test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    Server and game are fine, if you ever have anything other than new positive words, you are griping and should shut up

Whose troll account are you?
  • puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care how long the servers are down, I just want to be able to play the new content when it comes back up.

I understand that minor issues and bugs often creep up on a launch day, but there are plenty of developers out there that actually test their new content before release, and the ones who don't are smart to listen to their public testers. The more research I do here on the forums the more I find out that this has been happening for quite some time.

I'm disappointed, and I only started playing this game a couple months ago. I haven't been here putting up with whatever cryptic has been feeding you guys, so I'm not used to it. I'm not one of those perennial dev bashers that all games have, I'm a relatively new customer that they're going to have an uphill battle pleasing from here on out. They're going to have to prove to me that they're not a bunch of screwups that aren't worth my hard earned cash at this point.

Here's hoping I'm a happy STO 8.5 customer by tomorrow.

And no.... I'm not buying the 'network issue' thing, especially considering how borked the release was all day, I also don't like a developer who's first reaction to anything going wrong is to lie to their customers.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server and game are fine, if you ever have anything other than new positive words, you are griping and should shut up

And you're griping about people who are complaining, so you should take some of your own advice.
  • tewha7tewha7 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's obvious they will give everyone a free Special Requisition Pack - Borg Tactical Cube as a sorry for all the downtime. :)

I'll be happy if it comes back in time for me to claim my TOS Dress Uniform. :(
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    seriously bearly had a chance to play it:mad:

Be glad there is an anniversary to play in the 1st place!!!! :rolleyes:
  • dalkavardalkavar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Damn it Cryptic. Good job completely TRIBBLE up today. I spent more time waiting for the problems to be fixed than I did playing. Only got to run the new FE twice!

Got it done 3 times on the same toon before it came down a third time
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A quick ping test reveals the obvious falsity of this claim of "network issues". I have pinged all of the servers of the game. They DO, in fact, respond to pings, and what's more, those response times have never been better, perhaps because no one is actually on anymore.

As such, it is plenty obvious that the network is actually doing fine, and the fact that the response on the port is a flat out CONNECTION REFUSED indicates that the game daemon is simply DOWN.

This is NOT a network issue, the server program has CRASHED. If it were a network issue, I would be seeing terrible pings and connections not getting a response at all, not a prompt response from the server indicating it is not serving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what you will see when you log in for the fourth time today, it will be right on your loading screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know what you mean. It's so odd because STO has never had a rough first day of a new seasonal patch before. :)
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you griped about my griping just saying
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hatepwe wrote: »
    I find it interesting that all Cryptic games go down at the same time for maintenance (as if on the same network) yet this "network issue" only affects STO...

They do it as a schedule. Get maintenance done at X time so we can get Y information to fix Z problem the next maintenance. It works.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can i ask a question

id like to say im a gamer but when people talk about networks and ports i have no cule what there saying.

i thought a network was like att or sprint. can somone dumb it down for me plz
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blame their network issues, not Cryptic. Cryptic did the best they could in order to prevent this, you can't always be perfect on preventing this from happening.

one can see how this may be reasonable

however, its not that the survers are down now, its just the buildup from consistent and ever lasting bugs-crashes and game breaking glitches.
    nerf.jpg]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can i ask a question

id like to say im a gamer but when people talk about networks and ports i have no cule what there saying.

i thought a network was like att or sprint. can somone dumb it down for me plz

The network is all the boxes and wires and interfaces that plug into the internet so you can log in
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    all i can say is huh:confused:

1.) Partial Hardware failure. Not common, but not impossible. Just had a switch lose a couple of ports at work.
    2.) Duplex mode describes how two devices communicate (A computer and a router/switch, usually) with one another. Full Duplex means they can send and receive at the same time, half means that they can only read or write. When the modes on the two devices are different, they can only intermittently communicate.
    3.) NAT rules describe how a internet user can communicate with a series of computers that appear to be a single entity. For more info look up "Network Address Translation" on Wikipedia/Google
    4.) DHCP and DNS are for how a computer gets it's IP address (one method) and distributes its name to the rest of the computers on the network. DHCP operates on a "lease" principle. If misconfigured, the DHCP server could expire and hand out the IP to another machine. I doubt this is the case. I wouldn't utilize DHCP if I was going to operate an MMO.
    5.) Load balancing is a broad term for a number of technologies that allow multiple devices to answer requests for a particular service.
    6.) There are too many people trying to communicate with Holodeck and the network hardware can't pass along all of the information in a timely fashion.
  • turbommx1turbommx1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Damn this is funny lol
    edited January 2014
    If something is wrong with your star trek it is because of your computer and network. cryptic does not make mistakes
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    **** that, I want the Special Requisition Pack - Tranya Guy Ship. :P

No, I want a Special Requisition Pack - Borg Tactical Fusion Cube

Take ova the universe!
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Patience! I'm sure they are hard at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFWn5CQl9M

::: Hailing Frequencies Open :::
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Internet Rule No: ... I dunno' ...

*** DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS ***

Hopefully a Mod will come along soon and delete/move yet another one of these posts ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, its really weird. STO never had an issue or bug, or crash before... this is completely new.. what the hell happened cryptic..!=? :D
  • wptdarkstarwptdarkstar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :eek:
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's dead Jim, again.
    :eek:
  • bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A quick ping test reveals the obvious falsity of this claim of "network issues". I have pinged all of the servers of the game. They DO, in fact, respond to pings, and what's more, those response times have never been better, perhaps because no one is actually on anymore.

As such, it is plenty obvious that the network is actually doing fine, and the fact that the response on the port is a flat out CONNECTION REFUSED indicates that the game daemon is simply DOWN.

This is NOT a network issue, the server program has CRASHED. If it were a network issue, I would be seeing terrible pings and connections not getting a response at all, not a prompt response from the server indicating it is not serving.

Ty for posting. Nice to see non-company-approved research.

Honestly their reports sound a bit like the voth...
    edited January 2014
    if you have problems playing, you need a new network connection, or a new computer. cryptic is not to blame
    edited January 2014
    If something is wrong with your star trek it is because of your computer and network. cryptic does not make mistakes

Then why can I play NFS and surf the web?
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everything is ███ fine. ██ ███ trust your government.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • palinell69palinell69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care how long the servers are down, I just want to be able to play the new content when it comes back up.

I understand that minor issues and bugs often creep up on a launch day, but there are plenty of developers out there that actually test their new content before release, and the ones who don't are smart to listen to their public testers. The more research I do here on the forums the more I find out that this has been happening for quite some time.

I'm disappointed, and I only started playing this game a couple months ago. I haven't been here putting up with whatever cryptic has been feeding you guys, so I'm not used to it. I'm not one of those perennial dev bashers that all games have, I'm a relatively new customer that they're going to have an uphill battle pleasing from here on out. They're going to have to prove to me that they're not a bunch of screwups that aren't worth my hard earned cash at this point.

Here's hoping I'm a happy STO 8.5 customer by tomorrow.

And no.... I'm not buying the 'network issue' thing, especially considering how borked the release was all day, I also don't like a developer who's first reaction to anything going wrong is to lie to their customers.

I hope so to man, healthy community provides an healthy game, and more content
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It really hasn't been this bad since the F2P launch.
    edited January 2014
    bryligg wrote: »
    Ty for posting. Nice to see non-company-approved research.

Honestly their reports sound a bit like the voth...

I'm guessing that they don't want players to panic.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your wife disagrees.

The year you thought it would be a good idea to grow mutton chops?

That was the worst anniversary ever, in her opinion.

No idea why. Mutton chops are coming back.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
This discussion has been closed.