What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steps Between Stars - all black rooms for some players *Resolved*

Comments

• Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No problems with Dx11 here...had it since I got this new PC last October.... *shrug*
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had the same issue as well using the dedicated graphics chip (AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB), settings at low did not fix the issue.

However, switching to my laptops integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics fixed the issue and I was able to complete the space walk and mission.
  • Options
    hondo1946hondo1946 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is one of the most boring, frustrating, stupid missions I have ever played on STO, which is what I have come to expect with all their ground missions.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone told me to set graphics card to Direct3d 11 in the video options menu. It requires a restart of the game, and I have not started the mission again yet. I will let y'all know if it works. :)
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep.. I got stuck to for as long as it took me to type /stuck

I like the fact that with this mission we have far more controll of our "space walk" then the end mission in 2800....A lot of fun. I hope we see more of this in the future..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did it twice with no problems.Helps to hit the B button to change to cross hair view.much easier to control that way
  • Options
    arbuz1arbuz1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    Here's what I'm seeing.

http://i.imgur.com/MYHHOAp.jpg

I toggled everything on the video settings, nothing seems to help.

Same Here Star Trek Into Darkness...
  • Options
    dammitjim7676dammitjim7676 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had the same issue - station and my character were all blacked out. I went into options and changed my graphics card to Direct3d 11 and restarted STO and everything is fine. Not sure this will work for everyone, but it did for me. Worth trying.
    MMO forums. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
  • Options
    darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I found a fix for this. In your options>Video, check to make sure your Video Card settings are 'Direct3d 11'. (If you have multiple options for 'Direct3d 11', it doesn't matter what you chose. I went with the first [#1] version and it seem to be working just fine.) You will then have to exit STO and then reopen it. This should help.

Good luck fellow Captains.

warning

to those attempting this, switching to dx11 may cause your game to not even progress past the LOR loading screen and then crash.

you'll have to go into safe mode to even gain access.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cant see anything as well . Im flying in a ev suit like a blind person, and its manageable more and less until Tovak says find and activate some door console ......omg how? I cant see it :P I mean really even with all my efforts I put in I can't find it, and make it open.
    I mean Tovak why can't you do me a small treat I open it for me? :D
  • Options
    zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Running an Nvidia GeForce 550 TI, using Direct X 11, no visual effects issues, just control issues on the EV suit during my first attempt to play through the mission, could not control it very well, did not work like a Risian floater, kept trying to pull me down into the sun and I kept seeing "Space Walk Enabled" blipping off and on in the upper left corner of the screen.

Worked much better the second time around though but then the server went down.
  • Options
    krozymodokrozymodo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got the same problem...did manage to find 2 locks right before the server crashed...somehow lol
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ive maneged (somehow maybe im some kind of a jedi master :D ) to complete this part of mission with my Rommie i dont know if the other characters will have the same issue...
    at least now i can tell that i do spacewalk blindfolded :cool:
    but... its a pretty annoying bug the curious that the this one is a very especific one... and do run only on two parts of the mission...

1- the space walk part
    2- that second part were you have to run cover to cover on the room with the window broken (on this one the screen keep blinking until you complete this part and seal off the window)

aside of these two parts theres no problems during the rest of the mission...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    badcarlmabadcarlma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I managed to fumble about in the dark on this mission for almost an hour and found 2/3 override locks then gave up. This is the first bug I've come across in almost 2 years and I can see why people get so worked up about them.

Come on PWE, look out for your customers please.
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lcdrmiller wrote: »
    Is it possible to take some screens and post them here?
    Also what graphic specs are you running the game at currently?

Nothing really to show. You can see everything ahead just fine until you step through the shield then imagine what you saw before hand but now all black including yourself and the NPCs.

I had to click on Tuvok and follow his Blue-name through the unseen maze of blackness. Took me damn near 40min to clear this like a virgin looking for the g-spot.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    badcarlma wrote: »
    I managed to fumble about in the dark on this mission for almost an hour and found 2/3 override locks then gave up. This is the first bug I've come across in almost 2 years and I can see why people get so worked up about them.

Come on PWE, look out for your customers please.

I got to see the lighting briefly if you get a little bit of the sun in and all three levers are around a giant pipe looking thing. One on the top, one on the right side, and one on the left side. The one on the left side took me the longest as I kept falling.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got through most of the spacewalk portion well enough, being able to find all the locks and waypointed areas quickly. I did, however, have to spend an inordinately long time trying to get into the entrance after opening the door because I couldn't aim correctly into the corridor. I hope the bug fixers take this outage to see what they can do, ha ha.:P
  • Options
    bakedmalebakedmale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i noticed in my settings that it had auto switched to Dx9. once i updated the video settings to use Dx11 exited the game fully and relaunched. it had worked.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulan character, EV suit uncontrollable, cannot complete mission.

Fraps of issues here:

http://youtu.be/kUyrm0oDYcU

I don't know about grinding this mission, lol I can't even finish it once, still will save me some Zen I suppose but really, this should have been tested better :(

Aha, so that is how it is Supposed to look.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello Guys,

The Part with the EVA suits as SOON as i go through the shield my grafiks go black

My Tray my Minimap and Chat works perfectly

but everything else is black expet the sky

i managed to get trhough "the Dark"
    and as soon i got back on the station
    everything was fine again

then i got into the room where the window is opening and closing
    and "the blackness" goes on and off

it is something with low grafic setting
    when i push my grafic Card to peak performence, it stays dark

it even show me the Health Bar of the other npc but nothing else
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulan character, EV suit uncontrollable, cannot complete mission.

Fraps of issues here:

http://youtu.be/kUyrm0oDYcU

I don't know about grinding this mission, lol I can't even finish it once, still will save me some Zen I suppose but really, this should have been tested better :(

That looks nice... But black is not so nice.

And those saying DX 11... Well, good for you, but my card, a GeForce 9800GT does not seem to support it, sadly.

I think this bug is server side, as it only seems to be affecting Step Between Stars... Other missions are as normal...
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, i got the same problems,

when i first entered the Dyson Station everything was black,
    i raised my video settings one step up from lowest, which solved the
    problem.

Then i had to go trought the EV suit part and everytime i leave the interrior of the
    Base, everything goes black again.

Looks a bit, like the textures are beeing replaced by simple black placeholders or something.

When i move back trought the Door, everything returns to normal,
    vision from inside the Base to the outside does work too.
  • Options
    rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    There's no flash lights there mate. Everything is pitch black, except the background with the sun. The buildings, and characters are all black.. Nearly looks like it's not textured, or they forgot to add lights in that part of the mission...

I suspect he was being sarcastically funny at your expensive bud :cool:

but good to know, I won't waste my time on it when the game comes back til someone says it's ok >.>
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, i completed the episode without any further incident with a FED toon. What i dont like is the lack of work on the ev suit. For god sake, if i go to the right, the trusther should be activated in th e left side, right? not always in the back.. lol. And it seems that going up / down is useless, u can only control the suit with the jump key? anyways, not a bad episode, a bit extensive for my taste (i hate walking with ev suits, it soooo boring) but it has a nice starting point for a season.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Running this game in the lowest graphics settings tends to make the game look ugly. All NPCs look like they were bruised in a fight.
  • Options
    willvoy74willvoy74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been trying to do "Step between stars" for the last hour now. I accept the mission and beam into the Joint Fleet Command. But when I get in there I can't do anything for the mission. According to one of my friends in the same fleet as me we have to talk to a Logistic Officer.

Yes the officer is stood where he is supposed to be, but you can't interact with him or talk to him and when you see the Subcommander, it jusy says "Step between stars, In progress". So I can't physically start this mission, and from what people have been talking about in the Joint Command there's a lot of people with the same issue.

Can someone help please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fleet Executive Officer
    Epsilon Force
  • Options
    rigel42rigel42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Go to the Tau Dewa sector Dyson Sphere gate and the quest will start. The quest is for sub 50's as well and avoids the actual level 50 sphere space. Quest sends you to a single player copy of it.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    We do have an inbound fix where you'll be able to start the mission from inside Joint Command.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. I tried the mission again and it was still pitch black in the space walk. So I beamed out and was in Romulan sector space and everything was black there to. After a transwarp to ESD things returned to normal.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
This discussion has been closed.