials??

What are those??

I could have sworn I have been away from game for like 10 days only. How long have I been gone?
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You're taking away the Constellation saucer? Nuuuuu!!

Oh, okay. Are we gonna get the rest soon?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Constellation saucer is no longer available to be used on Heavy Cruisers.
    Oh, come on! Why?
    It looks cool, has no apparent problems of clipping, is all functional with patterns and windows and it's free.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    My concern about the new materials is for fleet ships. If a fleet ship does not have access to new materials, do we have to discharge them, buy more fleet modules, and purchase them again? Because that would really suck... :(
    Transfer your character to TRIBBLE and see if it works on your ship. It worked on all of mine.
    edited February 2014
    Ship materials??

The blog was pretty interesting to read...unless you like flying KDF...then it was just another sidekick to the groin.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1094401
    edited February 2014
    The blog was pretty interesting to read...unless you like flying KDF...then it was just another sidekick to the groin.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1094401

Everybody knows I'm a kdf. I might moonlight as a fed once in a while, but I'm a kdf through and through.

Edit: Aaaaand, my somraw is not on the list. However, all federation vessels. Harhar!

Although, I guess everybody and their gran gran fly either romulans, lobi or lockbox these days, so maybe it's not that big of an issue... at the moment?
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
    edited February 2014
    Everybody knows I'm a kdf. I might moonlight as a fed once in a while, but I'm a kdf through and through.

Wasn't a "you" you...was a general "anybody" you...

...like duh, I know you fly KDF. :P
    Edit: Aaaaand, my somraw is not on the list. However, all federation vessels. Harhar!

Although, I guess everybody and their gran gran fly either romulans, lobi or lockbox these days, so maybe it's not that big of an issue... at the moment?

And that was pretty much the sidekick joke aspect...none of my 7 KDF are going to be flying boats on that list.

And when I deleted everybody but Willard at the end of last year, I decided to go faction only - no event/lobi/lockbox boats...so oh well.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Speaking of KDF:
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.
    Guys, seriously... Just fix the darn thing already, it's getting ridiculous.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited February 2014
    Speaking of KDF:

Guys, seriously... Just fix the darn thing already, it's getting ridiculous.

On one hand, I can understand them needing to leave it there so folks don't assume it's fixed and then complain when it hasn't been...but yeah, seeing it every time - feels like another of those little sidekicks to the groin.

I can see it now...

R'Younin': Man these costumes for KDF suck!
    T'Grumpy: Why, back in my day - we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to the tailor - and when we got there, we couldn't even switch to all our costume slots.
    R'Youngin': Ha-ha, yeah right grandpa. Like we can switch to all our costume slots now...
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.

Yeah; like Assimilated Tractor Beam: it just gets put randomly, somewhere on the tray.

Also, while we're at it, space set visuals aren't remembered either. Switch to Borg set loadout, and your ship is suddenly all green. Not a biggie, but still.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, when you change ship-captain backgrounds to the Origin bridge, will you also be fixing the background behind the captain of the Constitution-class at Drozana back in the 23rd Century (as seen in "Night of the Comet")? Because it struck me on the last playthrough that the bridge in the background was that of a Galaxy-class...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Known Issues:
    • KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.
    Come on guys, really?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited February 2014
    I just have one more question. Does the new change in sidekicking mean combatlog is gonna track everything in map? Previously 50km+ was out of range and not tracked, iirc.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, come on! Why?
    It looks cool, has no apparent problems of clipping, is all functional with patterns and windows and it's free.

Because Geko probably hates it. It was originally an "ugly kitbash", after all. :rolleyes:

And I'll add, to appease the "It's too old!!111eleventy1!" whiners at having anything Constellation related on ships beyond Tier 1. :rolleyes:
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Not for Cryptic

$$$ :D $$$$
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On one hand, I can understand them needing to leave it there so folks don't assume it's fixed and then complain when it hasn't been...but yeah, seeing it every time - feels like another of those little sidekicks to the groin.

I can see it now...

R'Younin': Man these costumes for KDF suck!
    T'Grumpy: Why, back in my day - we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to the tailor - and when we got there, we couldn't even switch to all our costume slots.
    R'Youngin': Ha-ha, yeah right grandpa. Like we can switch to all our costume slots now...

Nah, I think it'll wind up more like this:

R'Younin': I was talking to T'Grumpy the other day, and he was telling me a story of how he used to have a TOS uniform, a TMP uniform, a fleet uniform, and a Kahn uniform and a winter jacket.
    K'Homey: <laughs>. Everyone knows the KDF only has 3 costume slots, because they never made any costumes for the KDF...
    R'Younin': But I swear...
    K'Homey: <interrupts> Screenshot or it didn't happen...

Yes, functioning KDF costume slots are fast approaching urban legend status... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Yes, functioning KDF costume slots are fast approaching urban legend status... :P
    At least as long as it stays in that list we know it isn't "Working as Intended".
    Honestly guys can we get this at least nailed down to what year you might decide to look at it?
    Yes I'm being sarcastic but with all the new material being added, how deep is this bug being buried?
    I have both Klingons and Klingon Allied Romulans whose costume slots are pooched.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sidekicking now has an infinite range on any map.... Really,and what game other than STO have you been playing.

KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots. The running joke that never gets old :o
  • qwikstrykeqwikstryke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok the KDF costume slots is gettin beyond a joke by now......BUT

where the HELL is the KDF Flanking bonus for Bops that was promised back at end of November?

Iv have not seen it mentioned in feckin ages... its all bout dyson ships and second deflectors now.

It will not surprise me at all to see secondary deflectors become standard on all sci ships and we will still have no ****** flanking bonus for Bops....:mad:

Seriously u guys really hate the KDF or something?
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    qwikstryke wrote: »
    Ok the KDF costume slots is gettin beyond a joke by now......BUT

where the HELL is the KDF Flanking bonus for Bops that was promised back at end of November?

Iv have not seen it mentioned in feckin ages... its all bout dyson ships and second deflectors now.

It will not surprise me at all to see secondary deflectors become standard on all sci ships and we will still have no ****** flanking bonus for Bops....:mad:

Seriously u guys really hate the KDF or something?

standard on all sci ships? that whould be a dream come true for sci officers like me!:D
    go go spiderscience!

ps:sorry for your no bonus...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I look forward to giving the Sentinel a shiney new coat of paint. I hope it doesnt have to be dismissed, since it's the freebie sovie.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wonder when cryptic is going to start WORKING on the important bugs. I wonder if they will someday. I wonder if this game will last more than this year. If they keep releasing updates to fix 2 of the 300 bugs and they want us to be happy, they must be dreaming. I know some people will be really happy with these updates (better than nothing i guess) but this doesnt show on anyway if cryptic is really working on fixing bugs. A weekly patch to solve 2 bugs, its just stupid. But i guess it doesnt matter what the customers think or stop thinking, thats a shame.

Cant believe again, some of the mort important bugs are not solved. Not even one of em. "Thanks" cryptic , lol.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what exactly is "Side kicking"?

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one not understanding that one. Please someone enlighten us.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Oh thank god I thought I was the only one not understanding that one. Please someone enlighten us.

Sidekicking is when you team with someone higher than you, so your level is temporarily matched for that mission.

---
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sidekicking is when you team with someone higher than you, so your level is temporarily matched for that mission.

---

I thought that was mentoring, though I may have gotten that term for another game. Thank you for clearing it up for me.
This discussion has been closed.