test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Devs of Q's Party Patrol

1235»

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SWITCH MAPS easy solution, that is what I do I change instances and usually find one with 3-8 players
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i have had it a few times where i got the runner and did not or could not see where the q zapped to before he ran away and dispite looking arround could not make him out from any of the seroundings, this is not quite so bad for the kdf academy wich is sparcer but on fed academy there is quite a lot of foliage and other stuff arround to block the view.

this is much more annoying to me then the odd player that ditches the present game.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, can someone please share with me the secret to getting the shell game? Some have mentioned using shooter mode, but when I hit "X" there's no indicator as to where the silly Q is... Something I'm missing?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Hey, can someone please share with me the secret to getting the shell game? Some have mentioned using shooter mode, but when I hit "X" there's no indicator as to where the silly Q is... Something I'm missing?

Thanks!
    CM

No the "x" but the "B" and aim at the boxes.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »

Thanks!
    CM

I beam in, move to the lowest population instance I can find, go straight into Shooter Mode and stay there.
    Always remember:

Party Crashers with HP bars run, Party Crashers without HP bars start the shell game.

There's how to select which game you want.

Once you're playing the shell game, wait for the shuffling to stop- you get no indications while that's going on. It's time-wasting rubbish, best spent activating a couple more.

Once they ask "Where am I hidden?" pointing at each gift box in Shooter Mode will reveal Q- you get the "gear" symbol that means you can interact when pointed where Q is.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, but I play this game to play STO. If I wanted to play shell games, I'd play on my phone.

/quotedforcompleteanduttertruth
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not going to read every post here, and I'm sure that at this point my post may not be read either, but here's the deal...

1) Mouse over the q. Does it have a health bar? If yes, it's a runner, if not, it's boxes.

2) Go into shooter mode ('b' key by default). Target the boxes. See the gear symbol? That's where q is.

3) Re-read #2. Do you know what this means? You can activate multiple box qs at one time, and not worry about watching them.

While this one is moving around, go talk to that one. While that second one is moving around, go back to the first one and enter shooter mode.

There is no reason for anyone to activate any q that they are not interested in dealing with, and if they do activate a hider when they wanted a runner, they can go off to find a runner and come back to the hider and find him without any trouble (or watching) necessary.

Really, the whole thing makes me wonder why they even bother.

If a puzzle solves itself it really is a lousy puzzle. Q should just stop being stupid and call his little qs back once and for all.

I'd like to see a new mission going forward, and the less of Q, the better.
    Send me to a new planet and make me solve some puzzles, either like on Defera with the artifacts during that Borg mission, the 'Simon' type games where I have to repeat a pattern (maybe the longer the player can string the correct pattern together, the more event commendations they get), the "here are three (or maybe go with five) things that you have to do in this order" stuff like in the Dyson sphere, the mining stuff, data sample gathering, radiation scans, something new... Just something better than chasing around little baby qs.

I never cared for Q as a character. These baby qs are even less appealing.
    edited February 2014
    I'm not going to read every post here, and I'm sure that at this point my post may not be read either, but here's the deal...

1) Mouse over the q. Does it have a health bar? If yes, it's a runner, if not, it's boxes.

2) Go into shooter mode ('b' key by default). Target the boxes. See the gear symbol? That's where q is.

3) Re-read #2. Do you know what this means? You can activate multiple box qs at one time, and not worry about watching them.

While this one is moving around, go talk to that one. While that second one is moving around, go back to the first one and enter shooter mode.

There is no reason for anyone to activate any q that they are not interested in dealing with, and if they do activate a hider when they wanted a runner, they can go off to find a runner and come back to the hider and find him without any trouble (or watching) necessary.

Really, the whole thing makes me wonder why they even bother.

If a puzzle solves itself it really is a lousy puzzle. Q should just stop being stupid and call his little qs back once and for all.

I'd like to see a new mission going forward, and the less of Q, the better.
    Send me to a new planet and make me solve some puzzles, either like on Defera with the artifacts during that Borg mission, the 'Simon' type games where I have to repeat a pattern (maybe the longer the player can string the correct pattern together, the more event commendations they get), the "here are three (or maybe go with five) things that you have to do in this order" stuff like in the Dyson sphere, the mining stuff, data sample gathering, radiation scans, something new... Just something better than chasing around little baby qs.

I never cared for Q as a character. These baby qs are even less appealing.

The devs found a lazy solution to an easy problem, I agree 400 qmen for the first FE, then go and do 6 Foundry missions of a list provided by the devs and you get 100 qmwn for each mission, easy solution.