Install Arc
Options

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    How do you get more than one item of the Solanna set per day?

Replay the mission
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Poor Tim Russ. His first Trek role since Voyager (sorry guys, "Renegades" doesn't count) and then all this happens.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dunno if there is gonna be a 3rd outage, depends how many are online and if the server can handle all the extra stuff. even the inconsequential things like the balloons from the party poppers add additional strain to the server like in game spamming.

ofcourse in a few days from now it will calm down enough like it has always done in the past since f2p.
    I'm betting they're going to activate the queue if the servers are getting that overloaded. Which works for me. I'm lifetime! :P
    vagius wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't have posted that openly, some may take it as a challenge.

I'm done for my part at least ;)
    LOL.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Replay the mission.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    friyzguyfriyzguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, this all seems like business as usual. The older STO users should always know, wait till the following day to log on.:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We've increased our ETA. New ETA is 60 minutes from now. This will help ensure we can resolve the network issue. Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

There you have it, folks, straight from The Man!

...next downtime in approximately 80 minutes!
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would really want to know what happened to the server, I am really curious what could cause such a long offline-time (since I presume a Meteorimpact is not very likely).

But at least nobody will say S8.5 was a fail, like some did with S8. Because, yeah, the servers didnt crash and there were no queue^^

Maybe the new grindsystem was just a bit too much :D
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Um. The mission rewards you 400 Qmendations for the first time only. Otherwise, repeat it every thirty minutes.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Replay the mission

I was told it was 20hours from first completion before you can run it again? this is not so?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would you also like to have some Cheese with that? :P

It's a F2P MMo... Get over it! ;)

I like "Table for one in the Whine-a-teria"
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Poor Tim Russ. His first Trek role since Voyager (sorry guys, "Renegades" doesn't count) and then all this happens.

Star Trek: Elite Force 1 and 2 as well. 2 even had him alongside Patrick Stewart.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its weird that this is also affecting the website and forums too.

Maybe the millions of people trying to log in are causing the issue as well? :confused:
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if anyone checked to see if the parking brake is on...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We've increased our ETA. New ETA is 60 minutes from now. This will help ensure we can resolve the network issue. Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

keep it down for as long as needed, dont get pressured into releasing early. make sure those hamsters are properly rested and the gremlins are taken out of the cogs.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um. The mission rewards you 400 Qmendations for the first time only. Otherwise, repeat it every thirty minutes.

HOLY ****... right thanks! appreciated. I honestly didn't know myself and those who got online in my fleet felt it was every 20hours. :cool:
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's not F2P... I have to shell out ~$55 a month for Internet access. and $$$ for whatever breaks on my laptop. And food, comfy furnishings and a subscription to Pandora.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    westoz wrote: »
    i only have 1 wish Server Status: GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN :D

Someone threw up on the server that's what happened, Too much champagne not enough cake.

Q left Ponyville and forgot that he was still being Discord, sneezed on the STO servers, and there's where it all went KER-PLOOEY.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kiloace wrote: »

Maybe the millions of people trying to log in are causing the issue as well? :confused:

Yes. So we should all log out...NOW!
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update! Take your time and Make It Go!
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kiloace wrote: »

The website/forums were hit as well due to all the people hitting it at the same time. So while it's a connected issue, it wasn't because of the STO servers acting up the forums acted up.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    elementx1019elementx1019 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it interesting that the ONLY year that Cryptic had server meltdowns was the last one, and at the height of the games popularity too. Cryptic, I know your probably just going to miss this post but before you release season 9 MAKE SURE YOUR DAMN SERVERS WONT CRASH.
    No matter how badly hurt we are. No matter how much our spirit has been broken. We are Mobians and We will fight to the end.-Ruby, Mobian stealth commander
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We've increased our ETA. New ETA is 60 minutes from now. This will help ensure we can resolve the network issue.

Read: we'll just wait it out until everyone has gone to bed, and the problem simply 'resolved' itself.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    keep it down for as long as needed, dont get pressured into releasing early. make sure those hamsters are properly rested and the gremlins are taken out of the cogs.

Agreed. While they're at it, might wanna feed the server squirrels too so they don't decide to munch on cables or something XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I pay a subscription, so your point is invalid and if you're F2P you shouldn't even be allowed in the forum since you have no vested interest in the game. Don't mean to sound harsh, but that's just the way it is.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Q's OP, plz nerf!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    I'm betting they're going to activate the queue if the servers are getting that overloaded. Which works for me. I'm lifetime! :P

yeah wont effect me either, lts as well... unless lts has its own queues that im not aware of.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

60 mins? Ok... Well let's pass the time then...

There are 5983 green cap-i-tains looking at this thread, 5983 green cap-i-tains looking at this thread and if one green cap-i-tain should accidentally post there'll be OKOKOK, stop pointing the disruptor at me, I'll stop! Wow! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Read: we'll just wait it out until everyone has gone to bed, and the problem simply 'resolved' itself.

I like this post. Marry me?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

too bad it's gonna be 0130 here. but i understand europe isn't a priority.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    I find it interesting that the ONLY year that Cryptic had server meltdowns was the last one, and at the height of the games popularity too. Cryptic, I know your probably just going to miss this post but before you release season 9 MAKE SURE YOUR DAMN SERVERS WONT CRASH.

It's not that simple dude. Unless you can explain to me how YOU would build a server structure that could take this kind of stress. I'll be lurking, so feel free.

Here's hoping the downtime is resolved soon.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
This discussion has been closed.