test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 20, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    I thought that was mentoring, though I may have gotten that term for another game. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Just different names for the same thing I wager. Sidekicking is an import from Super Hero games. :P

---
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, the Constellation saucer breathed new life into the game for me (because the TOS movie era design style is flippin spectacular and far superior to anything else in Trekverse), and I'm not nearly the only person with this opinion, so I'm very saddened that you won't let us keep even a crumb of what we've always wanted. If it actually is a WIP, get it done already, so I can give you $ (no doubt it'll be a Z-Store skin, right?)! The Constellation is basically just a saucer anyway, so what's the holdup?

That said, I love the Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit slots and 3x3 console arrangement, and the only thing that can replicate its functionality as a sci-cruiser is the fleet Ambassador. While the Ambassador is nice and much appreciated ship, I want the Constellation. It looks great. Therefore, I hope if the Constellation is in fact released as a separate ship, either it will be like the mirror retrofit, or the skin will be applicable to it.

Do we get any info on this at all? Or are we going to be left in the dark for no rational reason whatsoever? If the Constellation was simply a mistake in that it was a planned ship from long ago, and was scrapped, please tell us, so that we won't be planning for something that will never happen.

Anyone else have any info on this, perhaps from a podcast or something?

Inquirant over.
    Greenbird
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do we get any info on this at all? Or are we going to be left in the dark for no rational reason whatsoever? If the Constellation was simply a mistake in that it was a planned ship from long ago, and was scrapped, please tell us, so that we won't be planning for something that will never happen.

You *already* know the answer to that: Connie is not to be used on anything above T1 -- so says CBS. Providing its saucer on a higher tiered ship, after all, probably got Cryptic a 'cease and desist' letter; to which they hastily comply, of course, for risk of losing their license altogether.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    I thought that was mentoring, though I may have gotten that term for another game. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Typically, sidekicking is "raise the lower guy's level", and mentoring is "lower the higher guy's level".
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Transfer your character to TRIBBLE and see if it works on your ship. It worked on all of mine.

With other words, according to you, you are able to reclaim fleet ships without buying again the needed Fleet Modules.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    With other words, according to you, you are able to reclaim fleet ships without buying again the needed Fleet Modules.

Not quite. What he meant was that the new materials worked on his ship without having to dismiss and re-buy it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You *already* know the answer to that: Connie is not to be used on anything above T1 -- so says CBS. Providing its saucer on a higher tiered ship, after all, probably got Cryptic a 'cease and desist' letter; to which they hastily comply, of course, for risk of losing their license altogether.
    Constitution =/= Constellation
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wonder when cryptic is going to start WORKING on the important bugs. I wonder if they will someday. I wonder if this game will last more than this year. If they keep releasing updates to fix 2 of the 300 bugs and they want us to be happy, they must be dreaming. I know some people will be really happy with these updates (better than nothing i guess) but this doesnt show on anyway if cryptic is really working on fixing bugs. A weekly patch to solve 2 bugs, its just stupid. But i guess it doesnt matter what the customers think or stop thinking, thats a shame.

Cant believe again, some of the mort important bugs are not solved. Not even one of em. "Thanks" cryptic , lol.

Yep, still waiting for a fix of one simple but annoying bug : Video settings ain't saving at all. Which means that each time I start up, the game launches in windowed mode, this when everthing in game is saved under Full Screen option and the launcher has been save also under Full Screen Mode.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, when you change ship-captain backgrounds to the Origin bridge, will you also be fixing the background behind the captain of the Constitution-class at Drozana back in the 23rd Century (as seen in "Night of the Comet")? Because it struck me on the last playthrough that the bridge in the background was that of a Galaxy-class...

Speaking of backgrounds, Loresinger Ch'toh at the Klingon Academy has the same background as Cmdr Viala at Starfleet Academy. Come on, the Loresinger isn't even indoors!
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, come on! Why?
    It looks cool, has no apparent problems of clipping, is all functional with patterns and windows and it's free.

Makes you wonder if they are gonna release the Constellation-class soonish into the game.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Speaking of backgrounds, Loresinger Ch'toh at the Klingon Academy has the same background as Cmdr Viala at Starfleet Academy. Come on, the Loresinger isn't even indoors!

That background is one of the many ones that are wrong on KDF side. Usually when my KDF is flying and changes sector, the 'bridge background' is the Federation Galaxy one.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dinoyipi wrote: »
    Constitution =/= Constellation

Oops; guess I misread that. :) Well, in that case, I don't know why.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really Cryptic? Cosmetic fiddling and artwork and you call it a patch? How about fixing some stuff. Like say the stupid quest "Trapped" where players still get stuck after gods know how many years? Or the zombie like behavior of npc's in combat, especially ground combat? Or The balance and doff stacking issues that is practically ruining end game (especially PvP).

You're on thin ice with me Cryptic. I've only been playing this game for a month or so but I'm noticing your lackluster attitude to the game and your don't care approach to content. Right now this game is about as much Star Trek as a bad space shooter that paid CBS a truckload of money to use the name. Oh wait, that's exactly what STO is...

Well here's a newsflash. You're the developer. We're the players. You work for us because we pay your kid's college tuition. We're not happy with your performance and thus you either need to start behaving like you want to get paid or find another job. Because like it or not there's a whole lot of MMO's out there offering a lot more than the mediocre grade school level antics Ive seen thus far (in all your games).
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Constellation saucer is no longer available to be used on Heavy Cruisers.
    This option should not have been available.
    If you have already chosen this option, it will remain until the ship’s costume is modified again.

So, what was the point in removing it if it'll still be available to those who already use it? Why not just leave it because I can already tell you, most people who really liked this addition - including me - won't be changing their ship costume until the thing is released again.

Also, there's no mention of the Vigilant and Gallant Refit skins that were added some time ago - I presume this means I must continue flying around in a deformed ship for at least another week?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    akanaro wrote: »
    ...Well here's a newsflash. You're the developer. We're the players. You work for us because we pay your kid's college tuition. We're not happy with your performance and thus you either need to start behaving like you want to get paid or find another job. Because like it or not there's a whole lot of MMO's out there offering a lot more than the mediocre grade school level antics Ive seen thus far (in all your games).

Ah one of those people. :rolleyes:
    ...We're not happy

Secondly, you don't speak for us so keep us out of your delusional sense of entitlement.
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really Cryptic? Cosmetic fiddling and artwork and you call it a patch? How about fixing some stuff. Like say the stupid quest "Trapped" where players still get stuck after gods know how many years? Or the zombie like behavior of npc's in combat, especially ground combat?

I thought Trapped was fixed? Mine Enemy too? They've worked perfectly for me the last few times I've played them.
    I can't help but agree about the ground combat behaviour though, especially with melee-equipped officers.
    Well here's a newsflash. You're the developer. We're the players. You work for us because we pay your kid's college tuition. We're not happy with your performance and thus you either need to start behaving like you want to get paid or find another job.

Oh, yeah, but speak for yourself - YOU're not happy, some others are not happy. Personally, I think it could be better, but I am happy with the game. It's imperfect, but it's getting better. Take it from someone who pre-ordered the game and played at the launch, it's a lot better now than it was then.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really Cryptic? Cosmetic fiddling and artwork and you call it a patch? How about fixing some stuff. Like say the stupid quest "Trapped" where players still get stuck after gods know how many years? Or the zombie like behavior of npc's in combat, especially ground combat? Or The balance and doff stacking issues that is practically ruining end game (especially PvP).
    Yes, it's terrible.
    You're on thin ice with me Cryptic. I've only been playing this game for a month or so but I'm noticing your lackluster attitude to the game and your don't care approach to content. Right now this game is about as much Star Trek as a bad space shooter that paid CBS a truckload of money to use the name. Oh wait, that's exactly what STO is...
    Yes, it's terrible.
    Well here's a newsflash. You're the developer. We're the players. You work for us because we pay your kid's college tuition. We're not happy with your performance and thus you either need to start behaving like you want to get paid or find another job. Because like it or not there's a whole lot of MMO's out there offering a lot more than the mediocre grade school level antics Ive seen thus far (in all your games).
    Yes, it's terrible.

Why not try Eve? Here's the URL.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Ah, one of THOSE types...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let me put it to you straight, to'Ba. STO's devs are some of the best in the world. Don't believe me? Go play EVE, where the devs are sadistic trolls, making a game for sadistic trolls. Or D&D Online, where the devs are incompetent. Or SWTOR, where they're just plain lazy.

Alternatively, go play World of ********, where the devs are sadistic, incompetent, AND lazy all at once. Seriously, there's a reason why my favorite WoW parody calls the thinly-veiled parodies of the GMs and devs "GM Malevolent", "GM Famine", "GM War", "GM Pestilence", and "GM Death". WoW has the worst devs EVER.

In a nutshell, you should be licking Tacofangs's boots clean to thank him and the other devs for being so kind as to actually work to fix the long-running bugs. I've seen them try multiple FAW fixes; BranFlakes even mentioned the aggravation that this persistent issue causes on one of his last livestreams. I see in this patch alone that at least two of the biggest, most complained-about bugs are history as of this patch.

So either recognize that we are lucky to have the Cryptic dev team, or go play something else and whinge at their devs. Srsly, man...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Yes, it's terrible.

Yes, it's terrible.

Yes, it's terrible.

Why not try Eve? Here's the URL.

LOL awesome joke LOL.

Hilarious, stoutes. Permission to re-use those lines and that link on the next whinge troll?
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

Let me put it to you straight, to'Ba. STO's devs are some of the best in the world. Don't believe me? Go play EVE, where the devs are sadistic trolls, making a game for sadistic trolls. Or D&D Online, where the devs are incompetent. Or SWTOR, where they're just plain lazy.

Alternatively, go play World of ********, where the devs are sadistic, incompetent, AND lazy all at once. Seriously, there's a reason why my favorite WoW parody calls the thinly-veiled parodies of the GMs and devs "GM Malevolent", "GM Famine", "GM War", "GM Pestilence", and "GM Death". WoW has the worst devs EVER.

In a nutshell, you should be licking Tacofangs's boots clean to thank him and the other devs for being so kind as to actually work to fix the long-running bugs. I've seen them try multiple FAW fixes; BranFlakes even mentioned the aggravation that this persistent issue causes on one of his last livestreams. I see in this patch alone that at least two of the biggest, most complained-about bugs are history as of this patch.

So either recognize that we are lucky to have the Cryptic dev team, or go play something else and whinge at their devs. Srsly, man...

lmao at one of THOSE types using the phrase 'one of THOSE types'
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Why not try Eve?

Because Eve is worse?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We're not happy with your performance and thus you either need to start behaving like you want to get paid or find another job. Because like it or not there's a whole lot of MMO's out there offering a lot more than the mediocre grade school level antics Ive seen thus far (in all your games).

The fourth anniversary of people predicting the demise of this game passed recently.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syberghost wrote: »
    The fourth anniversary of people predicting the demise of this game passed recently.

I've got to say,

the new ship switch and loadout features that have been implemented are top shelf.
    they function for one, and theyve added tons of playability and replay value to the game for me with my multiple toons.

Best change to the game in ages.
  • bryanschaeferbryanschaefer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Has there been any update as to the visual problem with the new EV suits when worn by a female Romulan? I hate having to lose my legs every time I wear it! :)
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LOL awesome joke LOL.

Hilarious, stoutes. Permission to re-use those lines and that link on the next whinge troll?
    You go right ahead :D.
    johngazman wrote: »
    Because Eve is worse?
    It's all explained in the link provided :cool:.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If EvE is so great why are all their players here.:confused:
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syberghost wrote: »

Purple people eating transformer ships is far from it passing :)
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Seems like you've got quite the biased fangirl whinefest going yourself. Another pot calling the kettle black just because someone else has an opposing viewpoint. Grow up...
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it shiny? Is it scrumptious? Will it make us money?

Best post ever now copied for your enjoyment...

But when you go to ask the Devs a question, just remember this is the preamble to EVERY response.
This discussion has been closed.