test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steps Between Stars - all black rooms for some players *Resolved*

Comments

• sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also got the same issue. As soon as I step outside everything goes very dark and I can hardly see anything. I have tried different graphic settings but nothing makes a difference.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    9:25 pm EST and the problem is still there. Everything goes black, no way to complete the mission.
  • countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When I put on the sphere suit to fly across the sun, all graphics turn black, except for the sun on the horizon.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that turning post processing on and off crashes the game.
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll just give you the screenshot
    from what im told from my fleet mates,
    the place should be all bright
    what the hell happened

http://puu.sh/6EpFn.jpg
  • puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having exactly the same issue
  • thegfshivathegfshiva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same. I can just about get the three switches done, but then I just completely lose any clue of where to go.
    edited January 2014
    seems like STO successfuly borked the texture mapping
    not only in mission its black, but all space texture are black

http://puu.sh/6Eqid.jpg
  • puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having the same issue, all textures are just silhouettes, no change in my graphics settings makes any difference.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lcdrmiller wrote: »
    Is it possible to take some screens and post them here?
    Also what graphic specs are you running the game at currently?

A change to DX11 fixed the issue for me in settings.
  • milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here, everything is black and progress cant be made past this as you cant see where you are going nor if you are looking upwards or downwards.

I was told to switch to DX11 it will correct the problem, but what about those of us that have cards that dont support DX11.

This game has very low requirements and I have been able to use my computer to play this on recomended settings for the past 3 years ive been playing the game and now this bs starts.
  • steppenrazorsteppenrazor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just came on to say that I tried (i really did try) to give this game another try after months of not playing. And I come to this...

http://puu.sh/6EpFn.jpg

I'm not gonna spend 2 hours in the dark trying to figure out where the <explative> i'm trying to go and then get sruck in a <explative> corner trying to get there only to have to <explative> do the whole <explative> thing over again.

PS. I'm not re-booting my PC to log onto crappy TRIBBLE windows 7 just so I can haz buggy DX11 support when all I need is stable DX9c. Fix THE GAME (your game)... don't tell us to use DX11 as a stupid work around solution. FIx your staff, fix your company and most importantly, fix your game... until then <explative> off.

P.S. You guys never fail to impress me by the amount of incompetence occurring in your work place.

http://i.imgur.com/FdgBItw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xRY1upT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FdhgLv0.jpg
    http://picpaste.com/9CDe1rkP.jpg
    http://picpaste.com/ghbUuLs7.jpg
    http://picpaste.com/CXvJThtZ.jpg

ABSO<explative>LUTELY amazing.

Perhaps you guys should take a page from your DOFF missions and start http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Execute_for_Incompetence
  • bluejuhbluejuh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Any suggestions for someone running WinXP (and therefore: DirectX 9.0c)?
  • tggrinctggrinc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just spent the last hour trying to get past the black space and have yet to get there. I tried resetting graphics to default but the server crashed just before I got to where you step into space.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I logged out of the game and ramped up my graphics card settings a notch. Then I logged back in and put my graphics settings to maximum before I started the mission and made sure it was set to Direct X 11. That seemed to take care of it even though things were just a bit laggy here and there.

Of course, this all won't help much if the servers don't stop asplodeying all over the place.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • darkbashdarkbash Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having exactly the same issue
  • cdrbobcdrbob Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had the same black screen, but changed to direct x 11 and it works fine for me. Someone earlier mentioned that the video they had did not support 11 but they changed to 9ec and it worked for them.
  • darkbashdarkbash Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    same for me it's all black:(
  • cdrbobcdrbob Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was on my third pass through the FE and was in the process of fighting the final undine when server went down again. Kind of reminds me of another launch.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xiphos83 wrote: »
    We've all been thoroughly enjoying our time in this mission I'm sure. To make it even better, upon entering the EV suit portion the entire station, debris field, etc blacks out. This makes the mission near impossible to complete without a great deal of blind luck. To really add some deliciousness to this feast of joy, upon beaming out, all other graphical models become blacked out as well. Ships, stations, people, etc.

I was able to get through the mission before the 3rd server collapse; the graphics issue during the spacewalk did not occur to me. I have a two year old Alienware built for gaming.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 65M with DX11
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dont know if you have herd of this one, but the Leiset... she cloaked and STAYED cloaked. I have to fight alone until the klingons showed up....

She never did decloak....

QA where are you?
    Server crashes.....

I am sorry to say that this whole 8.5 thing has been a big disappointment. I realize no one was charged for this and it was free. but honestly, you have taken time away from people and presented your product to the masses only for your product to fail. I really think the player base is owed an apology.
  • sirvanyevsirvanyev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All map graphics except for the "sky" went black during the mission... while I was in space, trying to fly to the other side of the station through wreckage and debris. Just an irregular wall of black. No stated loading errors, could still move around, just nothing to see. Had to quit after 20 minutes in. Hope it's related to the server/load issues!
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was able to get it to work by switching from Direct3D 9 to Direct3D 11 in my video settings. In future future, please post bug reports in the bug reports forum. They have a better chance of being seen by devs there.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Easy solution for me.

Everything was black on the station, all i did was to click on "charackter change" and then i choosed the same again in the menue. When i came back the lights went on.
    edited January 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    A change to DX11 fixed the issue for me in settings.

confirmed. switching from ds9 eh dx9 to dx11 fixed the issue.
    It can be used as workaround for the time being.
  • constantin061constantin061 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yudhistiro wrote: »

Which is not an option on Windows XP .
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am on Win XP and DX9 - once I go into space everything is TOTAL BLACKOUT! Cannot see anything and cannot complete mission.

Changing video settings to maximum like it suggests in patch notes does nothing. What's the workaround for this? Please post exact instructions.
  • asches1asches1 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After new patch, its still bugged. STILL. Cant finish mission like that.
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    asches1 wrote: »
    After new patch, its still bugged. STILL. Cant finish mission like that.

Bran,

thanks for getting STO back on but like many others this blackout is STILL happening regardless of the settings I choose. I completed 2 of these missions but all with luck and much frustration.

Been wanting to play this new episode but I can't spend an hour on it. Hopefully this is fixed as soon as humanly possible.

regards
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As reported in patch notes I am experiencing the bug where my screen goes completely black once I put on the EV suit and go into space.

Changing video to max settings before I go in as suggested workaround in patch notes does not help. Am running Win XP and DX9.

Cannot complete mission - anyone have EXACT instructions on how to fix or workaround this graphics bug?
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yudhistiro wrote: »

Yeah, not an option on Windows Vista either. I keep on getting an error report, something about how it cannot generate a d3d image or something. Basically... can't do this mission.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
This discussion has been closed.