What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Devs of Q's Party Patrol

Comments

• Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm running the event on 12 characters and so far I have only encountered one person doing this.

I did 3 runs yesterday, and on one of them, at Klingon Academy, it was a major problem. There may not have been more than 2 or 3 people doing it, but it was actually hard to find a Mini-Q that hadn't been activated.

I actually thought the players were just trolling.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You are blaming players trying to have a bit of fun from a broken content. Or should I say, be less bored. You should tell Cryptic you don't want this stupid minigame for next year instead. If it was interesting or fun, people would do it, simple as that.

This whole thing remind me of the snowpiles. It was boring, tedious, and some people used macros to make it less an annoyance. But instead of blaming cryptic for a poorly done minigame, the players were blamed. Then, Cryptic nerfed it for the next year, and it was a real problem to have any green winter currency. As for the Eppoh tag, it was also more difficult.

Keep doing that, and next year we'll have a more boring minigame, and no way to escape it.

In the meantime, I'll continue being a jerk, because if I have to do another shell game, I'll shoot myself to ease the pain. Sorry about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally do not blame the people who do that, I'm blaming the people who "force" them to do such a ridiculously bad mini game by... Programming it.
    I mean this game is bad, really bad. If I hadn't found out how to see q in the box I would have given up on it after the first day. It's simply unbearable to do that daily, especially with a high amount of characters.

I personally am not the nicest person in regards of that, while I'm not "wasting" the shell game I usually activate multiple of if I can because it's simply to long. But at the time I usually do the party patrol the server is quiet empty so I am in instances with 2-3 people, not 30-40. And even it's still annoying to find active party crashers.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any time I get the presents I run away. I'm not standing there putting up with something I find tedious.
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaguaro70 wrote: »
    Dear Devs,

Can you please see if you can do something about players who are at the Academy and activate the mini Q's and then run off when they don't get the ones that they have to chase. Maybe make it where if they activate Q then they are forced to participate with the one they activate. It makes it harder on the rest of us.

What they're doing is skipping the annoying box-shuffle puzzle and getting the chase-me mini-Q's.

I do it too. Being color blind its ******n annoying to be guessing which is red and which is green.
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I would gladly stop doing this, all you need do is get cryptic to put in an option that allows us to choose which game we want to play.

Until this happens, I refuse to do the buggy shell game....

You should have to take what pops up.

erei1 wrote: »
    You are blaming players trying to have a bit of fun from a broken content. Or should I say, be less bored. You should tell Cryptic you don't want this stupid minigame for next year instead. If it was interesting or fun, people would do it, simple as that.

This whole thing remind me of the snowpiles. It was boring, tedious, and some people used macros to make it less an annoyance. But instead of blaming cryptic for a poorly done minigame, the players were blamed. Then, Cryptic nerfed it for the next year, and it was a real problem to have any green winter currency. As for the Eppoh tag, it was also more difficult.

Keep doing that, and next year we'll have a more boring minigame, and no way to escape it.

In the meantime, I'll continue being a jerk, because if I have to do another shell game, I'll shoot myself to ease the pain. Sorry about that.

Actually, I blame players who activate several mini Q's at a time because they are causing problems for other players. If 2 or 3 or more players do this in an instance at the same time then what are other players suppose to do? If a player then changes instances and the same thing is happening then there then there is still the problem. I do blame the players that cause this. If you are bored then don't play the mini game.

Any time I get the presents I run away. I'm not standing there putting up with something I find tedious.

Then if you find the mini game tedious then don't play. Its up to you.

I just wonder if there are actually any Devs seeing this. Players who are actually wanting to play the mini game because we are appreciative of the Devs hard work shouldn't be punished by the selfishness of others. Make them have no option to go to another Mini Q until they finish the one they start. PLEASE!!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dear Devs,

Can you please see if you can do something about players who are at the Academy and activate the mini Q's and then run off when they don't get the ones that they have to chase. Maybe make it where if they activate Q then they are forced to participate with the one they activate. It makes it harder on the rest of us.

[SARCASM]
    Dear Devs,

Can you please enforce rigid rules during the time-wasting "shell game" grind-o-rama feature? Some people are having fun wrong, and it chafes those of us who know there's a "right way" (our way) and a "wrong way" (any other way) to do things. :rolleyes: [/SARCASM]

<PTUI!>
    When "The Man" says I'm doing it wrong, I'll stop instantly. Until then, all you little Sheldon Coopers can work on the realization that it's not "your way or the highway."
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Marvellous, an anniversary event so badly designed that players, in order to retain their sanity, have to become (in Ere1's words) jerks.

Happy anniversary!

Feeling ever so appreciated enough yet to take out your wallet?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Marvellous, an anniversary event so badly designed that players, in order to retain their sanity, have to become (in Ere1's words) jerks.

Happy anniversary!

That sums it up perfectly...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

Nope. Never again. Bad enough I've got to jump through these "Dance, Monkeys, Dance" hoops but I'll be damned if I pay for the privilege.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You should have to take what pops up.

Since when did you make the rules? :rolleyes:

As I said, a simple choice of which game is all that is needed, then you can sit there waiting for it to complete, while the rest of us do the chase game.

Simples.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Nope. Never again. Bad enough I've got to jump through these "Dance, Monkeys, Dance" hoops but I'll be damned if I pay for the privilege.

The bad thing is, we all still do the cra*, so crypics metrics will say the event is a success. :rolleyes:

So next year they will have considered all our feedback, and they will have improved the event based on that with the following fixes:
    - We will have to find 10 instead of 5 party crashes.
    - Since the feedback showed clearly that one of the two party crasher games were not liked, they will have removed the running after q game.
    - The shell game will take twice as long every time
    - The bug that made players able to see q in the box will be fixed.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There should be a "x" button you click if you don't want to do the stupid boxes, that way the minipata'h stays up for other players who don't mind doing the boxes, and you can move on to other miniQ
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    - Since the feedback showed clearly that one of the two party crasher games were not liked, they will have removed the running after q game.

Nah. Both games will remain, but they'll bias it to 95% shell game, 5% runners.

And once you activate any Party Crasher, you'll activate a Global Cooldown that prevents you from activating another until that one's game times out.

And then the race queue bug from the Winter Wonderland will rear its head, and if two people go for the same Party Crasher the second one will get it while the first only gets the cooldown.

And then the people crying for change will be crying about having gotten what they wanted. :D

Be careful what you wish for- you just might get it.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you know what works really good actually?

going to a nearly empty instance, and clicking EVERY Q IN SIGHT, then going back and picking a color, in about 1 minute youll have your five by pure chance most times
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nah. Both games will remain, but they'll bias it to 95% shell game, 5% runners.

And once you activate any Party Crasher, you'll activate a Global Cooldown that prevents you from activating another until that one's game times out.

And then the race queue bug from the Winter Wonderland will rear its head, and if two people go for the same Party Crasher the second one will get it while the first only gets the cooldown.

And then the people crying for change will be crying about having gotten what they wanted. :D

Be careful what you wish for- you just might get it.

It is almost as if you can tell the future!! :eek: :P ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Since when did you make the rules? :rolleyes:

As I said, a simple choice of which game is all that is needed, then you can sit there waiting for it to complete, while the rest of us do the chase game.

Simples.

No one made me a Dev and the ruler of the game. Just like no one gave you the rule maker either. And if there were a choice then no one would choose the shell game option and it would be useless. That is why a player should be made to take what they get. That is my opinion.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make the drop 50/50 instead of having boxes most of the time.
    Don't allow a player to start at a new miniQ until his current one has completed.

Oh and please don't raise the number of completed miniQs beyond 5. :(
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    All this bickering it is demonstrating that this event has managed to increase the hate between players. This random garbage boxes event needs to go.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No one made me a Dev and the ruler of the game. Just like no one gave you the rule maker either. And if there were a choice then no one would choose the shell game option and it would be useless. That is why a player should be made to take what they get. That is my opinion.

There is a choice, and I use the daylights out of it. Sorry that gets your panties in such a bunch, but like I've already said: Once the word comes down from the Devs that I'm "having fun wrong" I'll stop. Word from forumites? Pffft....nothing but refills for my bottle of delicious Nerd Rage Tears energy drink.

That is my opinion.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There is a choice, and I use the daylights out of it. Sorry that gets your panties in such a bunch, but like I've already said: Once the word comes down from the Devs that I'm "having fun wrong" I'll stop. Word from forumites? Pffft....nothing but refills for my bottle of delicious Nerd Rage Tears energy drink.

That is my opinion.

Stop the hate and the rage. Peace no Hate. :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    edited February 2014

That is my opinion.

So much this^^^

I concur....
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Stop the hate and the rage. Peace no Hate. :rolleyes::D

Indeed. Stop all the Sheldons raging and hating on nature's tendency to find the path of least resistance. And remember to thank your Devs for creating this fun. :cool:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't allow a player to start at a new miniQ until his current one has completed.

This is actually a good suggestion^

I could be imagining it, but one observation I've made though is that it seems as if certain map locations always have box Qs and vice versa. I'll have to chart it next time I play.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do understand the complains I saw it with a friend of mine, people walk away from the quest, but most annoying is the part that NPC's are walking true you box game so you miss Q the last second. Or people stand in the way or running true your game, it is very annoying. They could solve that to let people beam down in one spot and not all over the map, also NPC's should have a bump marker so they walk around a game and not straight true ones game.

greets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Full disclaimer: Doing Party Patrol for the Dilithium Box, not trying very hard for Qmendations, and don't much care if I get the ship or not.

Some specific observations --

If it weren't for the shooter mode trick, the shell game would drive me bananas.

Even then, it takes too long for the presents to stop moving and give you the interact buttons. If this were an interaction in a regular mission, the Devs would immediately recognize that there's too much dead time in between actions. So why is it okay here?

(Hint: it's not.)

My only beef with the runners is that their paths almost inevitably lead away from where the mini-Q's are hanging out. Maybe this is by design, to give other players a chance at getting a mini-Q?

The random chance of getting either a shell game or a runner is a little TOO random, in my opinion. It's too common to get multiple shell games in a row at any given time.

If the point of this task is to attract players to a social area where they will interact with each other, then I have to say that it seems to me that it is not succeeding at that goal. Players just want to do their grind and get the heck out.

It might be more fun if teams of players could cooperate to chase down a mini-Q, or to complete the whole mission. That would encourage more inter-player interaction. Implement a queue to make it even easier to team up and design the scenario around that?

Then there's the issue of the tedious back and forth:

(Fed example)
    1. Go to ESD space from wherever you are. Maybe transwarp, if available.
    2. Close to docking range.
    3. Go to ESD ground, then proceed to the club to get the mission from Q.
    4. Now go back to the transporters in order to go to the Academy.
    5. Run around getting your 5 successful mini-Q's
    6. Beam back up to ESD, then proceed to the club to turn in the mission.

That's a lot of enforced running around in a rather short period of time. Time spent zoning and running from place to place is time that is arguably spent not playing the game and not interacting with anybody.

We should be able to go directly to the Academy and be able to pick up Party Patrol from there. After that, I wouldn't mind beaming up to ESD to turn it in.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    We should be able to go directly to the Academy and be able to pick up Party Patrol from there. After that, I wouldn't mind beaming up to ESD to turn it in.

Open log, main page where the daily events calendar used to be, click "4th Anniversary" banner on left side, click "Hail" on resulting popup, collect mission from Q while standing at Starfleet Academy or Klingon Academy. ;)
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014

So, what you want is basically forcing players to do something they dislike (IE shell game), instead of working on a solution to make everyone happy ? I hope you see what's wrong in that.

Unfortunately, I fully expect something like that from Cryptic. Or the runner game be removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Open log, main page where the daily events calendar used to be, click "4th Anniversary" banner on left side, click "Hail" on resulting popup, collect mission from Q while standing at Starfleet Academy or Klingon Academy. ;)

Yeah, its the beam back up to Qonos or ESD that annoys me and is utterly pointless.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Or the runner game be removed.

you have no idea how much that is in the back of my mind with this. considering what cryptic did with the snowpiles in the winter event. they didnt fix the issue with keyboard macro players, they just punished everyone for it and instead removed it. if cryptic follows its own tradition, the shell game would be the only thing standing because its getting the most attention, positive or negative makes no difference, its still attention.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.