test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUGS] Collection of reports for "A Step Between Stars"

depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
First let me say good mission I liked it hats of to you cryptic,
BUT

Spoilers

Defeat 3 groups of voth, the 3rd group stayed behind a locked door required mission restart.

When entering a Triolic Pattern Enhancer field every things goes black can not see any thing but UI.

And sadly this happens with most mission that have you changing ship when returned to your ship you power bar has been scrabbled.
vqpJOX.gif
Post edited by depc101 on

Comments

• andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ev suit part = nothing but total blackness
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some anniversary episode. Its buggy as hell. I've tried playing multiple times and have only succeeded once on one character. Several times I've been trapped suddenly inside doors that closed on me as I tried to pass through them (especially when trying to get back into the second part of the station while in the EV suit) and nothing seemed to work to get me free, except aborting the mission. And now I'm getting kicked off the servers with no warning while trying to play it. Plus I've got multiples of the same suit, not the different suits. Is that supposed to happen?

Other than all the bugs, it would be a really nice mission.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • mdesro71mdesro71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No issues here on first run through
  • theotherpicardtheotherpicard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love the new mission, bugs.......only one I suffered from is a black out when in zero G area in the new space suit. Had to do the whole thing using the map and the siloette of the sun. The new ship is awsome!!! Mad props!!! Plan to get one for every character. Too bad my Klingon is nowhere near lvl 50. But one Rom, and 3 Feds are going to farm like crazy.

A friend of mine was playing, and we were talking eachother through via Skype......he had hit a few bugs. Respawn issues, where he could not respawn, and many crashes, resulting in full mission restarts. I made it all the way through, only hitting one bug........as stated, BLACKOUT! Another black out was in the room where you have to stop the sheilding from opening and closing.......each time it opened, black screen.

Other than that, loved it all. Thanks Guys!

Ohhhh....for tech......I'm running on a ATI and AMD 64.

P.S. For future posts, please save the insulting the programers for some other site. It's a new mission that went "live". Meaning the testing was done on their computers. The bugs will be worked out, so be patient.
  • morhadelmorhadel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When i go to do the EV part of the mission BLACKOUT, still ahve my hud, and navagated most of it by my map but none of the activation bars where poping up either.
  • maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same, when start the eva part screen goes black. Relog fixed it, just have to respawn :)
  • theotherpicardtheotherpicard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Maoguin....I will try that.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No bugs here with a fed toon. Liked the mission, hated the ev suit part (the mission is long enough, i dont want ev suits parts damnit!!), and i hated the new ship. Yes, i dont like it. Even if the ability to swith to tactical mode is great, the design of the ship is just awful. I mean, i prefer any shield that gives me a visual style instead of "that". A regular cruiser covered by dyson parts.. just stupid. I dont even feel that i am flying a fed ship. But well, tastes are like colors..

And the ev suit, yeah, very cool, but very poor effort that cryptic put on it. The thrusters should show a correct direction output, but they only have 1 graphic design lol. So sad.

For those who are having problems, try to change the DX mode on the video options, im guessing is something with the way DX handles the shadows (and of course the lack of knowledge from cryptic).
  • hodge77hodge77 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everytime I try to begin Step Between Stars, the game crashes.
  • ladyrexladyrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me, every time I get near to finishing the quest the game crashes and the server goes offline for at least an hour. :mad::mad::mad:
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In a playthrough of the new featured episode, Steps Between Stars, while flying the science destroyed, I noticed a curious thing happening in tactical mode. I would fly at one ship head on, and have another in the port or starboard aft quarters. At this time, I activated Tuvok's Unique power with beam weapons and Scatter Volley 3, and the cannons would be firing at the ships behind me. I was talking to Branflakes about this, and he directed me here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14005111#post14005111, and I looked at the link in the post he had it stopped on to make sure I wasn't seeing things. When I confirmed I wasn't, he advised me to report it here.
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    I looked through a bunch of threads and didn't see this, so if it has already been reported, I apologize for double threading.

I completed the "A Step Between Stars" 3 times on my main Federation Captain and equipped the 3 piece set on my Avenger in place of the Adapted M.A.C.O. to test it out. After equipping it, I noticed that no visuals changed on my ship, which is no big deal as not all sets will change the look of your ship. However, after taking it into an ESTF (The Cure), which is always a good way to test out new gear, I noticed that this set did not perform as the stats indicated for the 2 and 3 piece sets. So, thinking maybe I didn't got the chances to proc, went into another ESTF and still no hull healing or any reflected damage or/and increase in turn or impulse speed. Again, I gave the set the benefit of a doubt. I tried a 3rd ESTF and still nothing. OK, now out of all the damage I took from the Borg in 3 separate ESTF's, at least 1 of the proc's should have triggered. So, I went to my passives and NONE of the set bonuses are even listed there.

So is this a bug or does this set ONLY work on the new Dyson Multi-mission Science Destroyers? Thanks.
  • tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just past the space walk, there is a juncture that sometimes funnels you left, sometimes right. When funneled left, you go into a room with malfunctioning windows and have to hind behind consoles to get across.

Well, long story short, I didn't make it. Dead. Respawn window came up and I clicked respawn. I clicked call for help. I mashed "F" key. Lots of all 3. Notta. Had to leave mission, and when I got back in....ALL THE WAY BACK TO BEGINNING where you meet Tuvok.

Annoying to say the least. At least drop us back in after the spacewalk. Better yet, fix the bug.
    edited January 2014
    Anytime I try to begin Step Between Stars, the game crashes, specifically it is while I am on the loading screen to begin the mission and it is patching.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2014
    The special abilities power tray of this ship instantly disappears if you select a non-generic custom power setting, i.e. 100 weapons and 70 engines.

The same also happens to the Obelisk carrier in its feature episode, it's a general issue.

The other isn't a bug but a complaint: The power tray of these mission specific ships is an awful mess, I hope they will be somewhat better arranged in future.
  • lculcu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i have same problem on Romulus character
  • keria0macleodkeria0macleod Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The set bonuses are working, at least the hull leech is. However, the leech is extremely weak.

Further Infoz on leech issue:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1002871
    Fleet Admiral; MACO Advanced Recon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is the anniversary set just a weaker version of the rep system set? I did look at both stats but based on player feedback to date it doesn't sound like its worth the grind.

Still haven't had a chance to even complete the Tuvok mission in lieu of several bugs, etc... :(
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • lculcu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fact set bonus working but visuals dont:(
  • captmarscaptmars Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got the bug where the last wave of voth don't come through the door. So I ran into the beams to kill myself. hit re-spawn and the prompt never goes away.

Had to relaunch the game because nothing would respond with the re-spawn popup there.
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    During the new FE "A Step Between Stars", when you go out for the spacewalk and need to grab some explosives from a Voth mech suit, the mission objective states, "Retrieve Ordinance from the Voth Mech". Ordinance is not correct here, the proper word is Ordnance. Reference: http://grammarist.com/usage/ordinance-ordnance/ and http://grammar.about.com/od/alightersideofwriting/a/Ordinance-And-Ordnance.htm
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
    edited January 2014
    For me it's during the loading screen while it's patching. I'm going to disable the patch on demand and see if that helps.
  • darknesslord002darknesslord002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I Was Going To Say You May Need A Patch :D

Good Luck To Fixing It! :)
  • reach24reach24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry Quick Test
    edited January 2014
    The patch is so slow as to be nonexistant. I guess I'm just not playing. I wonder if Cryptic even knows about the problem, surely I can't be the only one?
  • flagship1stfleetflagship1stfleet Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey where's tuvok? When you get to "Into the Void" (past the first map) It's a black screen.I click change character and quickly re enter and majically the lights come on! Oh good now I can see! "LOL" then you check on the officer and the fallen voth ect. then you have to check with tuvok. But where's he at? Well that is the end of that "LOL"
  • patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Voth Commanders were stuck in the wall in the Room with the Beams.
    They shoot and kill, i'm not able to do anything.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While its not ideal you can still work around this, regardless of your captain career

Tactical - Any kit with plasma grenade

SCI - Physicist kit, sonic pulse+exothermic

Eng- Any kit with quantum mortar, possibly chroniton mines, and orbital strike

^ All this abilities will likely hit the voth if they spawn on the wrong side of the door,

Like i said, not ideal, but it can make it so you can progress until a fix happens :)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hmm nope, i have the Physicist kit.
    when they are between beams and wall, nothing can reach them.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i've noticed so far during the EV Suit Space Walk adventure.

that Tuvok or Dr Cooper Vanish or Their AI Pathing gets screwed up and they appear to vanish from the Scene.

right now im doing the space walk part and Tuvok is no where to be found and only Dr Cooper is waiting by the Door after destroying the the Blockage.

i have all my Settings at max so im not suffering any other issues like the Black Environment.

Edit: i found tuvok hes in the first Tube construct after coming out the doorway after getting the EV Suit.

His AI Pathway seems to be screwy and doesn't respond fast enough to players movement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]