Install Arc
Options

Re: Tier 5 Connie

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tragamites wrote: »
    The Constilation Class entered servic in 2285 and served into the late 2370's with some even refit for use in the Dominion War. (ST Dominion Wars: DS9 game) That puts them at the 100 year mark.

The dominion war ended in 2375, at best that's 90 years.... even then the only Constellation class specifically noted to have been in service was the USS Victory, and based on her higher hull number likely was not as old as many others of her class. So she likely wasn't 90.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can just imagine the meltdown that will happen if Cryptic ever says, "T5 Constitution coming to a Cstore near you!"
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    The dominion war ended in 2375, at best that's 90 years.... even then the only Constellation class specifically noted to have been in service was the USS Victory, and based on her higher hull number likely was not as old as many others of her class. So she likely wasn't 90.

Still that is at least 30 years longer than what is noted for the Connie.

P.S. did my thread get jacked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still that is at least 30 years longer than what is noted for the Connie.

P.S. did my thread get jacked?
    There's a difference between a functional, viable ship and just having flying targets to fill space. At that point in time the Federation was just scrapping together anything they could get their hands on; like putting a PT boat into the battle of Midway.

The Mirandas at DS9 showed how useless the ship class was in that time period compared to modern ships. They were the cannon fodder to take some fire off of the newer Fed ships; and they were blown to bits in the process. That's probably why the Miranda and Obert/Connie/NX replica ships are t1 in this game. They can fill some space, maybe get in a lucky shot or two, but they can't take a punch.

Logically Starfleet would use these olders ships as transport vessels, safe sector patrols around Vulcan, Earth, and other non-hostile planets in the federation, and training vessels; which is what the Enterprise was by WoK.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Constitution was launched sometime ine 2243-4 and the refit happened in the 2270's but little is mentioned following this concerning Constitution Class starships.

The refit Constitution is STILL a Constitution. The Enterprise served from 2245 to 2285. The Enterprise A was launched in 2286. So it's more than 30 years.
    The Enterprise B was an Excelsior Class which entered service around 2284. The USS Yorktown is renamed Enterprise A in 2286 and Decommissioned in 2293.

Yup. The Enterprise B was comissioned in 2293. Which I already said.
    So the Constitution Class served around 30 years and the Refit scored another 10-20?

The refit is the same ship. You do realize the ship was supposedly refit the first time between Pike stepping down and Kirk stepping in right? That's been touched on in some sources like the encyclopedia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    The Mirandas at DS9 showed how useless the ship class was in that time period compared to modern ships. They were the cannon fodder to take some fire off of the newer Fed ships; and they were blown to bits in the process.

The only ships not shown to be easily blown to bits by the Dominion in DS9 were all hero ships. The Defiant, or anything Dukat or Worf were in during an episode. Everything else got pummeled soundly by the Dominion. Be it a Miranda, a Galaxy a D'Deridex or a Bird of Prey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    NO! I'm not asking for why,what,or how we don't have a t5 connie. This thread is not about that. It is an other what-if question.

They have done it. A t5 connie is now ingame. The question is what could the devs do to make you NOT want the ship.

Super high zen price?

Make it so you have to use Arc?

Play party patrol 1000 times?

Think up your worse.
  • Options
    asthalothasthaloth Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It being the Constitution class is enough for me to not want it. :p
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Because CBS said no...

Nothing more, nothing less...

To my knowledge, no other explanation exists.

There we go. Answer received.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They shud release it coz they cud fund the game for the next twenty yrs from the nerd self gratification it wud cause.

I personally would be meh ok i would get one just beacuse but I would want I T5 NX class coz I love that ship.

but if u run them proper u can do elite stf's in a T1 ship I do them in my NX class from time to time.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    They shud release it coz they cud fund the game for the next twenty yrs from the nerd self gratification it wud cause.

I personally would be meh ok i would get one just beacuse but I would want I T5 NX class coz I love that ship.

but if u run them proper u can do elite stf's in a T1 ship I do them in my NX class from time to time.

How bout cuz, C's B's and S's says no. Dere's been plenties ofs others thread's bout this. All states HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS to da NO!

Yeah.. no, why are we even responding to this thought of a T5 50 y/o relic of a ship or even this thread.. respectfully, use the Foundry, play your connie missions there and pretend to be J.J. Abrahms and pew pew for the next 20 yrs so the rest of us can deal with the Dyson, the Hirogen and the future of this game instead of history repeating blah. ;)
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    How bout cuz, C's B's and S's says no. Dere's been plenties ofs others thread's bout this. All states HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS to da NO!

Yeah.. no, why are we even responding to this thought of a T5 50 y/o relic of a ship or even this thread.. respectfully, use the Foundry, play your connie missions there and pretend to be J.J. Abrahms and pew pew for the next 20 yrs so the rest of us can deal with the Dyson, the Hirogen and the future of this game instead of history repeating blah. ;)

I do agree they shudn't release it for the reason of it has been and always shall be (unless it changes) a NO!

But im just saying they shud to fund the game for the reason i said Self Nerd Gratification lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    Yeah but the Enterprise isn't an aircraft carrier :v

While it was decommissioned in 2012, it was an aircraft carrier. And the US Navy has a new one scheduled to launch in 2025, also slated to be an aircraft carrier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another request for a T5 connie/nx? Kill it with fire! And then kill it a bit more! :P

(Disclaimer for the weakhearted; J/K)
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    CBS has no idea how to manage a game and thats why we don't have a T5 Connie.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »

CBS doesn't manage the game at all. That is Cryptic's job. All CBS can do is veto certain content that Cryptic plans to add. There are numerous reasons why the person in charge of STO's license at CBS decides no T5 Connie. They hate the ship, they like the ship and it is blasphemous for anyone to fly Kirk's ship except in a reduced role, some licensing agreement due to the JJ Enterprise, having a Starfleet refit ship that is 150 years old does as well as an Odyssey just doesn't make sense, or some other reason.

All that we know is that Cryptic told us that CBS SAID NO. Even if we get a Tier 5 Connie, then it won't be a Connie. It will be some Tier 5 ship that just looks like a Connie. Personally, I find that concept to be disrespectful to the Constitution.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must agree with CBS, a Connie should never be in modern conflict with vastly larger, more advanced, centuries newer and more powerful vessels... Making it T5 means the 200 year old connie wasnt 200 years old or we advanced 0% for 200+ years.... Why even question why your pinto cannot race a lambo....
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There will never be a T5 Connie in STO. My guess is that CBS wants more in fees and royalties than Cryptic can pay. But whatever the reason, they've shot down the idea.

There will never be a JJ-prise Connie in STO. STO is based on the tv series, and movies up to and including "Nemesis," whose rights are owned by CBS. The JJ movies are owned by Paramount, who, for whatever reason they have, will not allow their property to be used in STO.

So really. Stop asking. Go fly you Jem Hirogivoth ships and be happy.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    CBS owns the rights to the TV shows. Paramount owns the rights to the movies. The TOS connie is in-game because that was only seen in the TV show. When ST:TMP came out they redid the look entirely, and it was never seen in any TV show. Maybe... I'm pulling stuff outta my youknowwhat here...

I'm guessing CBS is saying NO because they don't have the rights to do it. The other side of that is you get a similar ship without calling it that, like our "cruiser refit" and our "exeter class" -- not called constitutions, but similar in layouts. Though, I hate the flat-disc bottom of the saucer they modeled. That's just WRONG in my opinion.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »

You should change your signature to

Vote tier 5 Constitution Refit Fleet Refrofit Never!
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    I must agree with CBS, a Connie should never be in modern conflict with vastly larger, more advanced, centuries newer and more powerful vessels... Making it T5 means the 200 year old connie wasnt 200 years old or we advanced 0% for 200+ years.... Why even question why your pinto cannot race a lambo....

The T5 B'Rel and T5 T'Liss and T5 D'Kyr are not vastly larger or more advanced. And are either older or the same age.

So it's really just a lot of pintos racing each other around the wal-mart parking lot before we all go to Applebee's and get in a fight. I mean the forums and get in a fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaindecker12captaindecker12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic should release a Tier 5 Cruiser that's just the Excalibur and the Vesper variants just to troll everyone
    Actual Join Date: Dec 2009 (Yes, that's pre-launch)
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't want a connie. Want Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic should release a Tier 5 Cruiser that's just the Excalibur and the Vesper variants just to troll everyone

Apparently they can't do that, even though it's been suggested a bunch of times.

Essentially I think they need to offer something at the fleet level for a T2 cruiser. Because it's a glaring hole. There's a fleet Nova and a Fleet Saber. But no Fleet cruiser from that tier. But the CBS issue seems to extend to the Excalibur and Vesper and Exeter as well.

So I don't know.

I've been in favor of a T5 Constitution of any kind since day 1. But I myself have given up on the discussion.

I'm participating in this thread for fun. So I can make Applebee's/Ricky Bobby references, discuss the Enterprise aircraft carrier, or talk about ship ages. But really I no longer care what they do. Cryptic (or really at this point Geko) has some weird ship tastes that definitely don't match up with mine.

A T5 Constellation though might finally get me out of that funk?

Maybe. And that seems likely according to the forums and the mistake/spoiler on Tribble.

So for all the T5 Connie folks and also for all the Galaxy needs and update folks ... I wish you all the best. I really wish the Nebula was a better ship at end-game, I really wish I could fly a T5 Constitution with the TOS Bridge and a full slate of TOS Uniforms on everyone to have some consistency in my pretend game, and I really wish the Galaxy had some sort of function that every other Cruiser didn't do better but that it WAS NOT tactical based.

I think in 6 months time though, none of that will ever get resolved.

And I also wish there was less Abrams hate on these forums, because large chunks of this game are very much related to and inspired by the Abrams Star Trek. So it gets depressing to see so many people hate on those movies.

Ah well. Such is life.

Maybe I'll snag a mirror universe Cheyenne or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And I also wish there was less Abrams hate on these forums, because large chunks of this game are very much related to and inspired by the Abrams Star Trek. So it gets depressing to see so many people hate on those movies.

Would actually like to see a Jellyfish. Since that ship and the Narada were supposed to originate from this universe. I think that the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser was supposed to be inspired by the Narada, but there is no analogue to the Jellyfish.

My problem with the Abram ships is that there is no possible way for those ships to be seen by a member of the Prime Universe except for Spock and it is highly unlikely that he will come back to the Prime Universe considering the current state that Leonard Nimoy is in. The Galaxy X was observed by Picard in that alternate timeline and he likely reported it to Starfleet. I can treat the JJ Universe just fine if I treat it as a parallel universe and not an alternate timeline considering that Khan is English, Caitians are not furry, and other changes that occurred before Nero appeared in that universe.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    My problem with the Abram ships is that there is no possible way for those ships to be seen by a member of the Prime Universe

That's cool. That's not hating on the content. That's more like discussing and debating the ins and outs of the story.

:)

I was more referring to other posts I've read that just use a JJ-Verse Connie suggestion as a springboard for launching into how much they hated the films. Heh.

Anyways, 2014 seems to be the year I chilled the heck out regarding STO and Cryptic. It's been 4 years in the making hahahahahah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Anyways, 2014 seems to be the year I chilled the heck out regarding STO and Cryptic. It's been 4 years in the making hahahahahah.

Easiest method of retaining one's sanity. Although that is extremely low in some people's cases.

Would actually find it extremely funny if 2 years from now, Cryptic releases some major event and at the end states "Thanks for playing the Star Trek Online Beta. The servers will be closed for a couple of weeks so we can launch Star Trek Online."
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure if this goes here, so feel free to move it. I think that we need tos dual beam banks. Thoughts? Yes that's it. I have a mirror heavy cruiser and I run x6 tos phasers for the looks and sound. But it lacks what it could have with dbbs. And I don't want to mix, and Andorran phasers don't have the noise or right looks. But I am wanting those for a different build. Thoughts?
  • Options
    mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Apparently they can't do that, even though it's been suggested a bunch of times.

Essentially I think they need to offer something at the fleet level for a T2 cruiser. Because it's a glaring hole. There's a fleet Nova and a Fleet Saber. But no Fleet cruiser from that tier. But the CBS issue seems to extend to the Excalibur and Vesper and Exeter as well.

I've seen the quotes regarding CBS and the TOS connie. but I haven't seen anything on the others. I can also kind of understand the Exeter cause it's basically Kirk's newer connie used in the movie, but what about the Excalibur? I've searched around and seen nothing regarding that from either Cryptic or CBS.
This discussion has been closed.